Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:45:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD THREAD] Silk Network: Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver  (Read 77020 times)
Take the red pill

Activity: 416
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 05:08:36 AM

So what can we expect for sunday?

- SLK release
- Official website
- Weaver?
- Start of ICO Darksilk?
- Blockchain for SLK?
- More info (whitepaper)?
- Other?

I am aiming for Sunday/Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday in terms of actual release. But yes, all of the above.

what about POW? When will it start? with wallet realse?
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 06:24:53 AM

Ok, thanks for the info regarding the wallet. I mean I kind of like the old wallet but it needs some small fixes.
Waiting for the news about the project at large

Yoshinori

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 06:40:25 AM

- SLK release
- Official website
- Weaver?
- Start of ICO Darksilk?
- Blockchain for SLK?
- Other?

I am aiming for Sunday/Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday in terms of actual release. But yes, all of the above.

what about POW? When will it start? with wallet realse?

It will start with the darksilk release, stick arround to be one of the first to find out Wink
Orestes

Activity: 441
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 12:24:33 PM

- SLK release
- Official website
- Weaver?
- Start of ICO Darksilk?
- Blockchain for SLK?
- Other?

Is there anything we can do to help?

Yes, and this is to everyone silently lurking. If we want this project to grow and mature into a decentralised entity then we are dependent on helping hands. I remember back in 2014 after the initial developer left, a lot of enthusiasm surged once it was decided that community members would take over under the lead of Arteleis. (notice the mention Roll Eyes )

Now, in 2016, after a large part of the development had to take place behind closed doors by a small group to ensure focus and pace, we should broaden our scope a bit to things outside of development. If the community is willing to be more involved again, any skillset could be a welcome addition, privmsg me if you think you can contribute.

Solero

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 01:39:03 PM

What positions or tasks lay ahead short and long term?
Orestes

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 03:28:20 PM

What positions or tasks lay ahead short and long term?

This might be hard for some, but it is up to us ourselves to think of ways in which we can contribute. I can not possible comprehend your skillset or the tasks that could be done by you, only you can do that. The question from me to you, what do you feel like doing?
SLievensDRKSLK (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2016, 06:23:57 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2016, 08:12:36 AM by SLievensDRKSLK

Difficulty Adjustment Proposal

This is to deter manipulation by miners.

This will cause DGW3 to look at the last 675 blocks and then adjust difficulty.

675blocks * 64seconds = 12 hours

Fun number:

Prime factorization of 675:
33 × 52
(3 × 3 × 3 × 5 × 5)

Code:
unsigned int static DarkGravityWave3(const CBlockIndex* pindexLast) {
    const CBlockIndex *BlockLastSolved = pindexLast;
    const CBlockIndex *BlockReading = pindexLast;
    int64_t nActualTimespan = 0;
    int64_t LastBlockTime = 0;
    int64_t PastBlocksMin = 675; // ~12 Hours
    int64_t PastBlocksMax = 675; // ~12 Hours
    int64_t CountBlocks = 0;
    uint256 PastDifficultyAverage;
    uint256 PastDifficultyAveragePrev;

if (BlockLastSolved == NULL || BlockLastSolved->nHeight == 0 || BlockLastSolved->nHeight < PastBlocksMin) {
        return Params().ProofOfWorkLimit().GetCompact();
    }

for (unsigned int i = 1; BlockReading && BlockReading->nHeight > 0; i++) {
        if (PastBlocksMax > 0 && i > PastBlocksMax) { break; }
        CountBlocks++;

if(CountBlocks <= PastBlocksMin) {
            if (CountBlocks == 1) { PastDifficultyAverage.SetCompact(BlockReading->nBits); }
            else { PastDifficultyAverage = ((PastDifficultyAveragePrev * CountBlocks) + (uint256().SetCompact(BlockReading->nBits))) / (CountBlocks + 1); }
            PastDifficultyAveragePrev = PastDifficultyAverage;
        }

if(LastBlockTime > 0){
            int64_t Diff = (LastBlockTime - BlockReading->GetBlockTime());
            nActualTimespan += Diff;
        }
        LastBlockTime = BlockReading->GetBlockTime();

if (BlockReading->pprev == NULL) { assert(BlockReading); break; }
        BlockReading = BlockReading->pprev;
    }

uint256 bnNew(PastDifficultyAverage);

int64_t _nTargetTimespan = CountBlocks * Params().TargetSpacing();

if (nActualTimespan < _nTargetTimespan/3)
        nActualTimespan = _nTargetTimespan/3;
    if (nActualTimespan > _nTargetTimespan*3)
        nActualTimespan = _nTargetTimespan*3;

// Retarget
    bnNew *= nActualTimespan;
    bnNew /= _nTargetTimespan;

if (bnNew > Params().ProofOfWorkLimit()){
        bnNew = Params().ProofOfWorkLimit();
    }

return bnNew.GetCompact();
}

Thoughts? Reasons for, reasons against.....
Xtrata

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 12:30:05 PM

Is it set so SLK will be able to traded the same day as it goes live or do we need to wait a few days for Poloniex to fix it? Dont really want to change to SLK before it got a market up to trade with.
SLievensDRKSLK (OP)

Activity: 490

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2016, 02:01:54 PM

Is it set so SLK will be able to traded the same day as it goes live or do we need to wait a few days for Poloniex to fix it? Dont really want to change to SLK before it got a market up to trade with.

All of this will be arranged, Poloniex have been notified some time ago about the planned release and are simply waiting in the stalls.
xnyz

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 02:53:04 PM

All of this will be arranged, Poloniex have been notified some time ago about the planned release and are simply waiting in the stalls.

Thank you, i was just wondering the same.
Orestes

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 04:09:54 PM

Because the swapping period is indefinite you could always postpone your swap, until the market shows on Poloniex.
OrsonJ

Activity: 597
Merit: 253

... and the swarm is headed towards us

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2016, 04:30:35 PM

- SLK release
- Official website
- Weaver?
- Start of ICO Darksilk?
- Blockchain for SLK?
- Other?

It's going to be a very exciting week!

Zano alias: @orsonj  |  Twitter: @Cryptoschild
drizzle2405
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2016, 05:51:37 PM

- SLK release
- Official website
- Weaver?
- Start of ICO Darksilk?
- Blockchain for SLK?
- Other?

It's going to be a very exciting week!

Hells yea...

traK4Ubitl

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 07:26:16 PM

So to be clear.

The original plan was to launch everything at the same time.   Which is not happening.  The launch will be the less developed 'silkcoin' (compared to the amount of development in darksilk -not to be released at this time) and the (silk) weaver inc. .. so the big question is that my contacts at poloniex have not heard anything about users being forced to withdraw all of their coins to the mysterious weaver and have no plans of listing the (new) silk chain. 
    it is possible who i know does not know of silk incorporated conversations with poloniex help desk..

will this turn into a tale of two chains? Same as ETH and  ETC? silk incorporated clearly does not have the keys to thr current chain, (have asked multiple times to post an update on silk temple) so im finding it difficult to understand how they will pull thr market on polonieX and why poloniex would be interested in having all.silk holders withdraw their entire balances to.be traded on the new exchange the silkweaver.

I know everyone here hates me but ive been posting point blank questions and allegations that piss the test of you off because you are all bagholders.  I am also a bagholder.. of the ORIGINAL silkchain saved by arteleis bishop.and palm detroit.

Please confirm that poloniex has allowed you to strip all silk balances from their exchange and agreed to starting a new market so invenstors can prepare.  Im a purist but also a realist, so please disclose the plans for the swap.  Free swap on poloniex or swap for fees on the corporate weaver.

Ps.  Do not just answer part questions here or call me a troll or a liar.  Please answer this with intelligence and not ego and greed.

traK4Ubitl

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 07:45:11 PM

Ok, thanks for the info regarding the wallet. I mean I kind of like the old wallet but it needs some small fixes.

And yes it has been mentioned multiple times.that the current chain and wallet are beyond ***kd.. yet it continues to run perfectly, trade perfectly, transact perfectly, stake perfectly.. and yes only requires a couple fixes.  But again this development team calls it abandoned. Is bitcoin abandoned because Satoshi is not here? No.  But can fork it and becomes an altcoin.  So with Silkcoin and SILK which is the current ticker to become thr name of the currency with a new ticker SLK.. how does this differ from the ETC/ETH scenario apart fron the overall prehistoric tech..
   Please provide details of the new silk.  As i understand it is sinply a fork of blackcoin, with very little features beyond that if any.

If anyone is interested in developing on the currebt chain please pm me.  I will get the keys to the silkcoin temple when i see arteleis again.  And i will hand then to the developer who has honor integrity skill and love for the work that has got us all here.

This would bot affect the current development of SILK, but would pteserve the 'legacy' of what got us to this point.  Please remember this tean in two years have releaaed nothing but a block explorer   i am concerned that the current market will be ***cked up by this release by veing delisted and having to be voted back ib which will leave all.us bagholders on some.shit exchange with worthless coins.

If this sounds lije a joke or I am ridiculed for these questuons and proposition i will gladly dump my silkcoins and.move.on.
Xtrata

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 07:49:19 PM

And yes it has been mentioned multiple times.that the current chain and wallet are beyond ***kd.. yet it continues to run perfectly, trade perfectly, transact perfectly, stake perfectly.. and yes only requires a couple fixes.  But again this development team calls it abandoned. Is bitcoin abandoned because Satoshi is not here? No.  But can fork it and becomes an altcoin.  So with Silkcoin and SILK which is the current ticker to become thr name of the currency with a new ticker SLK.. how does this differ from the ETC/ETH scenario apart fron the overall prehistoric tech..
   Please provide details of the new silk.  As i understand it is sinply a fork of blackcoin, with very little features beyond that if any.

If anyone is interested in developing on the currebt chain please pm me.  I will get the keys to the silkcoin temple when i see arteleis again.  And i will hand then to the developer who has honor integrity skill and love for the work that has got us all here.

This would bot affect the current development of SILK, but would pteserve the 'legacy' of what got us to this point.  Please remember this tean in two years have releaaed nothing but a block explorer   i am concerned that the current market will be ***cked up by this release by veing delisted and having to be voted back ib which will leave all.us bagholders on some.shit exchange with worthless coins.

If this sounds lije a joke or I am ridiculed for these questuons and proposition i will gladly dump my silkcoins and.move.on.

You sound like a joke and very desperate to see this fail for some reason, several things that you ask for or actually most have been answered already but you are either ignorant or just lazy to read it. Time goes, SLK will come with Weaver and DrkSLK, if you do not like it thats too bad for you.
drizzle2405
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2016, 07:51:41 PM

Trak is high as a kite...  He can't spell worth a go to shit...

I can't even make out a paragraph of what you are talking about bro.

Xtrata

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 07:52:07 PM

It is kinda funny tbh-  Grin
Orestes

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 08:05:34 PM

traK4Ubitl, why are you so desperate to see this fail? This project is a continuance of what was started by Arteleis, but for some reason you don't want any of it. Just don't dump your bag, be nice to your friend and give them to him.

traK4Ubitl

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 09:02:36 PM

Right.  Answer the question about the swap.  Deal was when silk was launched poloniex would give us x amount of days to withdraw our coins before they are worthless.  Seems important dont ya think?
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: