Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:21:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 211 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EGC] EverGreenCoin | Environmental Green Causes | Full 7% PoS | Foundation  (Read 284480 times)
maxamus

Activity: 833
Merit: 267

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 11:30:28 AM

Hello evergreen, im just a little bit confused about the wallet. if ever my computer is broken, how can i used the backup wallet.dat? let's see I need to download again the wallet and after that? how can I recover my coins using that back up file.. coz I can't see the IMPORT button. thanks once again..

To backup, simply keep a copy of your wallet.dat file in a safe place. Your wallet.dat file can be found on Windows within %APPDATA%\EverGreenCoin\ or otherwise stated, C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME HERE\AppData\Roaming\EverGreenCoin\
On Mac OS X it can be found within /Users/YOUR USERNAME HERE/Library/Application Support/EverGreenCoin/
on Linux it can be found withing ~/.evergreencoin/ or otherwise stated, /home/YOUR USERNAME HERE/.evergreencoin/

In the event your current computer becomes none functional, your wallet.dat file could be used on your replacement computer. Storing your private key in a safe location is another way to achieve this safety and has a similar recovery method but, making a copy of the wallet.dat is slightly easier.

For example, I use 2 usb memory stick and a portable hdd. I have lost some bitcoins 3 years ago and since then I have 5 backups for the wallet file:)

Hope it helps

Am I spamming? Report me!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitdragon2016

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 11:42:33 AM

Thanks maxamus, I really appreciate your assistance,,, its a great help  Grin
Chicago

Activity: 592
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 11:39:33 PM

While we're on the topic of wallet backup...

Suppose someone wants to just export their wallet keys somehow and have those scribbled on paper or saved to a text file on a floppy, where the wallet.dat wouldn't otherwise fit --

How would one go about exporting the vitals of the wallet so they could be imported into a wallet later?

RTFM replies with good links will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
-Chicago
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1192

EverGreenCoin® (EGC) EverGreenCoin.org

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2016, 01:20:32 AM

While we're on the topic of wallet backup...

Suppose someone wants to just export their wallet keys somehow and have those scribbled on paper or saved to a text file on a floppy, where the wallet.dat wouldn't otherwise fit --

How would one go about exporting the vitals of the wallet so they could be imported into a wallet later?

RTFM replies with good links will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
-Chicago

Hi Chicago. The RPC command dumpprivkey will do this. As requested, RTFM link Smiley

maxamus

Activity: 833
Merit: 267

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 06:30:21 AM

Thanks maxamus, I really appreciate your assistance,,, its a great help  Grin

No probs, we are here to help. You should  thank to the evergreencoin team, as they provided the answer earlier in the thread, I have just pasted the answer:)

Am I spamming? Report me!
DemetriusAstroBlack

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 01:18:52 AM

Dev of CARB claims that you are copying him.

Tip me BTC: 1MQ3JmX3xsnQqwEu7MB75GwxMtzKxJm4ha
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2016, 02:23:24 AM

what is carb? ...

bct link please? ...

#crysx

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2016, 02:24:22 AM

LOL, what is CARB? I assure you, I have never stolen any idea or copied any idea and claimed it as my own. A lot of coins have, or claim to have, environmentally friendly objectives. Perhaps this "Dev of CARB" has confused this sharing of a common goal with copying? Surly "Dev of CARB" can not claim environmentally friendly initiatives are his or her idea. Not even exclusively to crypto.

Can you please direct me towards these accusations? I have sent you a PM. If anyone thinks I have copied their work or ideas and dishonestly tried to take credit for that work or idea, I would like to clear the confusion because surly, I have not.

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2016, 03:38:44 AM

Trying to learn Ubuntu and figured I'd try it on my mini staking machine first since the 11 are so coins I'm staking are maxing out the 4 cores. So the question I have is once I download EGC wallet to Ubunta, can I just copy/paste my windows wallet.dat to Ubuntu or is not compatible? I also noticed CryptoChainer.com does not have a Linux version would the windows version work? Thanks for any help

the wallet is definitely transferable ...

for staking - on any system - all you will need is the wallet.dat that holds your coins and the .conf you setup ...

i have everything under fedora 23 x64 and centos 7 x64 os systems ( redhat based systems ) - so ubuntu ( a debian based system ) works very well also ...

if you use the windows version ( not advisable ) in ubuntu - you will need to install wine' and its components for the windows compatibility to work ...

though it is advisable to have a native install of the wallet / daemon compiled in the os itself - as it will function as expected if done that way ...

#crysx

Hank3

Activity: 458
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 03:45:19 AM

Trying to learn Ubuntu and figured I'd try it on my mini staking machine first since the 11 are so coins I'm staking are maxing out the 4 cores. So the question I have is once I download EGC wallet to Ubunta, can I just copy/paste my windows wallet.dat to Ubuntu or is not compatible? I also noticed CryptoChainer.com does not have a Linux version would the windows version work? Thanks for any help

for staking - on any system - all you will need is the wallet.dat that holds your coins and the .conf you setup ...

i have everything under fedora 23 x64 and centos 7 x64 os systems ( redhat based systems ) - so ubuntu ( a debian based system ) works very well also ...

if you use the windows version ( not advisable ) in ubuntu - you will need to install wine' and its components for the windows compatibility to work ...

though it is advisable to have a native install of the wallet / daemon compiled in the os itself - as it will function as expected if done that way ...

#crysx

Awesome thanks for your help. So wallet is good. cryptochain I'm thinking not. Post or pm your EGC so I can tip you.
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2016, 03:47:43 AM

The wallet.dat and blockchain are OS independent. I have never tried copying and pasting the contents of the wallet.dat, much less cross OS. I would move the file via ftp, ssh, wget or other method. However; so long as nothing was "lost in translation", I see no reason why it would not work.

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2016, 03:57:53 AM

#crysx

Awesome thanks for your help. So wallet is good. cryptochain I'm thinking not. Post or pm your EGC so I can tip you.

if you want to tip - please tip the next node for egc ... i would appreciate that very much ...

we have 4 nodes in the granite ecosystem - currently supporting the evergreencoin network - and are happy to add more when the total coins reach 7kegc ( 7000egc ) ... so your tip will be much appreciated ...

there is an address that evergreencoindev has for the tips which he controls - so there is no option of foul play ...

the tip address is -
Code:
EVFGgEwPut8GDGfbhN4eRe5dfd4oZffGgg
and when that comes to 7000egc - stevensaxton ( evergreencoindev ) notifies me and i setup another node ...

i hope this works out for you with teh install - and dont hesitate to ask here if you have any issues ... someone is bound to help - as we are all a crazy bunch ...

ok ok - IM the crazy one ... Wink ...

btw - i would not use the gui wallet if you are just using for staking - use the daemon ... its not that much different to compiling the gui ... in fact i believe its much easier ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2016, 04:01:18 AM

The wallet.dat and blockchain are OS independent. I have never tried copying and pasting the contents of the wallet.dat, much less cross OS. I would move the file via ftp, ssh, wget or other method. However; so long as nothing was "lost in translation", I see no reason why it would not work.

it does work mate ...

ive moved wallets and .conf files from linux version to linux version and then to windows version without issue ... havent tried it with osx or android - but cannot see why it would not work ...

as you mentioned - as long as you can copy the files from one machine to another - the wallet.dat is no issue ...

as long as the OLD wallet.dat is copied AFTER the NEW install of the wallet / daemon ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2016, 04:17:44 AM

Thanks guys I hate asking for help but I'm Linux stupid.
250 EGc sent  to
and
EverGreenCoin Foundation: EdFwYw4Mo2Zq6CFM2yNJgXvE2DTJxgdBRX

awesome ...

there are many linux gurus here - and more than willing to help ...

ill be around a bit - and will help where i can ...

but like i mentioned earlier ... if you are setting up for 24 / 7 staking - better to compile the daemon and just let it run ... all you do is just keep depositing the funds into it - and you watch it grow ...

commandline is easy and you actually have good control over the daemon using it ...

#crysx

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2016, 04:41:33 AM

Thanks guys I hate asking for help but I'm Linux stupid.
250 EGc sent  to
and
EverGreenCoin Foundation: EdFwYw4Mo2Zq6CFM2yNJgXvE2DTJxgdBRX

Both donations received with thanks! Smiley

semajjames

Activity: 528
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 10:25:31 AM

Thanks I'm hashing and finding blocks now but when i start i get a windows error saying
 "this application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way "

the miner still works as i say

any clues what this runtime thing is

cheers

Glad to hear you got your mining working. If you restart your machine, that error will stop.

I've restarted many times now but I still have the runtime error some rigs the wallet continues to run but on others the wallet just closes

has anyone else seen this behaviour

I have found a workround for this runtime error :-

if i start the wallet after the miner I get no runtime error

if i start the wallet before the miner i get the runtime error
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2016, 11:30:39 AM

Thanks I'm hashing and finding blocks now but when i start i get a windows error saying
 "this application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way "

the miner still works as i say

any clues what this runtime thing is

cheers

Glad to hear you got your mining working. If you restart your machine, that error will stop.

I've restarted many times now but I still have the runtime error some rigs the wallet continues to run but on others the wallet just closes

has anyone else seen this behaviour

I have found a workround for this runtime error :-

if i start the wallet after the miner I get no runtime error

if i start the wallet before the miner i get the runtime error

Well that is great news. Thanks for sharing it with us. That will help me investigate the issue. That said, I can mine in both orders and never get the runtime error. But I am glad this work around has worked for you. I will keep that in mind if someone comes to me with the same issue before I can find the resolution.

Happy mining!

bitdragon2016

Activity: 231

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 06:16:30 AM

Hello members and developers, Happy valentines,  well there is one thing i would like to ask, coz im wondering why this is happening, my wallet begun staking and it said "expected time to earn reward is 1 hour" However its been almost 4 hours and there is no reward showing on my wallet thanks in advance who can give an answer..

clayford08

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 07:12:10 AM

Hello members and developers, Happy valentines,  well there is one thing i would like to ask, coz im wondering why this is happening, my wallet begun staking and it said "expected time to earn reward is 1 hour" However its been almost 4 hours and there is no reward showing on my wallet thanks in advance who can give an answer..

Expected time is just a rough estimate. It is not exact. Give it some more time. I'm sure you will begin staking soon.

EverGreenCoin (EGC) - promote and support Environmental Green Causes. http://evergreencoin.org
DemetriusAstroBlack

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 09:22:37 PM

Another "sincerest form of flattery" happening with the evergreencoin - great to have the idea confirmed yet again.

Everything is happening as it should be but we're taking time over our infrastructure to make sure it is right.

Anyone here wanting any more info or to take part in our active community please don't hesitate to drop me a private message

Tip me BTC: 1MQ3JmX3xsnQqwEu7MB75GwxMtzKxJm4ha
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 211 »
  Print  

Jump to: