Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:50:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] -NEW BURST OP- MINE ANY FREE SPACE-(HDD MINING)- ATs, AE, P2P MARKET+MORE!  (Read 346475 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Propagandalf

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 08:43:22 PM

...However, using your GPU-assisted miner I occasionally get the message "Error: Failed to submit nonce to pool: null"...

which pool?

It happens sometimes but the deadline is submitted nevertheless as far as I checked. False Error you could call it.

This is true.  I noticed this before as well not that you mention it.  If you have one submitted after the error I wouldn't worry about it as that DL should be better then the previous.

What miner did you say you were using?

I am on burst.ninja., using daWallet's web wallet 2.0  Smiley I only have 2 TB and I use about 55 secs to read through, so I will just stick with CPU-assisted miner to be safe.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lenore

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 06:34:18 AM

Is something wrong with the block explorer?

Nothing is loading.   All the general stuff is but the network diff isnt displaying and no information under any of the assets are being displayed.

Just me?

RichBC

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 07:33:47 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2016, 08:15:51 AM by RichBC

Hi everyone, looking for an alternative to Bitcoin and trying Burst. Still going up the learning curve but have things running with a small 500GB plot. Lot's of questions but will keep searching for answers at the moment as I am learning a lot....

One question though  Smiley almost certain to be an obvious answer but.. I am on ninja and I see the Blocks being found but how do you know which individual or Pool found / has previously found the Blocks?

Rich

EDIT. Ok I think I have worked out the who found the block question. Problem was my small screen everything was very compressed & overlapping in the middle , now that I have looked on a bigger display I can see the who found the Blocks data and if they are on Ninja  or somewhere else.

So another question. If you find a block on Ninja or any other Pool is there a special reward or do you just get your share?

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
pinballdude

Activity: 286

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 08:45:03 AM

Hi everyone, looking for an alternative to Bitcoin and trying Burst. Still going up the learning curve but have things running with a small 500GB plot. Lot's of questions but will keep searching for answers at the moment as I am learning a lot....

One question though  Smiley almost certain to be an obvious answer but.. I am on ninja and I see the Blocks being found but how do you know which individual or Pool found / has previously found the Blocks?

Rich

EDIT. Ok I think I have worked out the who found the block question. Problem was my small screen everything was very compressed & overlapping in the middle , now that I have looked on a bigger display I can see the who found the Blocks data and if they are on Ninja  or somewhere else.

So another question. If you find a block on Ninja or any other Pool is there a special reward or do you just get your share?

You can see to the left on ninja what share you get. The finder ususally get quite a large share, as the finder's deadline is usually quite a lot better than the next best one - so you get a relatively big payout if you find a block, on ninja. I haven't crunched the numbers, but on the surface it looks like a reasonably fair way to do it.
RichBC

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 10:05:50 AM

You can see to the left on ninja what share you get. The finder ususally get quite a large share, as the finder's deadline is usually quite a lot better than the next best one - so you get a relatively big payout if you find a block, on ninja. I haven't crunched the numbers, but on the surface it looks like a reasonably fair way to do it.

Thank you understood, couple more questions.

So the only pools I have had a look at / mined on are ninja and burst.poolto.be. ninja shows 491 miners (Always shows 491 so not sure this is right?) and with a quick scan of the Forged by data it looks like about 1/3 Blocks are found on this Pool? Is that about right / implies there are around 1500 people mining Burst, or am I missing something?

poolto.be shows 501 Miners but with their display I have yet to work out how many Blocks they are winning, is the data there somewhere?

Any thoughts on / relative merits of these Pools or others would be useful, although I am just getting another PC / plot up and running so I can have a look around / play.

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
haitch

Activity: 539

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 12:19:59 PM

Thank you understood, couple more questions.

So the only pools I have had a look at / mined on are ninja and burst.poolto.be. ninja shows 491 miners (Always shows 491 so not sure this is right?) and with a quick scan of the Forged by data it looks like about 1/3 Blocks are found on this Pool? Is that about right / implies there are around 1500 people mining Burst, or am I missing something?

poolto.be shows 501 Miners but with their display I have yet to work out how many Blocks they are winning, is the data there somewhere?

Any thoughts on / relative merits of these Pools or others would be useful, although I am just getting another PC / plot up and running so I can have a look around / play.

Rich

The 491 miners are the people that have their reward assignment set to the Ninja Pool, the number of active miners is the "Miners Responded" value in the center column - currently around 105. Thats the number of miners who found a deadline that could be submitted to the pool. There may be more with small plots who didn't find a deadline under the minimum deadline.

H.

███        ███    ███
   ███      ███    ███
    ███    ███    ███
     ███  ███    ███
█████████████████████████
        ███    ███
       ███    ███
      ███    ███
IRELINE

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

Largest Fund worldwide for distributed application makers   
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

wireline.io  -  facebook.com/wirelineio  -  @wirelineio

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

ICO
  September 1
RichBC

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 12:30:14 PM

The 491 miners are the people that have their reward assignment set to the Ninja Pool, the number of active miners is the "Miners Responded" value in the center column - currently around 105. Thats the number of miners who found a deadline that could be submitted to the pool. There may be more with small plots who didn't find a deadline under the minimum deadline.

H.

Ok that explains why the 491 seemed fixed. So is there an estimate of the number of people mining Burst? and  is there any info on the number & size of Pools. Have been a bit spoilt by the data available for Bitcoin, but learning quickly. Gotta say that ignoring making or loosing money this is a lot more fun and no impact on the electricity bill as I run several PC's 24/7 and extra Hard Drive capacity will always be useful.  Smiley

Rich

Lenore

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 05:09:05 PM

So no one else is having an issue with the block explorer?

block.burstcoin.info

Displaying no information on transactions.

Vin
Legendary

Activity: 1166
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 05:32:43 PM

block.burstcoin.info

Same problem here.
Irontiga

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 05:34:43 AM

block.burstcoin.info

Same problem here.

Wallet issues, vps got suspended for some reason which corrupted the Burst DB. It's resyncing atm.
crowetic (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 07:19:37 AM

block.burstcoin.info

Same problem here.

Wallet issues, vps got suspended for some reason which corrupted the Burst DB. It's resyncing atm.

Why don't we move this over to a better host? We've got a whole crapload of options between haitch and myself, no reason to be running on a vps that could be 'suspended'. That's... kinda silly.

On another note, I'm sorry for the delay in the payouts for ByteEnt, I've gotten about 8 hours of sleep so far this week O_o. I guess you could say, "Time flies when you're having fun..." or "Time flies when business is growing", either way! Good things though!

But anyway... Payouts will happen soon... *glances in tiga's direction in hopes he'll bug me tomorrow and take my focus off whatever I'm doing for 20 min and remind me to get payout cash together.* lol.

But either way, it is going to happen, even if I end up doing it myself, seems to have gone alright last month xD.

I will have updates on some of the other things I've got in the works, and the issuance of my new asset as well, and for those of you who have yet to read the pre-release papers, here's that link...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/12o7gnqFWqnJFb1mPNDTwgdsCqoxavkdvJx3hF7LvCXo/edit?usp=sharing

Please feel free to comment. Thanks!

I think I will modify it very shortly and put the dates into a more solid setting. (Yes, that's my not-sleeping-much-watching-a-movie-at-the-moment way of saying I think I'll put a release date to it, or at the very least, think of one, and modify numbers if need be, you know, get prepared!)

So, a question...

What do you all think of me using a service to help promote the release of either my asset or various other projects? Something we should give a shot or is it a waste of money?

Another...

If I were to offer a US based contractor position (yes, as in a job) that was commission based (with great commission) how many of you would be interested? Or is this a ridiculous place to offer something like this? What if I were to add the stipulation that I would either devote a certain amount of the commissions to buying BURST or assets, and/or making more assets or projects?

(The commission here would be very long term, and a great percentage. Something that will definitely require a bit of effort, but would be greatly rewarding, for a long period of time afterwards.)

Thanks for taking the time to answer!

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
crowetic (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 07:34:05 AM

I've been following Burst since 2014, but always had trouble understanding it with Linux and multiple drives.
I have a main SSD OS drive I don't want to mine on, then a platter 2TB HD(going to add more)
I have a 4770K for the processor and 750Ti for the GPU.  What is the best method you think of going about all this?
I assume I should pool mine?  How long does it take to make a 2TB Plot on CPU vs GPU.
What about 50TB?

My suggestion is to check out my video in my signature and on the main OP, it will explain how to use the GUI for Windows.

This is BY FAR the easiest way to get started mining BURST, thanks to daWallet, our awesome developer of that project!

This, is in my opinion, what has made BURST something that anyone can do now, when, as you say, it may not have been that straightforward at first. The reason for this, I think, is that it is not the same as any other coin... But, this is also what makes it so great! It's unique! It's amazing!

So yea, definitely give the GUI a shot, the link was made when the initial version was released, but the installation process shouldn't be any different, and though the sound on the video sucks, it should still be relatively identical to the way things are done in the new version.

I will soon make new tutorials on how to use all of the easy to use components available in the network now. I will be posting links in my cloud for those, and giving out more free accounts for my beta release. (which also includes the BURST web wallet integrated, but not the fancy password manager that is in the GUI, which I love! and use all the time!) But I think at some point I will talk with daWallet and see about getting the entire GUI put into my cloud.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
pinballdude

Activity: 286

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 10:35:55 AM

I'm mining solo with the original java wallet and miner.

How easy would it be to point one of the rigs to mine at your pool? Would it work with the original miner and just some simple changes to the setup?
each computer has one full java wallet running, and a lot of java miners, each mining their own plots directory.

or perhaps it's only possible to point all of the rigs to the pool, i guess the reward redirection is at blockchain level, or?
haitch

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 12:16:57 PM

I'm mining solo with the original java wallet and miner.

How easy would it be to point one of the rigs to mine at your pool? Would it work with the original miner and just some simple changes to the setup?
each computer has one full java wallet running, and a lot of java miners, each mining their own plots directory.

or perhaps it's only possible to point all of the rigs to the pool, i guess the reward redirection is at blockchain level, or?

You'd have to point all your rigs to the pool.
Going to the pool would mean you can get rid of all the local wallets, can use the pool wallet or another online one.
Moving to Blago's or Luxe's miner (assuming Windows) would allow you to run one miner per rig.

H.

███        ███    ███
   ███      ███    ███
    ███    ███    ███
     ███  ███    ███
        ███    ███
       ███    ███
      ███    ███
IRELINE

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

ICO
  September 1
vaxman

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 12:23:46 PM

exactly, the reward assignment is on the blockchain and continuing to mine against your local wallet will
mince blocks, but you won't get the reward since the pool doesn't see your deadlines.
So it is all or nothing. Or you replot some of your space with a new ID, and use that for poolmining.
Preferably with a single miner instance.

Is having multiple miner instances on a pool still a problem ?
(each miner instance will report it's own deadline, so the may come in 90,110,50,70,55, triggering a pool-specific
 penalty mechanism for overloading the computation on the pool server)
haitch

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 03:00:59 PM

(each miner instance will report it's own deadline, so the may come in 90,110,50,70,55, triggering a pool-specific

Depends on the pool - some penalize, others, including/only (?) Ninja, don't.

H.

███        ███    ███
   ███      ███    ███
    ███    ███    ███
     ███  ███    ███
        ███    ███
       ███    ███
      ███    ███
IRELINE

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

ICO
  September 1
Blago

Activity: 416

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 03:17:47 PM

October 23, 2014  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=731923.msg9304835#msg9304835

Relax, I’m russian!...
BURST-B2LU-SGCZ-NYVS-HZEPK
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 03:57:38 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2016, 05:39:27 PM by CIYAM

Guys - after the fuck up with the marketing stuff previously perhaps look at trying to get an article about AT ACCT published via this: http://cointelegraph.com/news/cointelegraph-aspiring-authors-and-bloggers

Also please give @vbcs your support - I have provided him with a new design for AT ACCT that will kick ass but he isn't feeling very loved at the moment (so the work just isn't happening).

You should also keep in mind that Qora is your partner in AT and that the two projects should be trying to help each other (not trying to create any controversy - people can decide which platform they prefer - but if people work together it will benefit all of the platforms).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
Lenore

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 05:30:52 PM

block.burstcoin.info

Same problem here.

Ahh ok that would explain it.   Was just making sure there wasnt a major issue.

Thank you for letting us know.   Ill wait for it to all come back up.

crowetic (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 07:36:14 PM

Guys - after the fuck up with the marketing stuff previously perhaps look at trying to get an article about AT ACCT published via this: http://cointelegraph.com/news/cointelegraph-aspiring-authors-and-bloggers

Also please give @vbcs your support - I have provided him with a new design for AT ACCT that will kick ass but he isn't feeling very loved at the moment (so the work just isn't happening).

You should also keep in mind that Qora is your partner in AT and that the two projects should be trying to help each other (not trying to create any controversy - people can decide which platform they prefer - but if people work together it will benefit all of the platforms).

Hey Man, good to see you around! Absolutely, I'll see what I can do about writing something to them (unless anyone has an objection to be doing so? I feel I'm a fairly decent writer...)

I fully agree with you that working together will benefit everyone, and I'm always an advocate for it. Thank you for your tireless work! If you post a few donation addresses, I can give you some BURST, and pretty soon, some BTC, and I can also give you some of my ByteEnt asset that pays monthly, so you can get a partial salary of sorts for everything you're doing for BURST! (and others, namely QORA)

Wonder if I could go into QORA thread and get some people interested in coming to our community as well, and vice-versa. I very much enjoy a good partnership/team.

Once again, good seeing you, and hope to see ya more often!

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: