Bitcoin Forum
July 11, 2024, 06:49:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 500 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ION [ION] | POS 3.0 | Mobile Gaming | Join the ionomy today!  (Read 473079 times)
o0o0
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 05:32:55 AM

There's literally nothing being marketed here...they're just listing random statistics (wtf do those gamer spending statistics have to do with ANYTHING) and using fancy words to describe another random crapcoin:

Players receive token called “electrons” to reward their accomplishments in solo games and in sponsored tournaments. The electrons encourage increased engagement because they can be used in games and on the ionomy.com platform. On the website, they will be a coveted asset because they help investors earn ION more quickly. As players engage with ionomy.com through the platform and social games, they earn reputation opening up further incentives and opportunities to redeem reward.

ok, so you hold a bunch of random coins like every other crypto

The ionomy.com platform also offer a full featured financial platform that’s easy to use. Web-based wallets for both ION and Bitcoin (BTC) make it easy for users to store, send, and receive coin. Users can deposit ION into staking wallets to get more ION at fixed rates of return, paid daily. Users can trade Bitcoin and ION on a live exchange available on launch. The platform also allows instant conversion from most cryptocurrencies directly to ION.

wow a web wallet I don't have five of those bookmarked already

In addition to the web wallets on ionomy.com, individuals can store their ION on local private wallets. They are built for all major operating system. Anyone with their own wallet can earn ION staking rewards by keeping ION in their wallet and keeping their wallet connected to the internet. Intermediate and advanced users with 20,000 ION can host “masternodes.” Both wallets and masternodes help maintain and secure the network. They are rewarded with ION for that work. See the ION technical white paper for details.

OMG a desktop wallet too.  This is revolutionary!  And you even have the option of spending $5,000 to 'help maintain the network'

I must applaud you for the fine PR/design/marketing job. This was put together really well & if i hadn't actually read the walls of text on the site I might've thought 'investing' in this ICO was any excuse for a smart move!  Cheers Smiley

They are saying the web market profit is that and everyone will come to ionomy!!! fudder!!! they don't even state facts like if we could capture just 1% of that market it would mean x. They just go the gaming market is worth $10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 invest in ionomy.
altheshort

Activity: 214
Merit: 113

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 09:56:18 AM

Well, it's been over ten days now and still no sign of the mythical Singapore business registration for either Ionomy PTE or XPY.io. Once again, I'm not claiming this is scam but it certainly doesn't reflect well on your business practices if you claim in your terms and conditions to be operating as a registered business and no such business actually appears to exist in any formal way.

With just over two weeks to go there's just a hair under half of the ICO coins remaining, which I suppose is a decent measure of the level of trust people have in this project.
CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1046

HODL

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 10:07:11 AM

Well, it's been over ten days now and still no sign of the mythical Singapore business registration for either Ionomy PTE or XPY.io. Once again, I'm not claiming this is scam but it certainly doesn't reflect well on your business practices if you claim in your terms and conditions to be operating as a registered business and no such business actually appears to exist in any formal way.

With just over two weeks to go there's just a hair under half of the ICO coins remaining, which I suppose is a decent measure of the level of trust people have in this project.

But, but, but there's a lot of people on Slack! One user popped up to give some sass to a user about something like that. They will pop up here to defend but answer one of the lingering questions? Nah, we don't deserve that. They've been scammed before, they are not automatically trustworthy.

altheshort

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 10:19:33 AM

But, but, but there's a lot of people on Slack! One user popped up to give some sass to a user about something like that. They will pop up here to defend but answer one of the lingering questions? Nah, we don't deserve that. They've been scammed before, they are not automatically trustworthy.

They've also now started up the 'iontalk' forum, which seems to be a direct replacement for hashtalk/talkXPY to allow the community to discuss ions with as little outside influence as possible.

I'm somewhat confused as to why, if this is indeed a legitimate venture, they seem to feel they will be successful unless they address the numerous causes for concern head on. In reality I feel that they're limiting their potential reach by allowing rumour and conjecture to circulate unaddressed.
Tips4TaT

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 11:04:36 AM

They've also now started up the 'iontalk' forum, which seems to be a direct replacement for hashtalk/talkXPY to allow the community to discuss ions with as little outside influence as possible.

I'm somewhat confused as to why, if this is indeed a legitimate venture, they seem to feel they will be successful unless they address the numerous causes for concern head on. In reality I feel that they're limiting their potential reach by allowing rumour and conjecture to circulate unaddressed.

www.iontalk.net was setup by a community member, they have no official forum… 
altheshort

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 11:36:25 AM

Sorry, by 'they' I meant the community, though it's quite hard to follow who is an 'official' and who is simply a community pleb on the slack channel.
CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 12:14:51 PM

Sorry, by 'they' I meant the community, though it's quite hard to follow who is an 'official' and who is simply a community pleb on the slack channel.

Smoke and mirrors. That's the way this crew has always operated.

Cayuga

Activity: 54

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 12:21:20 PM

All officials or team members on Slack have the handle '@ion_name', so every one else is a community pleb. So, it's quite easy now.
CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 12:54:47 PM

All officials or team members on Slack have the handle '@ion_name', so every one else is a community pleb. So, it's quite easy now.

But how do we know who they are on this thread? This isn't slack, it BitcoinTalk. If they don't want to show up here they should close the thread and keep the coin to its community of 200.

How is the ICO going? Any hard numbers and addresses we can see?

Cayuga

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 01:18:10 PM

But how do we know who they are on this thread? This isn't slack, it BitcoinTalk. If they don't want to show up here they should close the thread and keep the coin to its community of 200.

We should keep this thread open for maximum transparancy and for future reference. "ionomy" is the official team name here on BCT. The iON slack community is where all the creativity and fun happens, already existed before this thread, and open to everybody, as of today 229 members, including you.
altheshort

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 01:19:49 PM

I stand corrected. Thanks for this.

Questions still remain, however.
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 01:47:51 PM

Because they need to keep the true believers away from us trolls and fudders. It's our fault that GAW and paycoin failed. It wasn't the fact that hashlets didn't exist or that the $20 floor was impossible, it was the fact that we told everyone that to cut off cash flow to the ponzi.
CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 02:27:48 PM

We should keep this thread open for maximum transparancy and for future reference. "ionomy" is the official team name here on BCT. The iON slack community is where all the creativity and fun happens, already existed before this thread, and open to everybody, as of today 229 members, including you.

This thread should stay open for maximum transparency? LOL! The ION team is anything but transparent. Thanks for the laugh though.

And I'm not a member of that slack channel. Popped in for half a day. So that makes me a member? Sack is the WORST way to provid an information channel just as this.

How's the ICO going? Any hard number or addresses for us to analyze?

Cayuga

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 02:38:41 PM

Because they need to keep the true believers away from us trolls and fudders. It's our fault that GAW and paycoin failed. It wasn't the fact that hashlets didn't exist or that the $20 floor was impossible, it was the fact that we told everyone that to cut off cash flow to the ponzi.

Imho the mere existance of this thread emphasizes that there is no 'they' and 'us' for this ION ICO. A non-moderated thread on BCT was started, where any one can say what they want. Investors could base their decision to invest on this thread, but it is not the only source.
Arrakeen

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Offer escrow, receive negative trust

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 03:21:59 PM

There's literally nothing being marketed here...they're just listing random statistics (wtf do those gamer spending statistics have to do with ANYTHING) and using fancy words to describe another random crapcoin:

Players receive token called “electrons” to reward their accomplishments in solo games and in sponsored tournaments. The electrons encourage increased engagement because they can be used in games and on the ionomy.com platform. On the website, they will be a coveted asset because they help investors earn ION more quickly. As players engage with ionomy.com through the platform and social games, they earn reputation opening up further incentives and opportunities to redeem reward.

ok, so you hold a bunch of random coins like every other crypto

The ionomy.com platform also offer a full featured financial platform that’s easy to use. Web-based wallets for both ION and Bitcoin (BTC) make it easy for users to store, send, and receive coin. Users can deposit ION into staking wallets to get more ION at fixed rates of return, paid daily. Users can trade Bitcoin and ION on a live exchange available on launch. The platform also allows instant conversion from most cryptocurrencies directly to ION.

wow a web wallet I don't have five of those bookmarked already

In addition to the web wallets on ionomy.com, individuals can store their ION on local private wallets. They are built for all major operating system. Anyone with their own wallet can earn ION staking rewards by keeping ION in their wallet and keeping their wallet connected to the internet. Intermediate and advanced users with 20,000 ION can host “masternodes.” Both wallets and masternodes help maintain and secure the network. They are rewarded with ION for that work. See the ION technical white paper for details.

OMG a desktop wallet too.  This is revolutionary!  And you even have the option of spending $5,000 to 'help maintain the network'

I must applaud you for the fine PR/design/marketing job. This was put together really well & if i hadn't actually read the walls of text on the site I might've thought 'investing' in this ICO was any excuse for a smart move!  Cheers Smiley

They are saying the web market profit is that and everyone will come to ionomy!!! fudder!!! they don't even state facts like if we could capture just 1% of that market it would mean x. They just go the gaming market is worth $10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 invest in ionomy.

Thank you - glad I'm not the only one who sees no correlation between all the random statistics and this "ION" "product"

Even the very beginning of the OP:

ION is an all new cryptocurrency dedicated (so buy ION if you like videogames - that's it?) to mobile gaming, and most importantly: Fun. ION is for anyone who loves the internet, games, cryptocurrency, earning, and all things fun (but what does it do?).

Since its inception, Cryptocurrency has struggled to reach the masses due to its complexity and difficult barriers of entry. ION changes that. The objective of the ION is to make it easy for any user to enter the crypto space and allow them to learn in an incredibly intuitive and easy way (you literally buy and sell the same as any other crypto?). Multiple tiers of accessibility from mobile to desktop will make the platform an option for nearly all users of the internet (can't we already do that with countless coins that integrate mobile/desktop apps?).

To clarify - I have no reason to be talking negatively about this or any coin; I strive to be as neutral as possible.  But ION is asking for a very large amount of money for a service that's already available, and they're advertising this coin as if it will bring something new to the table in regard to gaming.  Using buzz words isn't cool when you have nothing to show for it...pretty much false advertising
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 8997

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2016, 04:47:22 PM

I got some chat archives from an anonymous source.

ionomy slack - "ion_talk_only" channel:

http://pastebin.com/CRgJvb0x

ionomy slack - "general" channel:

http://pastebin.com/VJBktYwS

Use at your own risk, I'm not responsible for the potential loss of your time, IQ, or BTC.
pcminerx

Activity: 57

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 05:11:55 PM

Use at your own risk, I'm not responsible for the potential loss of your time, IQ, or BTC.

Lol anonymous source. Suchmoon has an account there and was welcomed by the iON community some time ago to discuss things.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 8997

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2016, 05:30:00 PM

Lol anonymous source. Suchmoon has an account there and was welcomed by the iON community some time ago to discuss things.

Mighty nice of you to welcome me but I can't stand chats that scroll three pages up before I'm ready to post something. I like to take my time with my thoughts and grasp the context of where I'm posting it.

And this has nothing to do with the pastebins anyway. I couldn't find an easy way to export/search the history so somebody sent me some kind of a text dump, about a week's worth.
Tips4TaT

Activity: 47

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 06:28:29 PM

Looks like 5.4mil XPY burned since the (ION) ICO.

https://ledger.paycoin.com/charts/outstanding
Franz_Huber
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 06:52:45 PM

I am Josh Garza, creator of Paycoin, Hashlets, World of Hash and ION.
Proof:  JfpewfZj34534U2230fjsdkljfsd892305493M29klfsdmVfadsjfpasdfß34095rlCsdfjlsdjf

signes,
Josh <3

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 500 »
  Print  

Jump to: