Bitcoin Forum
November 19, 2017, 08:06:50 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bryan Micon's Butterfly Labs Scammer Investigation including Josh Zerlan  (Read 99265 times)
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1485

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 09:21:05 PM

Latest episode of Security Now has some discussion of this towards the end.
www.twit.tv/sn

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Join ICO Now A blockchain platform for effective freelancing
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yolo2222

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 05:32:30 PM

Well...

Using preorder cash the way they have is a crime.  It must be a crime....  Last time I preordered something, my credit card was charged when the item was SHIPPED.

But, here's what really pissed me off.  I couldn't believe the amount of disrespect he displayed at CES.  I'm not sure what he was so pissed about, because I'm sure he doesn't talk to everyone like that (there must be some undercurrent there)... but at least have the decency and professionalism to explain why you don't want to have a conversation instead of being a jackass.

After watching that, I'd never patronize a company Josh Zerlan was in front of, period.

Have you read this?  I'm sure you have...  http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/engineering-the-bitcoin-gold-rush-an-interview-with-yifu-guo-creator-of-the-first-asic-based-miner

From an ASIC perspective, things got serious in around June or July when Butterfly Labs first released their ASIC lineup, which was a big deal. They promised to ship in October, and in a matter of days took in over a million dollars
We never intended for this to be a real business. But then lo and behold, Butterfly Labs announced that they were delayed. October came and went, November came and went, December came and went and they still hadn’t shipped. Meanwhile, we’re chugging along.

So Avalon decided to get into the ASIC game AFTER BFL announced their line up and beat them to the market.  It looks like these guys are ramping up production too... actually, these guys are dialed in.  They make BFL look like ASIC chumps.

I would put a bet that even if BFL is able to produce something for the masses, someone is not going to get their unit.  In order to meet price commitments, they're going to have to be the loss leader in ASICs...  and eventually, some folks at the end of the line isn't going to get in the door.

you sir, got def. too much freetime... which Josh certainly has not...

mojod

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 11:32:06 PM

so here is the supposed "Luke Unit" hashing on Josh's pool (lol ppl really connect to his pool? ppl should not trust Josh Zerlan with hashing power IMO)

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1CdcYVP4T4hjHwt353pEnGHrigeDLvuvZL

Does anyone believe this is the luke Unit?  that it's really been hashing that fast for that long?   

I would love to hear opinions.

is it just eating power like a boss?

so hot you can fry an egg on it?

special pcb or not even mounted on a board, i.e. no real way to take it from lab --> consumer product?

Bryan you're a dumbass. Eligius is not Josh's pool. Eliguis WAS a pool that belonged to Luke, but he handed it over to wizkid.
Josh's pool is eclipse. Every time you open your mouth...

gbx

Activity: 226

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 01:00:07 AM

Well...

Using preorder cash the way they have is a crime.  It must be a crime....  Last time I preordered something, my credit card was charged when the item was SHIPPED.

But, here's what really pissed me off.  I couldn't believe the amount of disrespect he displayed at CES.  I'm not sure what he was so pissed about, because I'm sure he doesn't talk to everyone like that (there must be some undercurrent there)... but at least have the decency and professionalism to explain why you don't want to have a conversation instead of being a jackass.

After watching that, I'd never patronize a company Josh Zerlan was in front of, period.

Have you read this?  I'm sure you have...  http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/engineering-the-bitcoin-gold-rush-an-interview-with-yifu-guo-creator-of-the-first-asic-based-miner

From an ASIC perspective, things got serious in around June or July when Butterfly Labs first released their ASIC lineup, which was a big deal. They promised to ship in October, and in a matter of days took in over a million dollars
We never intended for this to be a real business. But then lo and behold, Butterfly Labs announced that they were delayed. October came and went, November came and went, December came and went and they still hadn’t shipped. Meanwhile, we’re chugging along.

So Avalon decided to get into the ASIC game AFTER BFL announced their line up and beat them to the market.  It looks like these guys are ramping up production too... actually, these guys are dialed in.  They make BFL look like ASIC chumps.

I would put a bet that even if BFL is able to produce something for the masses, someone is not going to get their unit.  In order to meet price commitments, they're going to have to be the loss leader in ASICs...  and eventually, some folks at the end of the line isn't going to get in the door.

you sir, got def. too much freetime... which Josh certainly has not...

Yeah, Josh is probably too busy spending OPM on Google ads and making marketing videos.  How about some people posting about how excited they are to receive their UPS tracking number for their purchases they made nearly 12 months ago?  I'd spend some freetime on that.

Here's one...  https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/1693-definite-shipping-date-4.html

And I wish I had too much free time.  If you're not disgusted by their business tactics, then you're not thinking straight.
yolo2222

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 10:39:33 AM

thinking straight, but not all the time Wink

i ordered during the peak of 230, spent some coins.

If you gonna whine, get refund and make your own ASIC or i dont know...

Be happy man!

gbx

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 10:27:56 PM

thinking straight, but not all the time Wink

i ordered during the peak of 230, spent some coins.

If you gonna whine, get refund and make your own ASIC or i dont know...

Be happy man!

I hear you.  I was in the game for a while with BFL also but I jumped out after February.

I hope they deliver for you.  I don't think any of us are wishing ill-will on the company, promise, or their customers.  But it's been a mighty long time, and I think the natives are beyond restless.

I looked at the Avalon DIY project.  It looks doable, but it'd be one heck of a workout.  I'd rather just buy more GPUs Wink for the moment. Smiley
yolo2222

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 08:33:19 PM

good choice.

Josh said today they will delivier in ONE WEEK  Grin

gbx

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 03:49:36 AM

good choice.

I thought it was "two weeks" Smiley  Well, that's been the carrot promise on the end of the stick.

Where's your reference for your claim?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eF6FSdur8k
l008com

Activity: 74

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 04:37:50 AM

April has turned into May?

Shocked I'm as sarcastically shocked as I can get!

BTC: 1B5ahrgQa2UpTFukjjacAWqFPShHyAStpZ
l008com

Activity: 74

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 04:42:07 AM

good choice.

I thought it was "two weeks" Smiley  Well, that's been the carrot promise on the end of the stick.

Where's your reference for your claim?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eF6FSdur8k

3-4 per day? My order number was 44,000 (cancelled). So if they work 7 days a week, I would have gotten my order in about 30 years.

I like how the guy in the video talks down to us, like we're jerks for wondering why items preordered and paid for 9 months ago haven't been shipped.

BTC: 1B5ahrgQa2UpTFukjjacAWqFPShHyAStpZ
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 10:41:15 AM

3-4 per day? My order number was 44,000 (cancelled). So if they work 7 days a week, I would have gotten my order in about 30 years.

I like how the guy in the video talks down to us, like we're jerks for wondering why items preordered and paid for 9 months ago haven't been shipped.

Heh.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Flying Hellfish

Activity: 847

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 01:14:26 PM

Did you guys talk about this already?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=191600.0

Lgetty17

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 06:54:49 PM

They're incorporated in Wyoming...
1)Look up laws entailing fraud in Wyoming..
2)File uit
3)HuhHuh
4)PROFIT
gbx

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 01:04:13 PM

well this trainwreck is starting to get interesting.  they're shipping boxes now.
TradeFortress
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 09:34:45 AM

Please join me in this round of forum advertising auction - make sure BFL does not get a slot.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1358

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 05:00:34 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=197050.0
Entropy-uc

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 09:12:08 PM

Please join me in this round of forum advertising auction - make sure BFL does not get a slot.

Nice idea.

I did it for a few weeks until Theymos rejected my ad and banned me from advertising on the site because I insisted he refund my payment when he wouldn't post the text I wanted.  'BFL - Bare Faced Liars'
Tabaza

Activity: 21

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 09:53:31 PM

has anyone received any hardware from Butterfly Labs yet? or it is really a scam?

i wonder why this thread  stopped on May!
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 09:59:59 PM

has anyone received any hardware from Butterfly Labs yet? or it is really a scam?

i wonder why this thread  stopped on May!
Because many people received hardware from Butterfly Labs.

Only a small dent in the vast sea of preorders, but people are getting their units finally.
Tabaza

Activity: 21

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 10:32:05 PM

do you advice me to order, taking into consideration the delivery is 100 days, and hash difficulty is changing every 2 weeks as per what i heard from a friend.

is it worthy? going to 50GHs/60GHs?

i need your advices for a beginner.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.