Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:03:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD THREAD] Silk Network: Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver  (Read 77020 times)
BrotherJ

Activity: 301
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 06:33:58 PM

Let's get this clear.

We are the development team of Silk/DarkSilk/Weaver. We are not the old Silkcoin development team.

Our coin isn't being delisted from the exchange(s), the old Silkcoin is.

We are not deserting anything, as there isn't anything to desert.

Everything is going ahead as planned and holders of Silkcoin will still be able to swap to Silk even if there is no market for Silkcoin.

No market price is needed when it is a 1:1 swap.

True, but where is the market for Silk/Darksilk?

How can there possibly be a market for a coin that isn't released.

Silkcoin has been released for 2 years.

Its successes, use, function and trade cannot be blamed or credited to the current developers and team members of Silk Network, Silk, DarkSilk or Weaver.

I have said from the start that the code will be released once it is ready. Which it will be.

All of these trials and tribulations will soon be a vacant memory, left to the sands of time.

I guess what I meant to say was where Silk/Darksilk will be listed upon release. The swap/re-branding would have been ideal on Polo. I think we can all agree on that. From my experience, once Polo makes a delisting announcement, it's a done deal. There is no creating volume or other methods of saving it. For me personally, the only other exchange I trust to trade my funds is Bittrex. I feel for you man, but I have to ask these questions in order to make a decision on my investments.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
traK4Ubitl

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 06:34:51 PM

Can't help yourself being triggered Spencer? Wink Don't let him get under your skin (again) bro. Try some meditation Tongue

Trak is always just asking for it, can't really blame Spencer... He's been doing overtime on overtime with barely any sleep and now has to deal with twats like trak again just because some guy at polo felt like de-listing random coins and not being that communicative either.

Yeah either that or is because over a year a go poloniex extended the delisting for Silkcoin pending ANY update, which never happened.   Coupled with low volume and asking the day before the 'release' to simply add another market so we can run all the silkcoin through our own exchange first.  

And I'm the problem here.  Pffft
SLievensDRKSLK (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2016, 06:36:42 PM

Can't help yourself being triggered Spencer? Wink Don't let him get under your skin (again) bro. Try some meditation Tongue

Trak is always just asking for it, can't really blame Spencer... He's been doing overtime on overtime with barely any sleep and now has to deal with twats like trak again just because some guy at polo felt like de-listing random coins and not being that communicative either.

Yeah either that or is because over a year a go poloniex extended the delisting for Silkcoin pending ANY update, which never happened.   Coupled with low volume and asking the day before the 'release' to simply add another market so we can run all the silkcoin through our own exchange first.  

We are in talks currently with Bittrex. Directly. Not via email and not via IRC.

Sorry Trak but I am no longer going to entertain your notion of a conversation. That ceases here.
drizzle2405
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2016, 06:45:32 PM

For all of you freaking about Poloniex, you need to calm down.  I called this out weeks ago.  Poloniex doesn't give 2 shits...  Get over it...  Once SLK makes headlines and goes berserk, Poloniex will list SLK...  Mark this post, just like you should have marked my last ones...

So what if they delist "SILK"...  "SILK" won't exist soon...  Time to move on to SLK and DRKSLK!

traK4Ubitl

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 06:55:59 PM

We are in talks currently with Bittrex. Directly. Not via email and not via IRC.

Sorry Trak but I am no longer going to entertain your notion of a conversation. That ceases here.

*Pats you on the back and shrugs his shoulders*

HODL HODL!  Release the Weaver release the Weaver!
traK4Ubitl

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 06:58:40 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2016, 07:10:17 PM by traK4Ubitl

For all of you freaking about Poloniex, you need to calm down.  I called this out weeks ago.  Poloniex doesn't give 2 shits...  Get over it...  Once SLK makes headlines and goes berserk, Poloniex will list SLK...  Mark this post, just like you should have marked my last ones...

So what if they delist "SILK"...  "SILK" won't exist soon...  Time to move on to SLK and DRKSLK!

Headlines? For what? Rebranding dark coin?

Edit: for being the Swiss army knife of shitcoins?
Mimir

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

Only a fool worries over what he can’t control.

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 07:28:55 PM

People need exchanges. Not being able cash out Silkcoins if necessary is a absolute dealbreaker for most. All that exists right now is a cryptocoin that is redeemable for promises, how much is that actually worth to you?

Considering the team kept saying that SLK listing is imminent and we can swap coins, this is a slap in the face for investors.

I just asked poloniex and they said there is no plans to list SLK currently. Which is the complete opposite of what the devteam have been saying for weeks.

Two simple questions:
  • When is the release?
  • Wheres the code on github?

Devs need to provide something other than screenshots of a skype conversation, and real quick because their ship is filling with water. Plenty of good devs in crypto, but very few are good at business.

I'm out, good luck to you guys, it's a jungle out there. Sort yourselves out and I might come back, but until then its time to watch from the sidelines

cheers!

The wilderness has a mysterious tongue. Which teaches awful doubt, or faith so mild
SLievensDRKSLK (OP)

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2016, 07:35:57 PM

People need exchanges. Not being able cash out Silkcoins if necessary is a absolute dealbreaker for most. All that exists right now is a cryptocoin that is redeemable for promises, how much is that actually worth to you?

Considering the team kept saying that SLK listing is imminent and we can swap coins, this is a slap in the face for investors.

I just asked poloniex and they said there is no plans to list SLK currently. Which is the complete opposite of what the devteam have been saying for weeks.

Two simple questions:
  • When is the release?
  • Wheres the code on github?

Devs need to provide something other than screenshots of a skype conversation, and real quick because their ship is filling with water. Plenty of good devs in crypto, but very few are good at business.

I'm out, good luck to you guys, it's a jungle out there. Sort yourselves out and I might come back, but until then its time to watch from the sidelines

cheers!

This is simply how you see it as your concerned with your current investment and what is happening on Poloniex.

What people fail to realise is that the swap will take place, Silk will launch, media/marketing/promotion will be taking place constantly. New adopters will come onboard and all the exchanges will take notice.

Poloniex is looking at Silkcoin, the market history, its development etc.

What they fail to see is what is coming. The same as people who are selling their coins right now.

Shame to see you go, see you when you return Wink
drizzle2405
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2016, 08:07:25 PM

There were no exchanges for Bitcoin in the beginning.....

Yet people kept them and here we are today....

Your choice....

SLievensDRKSLK (OP)

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2016, 08:08:08 PM

Your choice....

^^^At last someone talking sense^^^
quantumgravity

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2016, 08:14:39 PM

Your choice....

Exactly.

Besides, exchanges will want SLK and DRKSLK precisely because they will become very popular coins and will be top volume movers for sure. Once the exchanges see that they can make money from listing the coins, they will be listed quite quickly.

Remember, we have hardly even started our marketing campaign and press blitz. SN community members will multiply at an accelerating pace.

For those that sold due to uncertainty -- an understandable, but inevitably an unfortunate error.

HODL

traK4Ubitl

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 09:41:24 PM

Your choice....

Haha haha there ya go.  No need to say another word.  Hit the nail on the head.  This is definitely the new bitcoin.
SLievensDRKSLK (OP)

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2016, 10:47:29 PM

Your choice....

Haha haha there ya go.  No need to say another word.  Hit the nail on the head.  This is definitely the new bitcoin.

Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 10:51:21 PM

I understand the updates. Yes silkcoin is the old world, we are here because of silk but these guys are developing a new thing.
These devs have been always here to answer us and you guys deserve respect
 Wink
Mimir

Activity: 106

Only a fool worries over what he can’t control.

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 11:07:23 PM

They are just doing business, the margins made on low volume coins probably doesnt justify the effort to maintain and support it.

Theres obviously a lot more marketing needed now though without that leg up from a major exchange. As it stands there will be no way to buy SLK in a few days. Theres already enough uncertainty in crypto, value tends to follow that.

Price fluctuations arent the problem for me and im sure a lot of other people, its how it goes.
But market access is essential, and that's non-negotiable for some.
Regardless, came out in front and made a fair bit staking on a computer that was on already anyway, so can't complain I guess.

My two cents on whats needed:
  • An exchange for SLK. Pointless bothering with SILK now.
  • Less features, faster release. A pretty gui should not be a priority
  • Stop responding to forum trolls and especially dont spend dev time on photoshopping images about trolls, there's an ignore button man
  • Consider removing all the empty github repositories until there is something to put in them
  • Formal announcement with your future plans, it's not going to be easier now, at least acknowledge that, it's the reality.

The wilderness has a mysterious tongue. Which teaches awful doubt, or faith so mild
SLievensDRKSLK (OP)

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2016, 11:20:33 PM

They are just doing business, the margins made on low volume coins probably doesnt justify the effort to maintain and support it.

Theres obviously a lot more marketing needed now though without that leg up from a major exchange. As it stands there will be no way to buy SLK in a few days. Theres already enough uncertainty in crypto, value tends to follow that.

Price fluctuations arent the problem for me and im sure a lot of other people, its how it goes.
But market access is essential, and that's non-negotiable for some.
Regardless, came out in front and made a fair bit staking on a computer that was on already anyway, so can't complain I guess.

My two cents on whats needed:
  • An exchange for SLK. Pointless bothering with SILK now.
  • Less features, faster release. A pretty gui should not be a priority
  • Stop responding to forum trolls and especially dont spend dev time on photoshopping images about trolls, there's an ignore button man
  • Consider removing all the empty github repositories until there is something to put in them
  • Formal announcement with your future plans, it's not going to be easier now, at least acknowledge that, it's the reality.

Here's your change from your 2 cents Wink

• This is in the final stages of being arranged.
  • The features are in and it is certainly not about a pretty GUI. It is about releasing a coin with stable beginnings.
  • Sorry, I cannot help but reply, it's the ADHD/ADD in me.
  • I have primed the GitHub repositories. Also they were there and ready to make sure we claimed the name.
  • This will be done in the form of the official OP for launch of Silk/DarkSilk/Weaver, with full moderation.
Pr0metheus

Activity: 103

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 11:36:41 PM

ok ok so i go out drinking two beers and you guys go all ape shit?!!

i'm kind of critical guy sometimes.. and dont want to bang my fingers over silkcoin again so i wont.

polo has made 2 very bad moves in 1 month notice,

the etc/eth swap hardfork how you want to call it.

and today they found it usefull to update the xmr chain because there was some kind of update??
in the middle of a big pump?!!

meaning no coins could enter or leave the exchange, this is fraud!

so we should question ourselves do we want to be listed on this kind of exchange?
traK4Ubitl

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 11:55:32 PM

Your choice....

Haha that's awesome.  I think I'm gonna get that tattoo.
drizzle2405
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2016, 12:10:43 AM

ok ok so i go out drinking two beers and you guys go all ape shit?!!

i'm kind of critical guy sometimes.. and dont want to bang my fingers over silkcoin again so i wont.

polo has made 2 very bad moves in 1 month notice,

the etc/eth swap hardfork how you want to call it.

and today they found it usefull to update the xmr chain because there was some kind of update??
in the middle of a big pump?!!

meaning no coins could enter or leave the exchange, this is fraud!

so we should question ourselves do we want to be listed on this kind of exchange?

Don't give 2 shits for Poloniex.  Exchanges come and go......  End of story...

SLievensDRKSLK (OP)

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2016, 12:22:39 AM

Just one of the companies looking to utilise our blockchain for development:

I am currently in talks with a few other companies looking to utilise blockchains for their systems.
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: