Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:53:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 100 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SatoshiGalaxy - Browser MMORPG + BTC Faucet {FOR SALE}  (Read 109684 times)
toecutter (OP)

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2016, 07:09:22 AM

I'm now lv 4 Evading, but now i get hit nearly every time, It's this a bug ?

Hello, black_wulf!

Thanks for your concern. That sounds about right (lvl 4 evading = being hit almost every time). It'll get better.

Yes.

Alright, thank you.

Req: Undock button on marketplace

Can you add a button to allow players to undock directly from the marketplace without having to go to the Station page first?

I was wondering the same myself. Filed.

SatoshiGalaxy - MMORPG Faucet - No investments - Satoshi payouts.
jula551

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 09:39:47 PM

I'm now lv 4 Evading, but now i get hit nearly every time, It's this a bug ?

Hello, black_wulf!

Thanks for your concern. That sounds about right (lvl 4 evading = being hit almost every time). It'll get better.

Yes.

Alright, thank you.

Req: Undock button on marketplace

Can you add a button to allow players to undock directly from the marketplace without having to go to the Station page first?

I was wondering the same myself. Filed.

very atractive game.. i am so addicted  Cheesy
darkky

Activity: 51

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 04:45:29 AM

Hello again...Is this a bug or is normal to recive only 7 cpu when i am refilling? until yesterday i was reciving 11 cpu, i think normal is 10 and i suposed that medal gave me +1.....i want to ask u what is the purpose on that scaners that are on market, whe anyone will buy a scanner that cost 20k or more if is 2x lower then the scaner u will get for free(only 20 track, instead of 40 track the normal scanner)...another things, if u can rework a little the impulse engine, dont think anyone will pay double amount of satoshi for an impulse engine instead a normal one (now the impulse engine cost 40 energy , and normal one 50...i dont have any reason to buy one only to pay more and use 10 energy less once 10 minutes, maybe u should lower the cooldown )....i am still hoping something will change in hunting, becouse how is now is only a lose of time and satoshi invested in weapons...i launch a bet or a challange to any hunter in game to make an experiment with me, i will mine for 3 hours and he can do the same with hunting...at the end of 3 hours i will get 2x or 3x more satoshi from mining that he get from hunting...i will do an average of lets say 6-7k satoshi per hour and i can bet that he will make 2-3k satoshi if he has luck and ofc need to spend at least 1 milion satoshi only for weapons and generator.....can u add some information about skills , like what % increase per lvl? is nice that in tracking u add info and told us that tracking increase buy 1 for every lvl...if u ask me is very low, from start u have 40 tracking and if u make lets say lvl 8 in profession u recive only +8 that means very low, compare to how hard is to skill tracking, but is only my opinion, i am still hopeing that u will explain all skils in %, to know if is worth to skill some of them Smiley thanks for all answers and i hope in future the hunting will be reworked, at least to permit a hunter that has best equipment possible to make half of satoshi made by a miner...i dont say to make as many as a minner, but at least half Smiley
toecutter (OP)

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2016, 06:04:26 PM

very atractive game.. i am so addicted  :D

Hello, jula551!

Thanks for your feedback :)

Hello again...Is this a bug or is normal to recive only 7 cpu when i am refilling? until yesterday i was reciving 11 cpu, i think normal is 10 and i suposed that medal gave me +1.....i want to ask u what is the purpose on that scaners that are on market, whe anyone will buy a scanner that cost 20k or more if is 2x lower then the scaner u will get for free(only 20 track, instead of 40 track the normal scanner)...another things, if u can rework a little the impulse engine, dont think anyone will pay double amount of satoshi for an impulse engine instead a normal one (now the impulse engine cost 40 energy , and normal one 50...i dont have any reason to buy one only to pay more and use 10 energy less once 10 minutes, maybe u should lower the cooldown )....i am still hoping something will change in hunting, becouse how is now is only a lose of time and satoshi invested in weapons...i launch a bet or a challange to any hunter in game to make an experiment with me, i will mine for 3 hours and he can do the same with hunting...at the end of 3 hours i will get 2x or 3x more satoshi from mining that he get from hunting...i will do an average of lets say 6-7k satoshi per hour and i can bet that he will make 2-3k satoshi if he has luck and ofc need to spend at least 1 milion satoshi only for weapons and generator.....can u add some information about skills , like what % increase per lvl? is nice that in tracking u add info and told us that tracking increase buy 1 for every lvl...if u ask me is very low, from start u have 40 tracking and if u make lets say lvl 8 in profession u recive only +8 that means very low, compare to how hard is to skill tracking, but is only my opinion, i am still hopeing that u will explain all skils in %, to know if is worth to skill some of them :) thanks for all answers and i hope in future the hunting will be reworked, at least to permit a hunter that has best equipment possible to make half of satoshi made by a miner...i dont say to make as many as a minner, but at least half :)

Hi, there are numerous reasons for CPU rate going down, including adblock false positives. I've reset your points.

Regarding scanners, you can expect newbie scanners to go down in the future, and the whole scanner situation to make more sense, generally.

As for the contest - good idea! We'll even throw in a prize for the winner if someone is up to it!

Phenoca

Activity: 94

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 12:24:34 AM

Almost ready to build my first warehouse + quarry Smiley
capcher

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

This user is currently ignored.

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 01:47:22 PM

Bug: Alert messages partially covered when you resize window

As you can see from the screenshot below, the top part of the alert message is obscured by the second bar which appears when you make the window smaller.

toecutter (OP)

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2016, 07:14:45 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2016, 08:02:31 PM by toecutter

Almost ready to build my first warehouse + quarry :)

Good luck :)

Bug: Alert messages partially covered when you resize window

As you can see from the screenshot below, the top part of the alert message is obscured by the second bar which appears when you make the window smaller.

Ouch! Thank you, filed.

Update!

• [BUG] Station Docking Crash!
  • [BUG] Possible to reach negative cargo during jettisoning. (@furrybuxy)
  • [BUG] New crash during ANY module (except biodome) being built.
  • [BUG] Anyone could control quarry/refinery/wharf production.
  • [BUG] "Looted" doesn't use proper pluralization.
  • [ENC] Top-down jettisoning, warehouse loading/unloading, between-ship transfer.
  • [ENC] Add marketplace filter for software.
  • [ENC] Tweak flashes backgrounds on planets. (@captcher)
  • [ENC] Add confirmation dialog when jettisoning equipment. * (@captcher)
  • [ENC] Forbid jettisoning of GPD equipment. * (@thijsie90)
  • [ENC] More pirate names!
  • [ENC] Combining reactors is now less effective. **

Notes:

* Your newbie equipment is finally safe. Read the full story here.

** We have reworked the way ship's "energy rate" is calculated. From now on, combining multiple reactors is not as efficient as before, but still gives you some edge. This is a middle-ground between older implementation where only 1 reactor was counted and the newer one, where they were all combined. An entry on your ship's page will be added in short order, that will tell you your current energy rate. That's for people interested in working out the exact formula :)

black_wulf

Activity: 147

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 08:49:41 PM

Hey,
I'm playing now 3-4 weeks and i noticed some bugged ads?
they slowing down the game.
could you pls remove them, because i need to wait sometimes over a half minute before the game allow me to press a butten
capcher

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 01:00:27 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2016, 06:54:26 PM by capcher

Hey,
could you pls remove them, because i need to wait sometimes over a half minute before the game allow me to press a butten

Yeah, some ads are slow to load, and even error out (502 and 504).

But to be precise, the thing that's slowing down the game is the UI lock. Essentially, buttons are disabled until

• everything including ads is fully loaded, or
  • a certain time limit has been exceeded

Without this UI lock, slow-loading ads don't impact the game performance nearly as much.

Bug?: Change in time remaining for a delivery job

I picked up a delivery job that had 2 hrs (+unknown minutes) remaining.

A while later I checked the time remaining and it was 55 minutes (so far so good).

When I reached the sector of the destination (but not the target THX/outpost), I checked my profile again and the time remaining was shown as 23 hrs instead.

Not sure if the time change was triggered by arrival at the sector or expiration of the original alloted time, as I wasn't paying much attention in between.

Req: Discard items from the warehouse

It seems odd that you can't discard items from the warehouse.

"Unable to refine: Cargo is full, need an unused slot"

If I refine, and have my inventory full of ore, it tells me I can not refine due to full inventory, even though the ore is going to be used.

Is this something that will change in future?

Hello, Valareos.

Thanks for your feedback.

That is definitely something that can be fixed, and would make sense to be fixed, so I'm going to say yes.

But probably in some very distant future Smiley

Why is this a "very distant future" fix? It seems to me like something pretty straightforward to fix.

(Edited because I was only thinking of ore-to-material refining before)

Instead of checking if there is currently any empty cargo slot before checking, the game should check to see if there will be an empty cargo slot if the specified ingredients are removed from the cargo.

For example, let's say you have 4 cargo slots of capacity 6.

• if you have a full cargo of copper ores, crafting a copper plate would be okay since it uses 10 copper ores which would free up 1 cargo slot.
  • if you have a full cargo of copper plates, crafting a 30nm PCB would not be okay since in best case scenario it uses 4 copper plates.
  • if you have 1 cargo slot with 4 copper plates and the rest are filled with copper plates, crafting a 30nm PCB would be okay

Distance between sectors

It appears that the distance between 2 sectors are measured as length of a straight line between 2 sectors.

The job rewards, as far as I can tell, are based on this direct distance instead of the minimum number of sectors you have to go through between the 2 sectors.

Let's say I'm in Nodus Secundus.

• Sol is 2 sectors away and 35.2 light years distance away.
  • Mebsuta is 6 sectors away and 16.2 light years distance away.
  • Al Kalb al Rai is 7 sectors away and 29.7 light years distance away.

So even though it takes 3 times or more the length of time to travel from Nodus Secundus to Mebsuta and to Al Kalb al Rai compared to Sol, the job rewards are going to be lower because of their direct distance.

This is problematic.  
toecutter (OP)

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2016, 09:49:54 PM

Hey,

That's quite right, sadly. If you read back on this thread, the issue was thoroughly discussed, and the "solution" (in form of a timeout) implemented. It's not perfect, but that's what we have to deal with right now.

Bug?: Change in time remaining for a delivery job

Great catch, thank you! BTW, the "+24hours to expiry time" is a feature made with other jobs in mind (when you have to go back to the original station to collect your reward).

Makes sense, filed.

Why is this a "very distant future" fix? It seems to me like something pretty straightforward to fix.

Instead of checking if there is currently any empty cargo slot before checking, the game should check to see if there will be an empty cargo slot if the specified ingredients are removed from the cargo.

Indeed, and it should also take potential (but not definite) "burns" into account. It's not too hard to implement, but it's still a pretty serious issue, so we'll take our sweet time.

Distance between sectors

It appears that the distance between 2 sectors are measured as length of a straight line between 2 sectors.

The job rewards, as far as I can tell, are based on this direct distance instead of the minimum number of sectors you have to go through between the 2 sectors.

You are absolutely right and we have this on the TODO list for the next version (which would come after the Beta). The lack of correct jump-route data hinders our progress in several important areas, and, as you noticed, affects Jobs.

capcher

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 06:33:17 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2016, 07:12:00 AM by capcher

Makes sense, filed.

While we're on the subject of warehouse, can you add a move/merge items function to the warehouse?

What happened was that I had a full cargo on my ship so I wanted to move some ores to the warehouse (so I can squeeze in an extra round of refining instead of selling the ores for a bad NPC price). It so happens that the only warehouse slot available was one that's barely upgraded. One of the fully-upgraded warehouse slot was only occupied by like 2 plexiglass so it'd have been nice to be able to move them to the barely-upgraded slot.

Indeed, and it should also take potential (but not definite) "burns" into account. It's not too hard to implement, but it's still a pretty serious issue, so we'll take our sweet time.

Taking potential "burns" into account seem like it would cause an unavoidable inconsistency issue - if you don't have the minimum required cargo space, sometimes crafting works, sometimes crafting doesn't work (not enough cargo space).

In contrast if you don't consider potential "burns" you'll have a more consistent experience - if you don't have enough cargo space, then you don't have enough cargo space, period.

I did think of an alternative approach, which I shall detail in the game improvement proposal (GIP) below.

GIP: temporary storage space for crafting areas

Let me preface this with two points:

• a crafting area is located in an outpost, THX, or planet, and not on your ship. So the ship's cargo space shouldn't be a restricting factor when it comes to crafting.
  • it's reasonable for a crafting area to have its own storage space

With this in mind, I propose that for crafting areas in THX and outpost, a temporary storage space be added.

Some characteristics of this storage space

• It's for temporary use only. You'll have to vacate the space before undocking from the THX/outpost. If you don't, you're either forbidden to undock or there'd be a warning prompt (if you dismiss the prompt, all the items you have there will be discarded when you undock)
  • It behaves as an extension to cargo space when crafting, i.e. if your cargo is full, the game will look for an empty slot at the storage space instead. Alternatively it could use the scheme proposed above where the game checks if ingredients used up in crafting will free up a slot. On the other hand, if your cargo is not full, the product goes directly to your cargo as it currently does.
  • The capacity of each slot in the storage space is 10
  • Like a warehouse, you can load items from there to your cargo.

Some things to consider

• Are players allowed to place stuff there directly, and can the items you buy from THX go directly there? Or does the storage space only store products from crafting?
  • How much interaction to allow via the storage space - sell, mount, discard?
  • How many slots do the storage space have? Maybe major ports like Sol will have a lot while remote ones will have only 1 or 2 slots?

Just throwing this idea out there since it feels like something that'd be awesome to have.
toecutter (OP)

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 06:52:29 PM

While we're on the subject of warehouse, can you add a move/merge items function to the warehouse?

A similar ticket (from you) regarding the cargo slots is already filed, so I don't see why we shouldn't extend this to warehouses too. Not sure what would be a good UI for this, but filed nonetheless.

Taking potential "burns" into account seem like it would cause an unavoidable inconsistency issue - if you don't have the minimum required cargo space, sometimes crafting works, sometimes crafting doesn't work (not enough cargo space).

In contrast if you don't consider potential "burns" you'll have a more consistent experience - if you don't have enough cargo space, then you don't have enough cargo space, period.

I did think of an alternative approach, which I shall detail in the game improvement proposal (GIP) below.

You are right, accounting for "burns" would make everything too unpredictable. This is going to happen sooner rather than later, see below.

I know exactly what you mean, that's similar to how it's done in most modern games. (I.e. if I google "crafting window" I see some very similar concepts).

However that's very unlikely to be implemented ever as we're already having enough headache with warehouses. Adding more similar complexity would be very painful.

The good news are: I've shown all that to our programmer and he said something like "*grumble* *grumble* I'll deal with the unused slot issue *sigh*" :)

thijsie90

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 12:18:40 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2016, 01:12:37 AM by thijsie90

So my second failure cameup Tongue  I wasted about 80k on upgrading warehouse slots and someone else took the place (Thinking I could use some more slots for crafting, I understand how it works now, having to claim a planet first). Just might be nice to have some tutorial on this to prevent this for other players. Secondly, was wondering if you upgrade the biodome on a world, so you can add civilians on it to claim it, can't someone else take it over? I mean for example I upgrade the biodome, go to some other planet to get civilians, and when coming back someone else already put some civilians on it and claims it. Meaning I would have paid for the biodome upgrade but someone else claiming it for practicly free. If this is possible I would suggest some time like 24 hours to put on civilians and claim it safely.
Also, have been looking all over the map for guiding program recipe, is it really that rare to find or is it just not implemented yet?
And last but not least, if it hasn't been asked yet, is there any resets / wipes / nerfs of skills etc. planned?

Keep up the good work, keeps looking better and better Smiley

Edit: A suggestion, before being able to upgrade anything on a planet you have to claim it first (except for biodome level 1)
Edit: My cpu restoring just got downed to 7 from 11 aswell (no adblock, no warnings or anything about having it on either)

Greetz,
Thijsie90
darkky

Activity: 51

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:23:54 AM

same problem with my cpu also, going down from 7 to 11 Sad( i know u have alot of problems corecting bugs, but i insist that in future that u make smth with scanners from market and improve the skilling of tracking...atm the free scanner give u 40 and when u make 1 level in profesion u get only 1 , this means 2,5 % from 40 that is much to low Sad( atm i am lvl 9 in tracking and for every action i am using 6...is impossible for me to make 6 more levels in profesion only to get 1 more asteroid Sad( plz think about to a way where u can show the % influence of skills, like u did with trade skill and navigation.....i am waiting for that constest , bet to be held, if some hunter will do better then me with my mining at his prize i will give him also 30 aregentum alloy, will add this to prize pool
capcher

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:55:08 AM

Edit: My cpu restoring just got downed to 7 from 11 aswell (no adblock, no warnings or anything about having it on either)

Same here. Seems to be happening every few days or every week.
kosya666z8

Activity: 31

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 03:58:57 PM

This IP address is blocked
toecutter (OP)

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 08:28:48 PM

Everyone's CPU rate has been restored. Sorry for the delay.

I think I've already explained how this works, but I guess I should add further explanations.

We employ several "IP checking" services that basically work like this: we ask is IP so-and-so evil? They reply: "yeah, pretty much" or "nope, looks good". It's somewhat similar to this: http://www.ipvoid.com/

And they reply "evil" more often than not. There are many reasons for this, but the main one is: IP checks is a stupid concept in the first place. It's very naive to think people are mapped to IP addresses in one-to-one fashion. But not doing those checks is even more stupid. It's a lose-lose situation and we have to thank spammers and botnets for it.

So I do my daily rounds of going through every player (flagged as suspected), examine their logs in detail, and reset the CPU rate if I think she's OK. It's a very tedious job and I get sloppy sometimes :(. The best way to deal with this, if you got banned, is to send me a PM or an e-mail or post right here, like you guys usually do.

I know some of you are going to suggest inverting the system so it works the other way around, but sadly it's not really an option. We're constantly working on improving the heuristics of bot/multi-acc/adblock/etc detection, but it's never going to be perfect :(

Trust me, I'd rather spend more time in this forum, chatting with you, but I'm drowning in the "security" minutia :(

So my second failure cameup :P  I wasted about 80k on upgrading warehouse slots and someone else took the place (Thinking I could use some more slots for crafting, I understand how it works now, having to claim a planet first). Just might be nice to have some tutorial on this to prevent this for other players. Secondly, was wondering if you upgrade the biodome on a world, so you can add civilians on it to claim it, can't someone else take it over? I mean for example I upgrade the biodome, go to some other planet to get civilians, and when coming back someone else already put some civilians on it and claims it. Meaning I would have paid for the biodome upgrade but someone else claiming it for practicly free. If this is possible I would suggest some time like 24 hours to put on civilians and claim it safely.

That's pretty horrible, but well within the rules. I think there are several ways to minimize the risk and I think some players have already posted useful tips regarding this. My usual advice is to play with friends/squad-mates, everything is simpler that way.

You should ask around, maybe you can take your planet back :)

Also, have been looking all over the map for guiding program recipe, is it really that rare to find or is it just not implemented yet?

Ah, good question. There's no way to "craft" software right now, but it's a common loot item for pirates. I'm not exactly sure if there's ever going to be an option to "craft" your own software, I'll double check.

And last but not least, if it hasn't been asked yet, is there any resets / wipes / nerfs of skills etc. planned?

No wipes/resets planned (aside from the in-game forum, which has like 50/50 chance of getting wiped after we finish Beta). As for nerfs/rates, etc, there are no immediate plans, but yeah, you should never consider any of those "stable" or set in stone. Aside from some "guaranteed" things, nothing is safe!

Edit: A suggestion, before being able to upgrade anything on a planet you have to claim it first (except for biodome level 1)

Don't think there's a good enough reason for this, players can choose for themselves. However, I always agree, that proper manual would do us much good. Hopefully we'll finish it in the end of Beta.

Keep up the good work, keeps looking better and better :)

Thank you!

same problem with my cpu also, going down from 7 to 11 :(( i know u have alot of problems corecting bugs, but i insist that in future that u make smth with scanners from market and improve the skilling of tracking...atm the free scanner give u 40 and when u make 1 level in profesion u get only 1 , this means 2,5 % from 40 that is much to low :(( atm i am lvl 9 in tracking and for every action i am using 6...is impossible for me to make 6 more levels in profesion only to get 1 more asteroid :(( plz think about to a way where u can show the % influence of skills, like u did with trade skill and navigation.....

We will think about it, but you probably won't like it. Almost every discussion we have ends with "yeah, we should obviously lower those rates, people are earning too much, we can't keep up". It's in our best interest to make this game more lucrative for players, there's absolutely no reason to make it painful or unfair, but we're pressured by external factors as much as our players are pressured by the rules we impose.

i am waiting for that constest , bet to be held, if some hunter will do better then me with my mining at his prize i will give him also 30 aregentum alloy, will add this to prize pool

I too am still up to it. Good idea regarding upping the prize pool. Hopefully someone would sign up for this, that could be fun!

This IP address is blocked

Hello, kosya666z8!

I've whitelisted your IP.

capcher

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 12:24:26 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2016, 05:54:21 PM by capcher

Re:IP ban, my ISP uses dynamic IP, and sometimes I use mobile internet which also uses dynamic IP.

So far never have I been banned on other sites because of "evil" IP - be it forum, faucets requiring email activation (e.g. Alien Faucets, Hitpxl, ClaimBTC), or faucet not requiring activation (e.g. Milli.io, Moonbit.co.in). I did encounter captchas on CloudFlare-protected sites sometimes, but it's a captcha not an automatic ban. In contrast, I've been banned automatically several times on Satoshi Galaxy.

Also, IP blacklists are more nuanced than an evil-vs-not-evil dichotomy. For example Project Honey Pot tells you if an IP has been associated with suspicious behavior

The Project Honey Pot system has detected behavior from the IP address consistent with that of a dictionary attacker

But it also whitelists that IP if there has not been suspicious behavior recently

This IP has not seen any suspicious activity within the last 3 months. This IP is most likely clean and trustworthy now. (This record will remain public for historical purposes, however.)

Another example: one of the blacklists used in the IPVoid website you mentioned is CBL. CBL states this disclaimer whenever you check an IP against their blacklist

The CBL is intended to be used only on inbound email from the Internet.

If you are being blocked from IRC, Chat, web sites, web email interfaces (eg: you're using Internet Explorer or Firefox to send email) or anything other than basic email with a mail reader like Exchange, Thunderbird etc, the provider of this service is using the CBL against our recommendations. Contact the provider and refer them to http://www.abuseat.org/tandc.html and refer them to item 2 and 7.

One of the IPs I've used only gets 1/39 on IPVoid with the single offense being CBL, i.e. 38 other blacklists considers the IP "not evil". Yet it got banned by Satoshi Galaxy.

There are some IPs for example that could safely be blocked, for example public proxies or public VPNs, but for a lot of IPs a more measured approach needs to be taken, and I'm not seeing that on Satoshi Galaxy's automated system.

tldr;

• I haven't gotten banned by other faucets based on my IPs and those faucets seem to be doing well (based on how long they're running). Yet I've been banned multiple times by Satoshi Galaxy due to "evil" IP.
  • Satoshi Galaxy's automated system doesn't seem to take account several factors such as recent lack of suspicious activity or non-recommended usage of certain blacklists on non-email applications.

I'm afraid this kind of heavy-handed approach would do more harm than good. I mean yeah it looks like it'd block a lot of bots but how much collateral damage is being done - reduced player satisfication, loss of potential legitimate new players because of IP ban, effort spent cleaning up false positives?

I hope you can reach out to the more established players in faucet world to find anti-bot/spam measures that cause less collateral damages to all parties.

Marketplace's number of units per offer

I remember you saying from earlier that the number of units per offer is hardcoded to the your cargo slot capacity. Is this something that would be changed in the future?

The marketplace is not located in your ship, so I don't see why the amount of units you can sell at one go would be constrained by your ship's cargo capacity.

Marketplace's default sorting

Can the default sorts be changed to newest first instead of the current first? All things being equal, I would think that a store/marketplace would tend to showcase latest arrivals rather than the old merchandise.

Besides, from a practical viewpoint, if you're a player who checks the marketplace from time to time, most likely than not the first or first two pages of marketplace offers are things that you've seen many times and that you won't be buying, and you're probably more interested to seeing the latest offers.

Regarding the temporary storage space in crafting areas

I know exactly what you mean, that's similar to how it's done in most modern games. (I.e. if I google "crafting window" I see some very similar concepts).

However that's very unlikely to be implemented ever as we're already having enough headache with warehouses. Adding more similar complexity would be very painful.

To me, "crafting window" involves moving required ingredients from your inventory to a designated space then doing the crafting there. That's not really what I'm proposing.

What I'm proposing can be thought of as adding extra cargo slots temporarily to your ship when you're at a place with crafting area.

Let's say your ship has 4 ship cargo slots with capacity 6, and the crafting area has 2 slots with capacity 10.

So if you want to craft a copper plate, instead of getting an error about "cargo is full" slot, the system would place the copper plate in crafting area's slot #1 instead. If you craft a 2nd copper plate, that would go to crafting area's slot #1 too just like how items normally stack in ship cargo.
toecutter (OP)

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 05:51:38 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2016, 10:50:54 PM by toecutter

RE: IPs, the systems we use claim to already take into account things like time since last suspicious activity, different blacklist weights, etc. It's their business, and we definitely are not going to re-implement the wheel. Also, our system (in theory) is more graceful than the ones encountered on other faucets, as we ban "gradually" (by slowly reducing the CPU rate). And we use the same services that are being used by other faucets too, I actually believe one is being provided by FaucetBOX itself (but don't quote me on this). However, all this theory clashes with what's actually happening pretty hard.

I too hope that we'll reach better equilibrium, because it's really tiring.

I remember you saying from earlier that the number of units per offer is hardcoded to the your cargo slot capacity. Is this something that would be changed in the future?

The marketplace is not located in your ship, so I don't see why the amount of units you can sell at one go would be constrained by your ship's cargo capacity.

Don't think that is going to change, cargo slots are also a resource, which is linked to several of your activities, including the marketplace. Another example is crafting, some recipes require you to have more slots/capacity, altho that might not make perfect sense.

Marketplace's default sorting

Good point! Should be an easy fix.

capcher

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 09:38:02 PM

Don't think that is going to change, cargo slots are also a resource, which is linked to several of your activities, including the marketplace. Another example is crafting, some recipes require you to have more slots/capacity, altho that might not make perfect sense.

Just to be clear that we're on the same page:

Let's say my ship has 4 slots containing 6 copper ores each. Why is it that I can't sell them on the marketplace as a single batch of 24 copper ores? Instead I can only sell them as 4 separate batches of 6 copper ores.

I know cargo slots are a precious resource, but that doesn't explain this seeming arbitrary marketplace restriction, i.e. individual marketplace offers are somehow constrained by cargo capacity.

Another thing to consider is that with this restriction, in this example the seller would need to submit 4 http requests (or full page loads) and to use up 4 CPU to sell all those copper ores. Similarly the buyer would need to submit 4 http requests and to use up 4 CPU to buy all those copper ores. Without this restriction, it's 1 http request and 1 CPU for both seller and buyer - 4 times less. Seems like a good thing for both user experience and for the server.

In short, it would make more sense logic wise, leads to better user experience, and saves network traffic. So yeah, I'm puzzled by this marketplace restriction.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 100 »
  Print  

Jump to: