Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:01:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD THREAD] Silk Network: Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver  (Read 77020 times)
Orestes

Activity: 441
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 08:22:52 AM
Last edit: July 18, 2016, 08:54:00 AM by Orestes

Most of the people that got burned by the dump after the so called "pump" (wouldn't even call this a pump) are those that wanted to make fast profit.

There was no promise of a release of anything more than information about Silk's future, if you are not sure about what is coming, it is easy to just ask.

Althought in my opinion, the release of the news could have been better and more simplified, because I dont think I was the only one not really getting the concept of everything said there. This could also be one of the reasons why a few people sold their coins because they simply did not understand the news.

A lot of people that invest in coins just want easy and understanable news that leaves no doubt about their investment.

I ran the text by a few people and was comforted that the idea was explained well enough, and simplified enough, so i ran it with confidence. No regrets there, just need to deal with the reaction which happened to have blowback. The direction/focus is clear now, that is most important.

There are bound to be questions, raise them if you have any.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xtrata

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 09:32:09 AM

Most of the people that got burned by the dump after the so called "pump" (wouldn't even call this a pump) are those that wanted to make fast profit.

There was no promise of a release of anything more than information about Silk's future, if you are not sure about what is coming, it is easy to just ask.

Althought in my opinion, the release of the news could have been better and more simplified, because I dont think I was the only one not really getting the concept of everything said there. This could also be one of the reasons why a few people sold their coins because they simply did not understand the news.

A lot of people that invest in coins just want easy and understanable news that leaves no doubt about their investment.

I ran the text by a few people and was comforted that the idea was explained well enough, and simplified enough, so i ran it with confidence. No regrets there, just need to deal with the reaction which happened to have blowback. The direction/focus is clear now, that is most important.

I think I got a grip on how it will work so I feel confident that this will be something very good even if it will take time to kick in.Im holding and will keep doing so.

About the text that you ran by a few people, even so it might not been good/clear enough in this case but that's my opinion, since you felt good with it obviously you should go with it.

And thanks for your dedication tho, it is great to have someone here answering almost at all times.
Orestes

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 09:49:49 AM

I think I got a grip on how it will work so I feel confident that this will be something very good even if it will take time to kick in.Im holding and will keep doing so.

About the text that you ran by a few people, even so it might not been good/clear enough in this case but that's my opinion, since you felt good with it obviously you should go with it.

And thanks for your dedication tho, it is great to have someone here answering almost at all times.

Thank you for the kind words.
Dimitry

Activity: 896
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 09:51:10 AM

Extremely poor form.

I totally agree, a lot of new investors/potential supporters got fucked in the ass yesterday.

Very poor form indeed.

As someone who has been holding/following for nearly 1 year, I'm upset at the tactics used yesterday.

Shame on everyone involved.

I agree all trust is gone and will have a hard time to recover
OrsonJ

Activity: 597
Merit: 253

... and the swarm is headed towards us

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2016, 09:58:25 AM

Extremely poor form.

I totally agree, a lot of new investors/potential supporters got fucked in the ass yesterday.

Very poor form indeed.

As someone who has been holding/following for nearly 1 year, I'm upset at the tactics used yesterday.

I honestly wonder what reality some of you guys are living in.

Zano alias: @orsonj  |  Twitter: @Cryptoschild
Orestes

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 10:01:05 AM

Extremely poor form.

Very poor form indeed.

All trust isn't gone, we only had a big correction due to those taking a profit. It has lessened yes, but that is always the case after a spike. This has no bearing to the project though, we will be steadily marching on! (little bit of wordsmithing for trak Grin)
nethack

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 10:14:54 AM

rip silk..price so fuckin bad 900sat!  Shocked lol

if im still holding some of it maybe im gonna kill my self right now!but hey im still losing!!!!give me back my 2btc!! Angry Angry Angry Angry
Orestes

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 10:17:08 AM

rip silk..price so fuckin bad 900sat!  Shocked lol

if im still holding some of it maybe im gonna kill my self right now!but hey im still losing!!!!give me back my 2btc!! Angry Angry Angry Angry

Relax, invest some time into reading what the project is about. You will soon find out that while the urge to profit took you here, you've found something much more worthwhile Wink

In the OP you can find the white paper to DarkSilk by clicking on the first image. Today you've bought into its future success, sound investment you will see!
nethack

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 10:19:14 AM

Extremely poor form.

Very poor form indeed.

no need to recover..silk already dead.move on  Angry Angry Angry
Xtrata

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 10:20:36 AM

RIP? It barely started, the price is back to what it was 4-5 days ago, it is your own responsibility when you do trades, if you sold or bought at a high price that is noone elses fault.

Do not listen to FUD, trading advices by others and research before investing.
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 10:24:31 AM

I replied to your private message Orestes, thanks for taking the time to involve us.
Anyway, I would feel you need to be like this with everybody else not just us.

As I said I'm still staking and leaving my coins on the wallet to support the network.

Following as usual but with both eyes wide open
nethack

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 10:32:24 AM

RIP? It barely started, the price is back to what it was 4-5 days ago, it is your own responsibility when you do trades, if you sold or bought at a high price that is noone elses fault.

we are investor assholes not stupid miner like you!!no investor no money dumbfck!!your coin is useless if we wont buy it! gtfo

Angry Angry Angry

Msile

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 10:34:49 AM

Extremely poor form.

Very poor form indeed.

Pumps n dumps always happen in crypto. If you're not aware of pump n dumps you shouldn't invest in crypto.
Msile

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 10:35:52 AM

It's still more than 2 weeks ago. I sold most above 1400, I've made a lot of profit and am now gonna buy back. Just buy more if you believe it is worth more.
Xtrata

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 10:40:00 AM

we are investor assholes not stupid miner like you!!no investor no money dumbfck!!your coin is useless if we wont buy it! gtfo

Angry Angry Angry

You do not need to insult even if you are upset. Btw Silkcoin is full PoS so no Im not a miner, take the advice and learn something from it instead.
Pr0metheus

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 10:45:18 AM

rip silk..price so fuckin bad 900sat!  Shocked lol

Angry Angry Angry

I agree the tactics that are used are not good for the trust and will shake the "good"people out.
seems like the silk team is very naive and careless about how the markets work and the respons of the public and only fill it with nice words.

We will see what happends, but to invest in it for a longer period of time i;m not sure at this point.
traK4Ubitl

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 11:06:01 AM

Extremely poor form.

Yeh poor form indeed.   Sorry guess it only appeared that there would be a release today.. me and others must have been mistaken.   So 50 btc or so worth of investors got kicked in the face.  Thats fantastic.

And nobody has stilled explained the great announcement of the day you guys were counting down the hours to? I saw the pretty picture but I didn't notice it saying anything new or definitely not worthy of a countdown...
Orestes

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 11:10:45 AM

Extremely poor form.

Yeh poor form indeed.   Sorry guess it only appeared that there would be a release today.. me and others must have been mistaken.   So 50 btc or so worth of investors got kicked in the face.  Thats fantastic.

And nobody has stilled explained the great announcement of the day you guys were counting down the hours to? I saw the pretty picture but I didn't notice it saying anything new or definitely not worthy of a countdown...

We can agree that, in your understanding, that Silkcoin used to be a simple chain brushed aside to be replaced by DarkSilk right?
Can you answer me what Silk is to you when talking about the Silk Network?

I'll run you through to see if you get the picture.
Pr0metheus

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 11:32:19 AM

Its a kind of ironic that they want price stability in the weaver
but dont care about the market as it is now.

Little kids playing around in the playground.
Orestes

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 11:51:06 AM

Its a kind of ironic that they want price stability in the weaver
but dont care about the market as it is now.

Little kids playing around in the playground.

Stability throgh Weaver, once it's here

I can see you driving by:

Keep on driving though, we'll be marching, steadily, increasingly, to the goal  Cool
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: