Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:40:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD THREAD] Silk Network: Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver  (Read 77020 times)
Orestes

Activity: 441
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 06:28:52 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2016, 06:55:58 PM by Orestes

Do we get to know in the end of the month about the ratio of Slk to Drkslk?

The ratio will be determined by market price.

But to share the Gold analogy

DarkSilk is to money (currency product)
as
Silk is to gold (investment asset)

so you would be switching gold for money

Based on that, SLK would be of higher value than DRKSLK.

Yup

I expected a different reaction to be honest. The after announcement sales to me are like a litmus test for DarkSilk demand. It will be more interesting to hold Silk although it won't be of much use. It will be more interesting to use DarkSilk but less interesting to hold(of course it will still be interesting).

negative sales mean lack of understanding or just profit taking (which for now it is).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoMrM

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 06:40:17 PM

Hiya,

2 questions.

1. If we buy SILK on poloniex will it automatically be transferred to the new SILK?

and

2. Do you know the reason for the delay in launch?

Thanks!
Orestes

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 06:44:10 PM

Hiya,

2 questions.

1. If we buy SILK on poloniex will it automatically be transferred to the new SILK?

and

2. Do you know the reason for the delay in launch?

Thanks!

1. No Silkcoin will be swapped through Weaver, our own platform for handling multiple features (have a look at the white paper in the OP). Poloniex will add the new Silk, SLK to their exchange.

2. No date has been set, what is know is that Silk will be released one month prior to DarkSilk. Developments steadily advancing, expect more updates this month.
drizzle2405
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2016, 06:55:46 PM

as

Yup

I expected a different reaction to be honest. The after announcement sales to me are like a litmus test for DarkSilk demand. It will be more interesting to hold Silk although it won't be of much use. It will be more interesting to use DarkSilk but less interesting to hold(of course it will still be interesting).

negative sales mean lack of understanding or just profit taking.

Then wow, the market was WAY off and no one really understands the true uses...  Typical profit taking.  It probably will not sink in until the network is live and running and people see the system working to understand it.

For me, I like assets and commodities...  Much rather hold them than hold currency.  But to each his own.

Orestes

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 06:57:33 PM

as

Yup

Then wow, the market was WAY off and no one really understands the true uses...  Typical profit taking.  It probably will not sink in until the network is live and running and people see the system working to understand it.

For me, I like assets and commodities...  Much rather hold them than hold currency.  But to each his own.

Exactly, thats why im not worried. But I would like to see things pick up though, because it would give us an estimation on DarkSilk demand Wink
OrsonJ

Activity: 597
Merit: 253

... and the swarm is headed towards us

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2016, 07:29:54 PM

as

Yup

Then wow, the market was WAY off and no one really understands the true uses...  Typical profit taking.  It probably will not sink in until the network is live and running and people see the system working to understand it.

For me, I like assets and commodities...  Much rather hold them than hold currency.  But to each his own.

Exactly, thats why im not worried. But I would like to see things pick up though, because it would give us an estimation on DarkSilk demand Wink

It's worth bearing in mind the news has only really been shared with people reading this thread (today) and a lot of us are already invested. Once there's greater awareness I'm sure we'll get a better idea of the real demand.

Zano alias: @orsonj  |  Twitter: @Cryptoschild
Orestes

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 07:31:20 PM

It's worth bearing in mid the news has only really been shared with people reading this thread (today) and a lot of us are already invested. Once there's greater awareness I'm sure we'll get a better idea of the real demand.

Yup but it's good to know that the few of you get a good grasp on things. That is more important to me than what happens on the exchanges Grin.

But i did push the memo hard today which is up to a point a reason for the spike/crash, but its all within bounds and we created a bit of volume which equals promotion/advertisement.
drizzle2405
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2016, 07:36:15 PM

as

Yup

Seriously though, by doing the valuation this way and not vice versa, the Silk Network team not only saved Silkcoin, but they are giving it the value it should have had and in all reality placing it above DRKSLK, even though DRKSLK will have more function, it won't be of higher value.

Wake up people!  That means those of you who kept holding out for the DRKSLK ICO based on the hypothesis that it would be the only useful coin of the two...  You got it dead wrong in terms of valuation!!!

Your SLK will actually be worth more than your DRKSLK...  Wow...

Orestes

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 07:38:04 PM

as

Yup

Then wow, the market was WAY off and no one really understands the true uses...  Typical profit taking.  It probably will not sink in until the network is live and running and people see the system working to understand it.

For me, I like assets and commodities...  Much rather hold them than hold currency.  But to each his own.

Seriously though, by doing the valuation this way and not vice versa, the Silk Network team not only saved Silkcoin, but they are giving it the value it should have had and in all reality placing it above DRKSLK, even though DRKSLK will have more function, it won't be of higher value.

Wake up people!  That means those of you who kept holding out for the DRKSLK ICO based on the hypothesis that it would be the only useful coin of the two...  You got it dead wrong in terms of valuation!!!

yup you are spot on, Silk is the Arch and the flood is coming
read everything that I said again and all will make sense! Grin
traK4Ubitl

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 07:43:38 PM

So where is this announcement? Did I miss it? I scrolled back through and found some more poetry and new investors losing money.. and watched the sells of silk climb far above 3 million, and read a whole bunch of bag holder horseshit...

Is this yet another release date botched? Or am I just asking 'fuddy' questions again?
Orestes

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 07:45:16 PM

So where is this announcement? Did I miss it? I scrolled back through and found some more poetry and new investors losing money.. and watched the sells of silk climb far above 3 million, and read a whole bunch of bag holder horseshit...

Is this yet another release date botched? Or am I just asking 'fuddy' questions again?

Poetry; pen is mightier than the sword.

It only takes more time  Cool
drizzle2405
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2016, 07:46:12 PM

as

Yup

yup you are spot on, Silk is the Arch  Grin

So when DRKSLK ICO goes berserk, everyone better hold onto their SLK, because it's going to the next Galaxy.

traK4Ubitl

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 07:46:26 PM

as

So basically darksilk will be backed by fanboy bag holders.. not tangible assets.  Sounds great.
traK4Ubitl

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 07:47:09 PM

Poetry; pen is mightier than the sword.

It only takes more time  Cool

Yeh I thought there was a big announcement again today.   What was that?
Orestes

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 07:48:16 PM

as

Yup

yup you are spot on, Silk is the Arch  Grin

So when DRKSLK ICO goes berserk, everyone better hold onto their SLK, because it's going to the next Galaxy.

Thats what I will be doing, to each his own.
There might be a stabilisation period where fud might get the better of some but in the end DarkSilk will be like a currency and Silk like an asset, thats the bottom line. The exact working of it will be published later.
traK4Ubitl

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 07:50:08 PM

There was a countdown... What was that countdown to?  Yet another botched release?
Orestes

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 07:53:53 PM

as

So basically darksilk will be backed by fanboy bag holders.. not tangible assets.  Sounds great.

lol, we have plans for that too, but that is for another time.
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 07:56:01 PM

There was a countdown... What was that countdown to?  Yet another botched release?

I was expecting a release today, all I saw was a pump and dump.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

oneoff

Activity: 148
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 07:56:13 PM

i have big news then yours!!!market price drop like hell!im lose over 2btc! im glad i sold when price down to 17 but hey im still losing !!!!!!  Huh Huh Huh Huh Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Some friendly general trade advises/reminders
-   Never invest more than you can afford to lose
-   Buy the rumor, sell the news (very applicable on today’s trade)
-   You haven’t loosen anything until you sale your share. If you hold, chances are quite higher that you will gain some profit comparing to selling at a loss

Looking forward for the information regarding DRKSLK ICO at the end of this month.

Maybe I should code a Tipping bot, instead of these well-known DDos bots. I would tip your Wallets until these were overloaded.
drizzle2405
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2016, 08:03:01 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2016, 08:52:57 PM by drizzle2405

365k buy order @ 4 BTC...  Not exactly chump change...  Watching closely.

I wish him the best of luck, the trend has been unforgiving this month.

Any specific day for info release...  Like a kid waiting on a new video game release lol...

Before the beginning of next week, we will give an exact time the day before.

Trak, with how much you follow the forum there is no way in hell you didn't see this post and the multiple others stating it was an information release.  Give me a break....

EDIT:  Of course no response back because he seen the post...  It's one thing to be on the fence about something, it's another to flat out bullshit lie.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: