Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:24:45 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitFunder] Asset Exchange Marketplace + Rewritable Options Trading  (Read 129211 times)
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 07:17:55 AM

Signed up to a real site and looked around how to deposit my BTC. I was really disappointed and surprised to find out I need a account in something called weexchange.co Sad
WTF is weexchange.co and what is the value they add to this?

WeExchange is an exchange site that Graet and myself operate.

I hope you would consider giving it a try as many others have and see the benefits for yourself. Smiley

Thanks!

Sorry, but what is the benefit? I fail to see it. Just one more step to take and more buttons to click. Smiley

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
burnside
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2013, 08:38:18 AM
Last edit: January 04, 2013, 09:53:11 AM by burnside

I went to open a weexchange account, it's asking for:

First Name:
Last Name:
Street Address 1:
Street Address 2:
City:
State:
Postal:
Phone Number:

Is all that really necessary?

I just want to transfer my BTC in and out of Bitfunder.   Undecided

Edit: I realize after posting that coming from me that you may consider this a personal slam against Bitfunder rather than a legitimate end user complaint.  Please, take it as the latter.  I had shares in Bakewell that I wish to liquidate to recover my BTC and I have zero desire to give up my personal contact info to weexchange if they are unwilling to give up their real contact info to me.

http://weexchange.co/?page=helpcontact

[nice building pic]

Mailing Address:
WeExchange, Inc
9500 Ray White St.
Keller, Tx 76244
USA

http://www.davincivirtual.com/loc/us/texas/fort-worth-virtual-offices/facility-671

[nice building pic]

Fort Worth/ Keller
$75.00/month
9500 Ray White Blvd.
Fort Worth, TX 76244
1.888.VOFFICE (1.888.863.3423)

This Virtual Office Package Includes...

Edit 2:

I thought maybe I could just skip the name/address/phone bit.  No can do:

First name must be at least 2 characters.Last name must be at least 2 characters.Street address too short.City name must be at least 3 characters.Postal code must be at least 3 characters.

JordanL
Donator

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 09:13:44 AM

I've done a couple transfers through wex to bitfunder, worked fine, not much of a hassle at all. I love the platform, good luck to those involved.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 11:42:01 AM

I can see the benefits if it was hooking up to Mt. Gox. or something. But they're pretty much owned by the same owner -.-

Still I deposited 3 btc.
Ukyo (OP)

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 07:34:51 PM

I went to open a weexchange account, it's asking for:

First Name:
Last Name:
Street Address 1:
Street Address 2:
City:
State:
Postal:
Phone Number:

Is all that really necessary?

I just want to transfer my BTC in and out of Bitfunder.   Undecided

Edit: I realize after posting that coming from me that you may consider this a personal slam against Bitfunder rather than a legitimate end user complaint.  Please, take it as the latter.  I had shares in Bakewell that I wish to liquidate to recover my BTC and I have zero desire to give up my personal contact info to weexchange if they are unwilling to give up their real contact info to me.

http://weexchange.co/?page=helpcontact

[nice building pic]

Mailing Address:
WeExchange, Inc
9500 Ray White St.
Keller, Tx 76244
USA

http://www.davincivirtual.com/loc/us/texas/fort-worth-virtual-offices/facility-671

[nice building pic]

Fort Worth/ Keller
$75.00/month
9500 Ray White Blvd.
Fort Worth, TX 76244
1.888.VOFFICE (1.888.863.3423)

This Virtual Office Package Includes...

Edit 2:

I thought maybe I could just skip the name/address/phone bit.  No can do:

First name must be at least 2 characters.Last name must be at least 2 characters.Street address too short.City name must be at least 3 characters.Postal code must be at least 3 characters.

Yup, they even rent real executive offices too! It's a great location. (Esp. only being about 5min from the house.)
Free power included with the monthly. Wink

WeExchange offers a btc exchange. It follows AML and KYC requirements. Being a business owner I am sure you can understand a need for this?
I mean, a business that's primary focus is to handle money really SHOULD know something about their customers and try to follow legal procedures.

While I cannot give you any advise on what to do about those fields. I can and will be helpful enough to tell you that currently, there is no verification needed if you are only depositing or withdrawing BTC. It is primarily for the fiats.

You seem kind of annoyed at having to deal with my sites in general? I am a little confused at this since you have had a BF account for some time now.
If you have 'competitor syndrome' or something like that I guess it is understandable why you cannot keep your personal issues to private conversation.

You know, I think I have mentioned several times that I have had accounts, not only on btct, but litecoinglobal as well, and even own shares of ltc-global.
Even if something on the site has annoyed me, or whatever, I still complied with and did what needed to be done to use the service without going into your thread/s and blasting you over my personal opinion, esp. when it is completely biased and irrelevant to anyone else.

I am glad to see that you were easily able to find readily available contact info for the site, and probably saw the ticket support system in BitFunder as well. I think any reputable site owes it to their users to offer some direct means of contact! Smiley
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 07:45:16 PM

Nothing against BitFunder, as I haven't given it a good going over...yet, but I'd be annoyed too if I had to go to another exchange to recover my shares because an asset issuer suddenly locked and transferred my shares without warning or vote.   

burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2013, 07:58:55 PM

Yup, they even rent real executive offices too! It's a great location. (Esp. only being about 5min from the house.)

WeExchange offers a btc exchange. It follows AML and KYC requirements. Being a business owner I am sure you can understand a need for this?
I mean, a business that's primary focus is to handle money really SHOULD know something about their customers and try to follow legal procedures.

While I cannot give you any advise on what to do about those fields. I can and will be helpful enough to tell you that currently, there is no verification needed if you are only depositing or withdrawing BTC. It is primarily for the fiats.

You seem kind of annoyed at having to deal with my sites in general? I am a little confused at this since you have had a BF account for some time now.
If you have 'competitor syndrome' or something like that I guess it is understandable why you cannot keep your personal issues to private conversation.

You know, I think I have mentioned several times that I have had accounts, not only on btct, but litecoinglobal as well, and even own shares of ltc-global.
Even if something on the site has annoyed me, or whatever, I still complied with and did what needed to be done to use the service without going into your thread/s and blasting you over my personal opinion, esp. when it is completely biased and irrelevant to anyone else.

I am glad to see that you were easily able to find readily available contact info for the site, and probably saw the ticket support system in BitFunder as well. I think any reputable site owes it to their users to offer some direct means of contact! Smiley

It has nothing to do with exchange competition or whatever, I have had a Bitfunder account for a while.  I really like the site.  It's smooth and easy to use.  I think it's a good thing having alternatives out there.  Claiming my bakewell shares was super simple.  Kudos for that.

Please realize, this is simply a concern of a fellow bitfunder user.  Treat me as you would any of the other Bakewell shareholders.

Bakewell has transitioned my shares without prior warning, so if I want that BTC back, I am forced to give up my personal info.  It's no different than the crap Giga is pulling with Gigamining AML and I'm not the only shareholder pissed, he caught us all by surprise and remember this is a STOCK, things like this should have been put up to a motion.  (not even necessarily your fault here, I have no idea what your part of the transition deal is)  I don't give my personal info to Google or Facebook or any other sites I can avoid and it made me really upset when I had to give it to Paypal to collect $$ someone sent me.  Is there any way weexchange can relax the registration requirements and then collect that stuff when actually needed to execute real money transactions?

Thank you, appreciate your consideration.
Deprived

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 08:26:40 PM

It has nothing to do with exchange competition or whatever, I have had a Bitfunder account for a while.  I really like the site.  It's smooth and easy to use.  I think it's a good thing having alternatives out there.  Claiming my bakewell shares was super simple.  Kudos for that.

Please realize, this is simply a concern of a fellow bitfunder user.  Treat me as you would any of the other Bakewell shareholders.

Bakewell has transitioned my shares without prior warning, so if I want that BTC back, I am forced to give up my personal info.  It's no different than the crap Giga is pulling with Gigamining AML and I'm not the only shareholder pissed, he caught us all by surprise and remember this is a STOCK, things like this should have been put up to a motion.  (not even necessarily your fault here, I have no idea what your part of the transition deal is)  I don't give my personal info to Google or Facebook or any other sites I can avoid and it made me really upset when I had to give it to Paypal to collect $$ someone sent me.  Is there any way weexchange can relax the registration requirements and then collect that stuff when actually needed to execute real money transactions?

Thank you, appreciate your consideration.

Right now you could put Mickey Mouse as your name and Disneyland as your address, so long as you don't want to use fiat currencies on weex.  Of course problem comes down the line if they suddenly change their policy and you can't get your BTC out of BitFunder without verifying your ID.  I'd HOPE that if weex ever makes that policy change then BitFunder would provide a means to withdraw without having to use weex - maybe Ukyo can give some reassurance on that.
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 08:32:10 PM

Nothing against BitFunder, as I haven't given it a good going over...yet, but I'd be annoyed too if I had to go to another exchange to recover my shares because an asset issuer suddenly locked and transferred my shares without warning or vote.   

Yes, when Ian contacted me about the migration I do not recall a mention of if he was having a vote or not.
Although, in retrospect I do not think there was ever a real vote to move to btct.co either.
Just some forum posts by a mix shareholders, and non-shareholders at the time. (Granted I am not privy to any emails so I may have missed it there.)

I guess that was setting a precedent ? It seemed users at that time did not necessarily care where/what Ian did, as long as they got their
shares/divs. btct was not the only option at the time, crypto was around as well.

And yes, I can see how having to use his BitFunder account to claim shares that were originally on his exchange could be annoying, but in the end
it really should not matter really. You are buying the shares to be part of the asset, and support the asset, really regardless of where they are. I own
shares of lots of things that are not on BF. Would I be sad if I had to use another site to manage those shares? Depends on if I actively trade there
already or not, but I would be sad to see the asset leave. Would I get grumpy and dump all my shares of that asset because of some imaginary turf
war and possibly hurt the trading value of the asset, and other peoples value over it? Seems childish, emotional and irrational.

Edit: While writing this he made the above post. Apparently it seems his reasons for wanting to dump his shares of bakewell is because he does not want anyone having any kind of information about him. Although once the issue of him needing a WeExchange account is solved, it would become a non-issue I would think ?

Although, being that he did provide Ian with the list, he actually knew ahead of time, and made the decision to not act on 'inside information' and allowed his shares to be transferred w/o selling them off first.

Regardless of what exchange my shareholders are on, I will continue to hold them, trade them, earn divs from them, and reinvest into them as I see fit.
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 08:33:11 PM

Right now you could put Mickey Mouse as your name and Disneyland as your address, so long as you don't want to use fiat currencies on weex.  Of course problem comes down the line if they suddenly change their policy and you can't get your BTC out of BitFunder without verifying your ID.  I'd HOPE that if weex ever makes that policy change then BitFunder would provide a means to withdraw without having to use weex - maybe Ukyo can give some reassurance on that.

Definitely.
If it ever comes down that WeExchange must require id verification to deposit or withdraw BTC, then an alternative, beit direct or not, will be made available on BitFunder.
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 08:52:15 PM

It follows AML and KYC requirements.

Please elaborate...

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
Deprived

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 09:07:44 PM

Although, being that he did provide Ian with the list, he actually knew ahead of time, and made the decision to not act on 'inside information' and allowed his shares to be transferred w/o selling them off first.

Not the case.

As an asset issuer on BTC.CO you're automatically sent an email every 12 hours containing a list of email addresses/number of shares for your asset.  You can also obtain that list via API any time you want. 

So there was no need for Ian to inform burnside ahead of time.  Any asset issuer can walk off any time they choose - they just have to lock trading (which an asset issuer can do), get an updated list via API and they're set.
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 09:22:31 PM

It follows AML and KYC requirements.
Please elaborate...

Hey Bob Smiley

Since WeExchange is operating a btc exchange, much like MTGox, etc, and we deal in fiats, we ask users for their information as a responsible business.
This is no different then mtgox or other exchanges that have taken proper care by doing this to help avoid fraud.

Since many people wish to be able to use the account just for handling BTC, that's great! That is the whole idea/hope for btc! Smiley
Currently btc is an unknown item, and its standing as a commodity/currency/status is undetermined. Until/unless it becomes mandatory, or any special circumstances arise, we do not see any reason to require id verification for handling BTC itself.
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 02:01:27 AM

Yes, when Ian contacted me about the migration I do not recall a mention of if he was having a vote or not.
Although, in retrospect I do not think there was ever a real vote to move to btct.co either.
Just some forum posts by a mix shareholders, and non-shareholders at the time. (Granted I am not privy to any emails so I may have missed it there.)

I guess that was setting a precedent ? It seemed users at that time did not necessarily care where/what Ian did, as long as they got their
shares/divs. btct was not the only option at the time, crypto was around as well.

And yes, I can see how having to use his BitFunder account to claim shares that were originally on his exchange could be annoying, but in the end
it really should not matter really. You are buying the shares to be part of the asset, and support the asset, really regardless of where they are. I own
shares of lots of things that are not on BF. Would I be sad if I had to use another site to manage those shares? Depends on if I actively trade there
already or not, but I would be sad to see the asset leave. Would I get grumpy and dump all my shares of that asset because of some imaginary turf
war and possibly hurt the trading value of the asset, and other peoples value over it? Seems childish, emotional and irrational.

Edit: While writing this he made the above post. Apparently it seems his reasons for wanting to dump his shares of bakewell is because he does not want anyone having any kind of information about him. Although once the issue of him needing a WeExchange account is solved, it would become a non-issue I would think ?

Regardless of what exchange my shareholders are on, I will continue to hold them, trade them, earn divs from them, and reinvest into them as I see fit.

Drama aside, yes, it becomes a non-issue if I can get a weexchange account without giving up my personal info.  It sounds like they don't actually use the info so I'll just get creative.

Cheers.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 04:26:25 AM

OK, if I bid 1 BTC and lowest ask is for 0.01 BTC, it should have charged me 0.01 BTC instead of 1 BTC.

This is not how stock markets work. You go for the lowest price that is within bid. Only cost me less than a dollar due to a typo but this needs to be fixed
stochastic

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 05:56:11 AM

OK, if I bid 1 BTC and lowest ask is for 0.01 BTC, it should have charged me 0.01 BTC instead of 1 BTC.

This is not how stock markets work. You go for the lowest price that is within bid. Only cost me less than a dollar due to a typo but this needs to be fixed

What is going on with this?  I have not used BitFunder yet so I don't know.  Often I will purchase a lot of shares and just put my max price.  Will BitFunder just purchase all the shares at the max price I set and the exchange keep the difference from the sell offer?

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 06:22:39 AM

Let me take a look at that. It should not happen that way.
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 07:49:19 AM

Talked to TradeFortress for some details.
Did some testing, so far everything looks correct.

It appears that the price was correct.

Will be keeping an eye on things and will further testing to be sure though. Smiley
Deprived

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 11:38:36 AM

Will be keeping an eye on things and will further testing to be sure though. Smiley

Can confirm that I've previously (intentionally) placed orders at prices above lowest ask and it correctly filled at price of lowest Ask.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 11:41:57 AM

Can confirm that I've previously (intentionally) placed orders at prices above lowest ask and it correctly filled at price of lowest Ask.
Yes, I believe it had happened because even through the shares were selling for 0.003 or something, the lowest ask was 0.03, lol. Someone's pretty happy that they made a 10* return on SDICE!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: