Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:45:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitFunder] Asset Exchange Marketplace + Rewritable Options Trading  (Read 129176 times)
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 05:02:33 AM

I had a discussion on another matter with Ukto on IRC day before yesterday.
He had said that he was going to be travelling someplace yesterday.
Seems like something broke and Ukto doesn't know about it or is not near a computer.
Not much that can be done except wait till he is back.
Well that sucks  Undecided do they only have one IT guy?

"They"? Lol.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Pzi4nk

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Move over clarinets, I'm getting on the band wagon

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 05:06:35 AM

I'm new to BitFunder and because I'm a man I didn't read all the directions before trying to transfer BTC to my account. Only after they failed to appear in my account did I start digging and found I was supposed to use WeExchange. Any idea where those BTC went?
Where did you send the BTCs to? Where did you find that address?

It was the "public address" on my profile.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 05:07:59 AM

I'm new to BitFunder and because I'm a man I didn't read all the directions before trying to transfer BTC to my account. Only after they failed to appear in my account did I start digging and found I was supposed to use WeExchange. Any idea where those BTC went?

That should be your address. You should have control of it.

If you have put someone else's address that you do not have control over, as your public address, then... well..
Pzi4nk

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 05:09:51 AM

That should be your address. You should have control of it.

If you have put someone else's address that you do not have control over, as your public address, then... well..

Well that's comforting at least. But how do I access it? Any ideas?
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 05:11:50 AM

YOU should know how to access it. You entered this address when signing up.
Pzi4nk

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 05:35:19 AM

Ohhhh...got it. Guess I should have checked all my wallets. Thanks.
fluidjax

Activity: 750
Merit: 601

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 12:44:07 PM

Ohhhh...got it. Guess I should have checked all my wallets. Thanks.

Life rarely gets better than the day you accidentally send money to the wrong person, and that wrong person ends up being yourself!  Grin
Deprived

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 03:28:40 AM

Some recent change seems to have changed something so that if you have graphs disabled you can't access any tabs other than the trade one for securities.  e.g. you can't look at trade history, options etc.  It was fine until maybe a week ago - then broke.  If I re-enable graphs then all tabs work - if I disable graphs then it stops working again.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 06:15:14 AM

Some recent change seems to have changed something so that if you have graphs disabled you can't access any tabs other than the trade one for securities.  e.g. you can't look at trade history, options etc.  It was fine until maybe a week ago - then broke.  If I re-enable graphs then all tabs work - if I disable graphs then it stops working again.

It's because the Javascript crashes cause Highcharts (the charting software) isn't defined. Roll Eyes
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 11:30:55 AM

The dashboard button returns a news page???
Deprived

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 02:54:41 AM

Interesting thing with BitPride:

Shares Total   50,000,000
Shares Issued   50,000,052

Seems somehow the number of shares in circulation is rising above the number that actually exist.  Is there some wierd bug where shares are getting created from nothing or duplicated during transfers or something?

If you look at their dividend history it shows number of shares slowly creeping up above 50 million.
Ukyo (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 03:21:04 AM

Interesting thing with BitPride:

Shares Total   50,000,000
Shares Issued   50,000,052

Seems somehow the number of shares in circulation is rising above the number that actually exist.  Is there some wierd bug where shares are getting created from nothing or duplicated during transfers or something?

If you look at their dividend history it shows number of shares slowly creeping up above 50 million.

Ahhh, that was the final thing I needed to track down a display bug.
There was an issue with number displays with multiple accounts using the same btc address.

Everything should be good now. Smiley
niner

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

You are here ---------> but you're not all there.

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 03:23:53 AM
Last edit: May 24, 2013, 03:46:07 AM by niner

I have some Fiat.CAD in my bitfunder account.
When I try to withdraw it back to WeExchange it says "Nothing To Withdraw".
I tried selling them for bitcoin but there is zero volume in the last few weeks.

I sent in support ticket two weeks ago but haven't received a reply.
I've also PM'd Ukyo but he hasn't responded yet.

Any suggestions on how to either convert the CAD into bitcoin or just
withdraw the CAD back to my bank account?

Perhaps the ability to deposit fiat into bitfunder should be disabled
unless you can actually buy something with it.  Wink

hello
Everything is not good now.

Ⓑ Ⓘ Ⓣ Ⓒ Ⓞ Ⓘ Ⓝ 1NMBixVgJyA63MExRuChcxjhKAW1QkvZU4
digital49ers.com   bitcoin.de   Alt Coins: CryptsyVircurex
MikeMark

Activity: 179

Bitcoin: money chosen by the market.

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 01:20:45 PM

It's because the Javascript crashes cause Highcharts (the charting software) isn't defined. Roll Eyes

It looks like this has sort of been mentioned before, but BitFunder crashes Safari on my iPad nearly every time. Whenever I go to view/trade a particular asset, it first hangs while loading, the charts never quite appear and then Safari completely crashes.

While I don't really expect you to make every browser on every device work perfectly with your wonderful web site, could you at least make *mine* work?   Cheesy

Well, anyway, thank you for giving me the option to disable the charts in settings.

The Path of the Just is as the Shining Light...
stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 02:32:09 PM

Some recent change seems to have changed something so that if you have graphs disabled you can't access any tabs other than the trade one for securities.  e.g. you can't look at trade history, options etc.  It was fine until maybe a week ago - then broke.  If I re-enable graphs then all tabs work - if I disable graphs then it stops working again.

It looks like this has sort of been mentioned before, but BitFunder crashes Safari on my iPad nearly every time. Whenever I go to view/trade a particular asset, it first hangs while loading, the charts never quite appear and then Safari completely crashes.

While I don't really expect you to make every browser on every device work perfectly with your wonderful web site, could you at least make *mine* work?   Cheesy

Well, anyway, thank you for giving me the option to disable the charts in settings.

Ditto here on my Android phone.

I would also like the 24hr and 48hr highs and lows to update correctly.

Edit: would be nice to see the option fee displayed in the options panels, as well as the strike price, so you dont have to navigate to 'Transactions'.
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 04:33:40 PM

Hello,

WeExchange had an unusual issue with Bitcoind being connected to peers and not accepting updates.
This basically left it isolated and was not getting new block data or passing withdraws into the network.

Was this an attack? No. It only connects to a set of peers that we specify. The peers were not at fault.
A system was setup to monitor for block desync and correct for it and notify someone.

Has WeExchange been hacked? No
Are all the funds in the hot/cold wallet safe? Yes

The same Bitcoin TXN id's that were given to users at time of withdraw (And is available by clicking the withdraw details button),
which never appeared in the network have now appeared.

I apologize for this interruption, and it will be monitored.

I haven't come across a single person who has had anything positive to say about WeExchange and I've spoken to numerous people who have flat out refused to create an account. It's time to realise that the baby is dead and remove it from you teat. It's just damaging your credibility at this point.
stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 06:58:34 PM

Hello,

WeExchange had an unusual issue with Bitcoind being connected to peers and not accepting updates.
This basically left it isolated and was not getting new block data or passing withdraws into the network.

Was this an attack? No. It only connects to a set of peers that we specify. The peers were not at fault.
A system was setup to monitor for block desync and correct for it and notify someone.

The same Bitcoin TXN id's that were given to users at time of withdraw (And is available by clicking the withdraw details button),

I haven't come across a single person who has had anything positive to say about WeExchange and I've spoken to numerous people who have flat out refused to create an account. It's time to realise that the baby is dead and remove it from you teat. It's just damaging your credibility at this point.

Whats the negative criticism?
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 08:56:10 PM

Hello,

Whats the negative criticism?

Basically the personal details required by WeExchange is mostly what I've heard people complaining about. I've heard a couple of complaints about coins not showing up in accounts and a few about requiring an extra service in the first place. Those who refused to sign up also claimed it was because of the personal details and that the site looked "sketchy" and seemed even "sketchier" when they received generic error messages.
dance4x

Activity: 143

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 09:04:22 PM

There is no reason for Weexchange to be a required funding source by BitFunder. It takes them over 12 hours just to send you an email to verify your account. Their customer support is basically non-existent. This is the main reason I prefer BTC-TC over BitFunder, and I am sure that I am not the only one.
DiabloD3
Legendary

Activity: 1162

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 12:02:28 AM

There is no reason for Weexchange to be a required funding source by BitFunder. It takes them over 12 hours just to send you an email to verify your account. Their customer support is basically non-existent. This is the main reason I prefer BTC-TC over BitFunder, and I am sure that I am not the only one.

I agree on this. Weexchange just makes it harder to use BF, for no added functionality.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: