Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:44:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 211 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EGC] EverGreenCoin | Environmental Green Causes | Full 7% PoS | Foundation  (Read 284480 times)
semajjames

Activity: 528
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 06:33:29 AM

Ok my wallet broke it just would not sync I tried many restarts,,,,,

in the end I renamed the wallet.dat file and deleted everything else and downloaded the blockchain again that worked fine and the new wallet synced ok ,,,,

now when I put my old wallet .dat file back the wallet starts syncs ok but the balance is wrong [not enough coin showing]

I have looked at the transactions and I see the missing amount being put in the wallet [not long ago] and there is no transactions showing this amount leaving the wallet since the day it was put in

So I don't understand where the missing coins are  ??

cheers

Edit I just looked at my wallet address here http://158.69.205.238:3001/ and it shows the correct balance

Hi semajjames, don't be alarmed. This can happen when wallet.dat files are switched around and there is an easy fix.

From the debug console (Help -> Debug window, then select the console tab) enter "repairwallet" at the bottom and press enter. The wallet will reconcile.

I hope this helps and I believe it will. Cheers!
That fixed it
thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
abyaby123

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 07:42:07 AM

I regret having to inform the EverGreenCoin community that the strato launch has had to be moved again. There was issues with the approval process. Gabi anticipates the new launch date will be between the 16th and 22nd of May.

Hope that is the last delay. All people want to see if EGC is a real coin with future. At the moment egc is only like ever other coin nothing special. No solar miner and no green projects untill now. I really think its time for EGC to show the world we are here !!
uberpatzer

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

Soon we will all be dead

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 11:47:22 AM

Hi, my PC with wallet crashed. Luckily I had my wallet.dat backed up in the cloud. Now I have downloaded the Qt client again, but when I try to replace my back-up .dat file for the newly downloaded wallet.dat and run the Qt-client, the client autoinstalls a new wallet.dat.  

How can I import my backed-up wallet.dat file with all my coins correctly?

twitter: @uberpatzer  --Soon we will all be dead--
Kazadar

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 02:28:50 PM

Hi, my PC with wallet crashed. Luckily I had my wallet.dat backed up in the cloud. Now I have downloaded the Qt client again, but when I try to replace my back-up .dat file for the newly downloaded wallet.dat and run the Qt-client, the client autoinstalls a new wallet.dat.  

Not sure its any help but the way I did it was to close the Qt client.
Rename the wallet backup wallet.dat
Go to appdata/roaming/EverGreenCoin
Replace the existing wallet.dat file
And start the Qt client.

I cant see if you renamed your backup wallet.dat. If not I think thats whats wrong but to be honest I am still quite new at this.

uberpatzer

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

Soon we will all be dead

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 03:10:24 PM

And start the Qt client.

I cant see if you renamed your backup wallet.dat. If not I think thats whats wrong but to be honest I am still quite new at this.

Ah! Great stuff! Yes indeed I renamed by back-up wallet but changed it back to wallet.dat. Now when I ran Qt it took the back-up dat file and I can see my coins! I will send you 500 EGC as a thank you if you give me your address  Smiley

twitter: @uberpatzer  --Soon we will all be dead--
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1192

EverGreenCoin® (EGC) EverGreenCoin.org

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2016, 05:44:32 PM

I regret having to inform the EverGreenCoin community that the strato launch has had to be moved again. There was issues with the approval process. Gabi anticipates the new launch date will be between the 16th and 22nd of May.

Hope that is the last delay. All people want to see if EGC is a real coin with future. At the moment egc is only like ever other coin nothing special. No solar miner and no green projects untill now. I really think its time for EGC to show the world we are here !!

Yes, we hope third try may be a charm. Gabi ran up against mother nature in the first delay and now run up against bureaucracy in the second delay, neither of which has kept him down. Make no mistake, he will persist. As will we with the solar miner.

No one said any of our goals would be easy, only that they would be worth it.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2016, 05:46:09 PM

And start the Qt client.

Ah! Great stuff! Yes indeed I renamed by back-up wallet but changed it back to wallet.dat. Now when I ran Qt it took the back-up dat file and I can see my coins! I will send you 500 EGC as a thank you if you give me your address  Smiley

This project has such a helpful and strong community. You guys are inspiring.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2016, 05:47:53 PM

Ok my wallet broke it just would not sync I tried many restarts,,,,,

in the end I renamed the wallet.dat file and deleted everything else and downloaded the blockchain again that worked fine and the new wallet synced ok ,,,,

now when I put my old wallet .dat file back the wallet starts syncs ok but the balance is wrong [not enough coin showing]

I have looked at the transactions and I see the missing amount being put in the wallet [not long ago] and there is no transactions showing this amount leaving the wallet since the day it was put in

So I don't understand where the missing coins are  ??

cheers

Edit I just looked at my wallet address here http://158.69.205.238:3001/ and it shows the correct balance

Hi semajjames, don't be alarmed. This can happen when wallet.dat files are switched around and there is an easy fix.

From the debug console (Help -> Debug window, then select the console tab) enter "repairwallet" at the bottom and press enter. The wallet will reconcile.

I hope this helps and I believe it will. Cheers!
That fixed it
thanks

Pleased to be of assistance. Smiley

Buds

Activity: 190

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 08:31:42 PM

Yes, we hope third try may be a charm. Gabi ran up against mother nature in the first delay and now run up against bureaucracy in the second delay, neither of which has kept him down. Make no mistake, he will persist. As will we with the solar miner.

Hopefully 3rd times a charm for Gabi and he gets to have a successful launch next time. This is the problem with projects with real world goals etc. some people just don't understand the amount of work, effort and BS that goes into pulling something like this off.

At the end of the day it just means people have more time to acquire some more EGC for cheap before a successful launch...  Grin

grumpytiger211

Activity: 213

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 10:07:29 PM

Hopefully 3rd times a charm for Gabi and he gets to have a successful launch next time. This is the problem with projects with real world goals etc. some people just don't understand the amount of work, effort and BS that goes into pulling something like this off.

At the end of the day it just means people have more time to acquire some more EGC for cheap before a successful launch...  Grin

nice comment buds theres some things that cant be controlled and we are a greencoin so we cant fight against mother nature that would defeat the purpose the mission is to help not fight against so she says no we chill. the area over there is very hard to get things done theres a lot of countries in one location we dont want to piss anyone off by floating a balloon into another country. then just like steve says we got the bureaucrats to worry about to with that being said Gabi has dont an excellent job trying to get things done and he gets much respect from me for that TO THE STRATOSPHERE AND BEYOND!

maxamus

Activity: 833
Merit: 267

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 11:26:48 PM

Hi all. Yes, this is true. There are a lot of things to think about and you need to work diligently for a project like this. You need to think ahead and predict everything.
I had to  submit all the papers ( flight approvals) once more as I have cancelled the launch. So the Airport need to be closed( in case of an emergency landing) all the planes need to be redirected to the closest airport- 200 km away.  I had to submit a detailed report of all systems/ devices used in the space box: gps, APRS system, radiation counter( geiger tube), parachute  diameter, balloon diameter, the size of the radar reflector, datasheet of balloon, flight path, lauch site, launch coordinates, recovery team: how many people, what equipment are they using to trace the balloon, etc.
Not to mention about the "crypto" side of the project. Here in Romania, they are treating everything related to crypto with  a  high dose of skepticism, so I had to explain what EGC is, what system will I use to make the transaction, etc.

The launch site, my hometown, Iasi, is located 25 km E close to  the border with Moldavia and 200 Km N close to Ukraine. So I don't want to start an international mess:)) ( joking). I only have flight approval for Romania and it would be a huge effort to get a flight approval for 2 countries, no to mention about traveling to an unknown terrain and search for  a 30cm x30 cm box:)

There are also the regulations for radio-amateur    Dual Band Two-Way Radio. I am broadcasting on 144.8 Mhz, using a Baofeng uv-5 so there are different regulations on Ukraine and Moldavia, and again, I don't want to mess arround:)

And there is my raspbery pi2, my gopro hero 4, and ion air pro2. and the 7 inch hdmi touchscreen. So I really really want to recover them all from Romania:)

So, yes, it's only a balloon launch, but there's much to think about and make it  all work. And I am happy and thankful to  you all for  all your support and for your understanding. These days have been full of testing and testing and more testing. Oh, and one more thing: 700 paper wallets will be distributed during the launch. I have printed them  and here's the picture:)

Am I spamming? Report me!
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2016, 11:41:23 PM
Last edit: May 06, 2016, 11:52:55 PM by EverGreenCoin

Oh, I forgot to previously mention. I had loaded the 700 paper wallets, pictured in Gabi's post above, for the strato launch event. But, instead of loading 10 EGC each, totaling 7000 EGC from the EGC Foundation, I wanted to make it interesting. Wink I loaded 2 of the paper wallets with 100 EGC. 50 paper wallets were loaded with 20 EGC. The remaining 648 paper wallets were loaded with 10 EGC. So actually the foundation spent 7680 EGC for this promotion and, a few lucky people will find a surprise. Smiley

joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 03:46:22 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2016, 03:57:03 PM by joinfree

Hi all. Yes, this is true. There are a lot of things to think about and you need to work diligently for a project like this. You need to think ahead and predict everything.
I had to  submit all the papers ( flight approvals) once more as I have cancelled the launch. So the Airport need to be closed( in case of an emergency landing) all the planes need to be redirected to the closest airport- 200 km away.  I had to submit a detailed report of all systems/ devices used in the space box: gps, APRS system, radiation counter( geiger tube), parachute  diameter, balloon diameter, the size of the radar reflector, datasheet of balloon, flight path, lauch site, launch coordinates, recovery team: how many people, what equipment are they using to trace the balloon, etc.
Not to mention about the "crypto" side of the project. Here in Romania, they are treating everything related to crypto with  a  high dose of skepticism, so I had to explain what EGC is, what system will I use to make the transaction, etc.

The launch site, my hometown, Iasi, is located 25 km E close to  the border with Moldavia and 200 Km N close to Ukraine. So I don't want to start an international mess:)) ( joking). I only have flight approval for Romania and it would be a huge effort to get a flight approval for 2 countries, no to mention about traveling to an unknown terrain and search for  a 30cm x30 cm box:)

There are also the regulations for radio-amateur    Dual Band Two-Way Radio. I am broadcasting on 144.8 Mhz, using a Baofeng uv-5 so there are different regulations on Ukraine and Moldavia, and again, I don't want to mess arround:)

And there is my raspbery pi2, my gopro hero 4, and ion air pro2. and the 7 inch hdmi touchscreen. So I really really want to recover them all from Romania:)

So, yes, it's only a balloon launch, but there's much to think about and make it  all work. And I am happy and thankful to  you all for  all your support and for your understanding. These days have been full of testing and testing and more testing. Oh, and one more thing: 700 paper wallets will be distributed during the launch. I have printed them  and here's the picture:)

hi maxamus, I am very happy to hear your big project. very nice also if you create a new ANN on your projects and let more people know about the time of launch approximately 16-22 may 2016 not launch that failed previously.

this will provide an additional link in the forum to EGC ANN btctalk. as well as being of particular concern from people in btctalk.

Dev EGC will be able to change the OP and add links to ANNProjek and you provide a link to ANN EGC as an official crypto used in your projects.

it was just a suggestion. if you do not think well, forget it. cheers  Wink

sorry my English is bad. Cheesy

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
abyaby123

Activity: 203

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 04:08:14 PM

Finally finished
German Translation
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2016, 04:21:25 PM

Finally finished
German Translation

Thank you kindly! Bounty en route!

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2016, 04:22:55 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2016, 04:33:20 PM by EverGreenCoin

And another one out of creativity...

joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 05:13:04 PM

Finally finished
German Translation

Nice, I'll add in Indonesian thread  Smiley

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2016, 06:41:34 PM

Finally finished
German Translation

Nice, I'll add in Indonesian thread  Smiley

Thank you for maintaining your translated thread. Smiley

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2016, 07:23:06 PM

So the community is aware, I will be cleaning up the inputs of the EverGreenCoin Foundation's wallet this afternoon. I will be sending the balance (178k EGC) in many transactions to ELynMfNpvy94BSgqc8KhJxyHD9tbQ1WS4v and then back to the Foundation's wallet (EdFwYw4Mo2Zq6CFM2yNJgXvE2DTJxgdBRX) as I have in the past. This is necessary to prevent the wallet from becoming unresponsive as it crunches the many, many thousands of inputs of 1 EGC every PoW block.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

frostminer

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2016, 08:30:54 PM

So the community is aware, I will be cleaning up the inputs of the EverGreenCoin Foundation's wallet this afternoon. I will be sending the balance (178k EGC) in many transactions to ELynMfNpvy94BSgqc8KhJxyHD9tbQ1WS4v and then back to the Foundation's wallet (EdFwYw4Mo2Zq6CFM2yNJgXvE2DTJxgdBRX) as I have in the past. This is necessary to prevent the wallet from becoming unresponsive as it crunches the many, many thousands of inputs of 1 EGC every PoW block.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

I really like your honesty and transparency.

EGC is one of my fav coin-projects to follow.

Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 211 »
  Print  

Jump to: