Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:21:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 345 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XEL] Elastic Project - The Decentralized Supercomputer  (Read 450429 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2016, 02:47:32 PM

So this WAS an ICO and sold that way in the beginning.. i participated and have been following for months now and I was previously reassured that maintaining my transaction details would be enough to guarantee receipt of the tokens.

How will you right this situation?

what's the problem? if you can show you owned the btc funds you sent you'll be OK

I guess the ease of receipt is confusing the shit out of me right now... just really not sure how this is going to work. And you know uncertainty  = death in cryptoland

Will stay involved, hoping this works out.

EK will help you out bro, you just need to show you're the guy who sent your payment. Private keys signing a message etc ... you'll be OK, EK is a good  dev

Yes check with EK but signing a message using the address you sent funds from would prove you are the rightful owner

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 02:58:28 PM

So this WAS an ICO and sold that way in the beginning.. i participated and have been following for months now and I was previously reassured that maintaining my transaction details would be enough to guarantee receipt of the tokens. I cannot get the private key from bread mobile btc wallet.

The private key is necessary to prove the ownership of your coins (in cryptoland its all about cryptographic proofs).
But no worries, you have the bread wallet recovery phrase! This will be enough to automatically recover your private key and sign the "claim transaction" for your XEL. There will be an easy tool for that! Do not throw your backup mnemonic phrase away!
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 10:31:55 PM

You know what that means?  Wink
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 10:35:43 PM

action!
Selsonblue

Activity: 661
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 10:40:31 PM

So this WAS an ICO and sold that way in the beginning.. i participated and have been following for months now and I was previously reassured that maintaining my transaction details would be enough to guarantee receipt of the tokens. I cannot get the private key from bread mobile btc wallet.

The private key is necessary to prove the ownership of your coins (in cryptoland its all about cryptographic proofs).
But no worries, you have the bread wallet recovery phrase! This will be enough to automatically recover your private key and sign the "claim transaction" for your XEL. There will be an easy tool for that! Do not throw your backup mnemonic phrase away!

Indeed, I do. Thanks man.
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 10:41:56 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2016, 07:54:26 AM by Evil-Knievel

I will be away for the next 5 days, I really need to get a few days off to get a clear head again! I am working days and nights!
Of course, i am not a nerd for no reason, so I take my notebook with me and will check every evening how things are going and where fixes are necessary.

I have put up a first version of the Testnet.

- Expect it to break
- Expect it to be buggy
- Expect it to be stress tested a lot
- Expect it to stop working at any time and be replaced by another one
- NEVER run the testnet on your productive system, use a computer for playing only

How do you access it?

- Get Java 1.8
- Entirely delete old instances! Leave no trace!
- Download Source https://github.com/OrdinaryDude/elastic-reference-client
- ./compile.sh
- ./run.sh
- Go in your browser to http://127.0.0.1:6876

Public Node available to quickly try out the Testnet?

- http://52.57.12.123:6876/index.html

How to get play XEL?

- Note, play XEL are throwaway XEL! All play XEL balances get reset frequently.
- We have no faucet yet, so people must distribute the XEL themselves. I have given a trustworthy member here 89900000 XEL to share them with you.
- Account "test" has 100000 XEL in it, first come first served
- The rest is in a testers account.

Limitations

The testnet has reduced functionality. For now, we have a static 60/40 distribution for the proof-of-work fund and the bounty fund, all proof-of-work submissions count 10 XEL, the programming language only supports the SHA256 function (guys, we need more suggestions which functions the programming language should come equipped with so that users do not have to recode everything). Also, several other minor things are also "constant" which of course will be all configurable in the final version. But I think its fine for testing.

What we want?

We want to find bugs  Wink Bugs can affect everything like the difficulty retargeting mechanisms, the block generation mechanisms, the transaction verification, the automatic payment functions (payback on cancellation, bounty fund payout, etc). We need to catch them all.

Setup Guide (Somewhat old, but the process is the same)

AGAIN! This is just the first (unstable) testnet! Do not blame me if everything crashes! It's wanted! We need to find all glitches NOW! ;-)
mr.coinzy

Activity: 500
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 11:24:44 PM

I will be away for the next 5 days, I really need to get a few days off to get a clear head again! I am working days and nights!
Of course, i am not a nerd for no reason, so I take my notebook with me and will check every evening how things are going and where fixes are necessary.

- Expect it to break
- Expect it to be buggy
- NEVER run the testnet on your productive system, use a computer for playing only

How do you access it?

- Get Java 1.8
- ./compile.sh
- ./run.sh

How to get play XEL?

- We have no faucet yet, so people must distribute the XEL themselves. I have given a trustworthy member here 89900000 XEL to share them with you.

Limitations

The testnet has reduced functionality. For now, we have a static 60/40 distribution for the proof-of-work fund and the bounty fund, all proof-of-work submissions count 10 XEL, the programming language only supports the SHA256 function (guys, we need more suggestions which functions the programming language should come equipped with so that users do not have to recode everything). Also, several other minor things are also "constant" which of course will be all configurable in the final version. But I think its fine for testing.

What we want?

We want to find bugs  Wink Bugs can affect everything like the difficulty retargeting mechanisms, the block generation mechanisms, the transaction verification, the automatic payment functions (payback on cancellation, bounty fund payout, etc). We need to catch them all.

AGAIN! This is just the first (unstable) testnet! Do not blame me if everything crashes! It's wanted! We need to find all glitches NOW! ;-)

Nicely done Evil-Knievel!
Do keep up the good work Smiley
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 11:32:49 PM

You know what that means?  Wink

Nice work!!

skyrunnersky

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 04:51:09 AM

ho! This was a very impressive source code. Shocked Shocked

Great! dev!
rocketsTmac

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 05:24:00 AM

- Expect it to break
- Expect it to be buggy

How do you access it?

- Get Java 1.8
- ./compile.sh
- ./run.sh

How to get play XEL?

Limitations

What we want?

EK, you are awesome, are you working in XEL for full-time?  Cheesy 
trader19
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2016, 06:02:42 AM

- Expect it to break
- Expect it to be buggy

How do you access it?

- Get Java 1.8
- ./compile.sh
- ./run.sh

How to get play XEL?

Limitations

What we want?

good work EK, looks great! @trustworthy member: can i have some testnet Credits, would like to play around for a bit:
XEL-K3TA-MQNB-4NHD-5GE8U
test account got swept fast lol

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 07:57:08 AM

For those of you who want to try out work creation and user-provided work mining, here is a short video tutorial.

It's somewhat old, but the process is still the same.
There is still a lot to do but I am confident that we will fix all upcoming bugs soon and add all missing functions pretty quick!
Also, I hope some people will use the testnet to create a faucet, a block explorer, a better miner! The more people join, the more wonderful Elastic is going to be  Wink

... leaving for Greece now! Grin

trader19
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2016, 07:58:08 AM

@mystery_whale thx for sending testnet tokens  Cool nice. one glitch i found when registering name:

Code:
Could not verify signature (server side)

Edit: @EK have a nice holiday Wink

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
unvoid

Activity: 535

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 08:00:01 AM
Last edit: August 31, 2016, 09:07:13 AM by unvoid

Testnet live. Great!

Request for some XEL:

XEL-7UTR-VYZY-ZUZZ-DTJJ5

Some bigger amount would be good (around 5 to 10M). My node will be live 24/7 so would be good to also test forging by few nodes.

EDIT:

Received. Thanks!

BTC: 1CMgHWx4wkAaAy2FfeCyPdedUExmhGhfi5
XEL: XEL-HCM8-KB6E-YFLK-8BWMF
unvoid

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 09:34:50 AM

@EK elastic-miner doesn't work atm. Problem is that elastic-miner trying to connect on 7876 port but testnet of course working on 6876. I've already changed ports, compiled and it's working fine. Do I need to create pull request for this or you will have a min to correct it?

sweet bird

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 11:03:42 AM

Super Computers are a great deal now a days..
It looks like a solid project.....
Good luck for team.....
unvoid

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 11:32:46 AM

And network stuck.

@XEL-9HQ9-BXCV-TARZ-BRDNA please don't stop forging for at least 24h until other nodes coins get mature (1440 blocks min. from the moment they will receive coins) because if you aren't forging rest of the network is stopped and there is nothing we can do with test-net.

Free_Crypto

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 02:18:41 PM

how will you beat golem project? they have the same idea like u. may be lanister can tell to us some differnce from that project. I know that he also made some research about it
ImI
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 02:37:39 PM

how will you beat golem project? they have the same idea like u. may be lanister can tell to us some differnce from that project. I know that he also made some research about it

you could also ask: how will golem beat us?

from an investor point-of-view golem is very expensive, they are selling for 5mio$. but you wont get shares of the actual project but instead just get some kind of profit-payment-token. its similar like JINN where investors just get some parts of the profits and the actual company is owned by devs/earlyinvestors.

that being said Golem wont have to necessarily "beat" us as much as we dont have to necessarily beat them. in crypto its common that projects that try to achieve something similar ar both valued dozens or even hundreds of $-millions. just scroll through the top100 marketcap listings and you will fînd dozens of projects that try to achieve basically the same thing. its no problem at all! projects can learn from and inspire each other and create a win/win situation longterm.

justmy2xel.

edit: or in other words if golem gets a marketcap of 100m and we get a marketcap of 20m i think there is no reason to complain from an investor pov.
ImI
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 03:01:49 PM

And network stuck.

@XEL-9HQ9-BXCV-TARZ-BRDNA please don't stop forging for at least 24h until other nodes coins get mature (1440 blocks min. from the moment they will receive coins) because if you aren't forging rest of the network is stopped and there is nothing we can do with test-net.

the "trustworthy member" is me.  Grin

i accessed the account via http://52.57.12.123:6876/index.html. forging seems to be stuck at block#670.

i installed the git at my own server and got the same problem.

LIST OF OVERLOADED POW TRANSACTIONS IN BLOCK CREATION
LIST OF OVERLOADED BOUNTY TRANSACTIONS IN BLOCK CREATION
Work 5403457228271962868 has gotten 5 bounties.
nxt.NxtException$NotValidException: Cannot cancel already cancelled or finished work
   at nxt.TransactionType$WorkControl$2.validateAttachment(TransactionType.java:471)
   at nxt.Attachment$AbstractAttachment.validate(Attachment.java:34)
   at nxt.TransactionImpl.validate(TransactionImpl.java:835)
   at nxt.WorkLogicManager.createOffTheRecordZeroFeeTransaction(WorkLogicManager.java:1442)
   at nxt.BlockchainProcessorImpl.generateBlock(BlockchainProcessorImpl.java:1158)
   at nxt.Generator.forge(Generator.java:296)
   at nxt.Generator$1.run(Generator.java:79)
   at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
   at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308)
   at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
   at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
2016-08-31 14:41:25 FINE: Generator$1.run: Error in block generation thread
nxt.BlockchainProcessor$BlockNotAcceptedException: Could not create block, ie, the transaction that MUST be included due to timeout / bounty / refund.
   at nxt.BlockchainProcessorImpl.generateBlock(BlockchainProcessorImpl.java:1165)
   at nxt.Generator.forge(Generator.java:296)
   at nxt.Generator$1.run(Generator.java:79)
   at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
   at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308)
   at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
   at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 345 »
  Print  

Jump to: