Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:39:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 211 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EGC] EverGreenCoin | Environmental Green Causes | Full 7% PoS | Foundation  (Read 284480 times)
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1192

EverGreenCoin® (EGC) EverGreenCoin.org

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 04:25:40 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2016, 08:00:54 AM by EverGreenCoin

I am happy to announce that we have a tipbot in the IRC and a price ticker bot on twitter.

Also, the Czech translation of the announcement thread was made available earlier today.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Buds

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 09:08:56 AM

I am happy to announce that we have a tipbot in the IRC and a price ticker bot on twitter.

Also, the Czech translation of the announcement thread was made available earlier today.

Might pop into your IRC channel at some point and check it out since I'm connected 24/7 anyway to some other channels..

Nice job getting some translations sorted as well great for international exposure.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 09:43:21 AM

Might pop into your IRC channel at some point and check it out since I'm connected 24/7 anyway to some other channels..

Nice job getting some translations sorted as well great for international exposure.

Yes, we don't want language barriers standing in the way of adoption for anyone. I was hoping to have a 3rd translation up this weekend (French) but it seems the translator has yet to finish. Hopefully more translations are available very, very soon.

Thanks for the compliment, Buds! I look forward to meeting you in the IRC. Smiley

Porsche911

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 10:45:18 AM

Staking is only possible if unlocked wallet? Is it still working if my Wallet is closed then? I hope so Smiley (y)
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 07:03:04 PM

Staking is only possible if unlocked wallet? Is it still working if my Wallet is closed then? I hope so Smiley (y)

Staking only happens in a wallet that is unlocked for staking, unlocked for staking and spending, or never been encrypted and therefore can not be locked. That said, factors that do equate into staking do happen when a wallet is locked or offline such as coin age and of course, network stake weight. These factors will remain in effect when your wallet does again meet the requirements to continue staking and yes, your reward will catch up to still equal 7% annual so long as you do not fail to meet the requirements (wallet is locked or offline) for an extended time. By extended time, I mean 30 days or beyond. At a very minimal, leave your wallet running and meeting the staking requirements for 12 hours every month.

Sorry for the delayed response to your question Porsche911. You must have posted it just as I laid down for some much needed sleep. Thanks for the question. I hope I answered sufficiently.

chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 06:05:19 AM

Staking only happens in a wallet that is unlocked for staking, unlocked for staking and spending, or never been encrypted and therefore can not be locked. That said, factors that do equate into staking do happen when a wallet is locked or offline such as coin age and of course, network stake weight. These factors will remain in effect when your wallet does again meet the requirements to continue staking and yes, your reward will catch up to still equal 7% annual so long as you do not fail to meet the requirements (wallet is locked or offline) for an extended time. By extended time, I mean 30 days or beyond. At a very minimal, leave your wallet running and meeting the staking requirements for 12 hours every month.

Sorry for the delayed response to your question Porsche911. You must have posted it just as I laid down for some much needed sleep. Thanks for the question. I hope I answered sufficiently.

there is another way to stake and unlock the wallet while still keeping it safe ( encrypted ) for a period of time ... without it being left completely open for hacking while stacking ... i mean staking - meh it rhymes Wink ...

most PoS wallets have this option - and evergreencoin should be no exception ...

whether windows or linux or osx - the command will be the same but is just implemented differently if you are using console ( linux ) ...

if you are using the graphical wallet ( usually windows - osx - and linux gui ) the process is through the debug console within the wallet ... while command line ( usually linux - osx - and systems running the daemon like vps systems ) the command is exactly the same except for the execution of the daemon ...

wallet ...

- from the menu - click 'help' the click 'debug window' then click 'console tab' ...
- at the bottom commandline type ...

Code:
walletpassphrase passphrase xxx true ...

replacing the word passphrase with one that you used to lock and encrypt your wallet - and replace the xxx with the amount ( in seconds ) of how long you want the wallet in this state ...

eg ...

Code:
walletpassphrase chrysophylax-granite-like-evergreencoin 700000 true

so if my passphrase to lock my wallet was 'chrysophylax-granite-like-evergreencoin' - then what i have told the wallet to do is to stay in encrypted mode - but unlock the wallet using the passphrase 'chrysophylax-granite-like-evergreencoin' for 700000 seconds ...

for linux daemon commandline ...

Code:
./evergreecoind walletpassphrase chrysophylax-granite-like-evergreencoin 700000 true

once the 700000 seconds have expired - the wallet goes into full lockdown once again - and you can no longer stake ... so choose an amount of seconds that will be long enough to allow staking but gives you peace of mind that your wallet will 'automagically' lockdown on its own ...

if you can give this a go - let me know how it fares ...

if it works well with the egc wallet - we can make a better instructional 'howto' and add to the op ... if of course the egc team want that done ...

#crysx

Porsche911

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 08:36:50 AM

Okay thanks a lot for the great information. Is it also possible to unlock the wallet totally again? I did not find that option.

By the way, yesterday I get my first PoS stake EVC coins Smiley
Porsche911

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 09:07:45 AM

I need help: IMPORTANT. Wallet crashed after I type in "help" in the console, i was thinking it is working.
Now I get this:

"This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the applications support team for more information."

I backed up my Wallet just before, but no idea how to do it now.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 09:49:55 AM

I need help: IMPORTANT. Wallet crashed after I type in "help" in the console, i was thinking it is working.
Now I get this:

"This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the applications support team for more information."

I backed up my Wallet just before, but no idea how to do it now.

Reboot your machine. Sorry for the delay responding.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 09:59:07 AM

Okay thanks a lot for the great information. Is it also possible to unlock the wallet totally again? I did not find that option.

By the way, yesterday I get my first PoS stake EVC coins Smiley

You are very welcome.

Once you encrypt the wallet, it stays encrypted. You can change the password, but not remove. You would need to send the coins to a new wallet to have them in an totally unlocked, and un-encrypted, wallet. It's important to note that you will lose all the coin's age if you did do this.

Oh and, EGC. Not EVC. Wink

Porsche911

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 10:03:04 AM

Fixed! Smiley
Ah sure its EGC :DD thanks for the informations.
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 10:59:16 AM

there is another way to stake and unlock the wallet while still keeping it safe ( encrypted ) for a period of time ... without it being left completely open for hacking while stacking ... i mean staking - meh it rhymes Wink ...

most PoS wallets have this option - and evergreencoin should be no exception ...

whether windows or linux or osx - the command will be the same but is just implemented differently if you are using console ( linux ) ...

if you are using the graphical wallet ( usually windows - osx - and linux gui ) the process is through the debug console within the wallet ... while command line ( usually linux - osx - and systems running the daemon like vps systems ) the command is exactly the same except for the execution of the daemon ...

wallet ...

- from the menu - click 'help' the click 'debug window' then click 'console tab' ...

Code:

replacing the word passphrase with one that you used to lock and encrypt your wallet - and replace the xxx with the amount ( in seconds ) of how long you want the wallet in this state ...

eg ...

Code:

so if my passphrase to lock my wallet was 'chrysophylax-granite-like-evergreencoin' - then what i have told the wallet to do is to stay in encrypted mode - but unlock the wallet using the passphrase 'chrysophylax-granite-like-evergreencoin' for 700000 seconds ...

Code:
./evergreecoind walletpassphrase chrysophylax-granite-like-evergreencoin 700000 true

once the 700000 seconds have expired - the wallet goes into full lockdown once again - and you can no longer stake ... so choose an amount of seconds that will be long enough to allow staking but gives you peace of mind that your wallet will 'automagically' lockdown on its own ...

if it works well with the egc wallet - we can make a better instructional 'howto' and add to the op ... if of course the egc team want that done ...

#crysx

Yes, all this is correct information and I do thank you chrysophylax for detailing it. However, there is a feature built into the EverGreenCoin wallet that makes this a bit simpler. I did make every effort to have the EverGreenCoin wallet easy to use for non-technical people that might not be as comfortable with the console. I did detailed this feature in this post and others. I apologize if my explanation was not clear. All of what chrysophylax so kindly detailed can be done very easily from the graphical user interface with the check box pictured below:

If you unlock the wallet and leave the check box checked (default), the wallet is still encrypted and coins can not be sent either accidentally or by malicious code as easily. You will be prompted for the password again if you try to send any EverGreenCoin and you will be prompted on every sending attempt.

If you unlock the wallet and UN-check the check box, the wallet will be unlocked for staking AND spending. You will not be prompted for the password again if any EverGreenCoin are attempted to be sent either accidentally, maliciously, or on-purpose.

Mind you, there is no time limits involved if you use this method as opposed to the console method. The option you choose, unlock for staking only (checked, default) or unlock for staking and spending (unchecked), will stay in effect until you: A) close the wallet. Or, B) lock the wallet.

I do hope this check box feature in the unlock dialog window does make usage of the EverGreenCoin wallet friendlier. Thanks again for the detailed explanation of achieving this in the console, chrysophlax.

chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 12:23:40 PM

wallet ...

Code:

eg ...

Code:

Code:

#crysx

Yes, all this is correct information and I do thank you chrysophylax for detailing it. However, there is a feature built into the EverGreenCoin wallet that makes this a bit simpler. I did make every effort to have the EverGreenCoin wallet easy to use for non-technical people that might not be as comfortable with the console. I did detailed this feature in this post and others. I apologize if my explanation was not clear. All of what chrysophylax so kindly detailed can be done very easily from the graphical user interface with the check box pictured below:

If you unlock the wallet and leave the check box checked (default), the wallet is still encrypted and coins can not be sent either accidentally or by malicious code as easily. You will be prompted for the password again if you try to send any EverGreenCoin and you will be prompted on every sending attempt.

If you unlock the wallet and UN-check the check box, the wallet will be unlocked for staking AND spending. You will not be prompted for the password again if any EverGreenCoin are attempted to be sent either accidentally, maliciously, or on-purpose.

Mind you, there is no time limits involved if you use this method as opposed to the console method. The option you choose, unlock for staking only (checked, default) or unlock for staking and spending (unchecked), will stay in effect until you: A) close the wallet. Or, B) lock the wallet.

I do hope this check box feature in the unlock dialog window does make usage of the EverGreenCoin wallet friendlier. Thanks again for the detailed explanation of achieving this in the console, chrysophlax.

you are welcome - and thats great to know ...

this is the reason i asked the question for testing and running with egc wallet - as i ONLY use a daemon under linux - and its ONLY console ... so i had no idea about the gui wallet ...

the instructions i mentioned were based on my experience with other PoS wallets - namely blackcoin - and didnt run the gui to check ...

the gui method really does make it easy ... i just wont ( actually cant ) use it on the vps daemons Tongue ...

tanx again mate ...

btw guys - if you havent been on irc - get over there ... these guys are throwing their money around to the members of the irc with the new egc rainbot ...

i only need another few thousand - and i will have another node setup Wink ...

#crysx

semajjames

Activity: 528
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 06:58:52 PM

Can this coin be mined solo ?
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 08:59:39 PM

Yes, it can be with a decent amount of hash (>1 mh/s). However, PoW mining difficulty has been consistantly high since the price surge begain a few days ago. Pool mining is probably more profitable unless you have a very large amount of hash (> 10 mh/s).

That said, myself and other members of the in the IRC have solo'd blocks with even CPU mining.

semajjames

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 10:24:20 PM

Yes, it can be with a decent amount of hash (>1 mh/s). However, PoW mining difficulty has been consistantly high since the price surge begain a few days ago. Pool mining is probably more profitable unless you have a very large amount of hash (> 10 mh/s).

That said, myself and other members of the in the IRC have solo'd blocks with even CPU mining.

cheers

do I need to do something with the wallet other than load this evergreencoin.conf file into my roaming folder ?

rpcuser=Eg3sFexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxVBfD
rpcpassword=j
rpcport=5758
server=1
listen=1
Invoker

Activity: 93

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 12:32:50 AM

Hey guys. What miner do you recommend for WIN 10 with AMD Sapphire 7970 GHz (Crimson 16.1)? And what are the bat/conf specs, please? I have already tried sgminer5, but it is constantly crashing.

Thanks
clayford08

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 12:47:37 AM

Hey guys. What miner do you recommend for WIN 10 with AMD Sapphire 7970 GHz (Crimson 16.1)? And what are the bat/conf specs, please? I have already tried sgminer5, but it is constantly crashing.

Thanks
I had the same issue. I think it has to do with the newest firmware updates from AMD. I couldn't ever get my Fury X to stop crashing on sgminer. I just started buying on the exchanges. It's cheaper now than mining, anyway. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. If you come in the irc channel, wolf is there. He's the algo guru. He might be able to assist you.

Cheers,
-Clay

EverGreenCoin (EGC) - promote and support Environmental Green Causes. http://evergreencoin.org
semajjames

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 01:04:19 AM

Thanks
I had the same issue. I think it has to do with the newest firmware updates from AMD. I couldn't ever get my Fury X to stop crashing on sgminer. I just started buying on the exchanges. It's cheaper now than mining, anyway. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. If you come in the irc channel, wolf is there. He's the algo guru. He might be able to assist you.

Cheers,
-Clay

I use sgminer but with 14.6 driver
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 02:25:22 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2016, 03:55:05 AM by EverGreenCoin

cheers

do I need to do something with the wallet other than load this evergreencoin.conf file into my roaming folder ?

rpcuser=Eg3sFexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxVBfD
rpcpassword=j
rpcport=5758
server=1
listen=1

Add
Code:
daemon=1 
rpcallowip=x.x.x.x
to your config. rpcallowip should be the IP of the miner or you can use rpcallowip= localhost, 127.0.0.1, *, or 192/168.1.1/24 as you see fit. Using the specific IP of the machine you are allowing to make the remote procedure call from would be the most secure.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 211 »
  Print  

Jump to: