Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:12:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 141 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Yet another analyst :)  (Read 269523 times)
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 01:12:02 PM

Litecoin clearly topped on the 20th, and has been crashing. In fact, all the alt coins seem to have followed the same script. I think this is important - it means the speculative juices have maxxed out on those markets. Bitcoin is bigger and taking longer, but I fail to see why it won't eventually follow suit.

Another interesting thing that I've noticed is this tendency for people to claim that "bitcoin does well when bad things happen in the world". This same argument has been used for gold. And yet, so far, the charts tell the opposite story: bitcoin does well when stocks and general financial speculation are high (such as the high in 2011, which perfectly matched the high in the US small caps/large caps ratio), and goes down when speculative fever does. So far when the economy worsens, people want cash, and not gold or bitcoins.

Things could change for sure, but I'm just pointing out the hard, cold evidence thus far doesn't match the kinds of fundamental arguments I'm hearing based on past market activity. They sure sound good and logical on paper though, I won't argue with that

Litecoin is not that kind of indicator, since it's main purpose is to buy bitcoin. Litecoin cannot be stable unless bitcoin is stable. Also, litecoin value is highly manipulated by its whales.
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 01:17:00 PM

Litecoin clearly topped on the 20th, and has been crashing. In fact, all the alt coins seem to have followed the same script. I think this is important - it means the speculative juices have maxxed out on those markets. Bitcoin is bigger and taking longer, but I fail to see why it won't eventually follow suit.

Another interesting thing that I've noticed is this tendency for people to claim that "bitcoin does well when bad things happen in the world". This same argument has been used for gold. And yet, so far, the charts tell the opposite story: bitcoin does well when stocks and general financial speculation are high (such as the high in 2011, which perfectly matched the high in the US small caps/large caps ratio), and goes down when speculative fever does. So far when the economy worsens, people want cash, and not gold or bitcoins.

Things could change for sure, but I'm just pointing out the hard, cold evidence thus far doesn't match the kinds of fundamental arguments I'm hearing based on past market activity. They sure sound good and logical on paper though, I won't argue with that

You can't buy shit with Litecoin or any altcoin.
Bitcoin actually has an economy based around it (albeit, still somewhat fledgling).

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
siulynot
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 01:21:16 PM

You can't buy shit with Litecoin or any altcoin.
Bitcoin actually has an economy based around it (albeit, still somewhat fledgling).

An economy around it??? I thought bitcoins where used to sit on them until your ass hurt or until you are rich...
humanitee

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 01:35:43 PM

An economy around it??? I thought bitcoins where used to sit on them until your ass hurt or until you are rich...

Fortunately the black market alone will find many uses for Bitcoin, even if the white market for some reason fails.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
BINANCE
─────── LAB

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
siulynot
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 01:40:14 PM

Fortunately the black market alone will find many uses for Bitcoin, even if the white market for some reason fails.

I wonder if the crack dealer in my hometown knows what bitcoin is... :/
BitPirate

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 01:40:28 PM

I disagree. When BTC is looking temporarily weak, speculators will turn to LTC, and vice versa. LTC is performing poorly because there are too many gains to be had in BTC right now, not due to overall speculator appetite.

humanitee

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 01:43:31 PM

I wonder if the crack dealer in my hometown knows what bitcoin is... :/

"You wanna buy some crack?"

"No I want to tell you about Bitcoin."

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
BINANCE
─────── LAB

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
BrightAnarchist
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 853

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 03:03:04 PM

Bubble bobble?

http://venturebeat.com/2013/03/21/crazy-or-crazy-smart-canadian-man-puts-grandparents-house-up-for-sale-for-bitcoins/

A 22-year-old currency trader is selling his grandparents’ house for as many Bitcoins as he can get his hands on.
Taylor More put the listing up for the family home (pictured above) in Alberta, Canada, several days ago. He told me that the property is worth about $395,000, according to a realtor appraisal.
lucif (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Clown prophet

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 03:13:22 PM

Typical ponzi couch-investor. As rule, they used to stay without property and money at the end. Goof - its a fate.

Bubble bobble?

http://venturebeat.com/2013/03/21/crazy-or-crazy-smart-canadian-man-puts-grandparents-house-up-for-sale-for-bitcoins/

A 22-year-old currency trader is selling his grandparents’ house for as many Bitcoins as he can get his hands on.
Taylor More put the listing up for the family home (pictured above) in Alberta, Canada, several days ago. He told me that the property is worth about $395,000, according to a realtor appraisal.
myself
Legendary

Activity: 938

chaos is fun...…damental :)

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 03:14:55 PM

A 22-year-old currency trader
so he traded for 3 years max no ?

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
siulynot
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 03:42:58 PM

Bubble bobble?

Top Top TOP!

Troplolol!
lucif (OP)

Clown prophet

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 10:49:45 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2013, 11:15:06 AM by lucif

Pinpoint accuracy  Grin Lets see whats next. If bulls still in act ($47.89 should not be broken), futher upside could surprise even super-optimists.

lucif (OP)

Clown prophet

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 11:56:49 AM

Wave [3] must not be shortest wave in impulse hehe Grin Basic EW rules.
flipperfish

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

Dolphie Selfie

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 12:03:03 PM

Wave [3] must not be shortest wave in impulse hehe Grin Basic EW rules.

What I always wanted to know about this rule: Which distance metric is applied? Is it only time, only price or euclidean distance of both?
lucif (OP)

Clown prophet

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 12:07:21 PM

It is measured by the absolute price distance.
flipperfish

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

Dolphie Selfie

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 12:18:43 PM

Thanks, so Wave [3] should be pretty bullish then, no?  Grin
thefiniteidea

Activity: 509
Merit: 564

"In Us We Trust"

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 12:21:56 PM

Correct.

I would imagine we'd hit $100... probably by early next month.
herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2013, 12:51:44 PM

well i started programming long before i was 18  Wink

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
lucif (OP)

Clown prophet

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 02:16:14 PM

I was mostly in dissonance with wave 3 off 9.77 low learning price behavior. I hope i got resonance with price now.
myself
Legendary

Activity: 938

chaos is fun...…damental :)

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 04:27:20 PM

well i started programming long before i was 18  Wink
u cant trade currencies before you are 18

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 141 »
  Print  

Jump to: