Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:23:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin without Altcoin ?  (Read 67952 times)
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2016, 09:07:43 PM

I think altcoins are generally good for Bitcoin, people do not get into altcoins before getting into Bitcoin first, I think.
They might have somewhat of an influence on the price though.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
chokesir

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2016, 11:53:18 PM

I think altcoins are generally good for Bitcoin, people do not get into altcoins before getting into Bitcoin first, I think.

Altcoins can't take bitcoin's place so they can live next to bitcoin.
Without altcoins the market cap of bitcoin could be higher or we would have a lot less investors.

Qatuca

Activity: 184
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 09:21:23 AM

One reason for some people to get bitcoin is to get altcoin. There are many altcoin/bitcoin markets, not many altcoin/fiat market.
Zaragota95

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 10:54:47 AM

it did not have much effect IMO, BTC would technically get more attention without alt-coins but alt-coins already get just a scratch of attention and adding that to BTC wouldn't have a major effect.
arbitrage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 12:18:02 PM

Alts are good and i can't see Bitcoin without alts!
It is good thing when you have to chose what coins will you use and how!
vrm86

Activity: 676

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 12:30:26 PM

Altcoins interests raise the BTC volume at the exchanges - that is the only relation I can find.
The opposite question would be more interesting: what would happen to altcoins if there will be no BTC tommorow ;]

Conclusion: Bitcoin itself still would be doing fine, as purposes of buying bitcoins are quite differentiated.
elizabethqueen

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 01:16:13 PM

I just wanted to get your opinions on this one , what do you think Bitcoin would be if there was no Alternative coins such Litecoin & Dogecoin and the others ...
I mean it would be better with or without them Bitcoin would have no value at all ?
bitcoin will be the real king of crypto currency,bitcoin also more popular and mass adopted everywhere,any developer just focused on bitcoin,and they will be the big strength of crypto currency,maybe bitcoin will conquer the world soon.

Next BillG

Activity: 431

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 01:50:45 PM

I just wanted to get your opinions on this one , what do you think Bitcoin would be if there was no Alternative coins such Litecoin & Dogecoin and the others ...
I mean it would be better with or without them Bitcoin would have no value at all ?
bitcoin will be the real king of crypto currency,bitcoin also more popular and mass adopted everywhere,any developer just focused on bitcoin,and they will be the big strength of crypto currency,maybe bitcoin will conquer the world soon.

The value of bitcoin depends on the consolidality of the bitcoin community. The price dropped recently due to the conflict in the community about block size.
Rude Boy

Activity: 770

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 02:29:20 PM

IMO, Nothing will happen if Altcoins doesn't exits. And some scams coins will not been generated. Bitcoin been unique. All exchanges should only contain FIAT to BTC & BTC to FIAT. And i think most of the markets were depends on Altcoin to Bitcoin. So, they might not been exits if there's no Altcoin.
Hellacopter

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 02:48:57 PM

Unless using the trading platforms, i don't think that the Bitcoin's community need really the altcoins nowadays. I think the altcoins need Bitcoin a lot more to improve their usabilty worldwide, otherwise no one will use this altcoins if there is no Bitcoin
kiloiko

Activity: 339
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 05:53:44 PM

Bitcoin can easily continue and sustain with altcoins, it was the one founded first and made the concept the other altcoins are based on, although some altcoin users would find it very hard but I think bitcoin can continue normally.
fuathan

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

Aleph.im

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 01:00:28 AM

IMO altcoins support BTC by increasing market cap and must be in the market...
Miiike
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1059

Wait... What?

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 01:09:15 AM

IMO, Nothing will happen if Altcoins doesn't exits. And some scams coins will not been generated. Bitcoin been unique. All exchanges should only contain FIAT to BTC & BTC to FIAT. And i think most of the markets were depends on Altcoin to Bitcoin. So, they might not been exits if there's no Altcoin.

Nothing will happen, indeed, since bitcoin most likely could survive on its own (which is, without the presence of altcoin) but we can't deny either that altcoin (at least the trusted one like doge and lite) make the world of cryptocurrency more interesting by enabling us to focus on accumulating more coins via trading them around instead of just focus solely on btc and wait for it to grow
Qatuca

Activity: 184
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 09:29:08 PM

Bitcoin can easily continue and sustain with altcoins, it was the one founded first and made the concept the other altcoins are based on, although some altcoin users would find it very hard but I think bitcoin can continue normally.

If there are good points in other coins, bitcoin can integrate the good points. So bitcoin will always evolve better.
commandrix

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 09:40:41 PM

I think over the long haul, the existence of altcoins will force Bitcoin to stay on the edge of innovation to be competitive. There are altcoins out there with more efficient algorithms, have more features built into their systems, or have a unique brand like Dogecoin's element of fun. Some of them introduced the concept of "appcoins" -- a concept we don't seem to be really used to yet, but they're basically tokens meant to provide a lubricant for a Blockchain's primary function like, say, smart contracts.
faridkifly

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 01:45:09 AM

surely, i dont know what will happen if bitcoin without altcoin.
but I was curious. whether they are related to each other?  Huh
MyBTT

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 01:46:36 AM

Bitcoin needs some competitors to show people how good it is. Competitors make Bitcoin better.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 01:52:52 AM

surely, i dont know what will happen if bitcoin without altcoin.
but I was curious. whether they are related to each other?  Huh
There isn't much of a connection between Bitcoin and altcoins, aside from the already mentioned "symbiosis" or having one improve the other, either through value or via technology.

Bitcoin would probably some of the same today if it didn't have altcoins, as they are primarily other experiments or sources of value.
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 12:58:53 PM

Bitcoins without altcoins wont be as interesting as they are right now, We wont have anything to exchange for BTC and make profit, in fact many people make good profits with altcoins trading.
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 03:17:49 PM

if nothing else altcoin,then bitcoin will be the only one crypto currency who used and transacted in this world,but market exchange maybe will not exist,its quite for traders,because they only trade bitcoin to rel money or paypal.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: