Bitcoin Forum
November 23, 2017, 09:53:37 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bryan Micon's Butterfly Labs Scammer Investigation including Josh Zerlan  (Read 99306 times)
Kelticfox

Activity: 535

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 10:12:43 AM

And the lack of evidence and proof continues. No bet. No evidence . No proof... Guess we know what your claims are worth foxy! Man up and admit you lied and we can move on.

I know I will never see my 1 BTC you promised me (you being a liar and all)... So I will tell you how I know you are lying from the get go... We don't have the chips yet... How can we have thermal expansion issues or know power problems without chips? Idiot. This is why everyone knows you are a liar.

*yawn*

1. So you're stating BFL_Jonathon did not state your chip issues in IRC?

2. Are you stating that anyone in the #Butterflylabs room on Freenode, in which Jonathon (who is op'd and enforced) stated the power issues, are colluding together to smear BFL?

3. Are you stating that there aren't any outstanding RMA's from November?

4. Are you stating that your customers on your own forum are lying in regards to issues with their existing devices and RMA requests?

I don't know enough about chip manufacturing to state if the issues are correct or untrue.
What I can state accurately is that BFL_Jonathon, a BFL customer representative (aka member of staff) who is op'd and enforced, came into the #butterflylabs room located on Freenode and stated issues with the chips.
Your own forum and my personal experience states that your RMA queue is at least backlogged to November.

This cannot be denied. I strongly suspect that it will be denied (or more accurately, simply avoided).

Whatever you say I'm done. You're boring me now...

Veni, Vidi, Cidere, Prenda In Gen, Interlitum Verlgo Stipes, Dissiptum.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Join ICO Now A blockchain platform for effective freelancing
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 02:12:11 PM

And the lack of evidence and proof continues. No bet. No evidence . No proof... Guess we know what your claims are worth foxy! Man up and admit you lied and we can move on.

I know I will never see my 1 BTC you promised me (you being a liar and all)... So I will tell you how I know you are lying from the get go... We don't have the chips yet... How can we have thermal expansion issues or know power problems without chips? Idiot. This is why everyone knows you are a liar.

*yawn*

1. So you're stating BFL_Jonathon did not state your chip issues in IRC?

2. Are you stating that anyone in the #Butterflylabs room on Freenode, in which Jonathon (who is op'd and enforced) stated the power issues, are colluding together to smear BFL?

3. Are you stating that there aren't any outstanding RMA's from November?

4. Are you stating that your customers on your own forum are lying in regards to issues with their existing devices and RMA requests?

I don't know enough about chip manufacturing to state if the issues are correct or untrue.
What I can state accurately is that BFL_Jonathon, a BFL customer representative (aka member of staff) who is op'd and enforced, came into the #butterflylabs room located on Freenode and stated issues with the chips.
Your own forum and my personal experience states that your RMA queue is at least backlogged to November.

This cannot be denied. I strongly suspect that it will be denied (or more accurately, simply avoided).

Whatever you say I'm done. You're boring me now...

So let me see if I can sum up your lies in one tidy little bundle here:

1.  You make a claim that is obviously false.
2. I call you on it.
3. You claim to have proof.
4. I offer to bet that you don't.
5. You agree.
6. You fail to honor the bet.
7. I go ahead and prove you wrong anyway.
8. You make a claim that is obviously false...

We are back at step 1.

You are a real piece of work, KF.  Lets look at your claims one by one.

1. BFL has no official presense in IRC.  I don't know if Jonathon is in IRC or not, but he is not there as a representative of BFL.  What he stated or what he did not state, I have no knowledge of.  You claimed you had proof of what he stated, yet you have failed completely and utterly to provide said proof.  This leads me to believe you are lying, otherwise you would have produced said proof long ago (and gained 1 BTC in the process).

2. I don't know what goes on in #Butterflylabs nor do I care.  It's not our channel and I don't give one slim fart about IRC.

3. I don't know, there may be a couple for various reasons, but most RMAs are handled within 24 - 48 hours of arrival in our office.  We have virtually no "backlog" of RMAs.

4. What you are even referring to?  Do you read the things you write?  Is it just random strings of characters you put together and hope they make sense? 

So... you don't know enough about chip manufacturing to state if the issues are correct or true?  Really?  Here, let me quote you:

Apparently they're also now having thermal expansion detach bumps (like Nvidia in 2008).

So why are you making a statement when you have absolutely no idea what it even means?  Oh, that's right... you lied.

Let's see what else we've got:

They've pre-sold more then 60,000 monarchs which have missed their power targets by about 70% and the bullet run is expected to now be late march.

60k monarchs huh?  That would be pretty awesome... you do realize that 60,000 Monarchs would be over 288 MILLION DOLLARS right?  Anyone with even a tiny bit of common sense would realize what a ridiculous figure that is.  But, you don't let fact, truth and honesty get in the way of your claims, right?  Make whatever wild claims sound good, doesn't matter if it's true!

Missed our power targets by 70%... that's pretty specific, especially since we don't have a chip to test with.  How does that work again?  You even admit that we don't have a chip in the false claim that the bullet run is delayed until March (it's not)... so if you really believed it was delayed until march, how could you make the 70% claim?  Oh that's right... you were lying.  Again.

In the meantime, their RMA queue is huge (with the RMA email address refusing emails) with the amount of people who's devices have engines which have just died.

Is it?  How do you know this?  The RMA queue is not huge, nor is it large, excessive or even moderately flabby.  It's about where you'd expect for shipping 50k units.  In fact, it's smaller... to date we've had less than 1500 RMAs.  3% failure rate, and a fair portion of those are actually PSU issues, not hardware issues, but be that as it may, a 3% failure rate is perfectly acceptable in this industry and is actually considered fairly good.  So... another lie.  No large RMA queue here. How you would even know the size of the queue is a mystery, but again, there's no need for you to let honesty and truth get in the way of your claims.

Yes KelticFox, lie after lie after lie.  You really should get better at lying and pick things that aren't so easy to disprove with simple logic.  I know simple logic escapes you, just like basic arithmetic, but seriously here's a piece of advice.  Think before you post.  You just look like a bigger idiot every time you press that post button.  You started out with piss poor math and have graduated to outright lying... when there are a number of suitable things to gripe about BFL, it's mind boggling that you find the need to make things up.  Do you feel threatened?  Is that why you are lashing out in such a juvenile fashion?  Perhaps you should seek counseling for you problem.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Kouye

Activity: 336

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 03:13:30 PM

In the meantime, Josh still owes ~500BTC for a lost bet he still has to honor.
http://www.bitcoindf.org/

EDIT : BTW, you should probably send an email to have http://www.songsoflove.org/sponsors/ edited.
As they did not acknowledge your donationSad

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
chanson

Activity: 76

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 03:36:41 PM

3. I don't know, there may be a couple for various reasons, but most RMAs are handled within 24 - 48 hours of arrival in our office.  We have virtually no "backlog" of RMAs.

Josh, you are a lying, deceptive sack of fetid horse shit. You are saying that when RMA devices arrive at BFL the turn around is 24-48 hours. You are not saying that you respond to RMA requests withing 24-48 hours. Do you want a prize for being dense?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=136392.msg4013080#msg4013080

Congrats on your recent abortion of a new RMA-request hoop that is completely broken. It goes something like this:

BFL via sticky in chatbox: Hey! Everybody forget about any rma's you've been trying to get and go fill out some new RMA-request form we threw together without testing on your account page

Everyone: *le click* wtf --- BFL says I can't RMA because I don't have a "competed order"Huh!?? WTF ...? OH, I get it you're so incompetent that the miner that's on my desk is still listed as in "Production" two months after it was delivered.

BFL: Made you click you fuckers! Tongue

Just give me the god damn device I ordered or refund the upgrade, you piece of shit fucker. I am not paying to ship anything back to you.
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 02:44:18 AM

No one who is not an idiot should place a bet with the known welsher and thief Inaba/Josh Zerlan, and nobody who is not an idiot should place an "order" with BFL.

Just in case anyone forgets:

I am offering up a guarantee of 1000 BTC to charity (I will take suggestions on which charity to donate this to) if BFL does not meet it's power claims within 10% - meaning if BFL's power consumption is more than 66w for a Single SC, we lose the "bet."

That's exactly the welshing I was talking about.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 2450

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:49:24 AM

Here's another 1000 btc bet Inaba didn't pay:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=92268.msg1217403#msg1217403

At the odds of 500:1 that are in effect for this bet I will win 1000 BTC if I am correct (power efficiency is less 350 Mhash/Joule), and lose 2 BTC if I am incorrect (power efficiency is greater than or equal to 350 Mhash/Joule).

Buy & Hold
darkmule
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 03:21:03 AM

Josh Zerlan, a.k.a. Inaba, is a worthless liar, a welsher, and a thief on basically every level.  I doubt this worm has ever done anything honorable in his life.

This really makes him the perfect representative for BFL, the scummiest, most dishonorable corporation ever to do business in Bitcoin.
Bitcoin Scammer

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2013, 09:12:05 PM

I'll back this statement

Josh Zerlan, a.k.a. Inaba, is a worthless liar, a welsher, and a thief on basically every level.  I doubt this worm has ever done anything honorable in his life.

This really makes him the perfect representative for BFL, the scummiest, most dishonorable corporation ever to do business in Bitcoin.

DON'T GET SCAMMED, CHECK FIRST = Bitcoinscammers.com
LittleD

Activity: 560

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 12:47:43 AM

Heres BFL_Josh trusted feedback link. Please give him a Trusted feedback  Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=63314

Also Here's Inaba trusted feedback link. Please give him a Trusted feedback as-well Smiley Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=8198

Fallow me on Twitter @littledaddy272 ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=11253 ~ StayFocus!
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 02:56:08 AM

Still waiting on my 1 BTC from KelticFox... what a surprise he didn't pay up.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Kelticfox

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 10:15:34 AM

I'll put this in simple words you'll understand as comprehension seems to be a problem for you...

The statements were made. They were made by a member of Butterfly Labs staff (who was auth'd and enforced) in a public chat room.
If they are true or not is not my problem.

If they are true then you're a liar and you're trying to cover your arse (possible based on previous BFL statements which you made).
If they are not true then you're inept at your job as Chief Operations Officer (?) because you can't control your staff. I'd seriously be questioning why he said those things. Especially in a public room, official or unofficial...

The RMA issues: Very nicely worded (and clever) response! "...but most RMAs are handled within 24 - 48 hours of arrival in our office.  We have virtually no "backlog" of RMAs.".
Shame there is a 33 day wait on authorisation for the RMA!

As per the 1BTC I 'owe you'... I didn't see your BTC held in escrow by John.K as per your agreement. Thus I don't 'owe you' anything.

... You escrow it, I'll escrow it and then you provide the proof of your claims.  If you fail to provide proof of all your quoted claims within 24 hours, you lose the bet.  If you provide proof of all your claims within 24 hours, you win the bet.  JohnK, if he's willing to take the escrow, is fine with me and he can keep 10% of my winnings.

On the other hand there are the outstanding payments you have yet to pay for bets lost.... [1][2]

Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 01:42:00 PM

I'll put this in simple words you'll understand as comprehension seems to be a problem for you...

The statements were made. They were made by a member of Butterfly Labs staff (who was auth'd and enforced) in a public chat room.
If they are true or not is not my problem.

If they are true then you're a liar and you're trying to cover your arse (possible based on previous BFL statements which you made).
If they are not true then you're inept at your job as Chief Operations Officer (?) because you can't control your staff. I'd seriously be questioning why he said those things. Especially in a public room, official or unofficial...

The RMA issues: Very nicely worded (and clever) response! "...but most RMAs are handled within 24 - 48 hours of arrival in our office.  We have virtually no "backlog" of RMAs.".
Shame there is a 33 day wait on authorisation for the RMA!

As per the 1BTC I 'owe you'... I didn't see your BTC held in escrow by John.K as per your agreement. Thus I don't 'owe you' anything.

... You escrow it, I'll escrow it and then you provide the proof of your claims.  If you fail to provide proof of all your quoted claims within 24 hours, you lose the bet.  If you provide proof of all your claims within 24 hours, you win the bet.  JohnK, if he's willing to take the escrow, is fine with me and he can keep 10% of my winnings.

On the other hand there are the outstanding payments you have yet to pay for bets lost.... [1][2]

I will put this in simple terms you can understand, KelticFox.  We've already proven that you can't do math or understand simple English, so I will try to be as simple as possible for your poor little brain:

I bet you that you could not provide proof for your statements.  You have not provided proof for your statements.  You lost the bet.  You owe me 1 BTC.  You have failed to pay the 1 BTC owed.  Do you understand this?  The bet was simple: You provide proof.  You have not provided any proof. You lost. You are a liar for making the statements and you are a liar for not paying up the bet you lost.

On the other hand, there are no outstanding payments for any bets.  Again, you are lying and I challenge you to prove it.  You can't, therefore you are again a liar.  Would you like to also bet on that?  Oh that's right, you don't follow through with your bets.

Kelticfox

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 04:47:52 PM

I will put this in simple terms you can understand, KelticFox.  We've already proven that you can't do math or understand simple English, so I will try to be as simple as possible for your poor little brain:

I bet you that you could not provide proof for your statements.  You have not provided proof for your statements.  You lost the bet.  You owe me 1 BTC.  You have failed to pay the 1 BTC owed.  Do you understand this?  The bet was simple: You provide proof.  You have not provided any proof. You lost. You are a liar for making the statements and you are a liar for not paying up the bet you lost.

On the other hand, there are no outstanding payments for any bets.  Again, you are lying and I challenge you to prove it.  You can't, therefore you are again a liar.  Would you like to also bet on that?  Oh that's right, you don't follow through with your bets.

You really do spout crap... I'm starting to think you have sociopathic tendencies.

Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 05:26:23 PM

Yes, go on and deflect your lying, cheating tendancies on me.  You made a bet, you failed to follow through, simple as that.  You lied about your proof and you lied about the bet. Pretty simple equation.  You are just a liar.

Lassi

Activity: 70

Burn the wings off those bastards.

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2014, 10:20:25 AM

You really do spout crap... I'm starting to think you have sociopathic tendencies.

You are correct he is a sociopath and at least anti-social.

Code:
Internet Trolling, Scatologia & Digital Psychopathy

http://michaelarntfield.com/internet-trolling-scatophilia-digital-psychopathy/

anti-social refers to the specific, clinical definition as found in the DSM IV, namely that anti-social behavior,
as the symptom and diagnostic criterion for anti-social personality disorder, generally consists of three or
more of the following traits:

a)     Failing to conform with social norms or lawful behavior

b)    Ongoing deceitfulness, including lying, the use of aliases, or exaggerations

c)     Consistent and reckless impulsivity

d)    Consistent and persistent aggressiveness and physically domineering behavior

e)     Reckless disregard for the safety of one’s self or others

f)     Consistent irresponsibility and inability to maintain personal, professional, or financial obligations

g)     An ongoing and demonstrated lack of remorse or emotional intelligence

Factor 1: Personality: “Aggressive narcissism”

Glibness & superficial charm
Grandiose or exaggerated sense of self-worth
History of pathological lying
Conning & manipulative behavior
Lack of remorse, guilt, or conscience
Shallow affect & disingenuous emotion
Callousness and a lack of empathy
Inability to accept responsibility for one’s actions

Factor 2: Case history: “Socially deviant lifestyle”

Need for stimulation/proneness to boredom
Leads a parasitic and leeching lifestyle
Shows or has poor behavioral controls
Lacks realistic long-term goals & lives in a fantasy world
High impulsivity
Consistent irresponsibility
History of juvenile delinquency
History of early behavioral problems in childhood
Has had a revocation of conditional release if applicable

Now it's time for the FTC to put everything Butterfly Labs has done through the magnifying glass and then burn the wings off those bastards.
Kelticfox

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 11:06:01 AM

Quote from: coinpositivedotcom
I sued BFL and won.

Since I live in California, I had to hire an attorney in Johnson County KS. I won by default with damages and atty fees awarded, as BFL failed to show at trial.
My case is a matter of public record, case 13LA09619

BFL has now failed to respond to their loss of the suit and we are looking for ways to collect via lien, direct bank account deduction, etc. In addition we will be shortly expanding a second lawsuit based upon the proof of fraud whereby our bitcoins will be returned to us via a court procedure known as 'recession' [where the court orders that you are returned to the same position today that existed before the fraud occurred] and will seek to secure our bitcoins by way of a replevin order.

These processes are time and money consuming, but as BFL continues to ignore the court orders, their fines and fees are increasing from the date of our original judgment.
The chief obstacle for execution of a recession and replevin order is the notion that bitcoins [even though digital] are a type of property that can be 'seized' or returned, by an action provisioned under instructions given to a sheriff acting on orders from the court.

Of course, we crypto-geeks know that this can be easily accomplished, but BTCs are a new "unknown" to the US jurisprudential system, and our attorney has to guide them through the process and allow them to conclude that "this can be done".

If anyone is interested in filing suit against BFL remotely, I have an EXCELLENT attorney-- and since he has already won the first suit, it is a foregone conclusion he can win yours.
Now the caveat: BFL is very skilled at moving its money and its accounts around the various banks in Leawood Kansas. Our investigator has determined that they had accounts in certain banks which are now closed, but we suspect that they are no longer using the registered corp-name BF Labs Inc as the corporate name on the account they use to pay their local employees-- and they DO have to pay their employees somehow.

Speculation is that they have moved to using ADP or another third party payroll system and have masked their accounts.
We are pursuing a subpoena to force a court appearance by Sect/Treasurer Jody Drake to disclose the location of assets.

Anyone wishing information on the progress of the suit and information regarding process and procedures can contact me at info at coinpositive dot com.
This has been an expensive process, but BFL should not be allowed to defraud the public.

If you found this helpful, you can donate mBTCs to this address: *snip*

Or mLTCs to this address: *snip*

I will try to help as many who ask. God Bless and Happy New Year

From Reddit

Seems strangely relevant...

darkmule
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 12:42:46 AM

Mere "tendencies?"  I love the understatement that predominates on these lovely boards.
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1022

Monero Evangelist

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 12:45:51 AM

OP: Are you Micon the Icon? Smiley I remember you from poker. Small fan here, not a big one. Wink
GlapLaw

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 04:15:23 PM

Well, I just read through all 27 pages of this disaster of a thread.

Can someone take the time to distill exactly what the "scam" is?

I get that they delayed products a long time and had questionable refund practices during the delay, but is that it? Is there something wrong with the products themselves?

Anything contained in the above post should NOT be taken to constitute the establishment of an Attorney-Client relationship. Anything in the above post should NOT be taken as legal advice, either generally, or for your specific situation. Anything contained in the above post should NOT be taken to indicate my opinion on any legal strategy or approach, or the viability of any legal claims.
Entropy-uc

Activity: 672

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 04:21:22 PM

Well, I just read through all 27 pages of this disaster of a thread.

Can someone take the time to distill exactly what the "scam" is?

I get that they delayed products a long time and had questionable refund practices during the delay, but is that it? Is there something wrong with the products themselves?

If you actually did read the thread you would know.

"Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, did you enjoy the play?"
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.