Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:53:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 211 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EGC] EverGreenCoin | Environmental Green Causes | Full 7% PoS | Foundation  (Read 284480 times)
heggmaster

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 08:19:45 AM

Hello! I'm having issues loading my wallet. when I load my wallet, a Runtime Error Occurs. It says " The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the applications's support team for more info. "

And after this msg alert another msg saying " EvergreenCoin-Qt.exe has stopped working" and then crashes.

I tried reinstalling the wallet, but the same problem persists.

Pls help me fix this!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1192

EverGreenCoin® (EGC) EverGreenCoin.org

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2016, 08:33:13 AM

Hello! I'm having issues loading my wallet. when I load my wallet, a Runtime Error Occurs. It says " The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

And after this msg alert another msg saying " EvergreenCoin-Qt.exe has stopped working" and then crashes.

Pls help me fix this!!

Try rebooting your machine prior. This issue has been reported by some windows users of the latest version, 1.1.1.0. Sorry for the inconvenience it has caused you and other users.

heggmaster

Activity: 17

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 08:50:18 AM

Pls help me fix this!!

Try rebooting your machine prior. This issue has been reported by some windows users of the latest version, 1.1.1.0. Sorry for the inconvenience it has caused you and other users.

Reebooting isn't helping!! All my coins are held up in the wallet.  Embarrassed
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2016, 09:17:10 AM

Pls help me fix this!!

are you using the x32 or x64 windows? ...

and which version wallet? ...

#crysx

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2016, 09:45:55 AM

Pls help me fix this!!

I understand your frustration but, please remain calm. Your coins are safe.

Rebooting should have done the trick. As it has for anyone else experiencing this windows specific issue in the past. I presume you did not have this issue on launch of the wallet before because you have coins in it. You mentioned you reinstalled the wallet. The current windows wallet does not have an installer but, rather is an archive containing the files. Has anything else changed in your evironment recently? And like chrysophylax asked, what is your environment? 32 bit or 64 bit? What version of windows? What version of the wallet?

We will help you get this sorted. Your coins are safe. I apoligize for the frustration it may be causing you. I have verified with other windows users and myself in a windows VM, there is no new issue. This must be something specific to your environment.

pisko

Activity: 296
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2016, 09:54:36 AM

Pls help me fix this!!

I understand your frustration but, please remain calm. Your coins are safe.

Rebooting should have done the trick. As it has for anyone else experiencing this windows specific issue in the past. I presume you did not have this issue on launch of the wallet before because you have coins in it. You mentioned you reinstalled the wallet. The current windows wallet does not have an installer but, rather is an archive containing the files. Has anything else changed in your evironment recently? And like chrysophylax asked, what is your environment? 32 bit or 64 bit? What version of windows? What version of the wallet?

We will help you get this sorted. Your coins are safe. I apoligize for the frustration it may be causing you. I have verified with other windows users and myself in a windows VM, there is no new issue. This must be something specific to your environment.

man are you running windows or unix wallet?

EDIT:
sorry seen now ".exe" :-)

so try to look on privilegs of all files in egc data directory...(c:/users/name/appdata/roming/evergreencoin) you dont changed user?
i had this mesage when i tried to run my wallet on linux with root privilegs and after without...

you can try too to copy data directory(to backup it) and after delete all files in directory without wallet.dat(DONT DELETE THIS ONE, THERE ARE YOUR COINS) and re-run your wallet it will syncing from zero but wallet have to work normally.

nino_decoy

Activity: 51

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 10:51:07 AM

Pls help me fix this!!

As long as you make a backup of wallet.dat, everything will be fine no matter what else goes wrong Smiley So make a backup of wallet.dat. Copy it somewhere safe.

I once had a wallet of a different coin that would no longer function after the anti virus software updated. It had removed a .dll the wallet needed. Later, I discovered it was a false positive on the .dll because the anti virus software removed it from the quarantine list of files in its next update
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2016, 10:53:00 AM

It is awesome to see so many members of the EverGreenCoin community jump to the aid of another. You guys and gals are an amazing community! You make me so proud of EverGreenCoin!

I thank you all for helping me to support EGC and its community.

Buds

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 02:59:29 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2016, 09:32:21 AM by Buds

It is awesome to see so many members of the EverGreenCoin community jump to the aid of another. You guys and gals are an amazing community! You make me so proud of EverGreenCoin!

I thank you all for helping me to support EGC and its community.

Always a great sign when you're seeing an active community helping out fellow members. Just managed to compile my first wallet yesterday which of course was the EverGreenCoin wallet with the help of few bits of info spread through out this thread. Was a nice smooth transition from windows to linux after the compile and was back up and staking in only a few minutes.

The awesome team behind EverGreenCoin has a lot to be proud of as well without you guys there would be no community either..

Keep up the great work... #ToTheTreetop  Smiley

Simple858

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 06:05:28 AM

DEV why don't you ask DEV from SALUS coin for marketing cooperation?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1317448.0

Thy have many Kick Starter Coins on they list. I bet EGC could on top of this list?

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2016, 06:23:48 AM

DEV why don't you ask DEV from SALUS coin for marketing cooperation?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1317448.0

Thy have many Kick Starter Coins on they list. I bet EGC could on top of this list?

Interesting. I will persue that and see where it leads. Thank you for bringing this to attention.

semajjames

Activity: 528

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 09:35:33 AM

does anyone know what "nfactor" to use when mining?
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2016, 02:04:51 PM

does anyone know what "nfactor" to use when mining?

I use nfactor of 10

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2016, 05:15:41 AM

We have been, and still are, testing out a new back-end for the faucet. If you have recently been to the faucet, you might see some very small payments as this is being tested. You are welcome! Smiley These test have not been conducted with the Foundation's coins. Also, so the community is aware, I will be moving a small amount (10 EGC total) of the EverGreenCoin Foundation's coins to another wallet (EcMDgSSYGT8UwrKCnbLeWuH3rZMyE4Hv2D) to disperse faucet payments on behalf of the Foundation.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2016, 08:11:41 AM

So the community is aware, I will be bringing down the primary seed node so I can upgrade it to EverGreenCoin version 1.1.2. This code is available on the EverGreenCoin GitHub repository. There is no need to upgrade to this code and is an optional update.

Version 1.1.2 only consists of new additional checkpoints, some minor cosmetic improvements, and removal of the twitter / news feed. The twitter / news feed, more specifically the .dll's that it is dependent on, were isolated as the source of the errors Windows users are encountering with version 1.1.1. If you are running version 1.1.1 on Linux and enjoy the twitter / news feed, by all means, continue using it because only the Windows version is effected by this problem. The twitter / news feed and its dependencies have been removed from the code so that a reliable Windows wallet can be compiled.

This does not mean we are giving up on the twitter / news feed. This is a temporary measure we have chosen so that a reliable and stable, in all functions, Windows EverGreenCoin wallet can be released allowing for more time to implement the twitter / news feed in a way that does not cause the problems that version 1.1.1 for Windows users have experienced. If you have had no issues with your EverGreenCoin version 1.1.1 Windows wallet, the upgrade will not be required and you can continue to use your v1.1.1 wallet if you so chose.

The release of the Windows v1.1.2 wallet will be as soon as possible after its compilation and testing. If all goes as planned, released within 24 hours certainly.

If you have had issues with your Windows v1.1.1 EverGreenCoin wallet, I do apologize for your inconvenience it has caused you. A solution is on the way.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2016, 05:07:36 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2016, 11:32:22 PM by EverGreenCoin

EverGreenCoin Version 1.1.2 for all !!! ...is now available for download. Smiley

This is an optional update for all supported operating systems.
This update includes:
  • Addition of new checkpoints.
  • Cosmetic improvements to logos in the wallet and system icons.
  • Windows stability fixes achieved through the removal of the news feed and subsequently the dependencies of it.

Again, this upgrade is optional. If you are not experiencing any issues with your current EverGreenCoin wallet, feel free to continue using it. Windows users, if you are experiencing issues with your version 1.1.1 wallet, you will want to update to version 1.1.2 as these issues have been resolved. Before upgrading, it is the best practice to make a backup copy of your EverGreenCoin wallet.dat file before doing so, regardless of your operating system.

Your wallet.dat file can be found on Windows within %APPDATA%\EverGreenCoin\ or otherwise stated, C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME HERE\AppData\Roaming\EverGreenCoin\
On Mac OS X it can be found within /Users/YOUR USERNAME HERE/Library/Application Support/EverGreenCoin/
on Linux it can be found withing ~/.evergreencoin/ or otherwise stated, /home/YOUR USERNAME HERE/.evergreencoin

Simply copy the wallet.dat file to another location you feel is a safe place. For example; your desktop, a removable storage device, or elsewhere on your network. Chances that you will need this backup after the upgrade are small but, the wallet.dat file contains all your EverGreenCoins. It is the best practice to make the backup copy of your wallet.dat before starting the upgrade and is strongly advised.

To perform the actual upgrade is easy. You simply need to run the new version 1.1.2 EverGreenCoin wallet instead of your prior version.

If you need assistance, please feel free to post in this thread, personal message myself or another team member, or seek help in real-time in the IRC. If you do choose the latter, please ask or describe your concern or issue when you enter the room. Please be patient for a response as other people may have stepped away from their keyboards or are otherwise preoccupied. Someone will help you as soon as possible.

Enjoy EverGreenCoin Version 1.1.2 everyone!

semajjames

Activity: 528

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 09:28:03 PM

I've installed it, it's great no more runtime errors

Thank's
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2016, 10:02:29 PM

I've installed it, it's great no more runtime errors

Thank's

You are very welcome! Thank you for sharing your success with the new version.

bitdragon2016

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 07:41:54 AM

Good morning admin and members, is there anyone of you here experience staking and it says "Generated but not accepted mined" what does it mean? thankx
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 07:51:34 AM

Good morning admin and members, is there anyone of you here experience staking and it says "Generated but not accepted mined" what does it mean? thankx

it simply means that the block you mined with the wallet ( staking ) was created and submitted to the block chain - but was not accepted ...

this occasionally happens when two block are submitted by different wallets to the blockchain at almost the same time - whereby the first one will be accepted and the other one ( or more ) rejected ...

when rejection happens - the rejected blocks / wallet do NOT get paid the coins ... which is why it will hang there in your transaction list ...

thats all - not something really to be worried about Smiley ...

#crysx

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 211 »
  Print  

Jump to: