Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:40:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] a-ads.com: Bitcoin advertising network. Advertise now!  (Read 174426 times)
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1012

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 01:13:45 AM
Last edit: May 18, 2016, 05:58:42 AM by arsenische
Merited by felicita (10), ruletheworld (1)

About Anonymous Ads

We are the transparent Bitcoin advertising network that doesn't collect any personal data about its users. Our lightweight ads don't contain javascript or swf. We don't spy on our users and don't provide targeting based on browser history. We don't sell visitors and don't pay per click or per impression. We sell a share of traffic of our publishers to our advertisers.

Advertisers allocate their funds on advertising spaces (ad units) and get a share of impressions from them. They can track the sources of efficient traffic and reward them for sales to improve the targeting of their campaigns.

If you want to buy ads:

Just try us out. Create an advertising campaign, it should take less than a minute since no registration is needed.

After your campaign is created, you can adjust its parameters, deposit any amount and wait for your ad to be activated by our moderators.

We are also searching for advertisers that are willing to receive free traffic and use CPA or revenue-sharing model. Pay for traffic after it converts!

If you want to monetize your traffic:

Create an ad unit, embed your ad and receive automatic payouts to your bitcoin address.

Please note that we are not pay-per-click or pay-per-impression, our default money distribution mechanism relies on amount of globally unique impressions, please see this post for details.

Ad units may also receive rewards from advertisers that use CPA or revenue sharing model.

Generous affiliate program

All our publishers participate in our affiliate program. They get 50% of fees collected from advertisers attracted by their ad units (~10% of their spendings). Anybody can create an affiliate link and earn daily rewards by promoting our service.

Anonymous Ads | Blog | Twitter

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 10:22:26 AM

Fixed couple bugs related to ad sizes and graphical banners.

thaayb

Activity: 216
Merit: 104

🥇🥉🎖

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 11:29:25 AM

Which ads will appear @ filter ads?

The checked ones or the unchecked ones?

--> Posted this in the aa1 thread

arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 02:56:08 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2013, 11:18:49 PM by arsenische

Added FAQ section to this post. Please ask your questions so that I can fill it with answers. It will be added to the web site (or used to improve its interface) later. Thanks

Update: FAQ moved to http://a-ads.com/faq.

thaayb

Activity: 216
Merit: 104

🥇🥉🎖

View Profile
February 10, 2013, 10:00:11 PM

Will you add a bbcode feature like in AA1?

I used that in many of my signatures on several forums.

arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 01:09:15 AM

Will you add a bbcode feature like in AA1?

I used that in many of my signatures on several forums.

AA1 offered banner rotation for static images/links that could be easily embedded in forums. This feature is currently not available at AA2 and is not planned for near future. If there are many of you who need it, please let me know.

However you can use static links of the form:
Code:
[url=http://click.a-ads.com/<ad_unit_id>/<campaign_id>]<ad text>[/url]
to send traffic to a particular campaign.

Campaign #1 currently pays for goals. That means if somebody follows your link, creates ad and deposits money to AnonymousAds, you will receive 10% of the deposited money.

So if your ad unit id is 123, you could use the following code:

Code:
 [url=http://click.a-ads.com/123/1]Advertise with AnonymousAds[/url]

Herbert

Activity: 488
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2013, 11:20:00 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2013, 11:34:33 PM by Herbert

Hmm. I am not able to enter a text when creating an ad. The forms textarea is just not there  Huh (Using Chrome 24.0.1312.57 on Linux). Still it complains that text must not be empty  Cheesy

Edit: Disabling Adblock fixed it.

www.bitcoinmonitor.net - Free payment notification via email, newsfeed, xpmm/jabber, url callback and full API access!
Send SMS with www.txt4coins.net! No registration, pay-per-use, full API access, bulk messages - All inclusive!
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 03:27:20 PM

Fixed traffic estimation algorithm, catalog shows more realistic (less pessimistic) numbers now.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2013, 08:32:30 AM

I just thought I'd say this is a great idea for getting ads on your site without annoying the fuck out of people, keep it up, the only suggestions I could make about it is making the interface more user friendly and easier to understand, perhaps some tutorials are in order.
Herbert

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2013, 03:16:42 PM

I just thought I'd say this is a great idea for getting ads on your site without annoying the fuck out of people, keep it up, the only suggestions I could make about it is making the interface more user friendly and easier to understand, perhaps some tutorials are in order.

+1 I still only halfway understand how this whole thing is supposed to work  Grin

www.bitcoinmonitor.net - Free payment notification via email, newsfeed, xpmm/jabber, url callback and full API access!
Send SMS with www.txt4coins.net! No registration, pay-per-use, full API access, bulk messages - All inclusive!
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 08:30:58 AM

Herbert, Lethn: if you see the exact places interface features that can be improved, please let me know (I see some of them too, but your feedback is precious). If you have any specific questions, please ask. We need to know what topics should be better explained. Thanks!

btcc

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 09:00:02 AM

My site's health is 100% and then down to 0%. What happened?
http://a-ads.com/ad_units/35
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 09:06:08 AM

I opened your site. There is no ad unit code there. Did you remove it?

btcc

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 09:40:56 AM

I opened your site. There is no ad unit code there. Did you remove it?
Ops~,Sorry, It's my fault.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2013, 06:59:21 AM

You just need to explain what ad units and ads are and things like that, after clicking around it was obvious what the ads and ad units are but most ordinary people I suspect will be wtfing all over the place especially with the cart system which I'm a bit baffled by.
Herbert

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2013, 07:48:57 AM

Herbert, Lethn: if you see the exact places interface features that can be improved, please let me know (I see some of them too, but your feedback is precious). If you have any specific questions, please ask. We need to know what topics should be better explained. Thanks!

It's not really about the UI. I am missing the basic information, some kind of tutorial how the advertising system works.

Tritonio

Activity: 640

Vanity of vanities; all is vanity...

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 09:16:12 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2013, 02:48:19 AM by Tritonio

I just made three units. But I have a few questions.

1. On the top right of the site I see this:  Ad #97, up to ~26752 impressions per day Cart
What is that supposed to be? I would expect to see some high traffic low cost Ad Unit at that place so if I wanted to avertise something I could easily add it to my cart. But this one is an Ad, not an Ad Unit. So why am I seeing this?

2. The fee system needs to be explained a little better I think.
20% of each deposit to campaign (or 10% of transfers from ad unit’s balance)
20% of campaigns’ daily budget.
If I understand correctly that means that if Bob want's to advertise his website on Alice's website, he deposits 1BTC and sets a 0.1BTC/day budget. In the end 0.4BTC (40%) will be charged by AA.
The other case is if Bob also has income from advertising other sites on AA and he transfers the money internally from his Ad Unit to his campaign. In that case 0.3BTC (30%) will be charged in total by AA.
Am I right?

And some suggestions:

I was very confused when I saw the option to withdraw my BTC from my Ad Unit to a campaign. It took a trip to the fees section for me to realize what it means to send money to a campaign (it is done to take advantage of the lower fees). I was at a page that was supposed to setup an ad unit, the last thing I was expecting to see was an option for users that want to advertise. IMO you should put a text like "If you are also advertising through AA and you want your earnings to be deposited directly to your advertisement campaign, please specify your campaign ID here." so that users realize this is only useful if they are also advertising things on AA.

I think you should lower your fees a bit. Take a look at your competition:
Operation fabulous charges 5% of withdrawals.
Adf.ly charges ~50% IIRC but they are using PayPal which ads risk and fees on it's own.
BitcoinAdvertising.com charges 2% although I'm not sure if that site has any users.
Project Wonderful charges ~25% but is also using PayPal.
I know they are all different services and you cannot compare directly to them but still...

Good luck with the new site. I really like your service! :-)

EDIT: Also why is there a "health: 0%" stat for ads that are not associated with a website? (eg: http://a-ads.com/ad_units/347) Is therea way to make this health go up?

EDIT2: I already got ads on two of my units. And I think I found a bug: The add has an underlined title, a line of text and a url on the bottom. Clicking on the title opens a new tab (as it should) but clicking on the url in the third line opens the advertiser's website INSIDE the ad iframe!

EDIT3: Create new ad unit. Click custom colors. Type a value in one of the color text fields. Click another field. Now how do I turn the first field back to "default"? If I clear its contents it types #ff0000 by itself.
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 10:27:05 AM
Last edit: February 19, 2013, 11:03:59 AM by arsenische

1. On the top right of the site I see this:  Ad #97, up to ~26752 impressions per day Cart
What is that supposed to be? I would expect to see some high traffic low cost Ad Unit at that place so if I wanted to avertise something I could easily add it to my cart. But this one is an Ad, not an Ad Unit. So why am I seeing this?

That means you have created or selected the ad #97 and added some categories or ad units to cart. You can proceed to checkout to create a campaign with up to ~26752 impressions/day according to your language/filtering settings (the expected number of impressions will depend on your daily budget).

2. The fee system needs to be explained a little better I think.
20% of each deposit to campaign (or 10% of transfers from ad unit’s balance)
20% of campaigns’ daily budget.
If I understand correctly that means that if Bob want's to advertise his website on Alice's website, he deposits 1BTC and sets a 0.1BTC/day budget. In the end 0.4BTC (40%) will be charged by AA.
The other case is if Bob also has income from advertising other sites on AA and he transfers the money internally from his Ad Unit to his campaign. In that case 0.3BTC (30%) will be charged in total by AA.
Am I right?

Almost right. Maximum fees: 20% + (20% of the remaining 80%) = 36%. Please note that 10% goes to the referrer of the ad creator. So AA gets <= 26%.

If daily budget is set to 0 then AA gets 10% (advertiser can spend his balance to pay for goals thus getting impressions from efficient publishers without additional fees). If advertiser sends traffic from his ad unit to his campaign OR advertiser is a referrer of himself (that can't be verified since everybody is anonymous) then he gets a "discount" of 10%.

IMO you should put a text like "If you are also advertising through AA and you want your earnings to be deposited directly to your advertisement campaign, please specify your campaign ID here." so that users realize this is only useful if they are also advertising things on AA.

Thanks for your suggestion! Something similar has already be done on our staging server: http://s.a-ads.com/ad_units/new (is it clear enough?).

I think you should lower your fees a bit. Take a look at your competition:
Operation fabulous charges 5% of withdrawals.
Adf.ly charges ~50% IIRC but they are using PayPal which ads risk and fees on it's own.
BitcoinAdvertising.com charges 2% although I'm not sure if that site has any users.
Project Wonderful charges ~25% but is also using PayPal.
I know they are all different services and you cannot compare directly to them but still...

As I explained above, AA gets 10-26% from advertisers' money. 10% of deposits goes to referrers, so they can be thought as additional earnings for efficient ad units (see http://a-ads.com/campaigns/1/goals). We will consider lowering the fees. Maybe we should issue shares and ask shareholders to vote on it Smiley

Thanks for reporting bugs (EDIT1, EDIT2) - we fixed them! Regarding ad unit code constructor (EDIT3) - it probably will be improved when I understand how to do it better.

Thanks again for your participation!

Tritonio

Activity: 640

Vanity of vanities; all is vanity...

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 12:50:37 PM

Thanks for the explanation. I didn't know that you kept the old payment system. (Being able to pay directly to your best ad units) You should probably clarify this on the FAQ and highlight that there is no fee for doing that (it's one of the best features of the old and the new AA).

EDIT3 is fixed on stage IMO. The "than to withdraw to bitcoin address and then deposit to campaign" explains why I would want to select that option. ;-)

So to verify that I fully understand how it works. (use that or something like that in your FAQ if you'd like)

Alice is referred to AA by Tom. Alice creates an ad unit so that she can earn money on her blog. She set's up her ad unit to automatically deposit that money to one of her campaigns in order to advertise her blog too. She sets her daily budget to 0.1BTC. She does NOT deposit any money directly, she just wait's for her earnings.

Bob is referred to AA by Timmy. He creates a campaign to advertise his company and he deposits 1BTC to his campaign but sets daily budget to 0. Of that deposit 1BTC*80%=0.8BTC get credited to his campaign, 1BTC*10%=0.1BTC go to AA and 1BTC*10%=0.1BTC to Timmy. Bob then hand picks Alice's ad unit to put his ad in by paying all 0.8BTC to her ad unit. No fee is subtracted from those 0.8BTC at this point.

Alice receives 0.8BTC which, as instructed, get directly transferred to her own campaign to advertise her blog. During that internal transfer 0.8*10%=0.08BTC go to AA. 0.8*90%=0.72BTC get credited to Alice's campaign. AA starts to automatically match up Alice's ads to various ad units. After 0.72/0.1=7.2 days Alice's balance is exhausted. At that point AA has charged additional 0.72*20%=0.144BTC fees and 0.72*80%=0.576BTC have been paid to the ad units that displayed Alice's ad.

So MOAR questions for you:

1. In the previous example, doesn't Tom get any money? Alice didn't deposite any money, she chose to do an internal transfer from her ad unit earnings to her. Referrals get a cut from the deposits, right?

2. Can you withdraw money from a campaign if you choose to send your money there? I suppose not since that could be exploited unless it had a fee >>10%.

3. Which ways do we have to refer people and where do we receive our referral fees?
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 03:43:13 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2013, 04:09:47 PM by arsenische

You are right, the whole system is not documented yet, I am working on it.

Alice is referred to AA by Tom. Alice creates an ad unit so that she can earn money on her blog. She set's up her ad unit to automatically deposit that money to one of her campaigns in order to advertise her blog too. She sets her daily budget to 0.1BTC. She does NOT deposit any money directly, she just wait's for her earnings.

Bob is referred to AA by Timmy. He creates a campaign to advertise his company and he deposits 1BTC to his campaign but sets daily budget to 0. Of that deposit 1BTC*80%=0.8BTC get credited to his campaign, 1BTC*10%=0.1BTC go to AA and 1BTC*10%=0.1BTC to Timmy. Bob then hand picks Alice's ad unit to put his ad in by paying all 0.8BTC to her ad unit. No fee is subtracted from those 0.8BTC at this point.

Alice receives 0.8BTC which, as instructed, get directly transferred to her own campaign to advertise her blog. During that internal transfer 0.8*10%=0.08BTC go to AA. 0.8*90%=0.72BTC get credited to Alice's campaign. AA starts to automatically match up Alice's ads to various ad units. After 0.72/0.1=7.2 days Alice's balance is exhausted. At that point AA has charged additional 0.72*20%=0.144BTC fees and 0.72*80%=0.576BTC ave been paid to the ad units that displayed Alice's ad.

This is correct, thank you for explanation!

1. In the previous example, doesn't Tom get any money? Alice didn't deposit any money, she chose to do an internal transfer from her ad unit earnings to her. Referrals get a cut from the deposits, right?

Right. Only bitcoin deposits are counted.

2. Can you withdraw money from a campaign if you choose to send your money there? I suppose not since that could be exploited unless it had a fee >>10%.

You can't do it directly (maybe it will be possible in future), but you can register a goal to your ad unit (thus withdrawing funds from your campaign without a fee). How can it be exploited?

3. Which ways do we have to refer people and where do we receive our referral fees?

Your ad already contains a referral link (it is shown when you hover AA icon). It has the following form:
Code:
http://a-ads.com?partner=<ad unit id>
You can also advertise any campaign via links of the form:
Code:
http://a-ads.com/<ad unit id>/<campaign id>
If campaign pays per sale, you will be rewarded for attracting buyers. It looks like currently only campaign #1 pays for goals. But later we plan to have a list of such campaigns.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: