Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 06:32:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitFunder] Asset Exchange Marketplace + Rewritable Options Trading  (Read 129191 times)
knybe

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 09:42:58 PM

Edit: Ukyo not active for a week now, WTF?

I would write that guy off at this point... trust rating through the floor.
thecoinjournal

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2013, 03:20:17 AM

would his own asset be listed on the exchange?  technically, the ukyo.bond would not meet the listing requirement.

Maybe it's OK as long as he only issues the loan to non-US customers?

batt01

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 04:19:46 AM

I have to enable two factor authentication to transfer shares. Can someone explain how to set it up.
What do you do to get the code to enter into the box to enable it. Im feeling kinds dumb here. Huh

timewaster

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 04:39:30 AM

Have a smart phone? Use the Google Authenticator app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.authenticator2&hl=en or https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/google-authenticator/id388497605?mt=8
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 04:47:46 AM

relax.. he told us on irc today that he needs to get the wording right before he posts an update, the legal part of it needs to be perfect and he is working on it.

fran2k

Activity: 784

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2013, 06:45:10 AM

relax.. he told us on irc today that he needs to get the wording right before he posts an update, the legal part of it needs to be perfect and he is working on it.

Tell to the relax to whom got a 50% loss on his portfolio yesterday. Ja!
Fabrizio89

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 06:55:41 AM
Last edit: October 10, 2013, 09:17:13 AM by Fabrizio89

I don't have a driver license :/ How can I get verified on weexchange if I need at least 100 points?  Angry
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 12:03:58 PM

NEOBEE Bitfunder Migration Grace Period

In light of Bitfunder's recent announcements, we are enabling each Bitfunder shareholder ONE free migration to Havelock.

The following limitations apply:
1. You must initiate this migration request before November 1, 2013.
2. Due to a massive amount of requests, your migration might take anywhere from 1-14 days to process.
3. Beginning Nov. 1st, all transfers will go back to having the 1btc service fee.
4. We can make no guarantees that Bitfunder or Havelock will not impose additional limitations on trading in the future.

How to Transfer Shares:
 1. Make the subject of your email: NEOBEE
 2. Push the amount of shares to the issuer account on Bitfunder: NeoBee
 3. Send an e-mail to tat.investments@gmail.com from your account email address registered with Havelock, and also note the address and quantity of shares within the email conent.
 4. Do NOT send your request more than once, and do NOT include other requests, questions or comments.

Transfers will be transfered in batches, and confirmations will ONLY be sent after each batch. Do NOT send emails requesting updates.

NOTE: TAT Investments is not responsible for any lost value, arbitrage, or trading opportunities due to delays in processing transfer requests. TAT Investments is not responsible for any limitations or discontinuations of services or access to liquidity imposed by the host exchanges.
thy

Activity: 685

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 12:48:02 PM

This Bitfunder thing is a total mess.
Ukyo the Bitfunder & Weexchange sites was supposedly getting registered in "respectable" non us country i think you mentioned before, what on earth does us laws(that looks to be the problem here) have to do with Bitfunder and there users.
If the site's .com domain is a problem by all mean change that, but if the Bitfunder and Weexchange both is registered in other country's and the site's owner(s) is not American citizens(Japan and Australia i presume) whats the problem. No gag order that prevents you from communicating whats behind the drastic change at least....

Why will American's be locked out of the site and why does international users on Bitfunder have to get verified (at Weexchange !!??) at a level where it's hard or impossible (at least in that short timespan) to achieve for a large number of the worlds population or do you expect all international(and US) users that miss at least one of driver license/passport/creditcard to get that in the coming 22 days, will Bitfunder pay for those users expenses getting those then...

And what has verification level at Weexchange anything to do with international users(or even usa based users current trading) future trades or not on Bitfunders site ?
If people wanted to trade btc for usd/cad/aud at Weexchange i can somewhat understand that they might need to get some verification level for that, but Weexchage and Bitfunder was supposedly set up like this to prevent any problems for people trading shares at bitfunder.

If this change will force anyone to sell at loss, are Bitfunder going to cover there losses then as this is not the conditions people signed up for as a user of Bitfunder...

Also the Weexchange site dosent send out verification emails, at least thats an issue for some and i saw someone mention they had the same problem with Bitfunder to, fix that !

2FA really should be possible to remove and just have that as default for people that will need to transfer shares to another family member for example and they don't have modern phones that can handle it. if other options than using mobile phones exists and works on Bitfunder you need to make a good explanation on exactly how people should do to make that thing work unless the requirements will be lifted for transfers.

What will happen to the us citizens that can't get verified on Weexchange and those that refuse to sell at underprices caused by this mess, are Bitfunder going to steal there assets(stocks/shares..) ?

What will happen to international users that don't see what has happened before the 1 Nov and can't get verified on Weexchange or refuse to sell shares at underprices caused by this mess, will bitfunder steal there assets(stocks/shares...) to ?

I saw it was mentioned they could still transfer out funds(btc's) after the 1 Nov but what about shares they may never will be able to sell, are people allowed to redeem shares back to the asset issuer after the respective deadline 8 Oct/1 Nov ?

Will redeems of shares work for those that can't be verified after there respective deadline (8 Oct/1 Nov) ?

What about shares that people have left after the deadline, will the asset issuer be able to call back those at a further date and pay the shareholders that can't get verified ?

Will the us/international shareholders still be able to receive dividend after there respective deadline if they can't get verified ?

How on earth did you think this is going to work out for shares that don't have any buyback options in the contract, will Bitfunder buy those people's shares(that has got, will get or may get there shares in a position where they can't sell them) out at fair prices if people want out of them or are Bitfunder just going to confiscate them ?

As it looks now the whole thing looks like a gigantic attempt to steal btc's from users on Bitfunder if things not get fixed, explained and improved soon in a way so that all people have a reasonable way to continue trading as it was before on Bitfunder or at least so there able to access and sell off all there current holdings if they so like.
I presume there will be 100's if not 1000's of lawsuits(..or one big joint lawsuit for all that was effected) from people if this will be the final version of how things is going to work on Bitfunder..

Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 01:00:31 PM

Ukyo the Bitfunder & Weexchange sites was supposedly getting registered in "respectable" non us country i think you mentioned before, what on earth does us laws(that looks to be the problem here) have to do with Bitfunder and there users.

Country of origin doesnt matter, what matters is the markets where these securities are offered:
http://www.sec.gov/rules/interp/33-7516.htm
ffssixtynine

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 01:15:47 PM

Transferring to Havelock is just pushing the problem back a few weeks. They will only have to do the same thing. If you'd can't see that then you have your head in the sand quite frankly. It was quite obvious this would happen back in July and I said as much at the time having looked into the legal situ. Ukyo claimed he shouldn't need to block US citizens but that was never going to hold water.

The only way out is to get out of the shares completely until a legit exchange is online or to have direct shares with someone managing the transfers and paid a fee for doing so. Even then the sec are going to be watching as this isn't legit either, not if US people own shares (so any one entity or person handling shares may need to do KYC or expect legal problems).

Either way, their value isn't going to hold up until this is sorted. Nothing negative about the company, this is about the trading environment. The shares could well step downwards and downwards until the situ is sorted or high dividends are paid (which is some time away).

And yes, it's very annoying.
thy

Activity: 685

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 01:15:55 PM

Country of origin doesnt matter, what matters is the markets where these securities are offered:
well  the usgov don't have jurisdiction to do whatever they like wherever they like in the world even if the usgov seems to think they can, there is international laws to that stand above us laws even that the usgov seems to not give a damn about that most of the time...

ThickAsThieves

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 01:18:22 PM

Transferring to Havelock is just pushing the problem back a few weeks. They will only have to do the same thing. If you'd can't see that then you have your head in the sand quite frankly. It was quite obvious this would happen back in July and I said as much at the time having looked into the legal situ. Ukyo claimed he shouldn't need to block US citizens but that was never going to hold water.

The only way out is to get out of the shares completely until a legit exchange is online or to have direct shares with someone managing the transfers and paid a fee for doing so.

Either way, their value isn't going to hold up until this is sorted. Nothing negative about the company, this is about the trading environment. The shares could well step downwards and downwards until the situ is sorted or high dividends are paid (which is some time away).

And yes, it's very annoying.

All of these possibilities were considered. In the end, we had to make a decision now. Other contingency plans are in the works for the future, but for now we must make do.
ffssixtynine

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 01:18:58 PM

well  the usgov don't have jurisdiction to do whatever they like wherever they like in the world even if the usgov seems to think they can, there is international laws to that stand above us laws even that the usgov seems to not give a damn about that most of the time...

That may be true but the SEC do like to get their way and do have influence across the world. You can scream and shout about how unfair it is but that won't change a damn thing.
ffssixtynine

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 01:19:47 PM

All of these possibilities were considered. In the end, we had to make a decision now. Other contingency plans are in the works for the future, but for now we must make do.

I don't disagree mate. You had no choice.

As I said, it's incredibly annoying. Although thankfully I'm not in the US!
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 01:37:48 PM

What will happen to the us citizens that can't get verified on Weexchange and those that refuse to sell at underprices caused by this mess, are Bitfunder going to steal there assets(stocks/shares..) ?

What will happen to international users that don't see what has happened before the 1 Nov and can't get verified on Weexchange or refuse to sell shares at underprices caused by this mess, will bitfunder steal there assets(stocks/shares...) to ?
Terms and conditions text from Ukyo's site:

Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 01:43:29 PM

well  the usgov don't have jurisdiction to do whatever they like wherever they like in the world

No, but they do have jurisdiction over the US market. Just like a Chinese OEM cant sell RF equipment on the US market if it doesnt comply with FCC regulation, or illegal drugs for that matter, you cant sell securities in the US market that dont comply with SEC regulation. That the purchase happens over the internet doesnt change a thing.  If you dont like SEC requirements (which frankly are for the most part quite sane disclosure requirements that apply to almost any civilized country), sell your securities elsewhere, which is what bitfunder is doing by blocking US investors.
Fabrizio89

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 01:47:12 PM

In light of Bitfunder's recent announcements, we are enabling each Bitfunder shareholder ONE free migration to Havelock.

Thanks for the opportunity.
By "push" you mean I just have to transfer shares to issuer's account on Bitfunder?
ThickAsThieves

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 01:49:08 PM

Thanks for the opportunity.
By "push" you mean I just have to transfer shares to issuer's account on Bitfunder?

Correct.
moribana

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 02:04:37 PM

well  the usgov don't have jurisdiction to do whatever they like wherever they like in the world

No, but they do have jurisdiction over the US market. Just like a Chinese OEM cant sell RF equipment on the US market if it doesn't comply with FCC regulation, or illegal drugs for that matter, you cant sell securities in the US market that don't comply with SEC regulation. That the purchase happens over the internet doesnt change a thing.  If you dont like SEC requirements (which frankly are for the most part quite sane disclosure requirements that apply to almost any civilized country), sell your securities elsewhere, which is what bitfunder is doing by blocking US investors.

I think that the whole story is most likely not about these tiny unimportant exchanges but about bitcoin. The usgvt wants to crack down on everything that they cannot control, and bitcoin must be really annoying for them. Unfortunately the short term solution is to block us customers. In the long run some p2p exchange based on bitcoin technology might be viable.

By the way, I never understood why the usgvt always goes this far to "protect" its citizens from evil. If I go and buy mushrooms in the regular market, I know that it had been checked (by the SEC) and I don't have to worry (yes, I still have to worry!). If I pick them in the woods, I am responsible for that. But outlawing picking mushrooms because there are some irresponsible people, in my opinion, is too strong. And by the way, in the us I am encouraged to own guns to protect myself from my neighbour, the govt does not take responsibility for that...it does not seem to be consistent.

But of course, it is. The usgvt does not protect the interests of us citizens in general, just some us citizens. Those that control the gvt and it is in their best interest to control every important thing in the world through their government.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: