Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:49:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 [529] 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 ... 822 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚡[ANN]⚡ ▐░Espers [ESP]░▌▐░PoW/PoS░▌▐░HMQ1725 Algo░▌ ▐░New Features░▌  (Read 923774 times)
micdvd85

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

BAM

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 02:15:42 PM

Yea i have about 4mil but nothing either, but as it has been said many times before, we need to let the PoS difficulties level out before we have a chance to stake. currently the super wallets with 100's of millions of esp are sucking up all the staking.
staking is working well, wallet with 100+ might stake more that 4 mill wallet it is ok, it's not normal when 4kk wallet got more than 100kk can gain (4kk=~$20)
got first stake on fresh wallet btw! go ESP go! Smiley

12.000.000 here and also nothing. But yes, pos wallet is taking a huge part of it.

I have almost 14 mil in my wallet and I have yet to get a POS reward.
Have you consolidated them, or there are many smaller amounts?

They are all from 1 transaction so they are all in one lump
BelgianBoy

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 02:21:25 PM

Yea i have about 4mil but nothing either, but as it has been said many times before, we need to let the PoS difficulties level out before we have a chance to stake. currently the super wallets with 100's of millions of esp are sucking up all the staking.
staking is working well, wallet with 100+ might stake more that 4 mill wallet it is ok, it's not normal when 4kk wallet got more than 100kk can gain (4kk=~$20)

Distribution doesn't seem to be fair. U need to make high POSers dump, thereby taking out their huge bags and giving them to handicapped guys who are in love with this coin but can't afford to buy more than a few pennies worth of it. Let's clear this town from fat rats with 100 million espers in their wallets, to let average joes buy a little bit of this shit for themselves. Small hodlers should balance out these huge stakers.

LoL, about what are you gonna complain after that? Before there was a guy that mined millions and millions in one day, i didnt complain. He had better gear than me, thats life. I bought when the swap was busy. Took the coin with buying to 1sat almost. If you cant buy, start mining, if you cant. Make profit and buy more. If you cant spare 20€ or $ to invest than you shouldnt. But as you stated yourself: to let average joes buy a little bit of this shit for themselves . Novaexchange isnt closed cause its easter. There's enough for sale. Was thinking myself to by those 100mil on sellside. But have enough for now, but i wouldnt wait to long if i was you.

Yes it's me, the former ESP Billionaire. Sold some to build 5rigs with 30 GTX1070 Wink. Still big believer and very big bag holder. Want the same? Buy and hold!
dox-ua

Activity: 237
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 02:25:22 PM

Distribution doesn't seem to be fair. U need to make high POSers dump, thereby taking out their huge bags and giving them to handicapped guys who are in love with this coin but can't afford to buy more than a few pennies worth of it. Let's clear this town from fat rats with 100 million espers in their wallets, to let average joes buy a little bit of this shit for themselves. Small hodlers should balance out these huge stakers.
You bro got ideas just like Vladimir Lenin got exactly 100 years ago Smiley
elbandi

Activity: 525
Merit: 529

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 03:05:22 PM

12.000.000 here and also nothing. But yes, pos wallet is taking a huge part of it.

it is not the same if you have one input tx with 14m coin, or you have 50 input txes with 28k coins!
micdvd85

BAM

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 03:06:11 PM

it is not the same if you have one input tx with 14m coin, or you have 50 input txes with 28k coins!

It's all one input... just 1, uno...
Lucky - Luciano

Activity: 711
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 04:52:36 PM

Total hashrate is 3 Mh / s and I have 1.7 Mh/s (1.3 Mh/s on the one rig + 0.4 Mh/s on the second rig). Yet, for round 2 hours I am not found nor one block. How it is possible?

Griffith
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 05:23:44 PM

He is saying it is the not the same if you have 14 million in 1 tx opposed to having 14 million in 280 tx's (50k each), which is true. the following explanations are a bit simplified and not 100% accurate but still makes the point:

if you have 14 million in 1 tx then your chances of getting a selected stake are 1 in X. if you have 280, then it is 280 in X. to counteract not getting selected (since PoS is % based) if you only have 1 TX you will get more coins out of a single stake than you would if you have 280. X (as used before) is the number of all stake-able transactions on the network that are at least MinStakeAge old (2 hours for this coin).

the older the transaction gets the large a multiplier it will have from the coinage during payout hance why i said it a single tx would be paid more (older transactions should also have a higher chance of being selected for stake, but i haven't looked at this specific coin to see if that was changed). so if there are enough transactions ready to stake on the network (and coin age isn't a factor in selection) and you don't have enough in your wallet it is possible that you will never stake. if coinage is a factor in selection then it will just take a long time until your transaction gets old enough to be selected so it wont be that you will never stake, but that it will be very infrequent (like once a month or something like that, maybe longer since there is a hard coded block time for esp).

the possibility to never stake is much higher if a single individual or small group holds a large % of the stakeable transactions. which i guess i should elaborate on a bit.
I'm sure everyone is familiar with 51% PoW attack where you get 51% of the networks hash and then you control the coin because you will mine a large majority of the blocks.

PoS has a similar attack but it is a little different.
A 51% attack on a PoS coin is not based on if someone has 51% of the mining hash (since there isn't any) or total coins owned but rather 51% of the networks staking weight where stake weight traditionally is a combination of number of stake-able transactions and those transactions stake weight.
(this percentage actually turns out to be much lower, someone did the math a while back and its more like 30-35% or something, maybe less. id have to find the link on bct again, peercoin forum also has a bit of documentation on this).
how does high stake weight attack a network? So for example PoSwallet, they hold a large number of transactions and probably a decent portion of the network stake weight, it is possible that people give up staking on their own wallets since PoSwallet is getting all the stakes and then send their coins to PoSwallet in hopes that they now will get a portion of each stake (or whatever PoS wallets payout system is) and then soon PoSwallet is the only one staking and controls the network.

I am NOT saying PoSwallet would ever hijack a network they are staking for, I'm just using them as an example
Hangterisaan

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 05:29:49 PM

Total hashrate is 3 Mh / s and I have 1.7 Mh/s (1.3 Mh/s on the one rig + 0.4 Mh/s on the second rig). Yet, for round 2 hours I am not found nor one block. How it is possible?

Time of mining is gone, at least for now. Can't even find as good as nothing with my 10500 kh/s. Better mine something else.
Slava_K

Activity: 677

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 05:55:53 PM

Time of mining is gone, at least for now. Can't even find as good as nothing with my 10500 kh/s. Better mine something else.
15 minutes 11mh - 2 blocks.

█████████████████████████████▒
               ▒███████████████████████████████▓░
             ▒████▓                         ░▓███▒░
         ░▒▓████▓                             ░▓███▓▓▒▒░
▓▓▓▓▓████████▓▒               ░░░▒▒▒▒▒░         ░▒█████████▓▓▓▓▓
████████▓▒                ░▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒         ░░▒▒████████
▓██▓                   ░▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓███▒░             ███▓
▒███                 ░▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█████▒░         ▓▓█░
░█▓█                ▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▓██░     ▓███
 ▓██▓             ▒██▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒░  ░▓█▓      ███▓
 ▒█▓█            ▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░░░░░▒▒░ ░▒░░▓███▓      ▒███▒
  █▓█▓          ▓█▓▒▓▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▓▒▒░░▒▒▓█████░      ███▓
  ▒█▓█░        ░██▓▓▒░░░░░░░░░▒▓▒░ ░░░ ░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓█▒█░     ▓███▒
   ▓▓▓▓        ███▒░░░░░▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓ █░    ▒███▒
   ░▓▓▓▓   ░▒▒ █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▒░▒░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓ ▒█    ░████
    ░▓▒▓▒ ░▓████▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒  ██   ░████
     ▒▓▓██  ▓████▓▒▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒▒░ ░██▒  ░████▒
      ▓████  ░██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░  ░███▓  ░████░
       ▒████   ▓█▓░█████▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▓████░  ▒████▒
        ░████▒  ▒░   ▒██████▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓██████▓░   ▓████▒
          ████▓         ░▒▓██████████████▓░░    ░████▓
           ▒████▒                              ▓████░
             ▓████░                          ▒████▒
              ░████▓░                      ▒████▓
                ░████▓░                  ▒████▓░
                  ░████▓░              ▒████▓
                     ░▓████▒          ▓████▒
                       ░▒████▓░    ▒████▓
                          ░▓████▓▓████▓░
                             ▒█████▓░
                               ░▒▒░
✬✬✬✬✬

[/cen
Lucky - Luciano

Activity: 711

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 06:00:51 PM

Then wallet does not show the real hashrate. I got out of this, it is not profitable for me. Thank you
Hangterisaan and Slava.
Hangterisaan

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 06:10:32 PM

Yeah, just right after the fork ifound 3. But last ten hours only about 20 blocks where found worldwide. I need 2.000.000 esp per day to even get close to what my other coins get me.
CryptoCoderz (OP)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 506

Coderz of the Crypto variety

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2017, 02:57:36 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2017, 06:50:00 AM by CryptoCoderz

He is saying it is the not the same if you have 14 million in 1 tx opposed to having 14 million in 280 tx's (50k each), which is true. the following explanations are a bit simplified and not 100% accurate but still makes the point:

if you have 14 million in 1 tx then your chances of getting a selected stake are 1 in X. if you have 280, then it is 280 in X. to counteract not getting selected (since PoS is % based) if you only have 1 TX you will get more coins out of a single stake than you would if you have 280. X (as used before) is the number of all stake-able transactions on the network that are at least MinStakeAge old (2 hours for this coin).

the older the transaction gets the large a multiplier it will have from the coinage during payout hance why i said it a single tx would be paid more (older transactions should also have a higher chance of being selected for stake, but i haven't looked at this specific coin to see if that was changed). so if there are enough transactions ready to stake on the network (and coin age isn't a factor in selection) and you don't have enough in your wallet it is possible that you will never stake. if coinage is a factor in selection then it will just take a long time until your transaction gets old enough to be selected so it wont be that you will never stake, but that it will be very infrequent (like once a month or something like that, maybe longer since there is a hard coded block time for esp).

the possibility to never stake is much higher if a single individual or small group holds a large % of the stakeable transactions. which i guess i should elaborate on a bit.
I'm sure everyone is familiar with 51% PoW attack where you get 51% of the networks hash and then you control the coin because you will mine a large majority of the blocks.

PoS has a similar attack but it is a little different.
A 51% attack on a PoS coin is not based on if someone has 51% of the mining hash (since there isn't any) or total coins owned but rather 51% of the networks staking weight where stake weight traditionally is a combination of number of stake-able transactions and those transactions stake weight.
(this percentage actually turns out to be much lower, someone did the math a while back and its more like 30-35% or something, maybe less. id have to find the link on bct again, peercoin forum also has a bit of documentation on this).
how does high stake weight attack a network? So for example PoSwallet, they hold a large number of transactions and probably a decent portion of the network stake weight, it is possible that people give up staking on their own wallets since PoSwallet is getting all the stakes and then send their coins to PoSwallet in hopes that they now will get a portion of each stake (or whatever PoS wallets payout system is) and then soon PoSwallet is the only one staking and controls the network.

I am NOT saying PoSwallet would ever hijack a network they are staking for, I'm just using them as an example

That is some GREAT information! Thank you Griffith for that insight (no sarcasm, being serious).

Couple things I did want to touch base on which I've highlighted bold in the above quote was that you stated you're not sure if the coin age is a factor for Espers.

The PoS implementation we're using for Espers is based off of Blackcoin (like I'm sure most PoS coins use as a reference for their implementation) in which case we've left the coin age factor alone, so in short coin age matters very much so. Well as much as you pointed out.

Also it does appear that there are community members that have either purchased ~100+ Mill to ensure they constantly receive a stake or they've pooled together in smaller amounts over at PoSWallet staking pool which I've sadly seen this happen to a few other PoS coins where now unless you have a fair amount staking doesn't occur as often as some would think/like.

Personally I have ~400 Million that I've purchased over time and it does stake periodically but these coins have also sat in my wallet for weeks/months lol so that also contributes to it. Mind you I have this wallet offline 90% of the time as I like to leave the network weight lower if I can to help others get some.

Overall this is something that I and the team will have to look into and resolve at some point so that staking this coin remains fun for everyone and not just the bag holders. However, at this point in time there are "bigger fish to fry" so to speak including the PoS-v3 update that is planned among many many other things that can be done to further improve functionality and security of Eserps [ESP]

One of the things we're also working on is getting Exchanges to stop using ESP2, which IS NOT our ticker, confusion of this of course arose due to the initial swap from the horribly old sourcecode base that you had helped us fix up in the past.

Anyway, again thanks for the info and it's good to see you around again Smiley

Then wallet does not show the real hashrate. I got out of this, it is not profitable for me. Thank you
Hangterisaan and Slava.

Well, it does... Hashrate is updated with every PoW block that is found, so if someone jumps on it with some crazy hashrate for example 40MHash/s it won't reflect this speed right away. It's something that all coins do.

Yeah, just right after the fork ifound 3. But last ten hours only about 20 blocks where found worldwide. I need 2.000.000 esp per day to even get close to what my other coins get me.

This definitely is NOT the coin for profit guys. I just wanted to state this. This is the coin you get in on because we won't stop working on it, and by we I mean the CryptoCoderz team, through the good the bad and the ugly we will remain here and continue make this project better. It's something to hang onto and watch. But PLEASE don't expect this to be "hey I'll earn 10x what I make from mining/minting".
Also mind you the price is very inexpensive which is nice because you can get into the project with little "risk" if any at all.

The goal with this (albeit quite delayed because we wanted to change the foundation behind the system) is to offer services on the blockchain and have ESP a way to pay to use them, within reason, hence the high coin count and such. If you're getting into the project right now in Alpha phase, then you're investing in what this project is to become. Not what it is now.

@CryptoCoderz  What's the invite link for Espers Slack channel?

Thanks Smiley

Shoot us your email through PM and we'll send you an invite, Slack is open to anyone who requests to be invited.

Done - thanks.

Invite sent, hope to see you around Smiley

@Everyone

We have confirmed it!
Espers will be getting an anniversary party over at https://thecryptochat.net/ this coming Friday (April 21st 2017) the fun will start @ ~12pm (noon) PST (Pacific Standard Time)
Later on in the event the team will be going live on the air at Flavorcoin Radio which is embedded in the website where the event is being held in the first place to ham it up with church the Flavorcoin dev and others.

This event also includes the opportunity to receive one of the many promo codes for the Espers faucet which is also hosted at thecryptochat.net and we'll be loading in a few million coins that will be handed out via these promo codes for the faucet during the event.

We hope to see you all there so set your calendars and check CryptoCoderz/Espers ESP twitter pages for more info Smiley In the meantime we'll be getting busy with fliers and promotional stuff to raise more awareness of this event.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▐░▌         
▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▐░▌         
▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▐░▌         
▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌
                  ▐░▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌
▐░▌              ▐░▌
▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▐░▌         
▐░▌         
▐░▌         
 ▀         

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▐░▌         
▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▐░▌         
▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌
▐░▌              ▐░▌
▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀█░█▀▀
▐░▌         ▐░▌ 
▐░▌          ▐░▌
▐░▌           ▐░▌
 ▀               ▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▐░▌         
▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌
                  ▐░▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▓▒░░ Secure Emailing
    ▓▒░░ Site-On-Blockchain
         ▓▒░░ Proof-of-Reliability
▓▒░░ HMQ1725
    ▓▒░░ CryptoCoderz
         ▓▒░░ Bitcointalk ANN
VersiJinx

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 10:01:32 AM

@CryptoCoders If anything, espers has definitely vastly improved my knowledge of PoS coins by your commentary, keep it coming!! it's very interesting to hear some of the tid bits that make the crypto world go round and I love the fact of getting this type of insight this frequently on my little investment.
kreatoralex

Activity: 1257
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 11:18:19 AM

I'm stuck on the block 667660

othell_rogue

Activity: 800
Merit: 143

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 11:42:51 AM

what is your latest client version?

kreatoralex

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 11:46:24 AM

Espers-qt (v0.8.5.4_Patch-6)

micdvd85

BAM

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 12:10:30 PM

You do not have the newest wallet.
gawlea

Activity: 756
Merit: 579

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 12:17:35 PM

Indeed! The latest client is v0.8.6.1. You can download it from here: https://goo.gl/G0l1oA
kreatoralex

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 12:23:40 PM

And that the new wallet, I have this wallet worked well until 16.04, 16 active connections, but stuck on the block

othell_rogue

Activity: 800
Merit: 143

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 12:34:58 PM

And that the new wallet, I have this wallet worked well until 16.04, 16 active connections, but stuck on the block

You are stuck because Wallet version v0.8.6.0 was a mandatory update, it was a softfork at block 667350. Update your wallet and all should be fine.

Pages: « 1 ... 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 [529] 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 ... 822 »
  Print  

Jump to: