Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:16:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin replaces the money? Could happen?  (Read 85988 times)
lionheart78
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1152

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2016, 07:49:21 PM

I don't think bitcoin can replace fiat  money. Reason is that there are certain things the technology must met in terms of worldwide access / usage before bitcooin replace fiat.  One condition would be,  the internet be able to cover all the world area including rural and remote areas. Government approval on bitcoin as one acknowledged currency.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
abugseuf

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 08:32:10 PM

i do not think that it is possible in the near future, because in present time bitcoin will be hardly use about 1 percent of the population of the world, the rest of the world have no idea about bitcoin then how can they reject fiat for an unknown currency, i think it will take more that 50 years of time may be generation when the new generation will be using bitcoin instead of fiat bitcoin but i can say tha every after 50 years of time the importance and use of fiat currency cannot be ignore..
opossum

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 09:15:54 PM

I think no, but in future everything is possible, maybe someday many countires will accept bitcoin as legal currency and fiat become useless after this.

May be we will see many countries will give bitcoin legal status in future but we cannot expect that each and every person will start using bitcoin, illiterate and poor people will prefer to use fiat currency for sure.

▄▄█████████▄▄
      ▄█████████████████▄
   ▄████▀            ▀████▄
  █████                █████▄
 ███████████████████████████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████        ██████        ████
 ████▄      ██████      ▄████
  ▀████     ██████    ▄████▀
    ▀████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████▀
      ▀▀██████████████▀▀
TIDEX

rajasumi2

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 09:30:48 PM

Now in some places to buy goods directly can use bitcoin, how to conduct transactions directly using bitcoin? Because I place no purchases using bitcoin.

Nowadays has developed, which initially buy goods directly can only be used with the currency and credit cards, and can now use bitcoin although only in some places. Is it possible that the next few years means of exchange for transactions money initially turned into bitcoin?

What do you think about this?
its actually replacing money ..instead of paying u in cash they are paying u in cash ..which is the same thing ..but yes .bitcoins ate not stable ..until and unless it is stable we cant totaly rey on them...kudoos☺

tygeade
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1058

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 09:43:48 PM

Now in some places to buy goods directly can use bitcoin, how to conduct transactions directly using bitcoin? Because I place no purchases using bitcoin.

Nowadays has developed, which initially buy goods directly can only be used with the currency and credit cards, and can now use bitcoin although only in some places. Is it possible that the next few years means of exchange for transactions money initially turned into bitcoin?

its actually replacing money ..instead of paying u in cash they are paying u in cash ..which is the same thing ..but yes .bitcoins ate not stable ..until and unless it is stable we cant totaly rey on them...kudoos☺

Its not replacing money but its an alternate to money as at a moment we need to convert it to fiat and then spend which clearly implies that bitcoin is dependent on paper money.

Arcteryx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

EtherSphere - Social Games

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 10:25:05 PM

I don't think rushing into such change will be a viable option. Especially when it comes to dealing with money. If it did at some point replace the world's currencies then it would be a gradually and not all at once. People tend to test the waters when it comes to something that can cost them in the long run.

........EtherSphere........
.....ICO Starts on 5th August, 4:00 PM UTC.....
.......High ROI Social Ethereum Games
........BENEFITS WHITEPAPER ANN THREAD GITHUB REDDIT TWITTER........

░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████████▀░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▄█████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▀███████████████████▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████████████████▄░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▀░░░
░░░░░░░▄█████████████████▀▀░░░░░
░░░░░▄████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░......................
PacePay

Activity: 672

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 11:55:46 PM

I think it's actually possible when everything's done digitally. When every transaction of every penny is done through bitcoin and nothing else. Every fiat has to be converted into bitcoin and bitcoin will surely have a stable value. It's too far fetched as of today though to confirm that this will happen in the future. If we try to convert all fiat money into bitcoin today, people will just do a protest as the majority of people don't even know what bitcoin is.

Yeah bitcoin is still not too popular in many corners of the world and people will prefer to use fiat as they are used to it and they are using it since long time.

bitcoin will be used in every corner of the world in the near future but still people will like to use fiat as there are some local shopkeepers who are uneducated and who are the important parts of the local markets and they only prefer fiat.
cambda

Activity: 759
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 12:38:25 AM

I think it's actually possible when everything's done digitally. When every transaction of every penny is done through bitcoin and nothing else. Every fiat has to be converted into bitcoin and bitcoin will surely have a stable value. It's too far fetched as of today though to confirm that this will happen in the future. If we try to convert all fiat money into bitcoin today, people will just do a protest as the majority of people don't even know what bitcoin is.

Yeah bitcoin is still not too popular in many corners of the world and people will prefer to use fiat as they are used to it and they are using it since long time.

bitcoin will be used in every corner of the world in the near future but still people will like to use fiat as there are some local shopkeepers who are uneducated and who are the important parts of the local markets and they only prefer fiat.

Exactly that is the major issue as people from poor countries will always prefer to use fiat as they won't be aware about the technology aspects and fiat will always exist even if bitcoin hits the mainstream.
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 08:29:55 AM

I don't think rushing into such change will be a viable option. Especially when it comes to dealing with money. If it did at some point replace the world's currencies then it would be a gradually and not all at once. People tend to test the waters when it comes to something that can cost them in the long run.

It is not something which people or governments can do. It is something which could happen on its own, if people lose faith in the currencies issued by governments.
elyas772

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 02:58:17 AM

Bitcoin replaces the money? Could happen?
i think bitcoin can replace the pisychal money if 100% of the world have smartphone and use digital system in his daily activity, but this is seem imposible.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
23dzmaz

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 05:08:10 AM

Maybe someday bitcoin could happen replaces the money, but for the next 5-10 years, i don't think bitcoin replaces the money. Maybe 20-50 years later.
groll

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 05:33:09 AM

Yes I agree with you.  Bitcoin is not yet popular to other people as a money.  Even our father or mother and grandparents would have never heard of about the bitcoin.  In the future maybe as everything now is possible through technology.  It would be more safe and comfortable having bitcoin as our money.
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1175

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 06:08:24 AM

Maybe someday bitcoin could happen replaces the money, but for the next 5-10 years, i don't think bitcoin replaces the money. Maybe 20-50 years later.

Money will always exist, it won't just vanish just because bitcoin exist... There should be a big reason behind if government would scrap its money and go on with this digital money... I think it would take many  years, more than 50 or even 100 years.. We should consider that the world is not uniform, some part of it are late in technology and some are advance. Some wants to go digital and some wants to stick to their traditional money...  Smiley
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 06:35:17 AM

I doubt the possiblity of that in the nearest future because of the issue surrounding it one of which include the factor of government law backing it as a legal tender another is the issue of stability and regulation, another major one is the population of acceptance currently compared to the rest of the world who are yet to exposed to Bitcoin... My opinion though...
Ryananda (OP)

Activity: 812

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 07:18:05 AM

Yes I agree with you.  Bitcoin is not yet popular to other people as a money.  Even our father or mother and grandparents would have never heard of about the bitcoin.  In the future maybe as everything now is possible through technology.  It would be more safe and comfortable having bitcoin as our money.

Indeed bitcoin is still new and still need a good development in order to have a stable price. But it will not make bitcoin replace the money. Money will continue to get the heart in the community and money is legal tender and can be done directly. While bitcoin is growing bitcoin crypto although later it is only crypto.
umaOuma

Activity: 938

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 07:23:50 AM

Indeed bitcoin is still new and still need a good development in order to have a stable price. But it will not make bitcoin replace the money. Money will continue to get the heart in the community and money is legal tender and can be done directly. While bitcoin is growing bitcoin crypto although later it is only crypto.

We will see many users getting into bitcoins in future but that doesn't mean they will stop using fiat currency as its a basic necessity of everyone and people will prefer to use both.
groll

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 07:28:16 AM

Yes and it is only good to places where there an easy access of computers.  Besides it is still not popular to everyone.  People who are older than us or people who live in secluded areas would have a hard time to use this bitcoin as money.  And like what you have said, it is only a crypto.
sirohige

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 04:36:31 PM

This could happen, bitcoin can replace real money. because of technological advances is increasingly growing, many people take a short time to act. included in the payments and send money. first money for gold and other metals, there is now a form of paper money, there is also a form of debit card and credit card.

diegz

Activity: 798

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 05:18:51 PM

This could happen, bitcoin can replace real money. because of technological advances is increasingly growing, many people take a short time to act. included in the payments and send money. first money for gold and other metals, there is now a form of paper money, there is also a form of debit card and credit card.

Even in the advancement of technology today, money will still be money, even after years, it will still be there, it is the legal tender that the government issued and accepted, so they will still exist, except if governments would to think to switch to bitcoin instead of their fiat, which is very unlikely to happen and if it happen, for sure it will not be in totality, there will always be a place on earth that money will still exist.

Maesters1-

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 05:33:14 PM

again, it does not need tor eplace fiat money to be successful, why people always see all black or white

it can perfectly work in conjuction with it and be vastly adopted

Yes bitcoin does not need to replace fiats to get it's own future. Along with fiats there are big possibilities to become more successful in terms of value and user base, like people use fiats for some purpose and bitcoin for some other purpose like online transactions or as investments. 

Yes both dollars and bitcoin will exist and will serve the human beings with their own features.
People may argue that bitcoin has all the features of fiat currencies. Then what is the need for fiats. But all the people in this world does not have knowledge on Internet and crypto-currencies.

Yes, as long as all the people have knowledge on Internet and using of online currencies, there would be room for bitcoin and dollars to exist and to serve.
Because unlike dollars, all the common people cannot use bitcoin suddenly. It requires at least one day of studying or guidelines about bitcoin system.
yes that is right i have so many friend they are so much inspired by bitcoin that hey are now requesting me to teach them how to deal with bitcoin and how to invest their fiat money in bitcoin , similarly people are now getting awareness and hope that very soon the majority of the people will start using bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: