Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 06:06:19 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dash: The Future Internet Of Money?  (Read 15512 times)
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 10:03:26 PM

Dash is a fraudulent enterprise.

Coming from you this is really so so funny.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 10:35:08 PM

Dash can never succeed mainstream. It will forever be held back by the past history this kind of thing will never be hushed up now

Too many people are aware of the fact it was a scam. Sorry! Dash !

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=995710.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=560138.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=559028.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1173474.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1034864.0

Eventually Dash will be taken down by one of its clones that have no scam start to forever hold it back.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2016, 11:45:25 PM

dnet and others are out. These are fair(er) versions of dash. Looks for them. More will start to flow out soon I'm sure.

Find the fairer clones and support them. Even dashers should realise a 0.001% stake in dash can buy you a 01% stake in the clones. Far better chance of big returns.
Do they have a world-class dev team and a professional, devoted community? I'll stick with Dash. I know a winning team when I see one.

Dash has a mere 28 contributors.  If that's "world-class" then what are Bitcoin (325 contributors) and Monero (41)?  Galaxy class?   Tongue

Does Dash has a "world-class dev team?"  No, it doesn't.

A "world-class dev team" doesn't royally screw up a change to Litecoin's difficulty algorithm, then deploy it without testing, then refuse to relaunch with fair notice after fixing the instamine "bug."

A "world-class dev team" wouldn't rip off CoinJoin, then refuse to talk to the creator of said technique about technical matters but insist on using his name for snake-oil marketing.

A "world-class dev team" doesn't offer financial advice by make rosy price predictions based on TA tea leaves, nor would they promote Masternodes using claims of high yields for an unlicensed investment product.

A "world-class dev team" wouldn't make a product that actual world-class devs GMAX and PTOD refer to as "bad crypto" and "broken."

Of course there's no question the DashHole community of bagholders is devoted to a cult-like level, but that's more creepy, unsettling, and (paraphrasing GMAX) depressing about the general state of humanity than a feature.

The most noticeable thing about DashHoles vs Bitcoiners (and especially Monero Mustangs) is they tend to lack a background in crypto and be more towards the low-information, socially constructed reality dwelling end of the spectrum, as opposed to the uber-nerd/power-geek/egghead/cypherpunk types you find being excited about esoteric concepts like ring signatures and 100% fungibility.

Dash goes out of its way to pander to the dim-witted and/or lazy thinking of those who don't understand all the technical jargon and just want to believe in a brand that makes them feel safe, while still appealing to their sense of greed by promising (or at least implying) a Business Opportunity to Get Rich Quick.

When we see such blatant fraud we are compelled to cry fraud, lest we also be frauds.
I feel much hate in you. I'm sorry your efforts are not going to be appreciated. Only focusing on the negative leads to health problems, and you won't get me to go down that path. We have a 5000+ thread that documents all of the positive things Dash has done, and that's where I choose to focus. Thank you for bringing that list to us though, It proves that no one is perfect.

What else you got?

My token post was only a tiny subset of the things wrong with Dash.  We can also discuss how a "world-class dev team" wouldn't use a crappy algo like X11, how lame and transparently self-serving Duffsplanations for the instamine are, how vertoe quit because of Dash's one-man dictatorship, etc.

Then there's the ridiculous 24+ hour mixing times, the lack of sendmany, the failure to deliver promised Masternode blinding, the endless moving goalposts and complete lack of follow-though on previous commitments, the defense of Cryptsy, etc.

And that's not all.  I can do this all day; you DashHoles make it way too easy.   Smiley

Accusing me of "hate" isn't really the most effective way to deflect attention away from the myriad widespread criticisms of Dash's instamine, bad crypto, snake oil marketing, etc.

But I understand your target audience is the low-info type you want to keep in the cargo cult, not high-info types who already know Dash is a fraudulent enterprise.

Coming from you this is really so so funny.

Again with the deflection in the form of attacking the messenger.  I like how you imply an appeal to hypocrisy, but don't have the courage to elaborate beyond the insinuation.

To be clear, it's not just silly old *me* that finds Dash to be a fraudulently instamined shitcoin of the scummiest magnitude.

The criticisms of Dash are not all coming from me.  I'm using external sources of expertise such as GMAX and PTOD.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 03:17:10 AM
Last edit: April 09, 2016, 03:49:23 AM by TPTB_need_war

Do they have a world-class dev team and a professional, devoted community?

Correct, Dash does not have.

...its creating a self-supporting and self-expanding ecosystem as well.

Like Tao said, the team Dash has gathered is amazing.  They're nice enough to let me hang around and watch what's going on, and I gotta tell you, it's hard to keep up with their brilliant ideas.  Evan just posted this:

You're on the right track! Imagine instead of just proposals and contracts, we also have category, group, user, company, project, project-report and project-milestone. Then the governance system (what was previously the budget system) will explicitly have a system for tracking what's happening in our economy that we're funding. Imagine the system knows when reports are due, if companies are behind on their milestones...etc. It's the autonomous part of our decentralized autonomous organization. Next we fund other DAOs into existence. I think we'll be able to manage thousands.

This whole structure I'm building is done using a self-referencing tree, so we'll have companies, that can own companies, that have people working for them. These are also the same users for evo, parts of this tree can be flagged to be stored in DashDrive instead of our governance mempool.

This is a huge upgrade by the way. If I'm going to touch the budget system, I'm going to make it as perfect as possible before we continue on. This is a vastly important part of our system.

Now if that doesn't send shivers down your spine, well.... you must not understand.

Shudders not shivers. Evan doesn't understand how to generate network effects.

By running all investment through a funnel which siphons the community wealth through the masternode scam, he is actually killed the network effects.

Dalmation Dogecoin imitation gimicks notwithstanding.

It is really hiralious. Please let Evan continue to clusterfuck his Dash scam.

The instamine means nothing.  Not only were most of those coins sold off, and bought and sold multiple times, it really doesn't matter.

IANAL, yet appears the end game is perhaps jail time for him and perhaps all you pumpers as well who continue to spread illegal prospectus.

The team behind Dash, including myself, is relentless and will not stop until we reach our goals. If a certain aspect of Dash threatens our survival, make no mistake, we will make every attempt and due diligence until it is fixed. There are no such flaws right now.

The "features" you tout are flaws and you don't even realize it. That is how hopelessly clueless your "worm-class" development team is.

TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 03:50:17 AM

Thank you guys so much for the free thread bumps.

You're doing me a favour, generating link clicks to an article which quite rightly describes the current state of affairs between Dash and Bitcoin, with Dash currently having the upper hand due to superior technology with self governance and funding.

All of your attempts to rehash every little negative or pseudo-negative event in Dash's history is having the desired effect for me. My website which is a wealth of information about Dash is seeing a lot of action thanks to you.

Please continue your school-boy bully tactics while I continue to interest people in Dash and Dash Nation.

Really, stand up job!

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 03:51:29 AM

...with Dash currently having the upper hand due to superior technology with self governance and funding.

Liar. Illegal hype.

TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 04:02:48 AM

...with Dash currently having the upper hand due to superior technology with self governance and funding.

Liar. Illegal hype.
It's not all sunshine and roses for Dash as I mentioned. We have a huge network effect hole to climb out of. But by making crypto easier to use for the masses with Evolution, combined with future mobility to make timely decisions through the DGBB, we will continue to take bites out of Bitcoin's market cap.

Hey, I heard that you can break InstantX. When can we expect that to happen? I will personally tip you if you do it. Don't disappoint me. Generalize this said you could.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 04:05:53 AM

...how vertoe quit because of Dash's one-man dictatorship, etc.

Kyle Hagan (aka InternetApe) quit. Apparently vertoe is a different person. Vertoe was quoting Kyle.

Eventually Dash will be taken down by one of its clones that have no scam start to forever hold it back.

Incorrect, because the only reason for Dash's existence is the scam. Clones would have nothing worth speculating on, unless they copy the masternode scam.

I believe what I am working on will kill Dash and most of the other altcoins, but we will have to see if that ever comes to fruition.

Dash eventually dies by eating itself. Meaning once the insiders run out of sufficient new virgins to rape, they will turn on each other. That when they will reveal the dirty inside secrets especially as plea bargains to escape jail time if the prosecutions begin.

TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 04:08:27 AM

...how vertoe quit because of Dash's one-man dictatorship, etc.

Kyle Hagan (aka InternetApe) quit. Apparently vertoe is a different person. Vertoe was quoting Kyle.

Incorrect, because the only reason for Dash's existence is the scam. Clones would have nothing worth speculating on, unless they copy the masternode scam.

I believe what I am working on will kill Dash and most of the other altcoins, but we will have to see if that ever comes to fruition.

Dash eventually dies by eating itself. Meaning once the insiders run out of sufficient new virgins to rape, they will turn on each other.
An excellent hypothesis! Please elaborate! I'm rapt with anticipation. The rumours are true, you truly are a genius!

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 04:10:09 AM

Liar. Illegal hype.
It's not all sunshine and roses for Dash as I mentioned. We have a huge network effect hole to climb out of. But by making crypto easier to use for the masses with Evolution, combined with future mobility to make timely decisions through the DGBB, we will continue to take bites out of Bitcoin's market cap.

Hey, I heard that you can break InstantX. When can we expect that to happen? I will personally tip you if you do it. Don't disappoint me. Generalize this said you could.

Taoway is that you? you're the guy that first broke the darkcoin scam are you not? Are you the same person? I heard that you are.

You are the one we should all be thankful to for bringing the outright scam to our attention. You probably helped us stop Dash becoming a MUCH larger problem.

It is you I know it.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 04:11:49 AM

Taoway is that you? you're the guy that first broke the darkcoin scam are you not? Are you the same person? I heard that you are.

You are the one we should all be thankful too for bringing the outright scam to our attention. You probably helped us stop Dash becoming a MUCH larger problem.

Was he bought off to stop attacking? Attack to force Evan to sell you some cheap DRK and in exchange you agree to become a pumper. Not beyond the realm of plausibility. Only they know.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 04:14:09 AM

You are the one we should all be thankful too for bringing the outright scam to our attention. You probably helped us stop Dash becoming a MUCH larger problem.

Was he bought off to stop attacking?

haha no, Taoway just reminded me that darkcoin was Xcoin. I then realised that scam coin xcoin had just rebranded itself as darkcoin and thought it my responsibility to bring it to the boards attention in a large way. It all started over a discussion of x11 if I remember.

But this taoofsatoshi pops up right about the time Taoway left the board and deleting all of his posts.

I assumed he was secretly anti dark back then. I am almost certain he is now. Who else would keep making us revisit the dark scam threads over and over on the main board.

They should weed him out as soon as possible. Paying him off over time maybe the only way. He is relentless in his darkcoin hatred.

This is the new anti dasher attack vector they pretend to be pro dash and say crazy things like there was no scam or the tech is great. Then just wait for the facts to roll in proving that it is a scam and the tech nothing special over and over.

TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 04:17:26 AM

Was he bought off to stop attacking? Attack to force Evan to sell you some cheap DRK and in exchange you agree to become a pumper. Not beyond the realm of plausibility. Only they know.
Gentlemen, you're losing focus! I'm Dash, remember? I'm the bad guy. It doesn't matter who I was or will be, just that here and now I represent Dash. Can we get back to the regurgitation and ad hominem attacks? It's what you guys are best at.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 04:22:54 AM

Gentlemen, you're losing focus! I'm Dash, remember? I'm the bad guy. It doesn't matter who I was or will be, just that here and now I represent Dash. Can we get back to the regurgitation and ad hominem attacks? It's what you guys are best at.

Are you Taoway ? yes or no? come now be honest. Stop hacking away at Dash like this. Don't you think you have damaged their project enough? You indirectly orchestrated the largest darkcoin dump in history.

I knew when you said you were leaving this board you were kidding.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 04:26:06 AM

I found a high school level probability math error in the InstantX white paper that had been there for a guess roughly a year and nobody had done the peer review. So this tells you there is no world-class development team.

The white paper was claiming astronomical odds of colluding masternodes able to corrupt the InstantX transactions. I showed the probability was much more reasonable. I forget the exact quantification, but it roughly dropped in the range of a some akair double-digit percentage of the masternodes would enable corrupting afair single-digit x% of the InstantX transactions.

So the difficulty in attacking that version of InstantX (assuming it hasn't been somehow improved in some yet undocumented manner) is I need to acquire the masternodes and then I need to do the development coding. I would thus risk destroying the value of all that DRK locked up for masternodes because the price of DRK would likely plummet if I attack it. I don't know if there is any way for me to short DRK with sufficient size and liquidity and also why would I want to risk a short position on trying to prove this? I have neither the funds nor time to waste on that when working on my project is worth $millions to me in opportunity cost. I have said that in the future if Dash is not already dead and I have $millions, then I will likely pay a hacker to destroy Dash because I view it (my opinion) as an major scam that is defrauding our community.

The reason the InstantX flaw (and other flaws) matter is because:

1. It exemplifies how inept the Dash development team is. There are surely more flaws lurking that no one has peer reviewed.

2. If Dash scales up, then there will be many hackers with the motivation to attack it and short it. So these flaws although not worth any of us attacking now, actually insure it is quite implausible that Dash could ever scale up to do anything in real adoption. Also the masternode scam violates the principle of trustless, non-centralization which is necessary to promote network effects (i.e. for others to invest their company in your technology).

On top of that, afaics (based on limited information Evan has released) Evolution is flawed and really doesn't solve any problems of scaling. I will wait until after it is released to explain why. So that will be hanging over your head.

TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 04:33:29 AM

If you need an introduction...

My name is Tao Of Satoshi, which means the way of Satoshi. That is why I support Dash, as I feel it is the true digital cash that Satoshi envisioned. Decentralized, trustless, instant and private. Bitcoin has run into problems with centralization in development and funding. Keeping things decentralized is crucial to Satoshi's vision and Dash keeps it that way with all features running through the Masternode network.

Evan Duffield, contrary to popular opinion here, is a genius in the fields of crypto and finance. He and the Dash team have served decentralization well, and will continue to do so with Evolution. No Blockstreams or MITs in the Dash ecosystem, just cold hard Dash from the blockchain.

Achieving our goal of being the Internet Of Money will be hard, but certainly attainable due to our many advantages I described in my article in the OP.

TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 04:45:30 AM

I found a high school level probability math error in the InstantX white paper that had been there for a guess roughly a year and nobody had done the peer review. So this tells you there is no world-class development team.

The white paper was claiming astronomical odds of colluding masternodes able to corrupt the InstantX transactions. I showed the probability was much more reasonable. I forget the exact quantification, but it roughly dropped in the range of a some akair double-digit percentage of the masternodes would enable corrupting afair single-digit x% of the InstantX transactions.

So the difficulty in attacking that version of InstantX (assuming it hasn't been somehow improved in some yet undocumented manner) is I need to acquire the masternodes and then I need to do the development coding. I would thus risk destroying the value of all that DRK locked up for masternodes because the price of DRK would likely plummet if I attack it. I don't know if there is any way for me to short DRK with sufficient size and liquidity and also why would I want to risk a short position on trying to prove this? I have neither the funds nor time to waste on that when working on my project is worth $millions to me in opportunity cost. I have said that in the future if Dash is not already dead and I have $millions, then I will likely pay a hacker to destroy Dash because I view it (my opinion) as an major scam that is defrauding our community.

1. It exemplifies how inept the Dash development team is. There are surely more flaws lurking that no one has peer reviewed.

2. If Dash scales up, then there will be many hackers with the motivation to attack it and short it. So these flaws although not worth any of us attacking now, actually insure it is quite implausible that Dash could ever scale up to do anything in real adoption. Also the masternode scam violates the principle of trustless, non-centralization which is necessary to promote network effects (i.e. for others to invest their company in your technology).

On top of that, afaics (based on limited information Evan has released) Evolution is flawed and really doesn't solve any problems of scaling. I will wait until after it is released to explain why. So that will be hanging over your head.
Nice post. You know your shit. But I will tell you the same thing I told generalize this. Until someone actually attacks Dash and breaks it, these statements are conjecture.

But another thing while we're on the topic... Why don't you present these findings to Dash for a reward? If you are right and this is an attack vector, I will personally submit a proposal to pay you for your trouble. See, Dash isn't all bad.

And another thing. These scams that you guys are screaming everywhere about? I wasn't here for the instamine, was I scammed? If Dash's beginnings were flawed and a few people got that many coins, that means that they will work like hell to improve the project. I personally would not begrudge Evan if he becomes the next Bill Gates. There are Dash for sale right now, people that buy these Dash and join Dash Nation are going to be part of a community with leaders that are passionate, talented AND motivated. Make no mistake, it's not too late to make money with a Dash investment. I wouldn't have started the Tao Index if I thought differently.

Some say scam, but where are the victims? That's where that argument fails.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 05:00:04 AM

I wouldn't be aspiring to imitate Dogecoin:

I thus suggest an idea for a new metric for ranking altcoins.

Sqrt(M x H)

M = Mean transactions fees paid per unit time to decentralized proof-of-work miners
H = hash rate (normalized in electricity cost per hash to SHA256).

Using M = Sent avg. per hour, H = Hashrate (normalized):

Coin |Relative Adoption |Ratio |Adoption-adjusted Market Cap
1.Bitcoin6.5×10¹²1$6.4 billion
2.Namecoin8.6x10¹⁰1/76$85 million
3.Ethereum6.6x10¹⁰1/99$65 million
4.Litecoin1.3x10¹⁰1/500$13 million
5.Dash9.8x10⁹1/663$10 million
6.Blackcoin7.4x10⁸1/8784$0.7 million
7.Dogecoin6.1x10⁸1/10656$0.6 million
8.Auroracoin5.8x10⁶1/1120690$5,931

I edited the table above so readers can see the "Adoption-adjusted Market Caps".

You can see how pitiful the altcoins are.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 05:05:26 AM

Nice post. You know your shit. But I will tell you the same thing I told generalize this. Until someone actually attacks Dash and breaks it, these statements are conjecture.

But another thing while we're on the topic... Why don't you present these findings to Dash for a reward? If you are right and this is an attack vector, I will personally submit a proposal to pay you for your trouble. See, Dash isn't all bad.

And another thing. These scams that you guys are screaming everywhere about? I wasn't here for the instamine, was I scammed? If Dash's beginnings were flawed and a few people got that many coins, that means that they will work like hell to improve the project. I personally would not begrudge Evan if he becomes the next Bill Gates. There are Dash for sale right now, people that buy these Dash and join Dash Nation are going to be part of a community with leaders that are passionate, talented AND motivated. Make no mistake, it's not too late to make money with a Dash investment. I wouldn't have started the Tao Index if I thought differently.

Some say scam, but where are the victims? That's where that argument fails.

Some say scam  ....heehhe the vast majority say scam for one good reason and that is because darkcoin/dash is a proven scam

1. the miners were promised a fair and open launch

they got a closed captive instamine. - they were scammed.

2. the minting was stated to be X they then slashed X by 75%

they lied and deceived again

anyone that was hoping to mine the on the other 75% that was removed was lied to and scammed out of a fair chance to mine.

3. the price is a scam, anyone buying now should have been able to buy at a much lower price if the distribution was wider

Anyone who googles dash or darkcoin is immediately faced with the facts it was a scam.

They immediately see these threads

and after reading them any logical and sane person would conclude it's a scam.

So read those again. You are the founding father of those threads. Without you those threads may well not exist. You are a credit to the crypto community. Even now you are there providing opportunity to bring those threads to the attention of new people who could have missed out on the chance to educate themselves regarding the scam coin dash.

Can you link to those on your twitter feed? Just say it got hacked or something if dashers notice.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 05:09:46 AM

No
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: