Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:03:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 211 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EGC] EverGreenCoin | Environmental Green Causes | Full 7% PoS | Foundation  (Read 284480 times)
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1192

EverGreenCoin® (EGC) EverGreenCoin.org

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2016, 02:55:54 PM

Evergreencoin and Renewable Energy project

Thank you joinfree!  Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
grumpytiger211

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 04:33:40 PM

Good morning!
Its rainy here today.
And im in a good mood.
So i'm filling up on some EGC!

Have a good one green ppl

A good morning to you too, while I take a look at the grey sky.

good morning seeds down in my garden yesterday hoping for a little rain today but looks like its going to be a hot one have a good day all

maxamus

Activity: 833
Merit: 267

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 04:38:47 PM

Hi guys,
So I have been using a Hwoyee 3000 balloon filled with 6.37 m3 of helium. I had a tank pressured @ 200 bar = 9,1 m3 of helium.

I have used 140 bar= 6,37 m3.

The payload was 2200grams.( nacelle + radar reflector + cord+sealing silicone+duct tape)

The atmospheric pressure was 106 kpa and this is 795 mmhg. Normal atm pressure is 760mmhg.

I suppose catching the  the balloon and refill it  could  have been the solution, but after a good run in the mud,  the flight window expired, and did not wanted to loose all the equipment( cameras, the RPI, the hdmi display, etc). I have used a little more helium to compensate the little rain that started just before the go-no go window.
Noting is lost, I have learned a lot from this experiment and will try next time to use a scale as well so I can better manage the amount of helium used for the balloon.
 I will fly EGC in stratosphere, I will not give up. This project deserve this. I know this, you know this, we all know this.
And that's a promise.

Keep in touch,
Gabi

Am I spamming? Report me!
drofxafm

Activity: 121
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 09:53:51 PM

Hi guys,
So I have been using a Hwoyee 3000 balloon filled with 6.37 m3 of helium. I had a tank pressured @ 200 bar = 9,1 m3 of helium.

I have used 140 bar= 6,37 m3.

The payload was 2200grams.( nacelle + radar reflector + cord+sealing silicone+duct tape)

Sticking those numbers into an online calculator used by most balloonists you should have got around 4.6m/s ascent rate and the balloon should have been exerting about 3.5 kg of pull, so even with some rain it should have still gone up (you'd have needed over a kilogram of water on the balloon for it to not go up).

How were you measuring the gas put into the balloon? It sounds a bit like this was based on the amount of gas you put in, if that's the case the meters on most helium cylinders are not known for being particularly accurate so it's very possible the balloon was underfilled. The most common way of measuring you've got enough gas is to measure the neck lift. This will give a decent gauge of whether there's enough gas and would account for differences in pressure, weight of rain etc.

If you havn't I'd suggest reading my earlier post:
Here's the post with my thoughts about the Balloon Launch, sorry it's another long one...

I have concerns that this payload will overheat (you've got a lot of heat generating electronics), I'm also wondering how you're going to achieve the transactions at 30km (and that you'll know you've reached 30km). Internet connectivity above a few km is very difficult (even at 1km it will be a challenge).

I'm usually keeping an eye on the IRC channel if I'm around so drop by and we can talk about the details if you want (I'd prefer that this is a success rather than another failed balloon launch due to the years of experience out there being ignored).
joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 06:01:48 AM
Last edit: May 30, 2016, 11:55:07 AM by joinfree

Please Support. Evergreencoin for Renewable Energy Project. one day we will have it!
@EverGreenCoin_ go to the world.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 02:10:19 PM

the balloon launch is like the coin ...
buggy and without success ...

There is, nor ever was, a bug in the coin.

I beg to differ. I forked about 10 times now regardless of what I tried. Forcing only one connection to a seednode or using all, doesn't matter, it will fork.
I suspect staking to be the culprit because an empty wallet that's running on one of my rigs didn't fork but the one I'm staking keeps forking.

This started recently, before that I mined thousands of blocks and staked just as much and everything worked flawlessly. Now it's just a matter of time before I get forked.

Not your keys, not your coins!
abyaby123

Activity: 203

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 04:32:42 PM

I beg to differ. I forked about 10 times now regardless of what I tried. Forcing only one connection to a seednode or using all, doesn't matter, it will fork.
I suspect staking to be the culprit because an empty wallet that's running on one of my rigs didn't fork but the one I'm staking keeps forking.

This started recently, before that I mined thousands of blocks and staked just as much and everything worked flawlessly. Now it's just a matter of time before I get forked.

For me all is good now for some days. Had 2 forks but after resyn all is stable again with 10+ connections. And I am staking too. I don´t think it is a problem for all at the moment  , it´s only a problem from your wallet.
grumpytiger211

Activity: 213

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 06:16:48 PM

got 3 wallets working with no issues here one is a fresh wallet the other 2 i had to resync

kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 09:57:33 PM

Everything working fine on my side.

POW mining away
POS staking away

The rich list seems to be off though.

Happy for you,

Yobit has still not resynced with the new fork.

So I & others are still SOL on this coin.

And I do blame Yobit for not resyncing , but I also blame the Dev of this coin for having major forks in the 1st place.
If there had been no fork, then there would have been no need to resync.

I read somewhere you have a checkpoint server , please explain to me how the coin managed to fork with a checkpoint server in place, as that makes no sense.

Also has there been any contact between you and Yobit recently?

Cool

FYI:
I read somewhere you were going to reimburse one of the exchanges, since Yobit seems to be ignoring the issue.
How about reimbursing the evergreen coins we purchased and never received direct to the users.

Here is my Yobit info,
2016-05-19 05:56:25
7690.06370820 EGC
bb3e262b0e76e371210923f48e245b5127683d1ab2a824e95a964775c29d49e
frostminer

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2016, 10:31:57 PM

I had problems until i removed my ADDNODES and used the hardcoded ones.

Also suggest to use the bootstrap... just start it and do something else while it foreverloads.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2016, 12:38:44 AM

Everything working fine on my side.

POW mining away
POS staking away

The rich list seems to be off though.

Happy for you,

Yobit has still not resynced with the new fork.

So I & others are still SOL on this coin.

And I do blame Yobit for not resyncing , but I also blame the Dev of this coin for having major forks in the 1st place.
If there had been no fork, then there would have been no need to resync.

I read somewhere you have a checkpoint server , please explain to me how the coin managed to fork with a checkpoint server in place, as that makes no sense.

Also has there been any contact between you and Yobit recently?

Cool

FYI:
I read somewhere you were going to reimburse one of the exchanges, since Yobit seems to be ignoring the issue.
How about reimbursing the evergreen coins we purchased and never received direct to the users.

Here is my Yobit info,
2016-05-19 05:56:25
7690.06370820 EGC
bb3e262b0e76e371210923f48e245b5127683d1ab2a824e95a964775c29d49e

If your wallet fails to meet a checkpoint, hardcoded or from the checkpoint server, it will throw an error, "invalid checkpoint found." Informing the fact you have not matched a checkpoint. You would have come to this point by reaching a presumed consensus with other nodes that are in an incorrect fork. Your wallet, thinking it consensus is correct, is telling you it is on a consensus that differs from a checkpoint, hardcoded or from the checkpoint server. The qt wallet will display this error in the lower left. A daemon will display this error in its error value. Both would log the error in your error log.

Any coin reconciliation will occur with the exchanges first and after they have got on the correct chain and performed internal audits. If the mentioned tx did happen in an incorrect fork, the coins would be back in yobit's wallet and subsequently in your yobit account when they do get on the correct blockchain. This has been the case, no funds needed covered nor people "SOL", with all the other exchanges and I am urging yobit to do this daily but I have no control over their willingness to do so.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2016, 12:55:04 AM

I had problems until i removed my ADDNODES and used the hardcoded ones.

Also suggest to use the bootstrap... just start it and do something else while it foreverloads.

Yes, yet another thing that is out of my control is other people's wallets. Only my own, the foundation's, the faucet's, the block explorer's, and the seednodes' can I ensure our on the correct chain and do anything about directly. Like frostminer suggest, and as I have been urging, removing any previously added addnodes in any conf file and only using the official seednodes (that are hadrcoded in the wallet) to sync and discover more peers is the best way to be sure you will not peer with and sync from another wallet that is in an incorrect fork.

I do apologize for the time it takes to bootstrap or resync over the network. This is out of my control as well and I thank you for the patience it does require. 

kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 12:56:41 AM

Any coin reconciliation will occur with the exchanges first and after they have got on the correct chain and performed internal audits. If the mentioned tx did happen in an incorrect fork, the coins would be back in yobit's wallet and subsequently in your yobit account when they do get on the correct blockchain. This has been the case, no funds needed covered nor people "SOL", with all the other exchanges and I am urging yobit to do this daily but I have no control over their willingness to do so.

Ok,
Just forget it, Urging Yobit is not making anything happen, and it has been ~10 days,
and since you won't compensate those that lost their EGC in the Fork, forget I even mention it.
I'll just ignore this coin from now on.

Cool

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2016, 02:40:19 AM

Ok,
Just forget it, Urging Yobit is not making anything happen, and it has been ~10 days,
and since you won't compensate those that lost their EGC in the Fork, forget I even mention it.
I'll just ignore this coin from now on.

Cool

Urging yobit has made 'anything' happen. This is how we got them to put the wallet in maintenance in the first place.

I never said  myself and/or the foundation would not compensate. In fact I have been saying the whole time that the foundation and/or myself would when and if coins are actually found missing. I have proved this willingness is not just words with c-cex but later these steps were found to be unnecessary. Coins have not been found missing with all the other exchanges after both the exchange and user's own wallets got on the correct chain and with minimal further investigation/action. Suspecting a similar outcome again is no stretch but again, I would do everything possible to get coins where they rightfully belong when those facts can be proven or dis-proven. You can not expect me to pass out the Foundation's or my own coins to every person that makes claim that I can not verify. Even if all of these claims were true, which has been proven not to be the case already, we all know the Foundation nor myself would be returned the majority of coins prematurely compensated for and later recovered by the exchange by ways of either the exchange simply getting on the correct chain or after doing so and the exchange's records being brought to balance by my own and/or the EGC Foundation's coins.

Sorry if you find any of this unreasonable and to see you go.

Wosterlee

Activity: 220
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 07:56:06 PM

Hey Dev! Is there any chance that you could do an ongoing (bi)monthly development update of what is happening behind the scenes at Evergreencoin. Seeing your activity on this thread it would seem to me like a small excersize. Some 'weak hands' sold after the problems with the blockchain last week and I also think it is correlated with the lack of updates. As an investor I would like to be assured of ongoing development and some realistic goal setting. I'm sure this will attract new investors as well. Your thoughts?
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2016, 12:23:08 AM

Hey Dev! Is there any chance that you could do an ongoing (bi)monthly development update of what is happening behind the scenes at Evergreencoin. Seeing your activity on this thread it would seem to me like a small excersize. Some 'weak hands' sold after the problems with the blockchain last week and I also think it is correlated with the lack of updates. As an investor I would like to be assured of ongoing development and some realistic goal setting. I'm sure this will attract new investors as well. Your thoughts?

Sure thing Wosterlee. Some very promising developments have been going forward with the solar mining farm behind the scenes. This is the big long term goal I had set for this project long ago at its conception and, despite the obstacles and nay sayers' negativity, it will become reality. That will propel EGC, and crypto, to truely uncharted territory. I can not disclose details at this time but, this will not only turn heads in the mining community. The entire renewables industry will be taking notice of EGC and the EGC solar mining farm project. It will be gigantic. As you may imagine, this involves large sums of other peoples money and is the reason for the confidentiality.

As far as the solar miner, it seems the trading side is not the only side effected by weak hands as some of the people helping me with that have vanished on me. But no worries, thinning the heard of people that only have financial ambitions makes room for the people that truely share the environmental ambitions of EverGreenCoin. I view this as a blessing in disguise. I do have the like minded solar engineer in mind that can help me take this project to production. I will meet with him in the near future and see if a formal agreement can be made. I wouldn't be mentioning it if I did not feel a favorable outcome was likely.

As you may or may not know, a payment processing gateway is a goal that is preventing many merchants that wish to accept EGC from doing so. Achieving this goal will do much to help stabilize the price. I will get another social media campaign/push for this together. This is another obligation I previously had assistance with I will and must assume. I have been in crypto long enough to know the role of lead dev oftentimes becomes lead do everything. No worries, I am accustom to it and know the people I can depend on, regardless of market fluctuations or troubled waters. Another blessing.

I will keep you all posted. Smiley Thanks for holding and realizing the big goals of EverGreenCoin are very ambitious, will take time, and will not be easy. Only worth every bit of it. Even weak hands could become strong, once all the cards are out. But folding before then only makes any hand a loser. Wink

portdavenport

Activity: 166

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 01:39:49 AM

An another Investor, I second this.

Furthermore, I am willing to provide additional website development and project advice to advance the coin if interested.

With a few tweaks, this coin could be doing really well.

A balance between moderating the forum and further business/technical development would be optimal.

Cheers,

Portdavenport
www.scifidomain.com
joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 03:18:29 AM
Last edit: June 01, 2016, 05:01:09 AM by joinfree

I bought more so for the future. temporarily forget about the low response from yobit .. and I made a presentation pdf to facilitate people to do what the EGC. but my english is bad (google translate), and I need some input, for plus and minus. later will come the post: D

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2016, 04:19:07 AM

The block explorer is going down for repairs. This will be about 4 hours to complete. Sorry for the interruption but it is needed.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2016, 04:21:33 AM

I bought more so for the future. temporarily forget about the low response from yobit .. and I made a presentation pdf to facilitate people to do what the EGC. but my english is bad (google translate), and I need some input, for plus and minus. later will come the post: D

If you wish for me to have a look, I would be glad to help. PM me if so. Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 211 »
  Print  

Jump to: