Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:54:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 211 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EGC] EverGreenCoin | Environmental Green Causes | Full 7% PoS | Foundation  (Read 284480 times)
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1192

EverGreenCoin® (EGC) EverGreenCoin.org

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 11:58:03 PM

Hi everyone, I just got done talking with Gabi and we have agreed on a few things that will make participating in the strato project both more enticing and easier.

First, we will be making laminated EGC paper wallets to be distributed at the event. These will be loaded with 10 EGC by the EverGreenCoin Foundation. We have yet to decide on how many we will be making but, the launch event has 700 people set as going on Facebook so that number will be in the hundreds. We feel this will be a great way for the community to grow, bringing more like minded individuals and their ideas. 

Second, to entice people to participate in the project at the 3D printed name level, all receivers of the 3D printed name will also be mailed one of these laminated EGC paper wallets along with their 3D printed name that traveled into near space.

Lastly and most importantly, in an effort to make participating easier, we have agreed on static EGC pricing for both the "strato transaction only" level and the "strato transaction and 3D printed name (and now laminated EGC paper wallet)" level. The static prices are set at 2500 EGC and 9400 EGC respectively. The conversion process from USD, to BTC, to EGC has caused some confusion as using different exchanges along that process can cause much discrepancy. Also, the process is very confusing for people less familiar with crypto and we feel this might be discouraging involvement from people that otherwise would like to participate. The website will be updated to reflect this change in the very near future.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post them here in the thread or Personal Message myself and I will be glad to answer or elaborate in any way.

#ToTheStratoTop

if i have already paid for the strat transaction only level could i just pay the difference to upgrade to 3d printed name level?

Yes, upgrading is an option and you would only need to pay the difference. Please email Gabi at Gabi@evergreencoin.org with the txid of your payment if you do so.

Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 11:04:28 AM

Hi everyone, I just got done talking with Gabi and we have agreed on a few things that will make participating in the strato project both more enticing and easier.

First, we will be making laminated EGC paper wallets to be distributed at the event. These will be loaded with 10 EGC by the EverGreenCoin Foundation. We have yet to decide on how many we will be making but, the launch event has 700 people set as going on Facebook so that number will be in the hundreds. We feel this will be a great way for the community to grow, bringing more like minded individuals and their ideas. 

Second, to entice people to participate in the project at the 3D printed name level, all receivers of the 3D printed name will also be mailed one of these laminated EGC paper wallets along with their 3D printed name that traveled into near space.

Lastly and most importantly, in an effort to make participating easier, we have agreed on static EGC pricing for both the "strato transaction only" level and the "strato transaction and 3D printed name (and now laminated EGC paper wallet)" level. The static prices are set at 2500 EGC and 9400 EGC respectively. The conversion process from USD, to BTC, to EGC has caused some confusion as using different exchanges along that process can cause much discrepancy. Also, the process is very confusing for people less familiar with crypto and we feel this might be discouraging involvement from people that otherwise would like to participate. The website will be updated to reflect this change in the very near future.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post them here in the thread or Personal Message myself and I will be glad to answer or elaborate in any way.

#ToTheStratoTop
Very wise decision to also accept EGC as a payment option.
How are those paper wallets spread btw? It would be a mighty idea imo to airdrop them at a certain height, but I guess that will be hard to accomplish.
So maybe something for the future, where we could do droppings with the use of a drone above places where many people meet like markets, festivals aso.
Makes me think of a former idea I had with a weather balloon and a big printed Qr code Smiley
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 11:43:33 AM

#ToTheStratoTop
Very wise decision to also accept EGC as a payment option.
How are those paper wallets spread btw? It would be a mighty idea imo to airdrop them at a certain height, but I guess that will be hard to accomplish.
So maybe something for the future, where we could do droppings with the use of a drone above places where many people meet like markets, festivals aso.
Makes me think of a former idea I had with a weather balloon and a big printed Qr code Smiley

Thanks Gizfreak. The paper wallets will be handed out. By hand. Wink But, we are planning a second launch for late summer. Anything is possible.

Your weather balloon with QR code is an interesting idea, as I have done a few airdrops for projects and that is an idea I have never thought of. But, the only way that could work is for it to display a QR code of a private key. Then, somehow, change the private key, on what would have to be a digital display, after every private key was read or scanned. Hmmm, we are going to need more innovation before we can do this I think. Unless you are thinking it is only a QR code containing a string, rather than a private key. That string could be redeemed for an airdrop entry. But, unfortunatly, that string would quickly become shared and everyone would have it. Ok, sorry. Not trying to shoot down your idea, just thinking out loud.

Gizfreak
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 12:24:15 PM

Not trying to shoot down your idea, just thinking out loud
Me too and I don't feel like being shot down ey. I'm open to all input, as it's just an idea I'm playing with now for a longer time.
chichidori
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 12:27:19 PM

Been holding my EGC for quit a while now but i don`t see much potential to it but it may change in the coming days meanwhile i will be buying some more coins to hold.
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 05:25:35 PM

Been holding my EGC for quit a while now but i don`t see much potential to it but it may change in the coming days meanwhile i will be buying some more coins to hold.

Hi chichidori,

Thank you for holding your EGC. I do see much potential as we do have a historic, and perhaps monumental, crypto achievement on deck with the strato EGC. That is going to bring a lot of exposure to EGC and get it in front of a lot of people. Pre-loaded paper wallets being distributed at the event will almost guarantee many of these people will be giving EGC a closer look. Also the solar miner will be brought to market by the end of this quarter as mapped out in the roadmap.

The markets have been doing very healthy. The community is growing steadily with new members, bringing new ideas which are being cultivated. I see potential all around EGC. But of course I respect your investing cautiousness and am glad you do feel safe to invest further.

Thank you for investing in EverGreenCoin.

grumpytiger211

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 09:32:24 PM

Me too and I don't feel like being shot down ey. I'm open to all input, as it's just an idea I'm playing with now for a longer time.

what if it were like a scanable faucet where you can only scan it once

Buds

Activity: 190

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 09:41:53 PM

In regards to the solar miner is the scope of the project to only support the staking of EverGreenGreen coin or would it possible to open the project up a bit with the possibility of officially supporting the staking of like minded coins as well.

Just a random thought.

maxamus

Activity: 833
Merit: 267

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 11:29:37 PM

So I have received a donation of 2.5 egc but  no email with the tx id on my gabi@evergreencoin.org:)

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the donation, but can you please drop me an e-mail with the txid so I can know who sent the donation?

Thanks in advance:)

Am I spamming? Report me!
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 12:30:29 AM

what if it were like a scanable faucet where you can only scan it once

Faucet or airdrop really makes little difference. Usually the only differences are the rules for participation, airdrops having tighter constrictions, and the payout amount, airdrops paying more.

You would not be able to prevent them from scanning it more than once and, even if you could, you have already given up the private key or the redemption string and they could do with the data as they wish.

The only way I can think of at this time of how it might work is for the QR code to be on a constant rotation. Showing a new QR code every 10 seconds for example. Whoever gets the private key imported into a wallet and then moved into another address would be the winner. Someone that then later tried to import the private key would be importing a private key that contains a zero balance because the coins have already been moved from the address. In an even more sophisticated system, it could monitor the balances of all the addresses for which it is passing out private keys to and recycle QR code private keys that never got redeemed or "cashed out".

Interesting.   Smiley

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 01:13:07 AM

In regards to the solar miner is the scope of the project to only support the staking of EverGreenGreen coin or would it possible to open the project up a bit with the possibility of officially supporting the staking of like minded coins as well.

Just a random thought.

And a good random thought it is. One that had been brought up, but in a different way. If my memory serves, it was brought up as "would someone be able to add another staking coin to the solar miner themselves?" Which our opinion is, it is there device and if they want to, sure. However, the added CPU power consumption of staking another coin would demand more power. As would the added network traffic on wifi. Also storing another blockchain will require more data storage. How much do we increase the data storage space and increase the power storage and/or larger solar panels to support this is the question. Increasing the battery or bigger solar panels could add much cost of producing the solar miner. We of course would need to be certain the device would meet the new demands if it was loaded "stock" with another coin.

I think we do want to keep it labeled "The EverGreenCoin Solar Miner" for brand recognition. Perhaps if the like minded coin was ok with sticking to our naming. I am by no means ruling out anything at this point, maybe a new agreed upon name could be made. We intend to load the EGC wallet with an amount of EGC donated by the EGC Foundation and bring the chain up to date as far as possible before shipment so the device is ready to PoS, just add sunshine. It would make sense for the second coin to do similar.

Interesting ideas. The team will discuss in the near future. Of course members of the community are welcome to chime in with opinions or other ideas.

Thanks Buds.

teddybeer

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 12:27:42 PM

I dont understand what happened, but my wallet went broken,

Iam not a programmer, when i try to open my wallet, it stops on Loading block index, and bad message show up

Assertion failed

kernel.cpp, Line 375

Expresion pindex and something about block hash or something

Restart PC not helping ...
teddybeer

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 12:42:04 PM

P.S.

this is my wallet adress, there should be arround 350-400 EGC
EWpK3TRzBzvNoEuekcq7gxevWfWU5372e5
Gizfreak
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 01:24:35 PM

I dont understand what happened, but my wallet went broken,

Iam not a programmer, when i try to open my wallet, it stops on Loading block index, and bad message show up

Assertion failed

kernel.cpp, Line 375

Expresion pindex and something about block hash or something

Restart PC not helping ...
If nothing seems to help, you can always delete the whole EverGreenCoin map at C:/users/yourname/AppData/Roaming/ EXCEPT wallet.dat (save it somewhere else).
Reinstall it and put the wallet.dat back into the map. After the syncing it should be alright again.
teddybeer

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 03:19:40 PM

If nothing seems to help, you can always delete the whole EverGreenCoin map at C:/users/yourname/AppData/Roaming/ EXCEPT wallet.dat (save it somewhere else).
Reinstall it and put the wallet.dat back into the map. After the syncing it should be alright again.

C: user, namer is ok but AppData Roaming i cant find on my system
abyaby123

Activity: 203

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 03:31:04 PM

You need to activate the hidden folders first to see it.
HERE
Stein

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 06:10:16 PM

I keep getting zero active connections to the EvergreenCoin network. Any ideas ?
It's been happening for two days now.
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 06:11:14 PM

You need to activate the hidden folders first to see it.
HERE

Thanks to the community members that have been assisting here while I was away from my desk with some personal matters. You guys are awesome.

Yes, teddybear, it seems you somehow got the chain corrupted. This can happen during a power outage or buy a wallet being forced to shutdown while it is writing to the chain. It is fairly common to happen and is no reason for alarm as your coins are safe. The biggest "damage" that comes from this is you have to re-sync your wallet. But first, as these community members so graciously have pointed out, you need to remove the corrupted chain first. Precisely as the helpful members of the community have said, delete all the files EXCEPT your wallet.dat file and a evergreencoin.conf file should you happen to have made one. Also, it is advisable to not delete the peers.dat file but, that is not critical if you do as peers will be found. The only UN-replaceable file is the wallet.dat file.

Again, thanks for everyone helping out teddybear. Teddybear, if you are still having problems, please do not hesitate to ask for assistance as we are all here to help.  

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 06:13:15 PM

I keep getting zero active connections to the EvergreenCoin network. Any ideas ?
It's been happening for two days now.

The network is very strong and the seed nodes are running as they always do.

Do you have a firewall installed? Has some other change happened in the two days? Software, hardware, or network wise for you?

Stein

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 06:15:21 PM

Nothing at all has changed. Could you please post your conf file nodes. It might be that. I have no.conf file.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 211 »
  Print  

Jump to: