Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:35:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bryan Micon's Butterfly Labs Scammer Investigation including Josh Zerlan  (Read 100028 times)
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 01:49:14 PM

Case on:
Chip Temperature: 59.2oC (as reported by BFGMiner)
Ambient Temperature: 32.7oC
Case Temperature: 49.4oC
Noise Level: 87dB

Case Off:
Chip Temperature: 37.6oC (as reported by BFGMiner)
Ambient Temperature: 30.9oC
Case Temperature: N/A
Noise Level: 36dB

So much casewin. Somebody should forward this to the buttcoin people, they have a raging hardon for good casemods.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 04:09:59 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2013, 04:46:01 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

Well, he started a pretty long thread about pirate here a year ago:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=94900

Kinda funny reading through that thread now and reading the posts defending pirate. Might be a good reference for those still holding out hope that BFL will deliver their ASIC miner.

Sure, nobody's saying Micon hasn't been fighting the good fight, he's for instance called out Patrick Harnett first, MP closed the deal on that one. I called out Pirate and Vandroyi closed the deal on that one. I hope I'm not offending anyone in particular if I say a bunch of people called out BFL over the many, many months that scam's been gouging noobs.

With all due respect toward Bryan, he was not the first to express concerns about BFL, though he did provide a powerful voice. I wasn't even the first, but I was the first to make the Laissez Faire City and MyWebSpawner lottery connection to Sonny Vleisides, even providing a link of at least one HYIP that went bust with its investors pointing the finger his way. It wasn't V-Money, but now I need to look into that.
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 04:45:34 PM

With all due respect toward Bryan, he was not the first to express concerns about BFL, though he did provide a powerful voice. I wasn't even the first, but I was the first to make the Laissez Faire City and MyWebSpawner lottery connect to Sonny Vleisides, even providing a link of at least one HYIP that went bust with its investors pointing the finger his way. It wasn't V-Money, but now I need to look into that.

True, but the spastic, spittle-spraying rage into which Micon routinely throws the pathetic Josh Zerlan is certainly evidence he's hurting them.

Of course, you've done a lot of catching up in that regard recently.   Grin
MooC Tals

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 08:41:20 PM

Well, he started a pretty long thread about pirate here a year ago:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=94900

Kinda funny reading through that thread now and reading the posts defending pirate. Might be a good reference for those still holding out hope that BFL will deliver their ASIC miner.

Sure, nobody's saying Micon hasn't been fighting the good fight, he's for instance called out Patrick Harnett first, MP closed the deal on that one. I called out Pirate and Vandroyi closed the deal on that one. I hope I'm not offending anyone in particular if I say a bunch of people called out BFL over the many, many months that scam's been gouging noobs.

With all due respect toward Bryan, he was not the first to express concerns about BFL, though he did provide a powerful voice. I wasn't even the first, but I was the first to make the Laissez Faire City and MyWebSpawner lottery connection to Sonny Vleisides, even providing a link of at least one HYIP that went bust with its investors pointing the finger his way. It wasn't V-Money, but now I need to look into that.

I have to admit I did read what you have posted about Faire and it was difficult to follow for me not knowing about much of the connections between Sonny and his past. However I did read the fucken thing and I do see the connections and i for one am a believer but the ordinary idiot that just follows the advertising links (like I did) are just suckered in and will never know this or understand it.

I don't condone violence but if there was a time for it I believe the right people should be targeted. How do they just walk away from crap like this with out any repercussions? Who do they need to piss off before vigilance is acted on?

I guess no one fucking cares.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 02:50:22 AM

I don't condone violence but if there was a time for it I believe the right people should be targeted. How do they just walk away from crap like this with out any repercussions? Who do they need to piss off before vigilance is acted on?

I guess no one fucking cares.

This last paranthesis also explains why crime fightin’ is never a “the people” affair, in case you’re curious. It’s not some sort of evil conspiracy to keep “the citizens” (”the people” call themselves that when unsure of their footing) from exercising “justice”. It’s just that practically, left to their own devices, “the people” couldn’t care less.

What shall we do ?!

From Stage n: Bitcoin exists.

'Tis a problem.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 06:52:21 AM

I don't condone violence but if there was a time for it I believe the right people should be targeted. How do they just walk away from crap like this with out any repercussions?

Simple.  They target the kind of people for their scams who don't get violent.

Who do they need to piss off before vigilance is acted on?

People who actually would get violent.
yolo2222

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 08:53:55 AM

I don't condone violence but if there was a time for it I believe the right people should be targeted. How do they just walk away from crap like this with out any repercussions?

Simple.  They target the kind of people for their scams who don't get violent.

Who do they need to piss off before vigilance is acted on?

People who actually would get violent.

Micon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2013, 07:34:16 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2013, 07:58:44 AM by Micon

Looks like Zerlan sold shares for a BFL minirig [I know, meta-fail] at .7 btc and bought all back just now at .026 claiming everyone made a huge 100%+ profit and should be super-happy.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=89902.0

srsly cannot believe this is a real human.  

IPO share price is going to be .7 BTC per share, although I am taking some limited orders for pre-IPO at .6 per share at the moment.  Preference for pre-IPO shares will be given to current BFLS share holders if there's more demand than available shares.

I have paid out the final payment for BFLS shares, everyone should have received .026 BTC per share.

BFLS and it's derivative are now closed permanently.  Server, I'm sorry if this upsets you, but it really is the best thing for everyone going forward and nets a tidy profit for everyone who held shares.  Each $600 units worth of shares has paid back $759.2 + whatever it's earned over it's lifetime, which is not an insignificant amount and is > 100% profit on the investment.  I think that's pretty good for a little over a year, personally.

WTF, Inaba. We have paid you Bitcoin, not USD. We buy bitcoin earning machines from you, but not a USD debt notes. How can you end the contract without the consensus of the other side. We are supposed to have ASIC mining machines to mine bitcoin for us.

I am going to write the SEC official a letter complaining about this. You have issued the securities without registration and now you have scammed the security holders.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
Micon (OP)
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2013, 07:44:02 AM

IMO please consolidate BFL scam-info here in this 1 thread.  Let's do it all.

-- FCC
-- BBB info
-- How to get refund info
-- Sonny / Zerlan / all other principals info
-- State of Kansas consumer protection whatnots
-- any class action lawsuits [I mean there isn't a lawyer here looking for the 30% headshot on that? they may still have $!]

Spreading it around in many threads both obfuscates the info and pisses off forum members that don't care about BFL or are sick of hearing about it.  Wanna kill them?  burn this thread up with info and I'll promise to attention-whore this shit out of it and get it in Ars Technica / NPR / TheVerge / Forbes all publications I've been quoted in this year

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=136392.0

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
Micon (OP)
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2013, 07:51:38 AM

I just bumped all the front-page scam accusation threads to ask for consolidation.  The fact that Theymos continues to accept ad revenue from BFL when the people have clearly spoken shows his true colors to me.  He must know it's extremely irresponsible to display those ads to new users.  He knows he is taking a small amount of coins to generate a larger take for BFL.  He participated in the Pirate scheme (cashed out early) and IMO is clearly motivated specifically by money.  Quite sad.  This community is more important than money IMO.

The people have spoken Theymos.  IMO we need a large voice to ask not to take BFL ads anymore.  Let's cut the head off the beast and watch it die.  It's already cancer-ridden, but faster is better than slower.

Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 01:00:12 PM

Now that BFL is clearly denying customer cancellation requests before their order ships they appear to be in pretty clear violation of the mail order rule which is quoted on BFL's own website.

You can attention whore this all day long to the media with some facts and actual regulations they appear to be violating.

According to the BFL website they operate under the FTC mail order rule.  Also according to the BFL website the customer must agree to a two month or more wait for shipment of their order.

I think it would be fair to argue that 2 months or more would not count as a definitive delivery date under the mail order rule, and thus should be considered an indefinite delay.

There does not appear to be a logical or legal reason why they feel these two provisions of the mail order rule they quote on the website don't apply to them.

When You Must Cancel an Order

You must cancel an order and provide a prompt refund when:
•the customer exercises any option to cancel before you ship the merchandise;

•a statement that, if the customer agrees to the indefinite delay, the customer may cancel the order any time until you ship.

http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bus02-business-guide-mail-and-telephone-order-merchandise-rule

Please note that asking a customer to give up their rights as a consumer does not actually force the consumer into giving up their rights (even if they agree to it).

Next, the canned response from BFL has been that "all sales is final" and customer agreed to it so no refunds will be issued. This however does not relieve them of issuing refunds when customers request one as a sale has not taken place until both parties have fulfilled their obligations (ie customer has paid and seller has shipped).  Until  both are met the two parties have a agreement on an order no sale has taken place and thus "All sales are final" can not come into play before the product ships.

Lastly they have also claimed that since full production has started they have used the pre-order money for parts and thus can not give refunds.  It should be noted that no where do the FTC mention (nor do they care about) "starting production" as any type of a milestone regarding order cancellation.  The only things the FTC cares about is when was the product paid for, when was shipping promised and when/if the product has shipped END OF STORY.

becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 01:25:14 PM

According to the BFL website they operate under the FTC mail order rule.  Also according to the BFL website the customer must agree to a two month or more wait for shipment of their order.
Two years is in line with "two months or more" wait for shipment.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 01:37:38 PM

Two years is in line with "two months or more" wait for shipment.

Agreed, which is why I argued that they have required the customer to agree to an "indefinite delay".

Was there a point you had I missed?
Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 10:38:58 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=89902.msg3060264#msg3060264

Quote from: Inaba
I have paid out the final payment for BFLS shares, everyone should have received .026 BTC per share.

BFLS and it's derivative are now closed permanently.  Server, I'm sorry if this upsets you, but it really is the best thing for everyone going forward and nets a tidy profit for everyone who held shares.  Each $600 units worth of shares has paid back $759.2 + whatever it's earned over it's lifetime, which is not an insignificant amount and is > 100% profit on the investment.  I think that's pretty good for a little over a year, personally.

I'm not into the prophecy thing.
But that looks like a decent omen to back up PG probation ending previsions. Smiley

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
Bitcoin Scammer

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 01:48:58 AM

BFL = GARBAGE SCAM 

TERRa TRASH = GARBAGE SCAM

hmm Now what makes me say this?  Is it because they have the bait to prove little units can be shipped to get the bigger orders? 

PFFF Face it they never had the money to support their plan, now they have the money and those who bought into this trash now have to wait until the company comes up with another bait and switch.

DON'T GET SCAMMED, CHECK FIRST = Bitcoinscammers.com
m3sSh3aD

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 11:13:20 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=89902.msg3060264#msg3060264

Quote from: Inaba

BFLS and it's derivative are now closed permanently.  Server, I'm sorry if this upsets you, but it really is the best thing for everyone going forward and nets a tidy profit for everyone who held shares.  Each $600 units worth of shares has paid back $759.2 + whatever it's earned over it's lifetime, which is not an insignificant amount and is > 100% profit on the investment.  I think that's pretty good for a little over a year, personally.

I'm not into the prophecy thing.
But that looks like a decent omen to back up PG probation ending previsions. Smiley

I think im going be a lucky one. UK post as my order as 'adviced' which means its en route. BFL as used all the tricks in the book. They know how the system works and they know how long they can bait and switch. They hope monarch would be another but people have realised there game which is a ponzi scheme at the end of the day and they've made A LOT! INABA been josh just proves he a low life silver spooned advertising jerk with no moral compass that would rob his own family no doubt!

Live and learn people, Chaos is at our door step but realise there is more opportunity in a crisis and thats what were seeing now. I tell you all, The system is about to collapse and you better position yourself well! The far east see it and the middle east. Hell, Even most of europe & africa! It's time to be strong and wake up and make your voice heard! Im sorry to say any action made against these would not get anywhere as the monarch as turned into a classic 'cut & run' which is a classic advertising trick to. Offer what you can't possibly deliver, Deliver little of what you promised and run! Sound familiar!

Time to wake up people... Sacred geometry & Unified Lines! It's not the first time we've been lied to and it wont be the last! Good people of this planet need to rise in which ever way you can! Or they may just get what they want if we don't!

This is my advice to you! Look at the bigger picture..... BFL did! There not stupid, There crooks! And crooks are not stupid! There selfish!

Peace to you all and Good luck
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 01:07:39 AM
Last edit: September 06, 2013, 05:28:47 AM by goxed

Why is the FTC or KS AG office not going after BFL? BFL and its key people either have great contacts or have been extremely lucky.

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 03:08:13 PM

Why is the FTC or KS AG office not going after BFL? BFL and its key people either have great contacts or have been extremely lucky.
Because there's no actual case against BFL.
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 09:32:41 PM

Because FTC and KS AG office are government agencies. Their first goal is to protect the government, i.e the existing monetary monopoly. Letting crooks like BFL operate unpunished in the Bitcoin ecosystem is a smart way of compromising the idea behind Bitcoin.
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 07:01:28 PM

Wahhhhh...why won't mommy and daddy government do something to protect me from my own stupid decisions?..wahhhh!

I'm grumpy!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: