Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 09:47:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitFunder] Asset Exchange Marketplace + Rewritable Options Trading  (Read 129191 times)
Ukyo (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 01:29:20 AM
Last edit: March 12, 2013, 04:52:10 AM by Ukyo

I am pleased to announce that WeExchange and BitFunder have been checked, and no funds are in danger due to the current blockchain fork event.

All new btc deposits will be recognized, but not credited until verified after the blockchain merger.
Also, BTC withdraws are currently suspended as well.

This should hopefully be fixed by the bitcoin devs in a few hours.

Feel free to continue trading on BitFunder knowing the funds are safe. Smiley

Further details on the issue is at: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=152030
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 07:09:41 AM

Party time? Cheesy
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 07:32:26 AM

Party time? Cheesy

Yup. All good. No losses whatsoever.

Withdraws and Deposits online.
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 06:55:17 PM

I can't withdraw from BF currently.
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 08:48:25 PM

You should be fine to withdraw. Smiley
superbit

Activity: 763

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 08:49:57 PM

Site is down for me.  Just a blank white page.

https://bitfinex.com/?refcode=UInJLQ5KpA <-- leveraged trading of BTCUSD, LTCUSD and LTCBTC (long and short) - 10% discount on fees for the first 30 days with the refcode
My feedback thread: Forum thread
superbit

Activity: 763

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 08:57:14 PM

Site is down for me.  Just a blank white page.

Disregard, working again.

https://bitfinex.com/?refcode=UInJLQ5KpA <-- leveraged trading of BTCUSD, LTCUSD and LTCBTC (long and short) - 10% discount on fees for the first 30 days with the refcode
My feedback thread: Forum thread
GeoRW

Activity: 350
Merit: 257

Trust No One

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 05:24:15 AM

I'm having an issue viewing the chart on any of the assets.
After about 10 seconds the scale of the Y2 axis changes to be the same as Y1. It ends up scaling the line graph off the chart area.
For assets with high trade volumes like G.SDICE it also causes the browser to become unresponsive for 20 seconds or so.

Using Firefox 19.0.2

Code:
A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.
Script: https://bitfunder.com/assets/js/highstocks/highstock.js:8

Hope it helps.

+1

Both in my laptop and PC, using Firefox.

+1, chart page with S.DICE loads very slowly and eats 100% of my CPU power for like a minute or so. It's getting worse each day
Deprived

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 05:32:49 AM

I'm having an issue viewing the chart on any of the assets.
After about 10 seconds the scale of the Y2 axis changes to be the same as Y1. It ends up scaling the line graph off the chart area.
For assets with high trade volumes like G.SDICE it also causes the browser to become unresponsive for 20 seconds or so.

Using Firefox 19.0.2

Code:
A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.
Script: https://bitfunder.com/assets/js/highstocks/highstock.js:8

Hope it helps.

+1

Both in my laptop and PC, using Firefox.

+1, chart page with S.DICE loads very slowly and eats 100% of my CPU power for like a minute or so. It's getting worse each day

Can confirm that the graphs are still an absolute nightmare - often locking up for a few seconds on page loads.  Only had one long locku (20 secs+) recently though.

I also notice it delaying on accessing Google analytics at times - not sure why we need google tracking our very movement, but have found that to be a bit of a bottle-neck on some other sites as well.

An option to disable the graphs would be nice - I never use them anyway (I have a memory to remember what's happened in the past - and find transaction lists faster for finding out specific data anyway).  Some profile option to totally disable them would be great.

I deposited some LTC with the intention of market-making on your LTC asset, but with the graphs making pages take so long there's just no way I can set prices in a fast-moving market.
poly

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Weighted companion cube

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 05:35:34 AM

I agree, graphs are still broken for me on Firefox. I think it happens less now, but I still get hangs that prevent me from keeping a tab of it open.

poly | My Tip Jar
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 06:01:57 AM

That is very interesting.

Are you all using firefox?
Would you guys be willing to try chrome to see if it happens there as well?
I wonder if there is a memory management issue with firefox.
I could even make a chart option to limit chart data to X days/months.

The old graph worked just fine for you for loading, right?

And yes, I have a laundry list of profile  options I will be popping up son.
I may go ahead and add a charting option tonight if it is that bad.

Also Deprived,
When accessing the CRYPTO.LTC asset page, does the custom btce graph lag you also?
My original intentions were to upload 100% complete historical btce data.
I was debating against it last night because it would just be so much data.
Also considering just limiting the btce graph to last 3~7 days.
poly

Weighted companion cube

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 06:02:55 AM

I haven't tried it with chrome yet, but the old graph worked fine. It's a javascript hang, maybe differences in garbage collection?

poly | My Tip Jar
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 06:08:53 AM

Have just given this a try on both and they load equally quick for me. Both are latest versions on Windows 7.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
Deprived

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 06:14:29 AM

I wonder if there is a memory management issue with firefox.
I could even make a chart option to limit chart data to X days/months.

The old graph worked just fine for you for loading, right?

And yes, I have a laundry list of profile  options I will be popping up son.
I may go ahead and add a charting option tonight if it is that bad.

Also Deprived,
When accessing the CRYPTO.LTC asset page, does the custom btce graph lag you also?
My original intentions were to upload 100% complete historical btce data.
I was debating against it last night because it would just be so much data.
Also considering just limiting the btce graph to last 3~7 days.

I didn't look at the graphs at all - as I had BTC-E open already.  I just scrolled down to orders area, put some orders in, waited 10 seconds for page to load between each one, then cancelled them as LTC can move a few percent in 10 seconds and the lag was preventing me keeping my BTC-E orders updated.

Just tried Chrome and can confirm there was zero lag of any significance there - so problem does seem to be Firefox related.

Also just tried looking at the BTC-E graph for the LTC asset.  Once the graph has initially loaded it's fine for swapping between tabs.  Problem is that I spend more time loading pages then sitting on them - I go to an asset to do trades.

Unfortunately I can't really swap to Chrome as that has problems with Flash which is used on other websites I tend to have open.  Could keep multiple browsers open at once I guess, but have had problems when doing that before.
poly

Weighted companion cube

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 06:15:36 AM

I think it's very unreasonable to get people to use another browser just for your site.

poly | My Tip Jar
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 06:16:42 AM

I think it's very unreasonable to get people to use another browser just for your site.

I was only asking to test if it was an issue with firefox so I can check into memory leaks regarding firefox and the chart.
Any help is greatly appreciated. Smiley
poly

Weighted companion cube

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 06:17:52 AM

Sorry but I'm not familiar with highcharts :(

poly | My Tip Jar
Deprived

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 06:19:02 AM

I was only asking to test if it was an issue with firefox so I can check into memory leaks regarding firefox and the chart.

Issue doesn't appear to be a memory leak to me - I've had the monitor up during the lag and theres no real increase in memory usage by the process.  Sometimes nothing seems to be happening, but a lot of the time it appears to be waiting for a response from either google analytics or raw.github.
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 06:22:46 AM

Issue doesn't appear to be a memory leak to me - I've had the monitor up during the lag and theres no real increase in memory usage by the process.  Sometimes nothing seems to be happening, but a lot of the time it appears to be waiting for a response from either google analytics or raw.github.

I didn't look at the graphs at all - as I had BTC-E open already.  I just scrolled down to orders area, put some orders in, waited 10 seconds for page to load between each one, then cancelled them as LTC can move a few percent in 10 seconds and the lag was preventing me keeping my BTC-E orders updated.

Just tried Chrome and can confirm there was zero lag of any significance there - so problem does seem to be Firefox related.

Also just tried looking at the BTC-E graph for the LTC asset.  Once the graph has initially loaded it's fine for swapping between tabs.  Problem is that I spend more time loading pages then sitting on them - I go to an asset to do trades.

Unfortunately I can't really swap to Chrome as that has problems with Flash which is used on other websites I tend to have open.  Could keep multiple browsers open at once I guess, but have had problems when doing that before.
[/quote]

Thanks for checking that!

Graph data loading method will change in the next week to be an "after thought" for the page to load.

I don't want to force anyone from their favorite browser and will be working to solve it.
In the meantime I will get a disable option up for you guys.

I was considering removing analytics already. I was just using it to keep visitor stats for dev reasons.
What pages are loaded the most, etc, etc.

I will try to track down the github url purl and replace it with a local. That is probably what is causing the freeze it sounds like.

Thanks again for everything! Smiley
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 06:56:49 AM

I added an option under settings to not display asset graphs.

Give it a shot and tell me if that makes life better on the site for you. Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: