Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:34:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... 280 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ħ [HODL] No Staking, 1% Standard Interest per Day, 750% APR For HOdlers  (Read 472773 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
gregofdoom
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 03:17:59 PM

I installed a wallet 2.0, but it shows me 0 connections.
Actually show 92885 blocks.
Do I have to delete all of the appdata addition wallet.dat and resync ?

Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fittsy

Activity: 441
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2016, 03:33:53 PM

What do you mean? HOdlcoin IS unique (term deposits is one of those unique things for example), if you don't like the way HOdl is headed please give us your idea for what would make it better or leave this thread.

Term deposits. So this is the only POS coin? Wink

POS and term deposits are really similar, are they not?

Uuuuhmmmm... no? Either the term deposits or block interests got similarities.
Youre on the wrong track man  Kiss

You're right POS is better because we stake coins and get coins back immediately.

TD locks up our coins and you can't even mine coins.

LOl LOl LOl - worthless HOdl

MinerParts - 8 GPU Riserless motherboard with Intel 3855 CPU - 1600w fully modular power supply
Best quality PCIe Powered Risers Shop on Amazon - Shop on eBay - or ship direct at MinerParts.com <- best for international or crypto purchases
fittsy

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2016, 03:36:09 PM

I also stated that but people told me move along if i dont like it. So sorry for them cause they dont see what will happen.

I am not bagholder. I have 1250 coins that are not in deposit and mined 4 block that will mature to 3300 coins next year. Cause of that i stopped solo mine and YES i will move from this coin.

Thanks Denis, you're exactly the non-hodling miner we're trying to get rid of. It's nothing personal, I'm sure you're a good guy and you've got your objectives and needs for mining. You're just not the kind of HOdling miner the coin needs right now.

And that's fine, the only thing that confuses me is why non-hodling miners keep coming back to tell us that they are not here anymore as if that's a problem. We were trying to get rid of miners who need liquidity for dumping - I thought that was clear.

This arrogance is exactly why this coin is dead.

You have a worthless coin. You can't scare off anyone. You need every single person who is interested in this coin to hope that this coin has a future. 

Instead you want to scare off a portion of your miners and worse the pools. The pools would help you get the word out. (How do you think i found HOdl?)

Your arrogance and ignorance is stunning.

MinerParts - 8 GPU Riserless motherboard with Intel 3855 CPU - 1600w fully modular power supply
Best quality PCIe Powered Risers Shop on Amazon - Shop on eBay - or ship direct at MinerParts.com <- best for international or crypto purchases
dntm

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 04:14:24 PM

And that's fine, the only thing that confuses me is why non-hodling miners keep coming back to tell us that they are not here anymore as if that's a problem. We were trying to get rid of miners who need liquidity for dumping - I thought that was clear.

Maybe I can help with some of your confusion. We keep coming back to the forum because we had high hopes for this coin. You seem to miss the fact that mining cost money, and thus requires a return. You should not be trying to get rid of "miners who need liquidity". Everyone needs liquidity. You should take slow, methodical steps to reduce dumping and create incentive to HOdl, and maybe get a fair vote in the process. Also, the fact that we are no longer mining is a problem for the coin. Less interest = less miners = less secure = less volume = low price = DEAD ("I though that was clear"). I am also certain your arrogance and continuous childish attitude is not encouraging for new onlookers to start mining HOdlcoin. Better luck in the future.

PS. If you are curious, I too have shut down my wallet.

DNTM
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 04:38:31 PM

You seem to miss the fact that mining cost money, and thus requires a return.

Indeed - 50 HOdled coins per block is the return. That's attractive to miner HOdlers, unattractive to miner DUMPers.

Also, the fact that we are no longer mining is a problem for the coin. Less interest = less miners = less secure = less volume = low price = DEAD ("I though that was clear").

There's a balance to be reached between network security and the amount of value leaking out through strip mining. I'm not saying we have the balance exactly right yet, but we're much closer than before.

If you're not a HOdler, I'm not sad to hear that you're gone. This coin only need miner hodlers for now. It's nothing personal, supply pressure was just too great and strip miners are surplus to requirements.

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
dntm

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 07:18:48 PM

You seem to miss the fact that mining cost money, and thus requires a return.

Indeed - 50 HOdled coins per block is the return. That's attractive to miner HOdlers, unattractive to miner DUMPers.

Also, the fact that we are no longer mining is a problem for the coin. Less interest = less miners = less secure = less volume = low price = DEAD ("I though that was clear").

There's a balance to be reached between network security and the amount of value leaking out through strip mining. I'm not saying we have the balance exactly right yet, but we're much closer than before.

If you're not a HOdler, I'm not sad to hear that you're gone. This coin only need miner hodlers for now. It's nothing personal, supply pressure was just too great and strip miners are surplus to requirements.

Although not the biggest fish, I certainly was a HOdler. http://imgur.com/a/QC5D3 Originally, 50 coins were great. It was enough to Hodl some and trade some. Let's not just breeze past that point though. That "trade some" is a vital key. That is what pays bills, gets publicity, allows third parties to be built off coins, and keeps the coin on the market. I believe you're already seeing that payment one year later is not getting developer attention- rightfully so. Sadly there was a rash decision to mandate every miner spend their coins how a very small few wanted them to and we are all feeling the painful result. I truly hope the coin regains interest somehow, but I we can't keep pouring time and money into something so.... unpredictable.

DNTM
midnight_miner

Activity: 652
Merit: 500

We only want the FACTS!

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2016, 07:33:01 PM

I may have a suggestion that will play to both miners and the spirit of HODL coin.

If I created a mining pool that kept the block payout and in return gave the option to take a percentage of 'unlocked' HODL and the option to claim a portion of the 'locked' HODL from the minted block.

This solves both issues:
  • The miner gets an imediate return
  • HODL ecosystem continues to build long term future value

If miners are interested, I could develop this idea further.

NOTE: I won't promise near parity payouts as this type of immediate payout means I carry ALL the risk of the future liquidity of the coin.
wisebc

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 08:05:27 PM

I may have a suggestion that will play to both miners and the spirit of HODL coin.

If I created a mining pool that kept the block payout and in return gave the option to take a percentage of 'unlocked' HODL and the option to claim a portion of the 'locked' HODL from the minted block.

This solves both issues:
  • The miner gets an imediate return
  • HODL ecosystem continues to build long term future value

If miners are interested, I could develop this idea further.

NOTE: I won't promise near parity payouts as this type of immediate payout means I carry ALL the risk of the future liquidity of the coin.

Someone likely has put this forward but: 

Structure a pool such that once you accrue 50 HOdl in shares, your payment address goes into a queue to be 'paid.'  When your address comes up in the queue, the next block mined is directed at your payment address and you receive a block payment which reduces your balance with the pool by 50HOdl.  That is auto-hodled because that's the way things are.  Rinse, repeat.  The queue would build each time a miner account reached 50HOdl, so of course the bigger miners are going to have more places in line than the individual, but everyone still gets paid in 'turn.'  The pool itself still takes its percentage, and each time they reach the 50 HOdl mark with that percentage they get in line just like everyone else, and get paid with an auto-hodled block.  This does not address what the pool owners are supposed to do about their costs while they wait around a year to be "paid" but what can you do.

DenisZabar

Activity: 614
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2016, 09:32:58 PM

I also stated that but people told me move along if i dont like it. So sorry for them cause they dont see what will happen.

I am not bagholder. I have 1250 coins that are not in deposit and mined 4 block that will mature to 3300 coins next year. Cause of that i stopped solo mine and YES i will move from this coin.

Thanks Denis, you're exactly the non-hodling miner we're trying to get rid of. It's nothing personal, I'm sure you're a good guy and you've got your objectives and needs for mining. You're just not the kind of HOdling miner the coin needs right now.

Very god said and i agree with that but...

Even if i had 100 cpu to mine 5000,10000 or even more HODL per day i would not dump cause price is low.

Dump is god if buy support(real buy support) is present.

Lets say if i mine 30k hodl in 4 months. Meanwhile price is up to 32000 satoshi cause there is a some people who hear about this coin and they think it is god to buy cause unique system.

I cant or anyone else sell cause i am locked till summer 2017.

There will be massive dump after locked period and for that i am sure.

Maybe this solution is god for now but what will happen next year? Massive dump for 30 satoshi per coin? Maybe this mass dump is god cause every person who want to buy will buy cause low price.

Anyway, hard fork is here and i believe that developer wont change that so how about to add option to mine some other coin and get reward in HODL ?

That will rise price and liquidity for now.

And trust me for this i am in crypto world since august 2012 and i saw how many god coins was dead cause changing rules after launch or lack developer prediction of user behavior.

No hard feelings and dont mean to anyone offend  Smiley

Regards

DenisZabar

Activity: 614
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2016, 09:40:49 PM

This arrogance is exactly why this coin is dead.

You have a worthless coin. You can't scare off anyone. You need every single person who is interested in this coin to hope that this coin has a future. 

Instead you want to scare off a portion of your miners and worse the pools. The pools would help you get the word out. (How do you think i found HOdl?)

Your arrogance and ignorance is stunning.

I agree with you but you dont need to offend anyone. Lets try to find better solution for everyone.

There is nothing god or bad if people move along who dont agree with developer.

Most important thing is what will developer do that after lock period people wold not dump?

That i didnt read here and that is most important thing.

Regards

Tastiger

Activity: 61

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 12:28:15 AM

My 2 cents worth, but what if something like 25 locked and 25 unlocked was done? Some will choose to hodl all anyway and still. Those that choose will have some trade ability now.
A sort of compromise.

T.
00HasH

Activity: 473

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2016, 12:42:30 AM

What do you mean? HOdlcoin IS unique (term deposits is one of those unique things for example), if you don't like the way HOdl is headed please give us your idea for what would make it better or leave this thread.

Term deposits. So this is the only POS coin? Wink

POS and term deposits are really similar, are they not?

Uuuuhmmmm... no? Either the term deposits or block interests got similarities.
Youre on the wrong track man  Kiss

You're right POS is better because we stake coins and get coins back immediately.

TD locks up our coins and you can't even mine coins.

LOl LOl LOl - worthless HOdl

And PoS is better than the block interests?
Having a wallet running 24/7 is better than a wallet you just need to open and re-arrange the blocks every 30th day?

Man.. get some insights before you start fudding. Because now you just made your fud even more useless  Kiss

Go HOdl! This adventure has just begun Wink

midnight_miner

Activity: 652

We only want the FACTS!

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2016, 01:09:43 AM

YObit for the last few days I am getting this message on Withdrawal:

Withdrawal for such currency is temporary off.

Anyone else experiencing this?
fittsy

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2016, 02:37:28 AM

YOBIT is horrible.

They don't realize that Gmail uses periods in email addresses and literally won't let you signup with an email that includes a period.

niksdt101

Activity: 803
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 05:05:30 AM

YOBIT is horrible.

They don't realize that Gmail uses periods in email addresses and literally won't let you signup with an email that includes a period.

the same as u said it. as  for now c-cex is better than yobit!!! also what about poloniex ? have you tried it??
Suh

Activity: 146

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2016, 11:41:37 AM

Has anyone contacted alcurex.com about relisting the coin?  Their new site has been gaining popularity and their support is top notch.

Join CFinex, buy some shares in the project and earn income!
https://cfinex.com/
Fishmaster42

Activity: 803
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 09:36:34 PM

YOBIT is horrible.

the same as u said it. as  for now c-cex is better than yobit!!! also what about poloniex ? have you tried it??
Yobit is trash even Dev's that have paid to update the premium bullshit. they just collect the money and do nothing. 
Fuzzbawls

Activity: 750

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 09:44:27 PM

Pallas has provided a patch to the wallet miner that should give 10% to 20% improvements in hashrate.

https://github.com/HOdlcoin/HOdlcoin/pull/69

I think some users preferred to use pool and third party miners partially to get better performance - this should go some way to bridging the difference.

Please try it out if you're compiling your own miner and report on the improvement you're seeing. I'd like to get it merged asap.

Thanks Pallas!

Hmm, the branch might be more useful for testing than the pull req - here it is -

https://github.com/pallas1/HOdlcoin

The internal miner improvements that pallas submitted have been integrated into the main repository now. Self-compilers can pull the changes and test them at their leisure. Official release builds won't include the updates until the next release version however.
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 08:02:11 AM

Yes, I strongly recommend not trading on Yobit. They left deposits open after the fork, and they may have taken deposits on the wrong branch. They haven't re-opened deposits/withdrawals, even though they are on the right branch now. That's suspicious and may indicate that they don't have enough HODL to cover their deposits. I've removed them from the ANN.

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
wisebc

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 02:53:51 PM

Pallas has provided a patch to the wallet miner that should give 10% to 20% improvements in hashrate.

https://github.com/HOdlcoin/HOdlcoin/pull/69

I think some users preferred to use pool and third party miners partially to get better performance - this should go some way to bridging the difference.

Please try it out if you're compiling your own miner and report on the improvement you're seeing. I'd like to get it merged asap.

Thanks Pallas!

Hmm, the branch might be more useful for testing than the pull req - here it is -

https://github.com/pallas1/HOdlcoin

The internal miner improvements that pallas submitted have been integrated into the main repository now. Self-compilers can pull the changes and test them at their leisure. Official release builds won't include the updates until the next release version however.

no binaries available yet then?

Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... 280 »
  Print  

Jump to: