Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 01:55:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitFunder] Asset Exchange Marketplace + Rewritable Options Trading  (Read 129187 times)
Sou

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

(Bitcoin related text here)

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 11:01:38 AM

Is there anybody not invested in Labcoin that actually believes it's a good idea that they be allowed on BF?

If so, what is your reasoning?
It's Ukyo's call, it's non of your business.

It's between me and the individuals i was addressing - 'anybody not invested in Labcoin'. I value their objective opinions.
Dropthebass

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 12:46:32 PM

Gimme your login credentials and I'll help you  Grin Roll Eyes

I wouldn't suggest it. Smiley

So what would you suggest ? Tor not working, and I don't feel like buying a VPN ( not sure it's gonna work, tried hotspot shield and didn't work ) just for using weexchange.
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 01:29:58 PM

Is there anybody not invested in Labcoin that actually believes it's a good idea that they be allowed on BF?

I am not invested in Labcon, I glanced at it some time back and was never impressed enough to pursue it further. Maybe I missed out on riding the bubble up, but I find it is safer to avoid bubbles entirely.

About them listing on BitFunder: I see no more reason to exclude them than any of the other shady investment schemes. We are all grown ups, just because something is listed on BitFunder does not mean you have to buy it.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2013, 08:40:27 PM

I am not invested in Labcon, I glanced at it some time back and was never impressed enough to pursue it further. Maybe I missed out on riding the bubble up, but I find it is safer to avoid bubbles entirely.

About them listing on BitFunder: I see no more reason to exclude them than any of the other shady investment schemes. We are all grown ups, just because something is listed on BitFunder does not mean you have to buy it.

Nobody claimed we'd be forced buy LABscam simply because BF listed it.  What a silly strawman! Roll Eyes

LAGcoin stole $3 million from clueless amateur investors, and bringing that shitstorm of liability to Bitfunder increases regulatory risk for all other asset issuers/buyers.

Scaring potential/existing BF customers away by listing scams also negatively effects the exchange and its users.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
arousedrhino

Activity: 347
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 03:01:14 AM

True, we all need to make our own decisions and if Labcoin was just starting out having them listed on BitFunder would be just fine. They have however broken clauses in the prospectus and have made announcements with set dates that they have not met and may never meet. Due to them setting deadlines and missing them and violating the shareholder agreement they should not be listed on BitFunder.
bittymitty

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 08:38:27 PM

Did Sam from Labcoin contact Ukyo like he said he would do 2 days ago?  I doubt it....
knybe

Activity: 658

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 08:40:51 PM

WHAT THE FUCK?

nice fucking ambush.

the bitcoin space is full of deceit and flaky bullshit.

Important Notice (October 8th, 2013):

Please be advised that BitFunder is implementing the following rules and procedures:

As of October 8th, 2013, BitFunder will not accept new registrations from any United States persons or entities. All new registrants must supply the information required to obtain "Verified" status on their linked WeExchange account. BitFunder may, in its sole direction, decline to accept any new registrations.

As of October 8th, 2013, all current BitFunder users who are located in the United States or are determined to be United States persons or entities will not be able to enter into any new positions on the Bitfunder website, and, as of November 1, 2013, such users will also not be allowed to sell positions on the BitFunder website.

All current BitFunder users who are not United States persons or entities must supply the information required to obtain "Verified" status on their linked WeExchange account before November 1, 2013. Any such users who fail to provide the necessary information will not be able to enter into or sell positions on the BitFunder website as of November 1, 2013.

Users will be able to withdraw holdings and Bitcoins from their BitFunder accounts before and after November 1, 2013.

All assets and issuers must demonstrate that they meet BitFunder's requirements for the listing of assets, or the assets and issuers will, at BitFunder's sole discretion, be denied access to, or removed from, the site. Issuers will be notified of any additional information needed to demonstrate compliance with BitFunder's requirements.

BitFunder appreciates your understanding in these matters as we move forward.

Sincerely,
BitFunder
Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 08:44:58 PM

The US is just protecting its citizens.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 08:47:35 PM

yes, i am absolutely fucking floored by the news as well.

the BTCspace is in peril.

the greater public doesn't know this yet. it hit reddit twice already though.

but seriously, ?!

Green
N_S

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 08:49:59 PM

the BTC space is in peril.

That's a bit dramatic. I think the bitcoin-based securities space for US residents is in peril. This is hardly a bitcoin issue.
superduh

Activity: 602

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 08:52:51 PM

there's been more regulation and closures due to regulation  in bitcoin environment this year than in the all other years combined. this went from being "unregulated" to regulated quickly

ok
velacreations

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 08:53:12 PM

Bitfunder won't let me sell anything, I just get that message about the US residents.

knybe

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 08:54:43 PM

seriously unethical fucking bullshit.

velacreations

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 08:55:28 PM

The US is just protecting its citizens.
is there any evidence that the US is doing anything to these exchanges?

knybe

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 08:57:07 PM

WOOOOOWWWW didn't see that coming... but then you never do on a long con.

it all makes so much sense now

IT'S BEEN ONE GIANT PONZI SCHEME/SCAM FROM THE BEGINNING!
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 08:59:08 PM

All current BitFunder users who are not United States persons or entities must supply the information required to obtain "Verified" status on their linked WeExchange account before November 1, 2013. Any such users who fail to provide the necessary information will not be able to enter into or sell positions on the BitFunder website as of November 1, 2013.

So, the verification process is done on WeExchange.co, nothing needs to be done on Bitfunder.com, right?

Documents required are the usual? Photo ID and a proof of residence with a utility bill?

And does this make Bitfunder "legit"?

GreenBits
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 09:01:42 PM

the BTC space is in peril.

That's a bit dramatic. I think the bitcoin-based securities space for US residents is in peril. This is hardly a bitcoin issue.

lol, i'll concede that. in retrospect my comment was a bit alarmist. however, do bear in mind the other developments looming (Labcoin, SR). lot of press lately. but they say all publicity is good publicity.
velacreations

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 09:03:17 PM

will you be waiving the fees for the US customers you are forcing to sell at a loss?

Peter Lambert

Activity: 756

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 09:04:53 PM

WHAT THE FUCK?

nice fucking ambush.

the bitcoin space is full of deceit and flaky bullshit.

Important Notice (October 8th, 2013):

Please be advised that BitFunder is implementing the following rules and procedures:

As of October 8th, 2013, BitFunder will not accept new registrations from any United States persons or entities. All new registrants must supply the information required to obtain "Verified" status on their linked WeExchange account. BitFunder may, in its sole direction, decline to accept any new registrations.

As of October 8th, 2013, all current BitFunder users who are located in the United States or are determined to be United States persons or entities will not be able to enter into any new positions on the Bitfunder website, and, as of November 1, 2013, such users will also not be allowed to sell positions on the BitFunder website.

Users will be able to withdraw holdings and Bitcoins from their BitFunder accounts before and after November 1, 2013.

All assets and issuers must demonstrate that they meet BitFunder's requirements for the listing of assets, or the assets and issuers will, at BitFunder's sole discretion, be denied access to, or removed from, the site. Issuers will be notified of any additional information needed to demonstrate compliance with BitFunder's requirements.

BitFunder appreciates your understanding in these matters as we move forward.

Sincerely,
BitFunder

Seriously, why can't important information like that be put in an email to all users?

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
GreenBits
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 09:11:32 PM

exactly. it is unfair for some of us to have access to this information before others. I see the message has come down off the main page. I think this is wise. Market changing news should be disseminated through the proper channels.

Not condemning anybody yet. let's watch this play out.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: