Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:07:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin-Central, first exchange licensed to operate with a bank. This is HUGE  (Read 191822 times)
lucb1e

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 12:02:36 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2013, 06:32:12 PM by lucb1e

And now they're down Sad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
glub0x
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1013

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 12:22:17 PM

rhaaaa this site!

The cost of mediation increases transaction costs, limiting the
minimum practical transaction size and cutting off the possibility for small casual transactions

Satoshi Nakamoto : https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
1PFYcabWEwZFm2Ez5LGTx3ftz

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 12:34:24 PM

UPDATE:
My withdrawal finally got completed (after more than 48 hours), but now bitcoin-central is down again.
I still had some funds there which I was not yet able to withdraw.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 01:03:50 PM

davout, is it possible to get a list of trades with the following info for my bitcoin-central account:

• trade_id (optional but makes sense for updates and such)
  • timestamp (or at least date)
  • currency pair
  • price
  • amount
  • buy/sell

and a list of deposits and withdrawals?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
davout (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

davout, is it possible to get a list of trades with the following info for my bitcoin-central account:

• trade_id (optional but makes sense for updates and such)
  • timestamp (or at least date)
  • currency pair
  • price
  • amount
  • buy/sell

and a list of deposits and withdrawals?

Yes, email me.

Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 05:17:34 PM

Any ETA on bitcentral comeback ?

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
Boussac
Legendary

Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2013, 01:01:33 PM

Paymium is talking now to potential banking partners: this should not take a whole lot longer.
In parallel, the Paymium dev team is working on enhanced security, peformance and GUI.
Stay tuned..

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 06:59:51 AM

Paymium is talking now to potential banking partners: this should not take a whole lot longer.
In parallel, the Paymium dev team is working on enhanced security, peformance and GUI.
Stay tuned..

Good luck in finding a bank that its CEO hasn't heard about Liberty Reserve.

My guess is that no bank will touch Paymium in fear of opening the doors for a money laundering investigation.

Any bank that does allow Paymium as a client, probably has low due diligence standards and should be avoided.

Can't wait till you publicly name the bank you get lucky to team up with. I'm sure they, too, can't wait to see their name in print.
Boussac
Legendary

Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 12:14:26 PM

Stay tuned..

My guess is that no bank will touch Paymium in fear of opening the doors for a money laundering investigation.

Any bank that does allow Paymium as a client, probably has low due diligence standards and should be avoided.

Can't wait till you publicly name the bank you get lucky to team up with. I'm sure they, too, can't wait to see their name in print.

Thanks for your kind words, Phinnaeus Gaga.

TheFootMan

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 01:56:14 AM

Thanks for your kind words, Phinnaeus Gaga.

I think you spelled his name wrong. Since you seem to be a genuine and nice guy Boussac, that care for customers and act very professionally, I assume it was just your browser spell checker that went awry. Could happen to the best.
Serenata

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 09:05:59 AM

What about the hosting company? If I remember right, there was some trouble with OVH.

BitcoinX.gr - To ελληνικό στέκι τoυ Bitcoin

My GPG Key
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 12:24:00 PM

Stay tuned..

I think you're being a bit dramatic. It is entirely possible to team up with a bank in such a way that the bank isn't exposed in a bad way. Compliance, compliance, compliance. We should all be making that happen. 

more or less retired.
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 12:35:04 PM

Stay tuned..

I think you're being a bit dramatic. It is entirely possible to team up with a bank in such a way that the bank isn't exposed in a bad way. Compliance, compliance, compliance. We should all be making that happen. 

I've seen some of the paperwork involved between a bank on one side and a bitcoinmarket on the other.

NOT trivial AT ALL, no matter how nicely you can spell "compliance".
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 12:37:16 PM

Stay tuned..

I've seen some of the paperwork involved between a bank on one side and a bitcoinmarket on the other.

I was assuming they would hire someone who has done more then just 'seen' some paperwork. Thanks for your expert opinion in once having glimpsed a stack of paper that you didn't understand.

If they are a real company they will hire a lawyer with regulatory compliance experience.

more or less retired.
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 12:38:56 PM

Compliance, compliance, compliance. We should all be making that happen. 
It is not possible even if you want to. Bitcoin is not compatible with current banking regulations. Your money service business will be compatible only if you can confiscate money from customer accounts. It is not possible with bitcoins. This is why bitcoin is illegal by definition! Of course, there is nothing wrong with bitcoin. This is current money laws that need to be changed.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 12:42:13 PM

Compliance, compliance, compliance. We should all be making that happen.
It is not possible even if you want to. Bitcoin is not compatible with current banking regulations. Your money service business will be compatible only if you can confiscate money from customer accounts. It is not possible with bitcoins. This is why bitcoin is illegal by definition! Of course, there is nothing wrong with bitcoin. This is current money laws that need to be changed.

*sigh* You're assuming someone is trying to run a bitcoin bank versus an exchange. They are different things.

more or less retired.
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 12:48:09 PM

You're assuming someone is trying to run a bitcoin bank versus an exchange.
Bank or exchange it doesn't matter. Under the current regulatory framework they are parts of one chain and operate in the same fashion. If you are not able to confiscate the funds on a customer account you are not compliant. Period.
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 12:56:10 PM

Stay tuned..

I was assuming they would hire someone who has done more then just 'seen' some paperwork. Thanks for your expert opinion in once having glimpsed a stack of paper that you didn't understand.

If they are a real company they will hire a lawyer with regulatory compliance experience.

Sheesh, don't get all peeved just because I read something you only heard about^^
There's a whole number of issues that even a bunch of lawyers familiar with the field have a hard time answering.
Hell, a whole number of issues are completely up for interpretation. And no bank I know of will touch bitcoin without securing every possible line of transaction or possible failure.

One basic example: Need Bitcoin deposits be held at the exchange or at the bank? MUST they be at the bank? MAY the be at the exchange? What kind of libel arises in either case? Are they subject to the EU deposit insurance? To what extent...?

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 01:22:23 PM

Stay tuned..

Sheesh, don't get all peeved just because I read something you only heard about^^
There's a whole number of issues that even a bunch of lawyers familiar with the field have a hard time answering.
Hell, a whole number of issues are completely up for interpretation. And no bank I know of will touch bitcoin without securing every possible line of transaction or possible failure.

One basic example: Need Bitcoin deposits be held at the exchange or at the bank? MUST they be at the bank? MAY the be at the exchange? What kind of libel arises in either case? Are they subject to the EU deposit insurance? To what extent...?

haaha, sorry. :-)

more or less retired.
davout (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 01:37:56 PM

Just for the few people here who seem a little confused : Bitcoin is legally neither currency, nor electronic money.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: