Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:50:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD THREAD] Silk Network: Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver  (Read 77020 times)
traK4Ubitl

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 05:28:17 PM

I know it's off topic, but does anyone see BTC testing the $1200 range again?  To me looks like it crushed long time resistance lines... Also I think this could be the beginning of the China global economic meltdown...  By October I believe we are in for a world of shit again with the global economy thanks to China.
That would be a great boost for the crypto movement

Anything is possible with the BTC price but I doubt $1200, Tend to agree that China is going to tank here shortly.

Looks like BTC still ripping it up!  Prediction might not be far fetched in a couple more months.
what the hell happened to ETH.  I never invested...but geeez 30% down or more is crazy.

Have you not heard?
Massive security hack, see http://www.businessinsider.com.au/dao-hacked-ethereum-crashing-in-value-tens-of-millions-allegedly-stolen-2016-6?r=UK&IR=T

Son of a bitch!!!!!!!  wow...thats crazy.  Great thats exactly what crypto need is more drama! 

Don't worry crypto is always drama.  Lots to come.  Speaking of drama..  where'd the devs go? No commits in three weeks and issues months old.  This thread has turned into a bitcoin and ethereum thread since I left. Haha

Silkcoin.  Dead? Dropped below 500 hmmmm maybe 100 the floor? Gonna get worse before better by the looks of it.. No active development.. 'legacy' dead coin..

Any keys to the silkcoin temple yet or is that still a lie? Talking with some developers to take over the silkcoin project.  I have no idea what SILK or Darksilk is as it doesn't exist. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
traK4Ubitl

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 05:32:28 PM

Whatever.

I think there should be more discussions about creative stuff like what this project is going to be and less try to justify anything in front of a single guy who came here only to make a mess in this thread.

You can shove it up your puckered hockey puck. There is no point in creative talk as it is worthless.  The current creativity is dead. Blame me if you like or blame your useless devs.

If you like I can come up with a creative idea!

Development!

Hahhahaha

Yeh that's just a joke.  There ain't no development here.  Just smoke and mirrors, corporate whores and failure.   It's all good bro.  I'm gonna take over this project when it fails.  Or wait...

It already is failing! Hmmmmm
Orestes

Activity: 441
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 10:24:18 PM

Whatever.

I think there should be more discussions about creative stuff like what this project is going to be and less try to justify anything in front of a single guy who came here only to make a mess in this thread.

You can shove it up your puckered hockey puck. There is no point in creative talk as it is worthless.  The current creativity is dead. Blame me if you like or blame your useless devs.

Development!

Hahhahaha

Yeh that's just a joke.  There ain't no development here.  Just smoke and mirrors, corporate whores and failure.   It's all good bro.  I'm gonna take over this project when it fails.  Or wait...

I guess we have to suffer you for a bit longer... but thats ok i've grown to like you  Cool
nemgun

Activity: 882
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2016, 10:29:08 PM

So regarding the posts in this page, this project is dead ? i also loocked for some info on coinmarketcap, nothing. Dead coin, is it possible not to pump it ?
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 11:09:22 PM

So regarding the posts in this page, this project is dead ? i also loocked for some info on coinmarketcap, nothing. Dead coin, is it possible not to pump it ?

Not quite actually, its price is quite stable actually ...

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
traK4Ubitl

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 11:49:44 PM

Sure.  Every pump will be another person to exit as fast as you pump.  10btc got no where fast. Lol
traK4Ubitl

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 11:50:58 PM

Whatever.

Development!

Hahhahaha

I guess we have to suffer you for a bit longer... but thats ok i've grown to like you  Cool

Well thanks I kinda like you too.  You're smart enough to build a spaceship... maybe do that.. and then take SILKCOIN to the mooooon forget sILK take that to the dump
Orestes

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 12:04:08 AM

No the project is very much alive. Read the OP to this thread. The project is on low profile until there is more certainty in release dates, just tune in from time to time and see if something changes.
traK4Ubitl

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 12:30:29 AM

Not really fell to 446.   First time below 500 in a long time.  If nothing is happening.  Trust me we gonna see 200
traK4Ubitl

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 12:31:47 AM

No the project is very much alive. Read the OP to this thread. The project is on low profile until there is more certainty in release dates, just tune in from time to time and see if something changes.

Oh yeh tons changes... no active dev, no commits dead thread talking about ethereum and bitcoin price lol nothing to tune into really
Orestes

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 01:13:46 AM

Not really fell to 446.   First time below 500 in a long time.  If nothing is happening.  Trust me we gonna see 200

Then I'll just grab some more  Grin
CryptoVote

Activity: 229

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 01:26:41 AM

Oh yeh tons changes... no active dev, no commits dead thread talking about ethereum and bitcoin price lol nothing to tune into really

This PR contains a commit from 2 days ago:  https://github.com/SCDeveloper/DarkSilk-Release-Candidate/pull/236

The PR doesn't work but I am actively working on it.  I am trying to update our hash algorithm code to use the new Argon2d from the P-H-C repo (https://github.com/P-H-C/phc-winner-argon2).  Our current Argon2d code causes compile issues on Windows.

traK4Ubitl

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 02:37:40 AM

This PR contains a commit from 2 days ago:  https://github.com/SCDeveloper/DarkSilk-Release-Candidate/pull/236

The PR doesn't work but I am actively working on it.  I am trying to update our hash algorithm code to use the new Argon2d from the P-H-C repo (https://github.com/P-H-C/phc-winner-argon2).  Our current Argon2d code causes compile issues on Windows.
"Yes, it does NOT work. Do no merge at this time.

Warning, do not merge. Does not work. Just want to review the changes online to see why it is failing.
This pull request does not work. It causes a segfault due to
Argon2 generating a different genesis block hash each time."

Looks great.  Why argon2d anyways? It won a competition? It alienates miners except for you guys with all your buddies and cheap GPUs?  Sigh goooo Silk! Mooooooon
traK4Ubitl

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 02:38:07 AM

Then I'll just grab some more  Grin

Weak hands weak hands! Haha
CryptoVote

Activity: 229

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 04:15:13 AM

This PR contains a commit from 2 days ago:  https://github.com/SCDeveloper/DarkSilk-Release-Candidate/pull/236

The PR doesn't work but I am actively working on it.  I am trying to update our hash algorithm code to use the new Argon2d from the P-H-C repo (https://github.com/P-H-C/phc-winner-argon2).  Our current Argon2d code causes compile issues on Windows.

Warning, do not merge. Does not work. Just want to review the changes online to see why it is failing.

Looks great.  Why argon2d anyways? It won a competition? It alienates miners except for you guys with all your buddies and cheap GPUs?  Sigh goooo Silk! Mooooooon

We had a mining algorithm expert (Wolf) select it with specified parameters like number of lanes and memory consumption.  

I have one crappy GPU in my Linux dev box and the rest SHA and Scypt ASICs humming in the background.  How does an Argon2d hash algorithm alienate miners?  If successful, there will be ASICs developed.  No algorithm is ASIC resistant.

You say you want to take over Silk but never offer any meanful input or insight; just coarse critisim.  You know what they say about critics?  Are you really a great programmer?  Where are your commits?

SLievensDRKSLK (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2016, 06:26:20 AM

This PR contains a commit from 2 days ago:  https://github.com/SCDeveloper/DarkSilk-Release-Candidate/pull/236

The PR doesn't work but I am actively working on it.  I am trying to update our hash algorithm code to use the new Argon2d from the P-H-C repo (https://github.com/P-H-C/phc-winner-argon2).  Our current Argon2d code causes compile issues on Windows.

Looks great.  Why argon2d anyways? It won a competition? It alienates miners except for you guys with all your buddies and cheap GPUs?  Sigh goooo Silk! Mooooooon

We had a mining algorithm expert (Wolf) select it with specified parameters like number of lanes and memory consumption.  

I have one crappy GPU in my Linux dev box and the rest SHA and Scypt ASICs humming in the background.  How does an Argon2d hash algorithm alienate miners?  If successful, there will be ASICs developed.  No algorithm is ASIC resistant.

You say you want to take over Silk but never offer any meanful input or insight; just coarse critisim.  You know what they say about critics?  Are you really a great programmer?  Where are your commits?

Not worth our time or effort to reply to him. Just ignore him, we all know what he says is just to spark a reaction either from us or the community. Everyone can see we are working and active, sadly this user doesn't understand how to use GitHub nor does he know how to talk to people correctly or participate in a group/community. He simply won't be happy until we have launched, it is as simple as that. There are annoying people and then there is trak4Ubitl. He is either paid to enter the thread and cause issues or he is that stubborn and ignorant to not see the work being put in, in both cases he can literally %^&* and off.

Picking at the algo, picking at GitHub, picking at anything he can possibly pick at. Maybe look at your posts, yourself, your intention and start to analyse your own life and pick that apart instead. We are ALL bored of you and none of us are listening to your pathetic attempts at wavering the community or their trust/confidence in the project.

YOUR BORING MATE, GO FIND ANOTHER THREAD TO ANNOY.
Orestes

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 08:42:18 AM

As a hardware developer as well, you're almost correct on the algorithm portiion - unfortunately, that only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. Tthere's no such thing as ASIC resistance. The CPU you mine on is an implementation of general purpose shit on top of ASIC shit, to put it very simply. Anything a CPU/GPU can do, an ASIC can do better, given enough money.

Now, here's where your logic breaks down: The point was never ASIC resistance - it was to make ASIC development and production unprofitable for an extreme amount of time, ideally such that most of the coins have been emitted before this.

The cool thing is that everytime traK4Ubitl bashes dev credibility, a credible dev speaks up. In time the chance that the project is not just vaporware becomes 1, even for traK4Ubitl. His grievances, as he mentioned before, are not really with the team.

How long until ALL the cards are on the table? Time is not on your side traK4Ubitl!
nlrobbie

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 02:50:08 PM

Is it possible that my wallet isnt syncing?
andrepierre

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 02:55:57 PM

did you try to add some nodes?
Orestes

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 03:47:37 PM

did you try to add some nodes?

or add silkexplorer.silknetwork.org as a node
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: