Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:03:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitFunder] Asset Exchange Marketplace + Rewritable Options Trading  (Read 129168 times)
superbit

Activity: 763
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 05:15:59 PM

One suggestion.  It would be nice if I could have multiple orders outstanding on the same bitcoins.  Then auto-cancel the order after one fills.  This provides more liquidity to the exchange as well.

Often times I would like to put a bid in on a couple stocks and would be OK with either one filling.

https://bitfinex.com/?refcode=UInJLQ5KpA <-- leveraged trading of BTCUSD, LTCUSD and LTCBTC (long and short) - 10% discount on fees for the first 30 days with the refcode
My feedback thread: Forum thread

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Deprived

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 05:44:58 PM

One suggestion.  It would be nice if I could have multiple orders outstanding on the same bitcoins.  Then auto-cancel the order after one fills.  This provides more liquidity to the exchange as well.

Often times I would like to put a bid in on a couple stocks and would be OK with either one filling.

They started adding this - I was one of the few accounts given that functionaility for a while (it seemed to work fine but never displayed the correct reserved funds).  But apparently some idiot on irc managed to convince them it doesn't add liquidity so they removed it (with some people it won't add liquidity, with others it will - but for very very few will it remove liquidity, so overall liquidity across all securities DOES increase as a result).  The main increase comes from those trading on multiple sites - who can move more funds in if some orders get filled but don't want to cover every order 100% all the time when most orders only have a small chance of being filled in any given week (many assets there's often days or weeks without any significant trading volume - making it hard to justify leaving funds there backing just an order on that asset).

The lqiudiity it adds could be improved if instead of totally cancelling orders it just scaled the quantities back to match available funds.  This avoidins the situation where I have enough cash for 199 shares, place orders for 100 on each of 2 different securities and when one fills the other gets totally cancelled - which is one of the few situations where it CAN remove liquidity, though only due to bad planning by the person placing orders.

If added back in, it should really be an optional feature - not everyone wants to use it.
superbit

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 05:58:36 PM

They started adding this - I was one of the few accounts given that functionaility for a while (it seemed to work fine but never displayed the correct reserved funds).  But apparently some idiot on irc managed to convince them it doesn't add liquidity so they removed it (with some people it won't add liquidity, with others it will - but for very very few will it remove liquidity, so overall liquidity across all securities DOES increase as a result).  The main increase comes from those trading on multiple sites - who can move more funds in if some orders get filled but don't want to cover every order 100% all the time when most orders only have a small chance of being filled in any given week (many assets there's often days or weeks without any significant trading volume - making it hard to justify leaving funds there backing just an order on that asset).

The lqiudiity it adds could be improved if instead of totally cancelling orders it just scaled the quantities back to match available funds.  This avoidins the situation where I have enough cash for 199 shares, place orders for 100 on each of 2 different securities and when one fills the other gets totally cancelled - which is one of the few situations where it CAN remove liquidity, though only due to bad planning by the person placing orders.

If added back in, it should really be an optional feature - not everyone wants to use it.

I agree that it should definitely be optional as I suppose so people may want one order to fill for sure and have it cancel if another order filled that they otherwise should not have placed.  (though I'd prefer this option over not being able to place multiple orders)

You can't say it doesn't add liquidity when I can close the gap on 2 stocks instead of 1.

https://bitfinex.com/?refcode=UInJLQ5KpA <-- leveraged trading of BTCUSD, LTCUSD and LTCBTC (long and short) - 10% discount on fees for the first 30 days with the refcode
superbit

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 09:28:28 PM

It would be nice if there was a setting for email notifications when orders fill, dividends are paid etc... that you can toggle on and off.

Ukyo (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 09:50:23 PM

It would be nice if there was a setting for email notifications when orders fill, dividends are paid etc... that you can toggle on and off.

Large notification system is in the works. Wink
superbit

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 10:01:01 PM

Large notification system is in the works. Wink

You're the man!  With optional opt in text message notifications for a small fee a month (Idea patented)

romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 12:42:10 AM

would be nice if it can do, stop order
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 12:52:17 AM

would be nice if it can do, stop order

Smiley
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 01:39:20 AM

also average price of an assest that one has bought, should be easy to do and very useful
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 02:56:15 AM

also average price of an assest that one has bought, should be easy to do and very useful

There is a nice analyzer coming soon. Smiley

I have a large large batch of things.
Some are designed and need implemented.
Some are partially implemented, some are partially designed.

But there is a _lot_ going on.

Once the current "big" project for BF is done, you will see more daily updates again.
tulkos

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 12:45:48 AM

I'm having an issue viewing the chart on any of the assets.
After about 10 seconds the scale of the Y2 axis changes to be the same as Y1. It ends up scaling the line graph off the chart area.
For assets with high trade volumes like G.SDICE it also causes the browser to become unresponsive for 20 seconds or so.

Using Firefox 19.0.2

Code:
A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.
Script: https://bitfunder.com/assets/js/highstocks/highstock.js:8

Hope it helps.

Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 02:02:44 AM

After about 10 seconds the scale of the Y2 axis changes to be the same as Y1. It ends up scaling the line graph off the chart area.
For assets with high trade volumes like G.SDICE it also causes the browser to become unresponsive for 20 seconds or so.

Using Firefox 19.0.2

Code:
A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Hope it helps.

So far the only people who seem to have problems are using FireFox and it is hit or miss.
Chrome appears to work just fine.
The issue appears to do with the chart update functionality. I have already started on a work around for it. Smiley

Thanks!
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 04:39:58 AM

Using Firefox 19.0.2

Code:

Hope it helps.
+1
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 08:58:46 AM

For those who have not seen, I updated the chart again earliest this afternoon.

The volume columns are now colored red/green based on if the trade execution was a buy or sell.
The hover-tooltip box also shows BUY/SELL as well as the total trade amount.

Have fun Smiley
zx9r

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 11:22:40 AM

Using Firefox 19.0.2

Code:

Hope it helps.

+1

Both in my laptop and PC, using Firefox.
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 01:50:59 PM

Using Firefox 19.0.2

Code:

Hope it helps.

Same here. Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux i686; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
poly

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Weighted companion cube

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 03:29:37 PM

Do you not test your code on common browsers before deploying?

poly | My Tip Jar
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 04:46:19 PM

Do you not test your code on common browsers before deploying?

I primarily use Chrome which has not seen the problem yet. (At least mine.)
I do also verify things with FF, however I have not seen the error myself.

I was able to duplicate it via someone else, and as I said I have identified the issue and almost done with a replacement update method.

In the mean time, I have disabled auto-updating until it is done. Hopefully this evening or tomorrow.

Thanks Smiley
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2013, 04:37:01 AM

Selling gives produces:

Array ( [response] => success [message] => masterAuth: Athenticated as a master. [command] => masterAuth ) t

So I used quickfill.

Please test with FF too.  Not everybody wants to give their soul to Google.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvwK-3cQ6gE

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 07:09:43 AM

Selling gives produces:

Array ( [response] => success [message] => masterAuth: Athenticated as a master. [command] => masterAuth ) t

So I used quickfill.

Please test with FF too.  Not everybody wants to give their soul to Google.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvwK-3cQ6gE

hehe, yeah, that was part of another system I am working on. Smiley

Has absolutely NOTHING to do with the trading system. just a confirmation msg for authenticating to the notifications system to send out updates. Smiley

An include was merged into the main tree for about 2 minutes that displayed it. Was caught, nothing big. Smiley

Thanks though! Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: