Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:50:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 500 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ION [ION] | POS 3.0 | Mobile Gaming | Join the ionomy today!  (Read 473054 times)
rdewilde

Activity: 925
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 10:44:26 AM

Anyone got an opinion on the coding quality?
https://github.com/ionomy/ion

Better to tell now than later  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1042

HODL

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 11:18:01 AM

The rough start before the coin even launched just gives it more of the feel of a coin from the past. Not a good sign. Also, the fact they are launching a "gaming" coin with no games is not smart at all. This is the same situation as XPY, absolutely ZERO utility. Without the games, what is the point of ION?

The evidence of how poorly planned out this project is becomes more apparent every day. With no games the price is just gonna drop, and son the ICO investors will be screwed out of even more money.

Was it stated in the white paper that no games would be available upon launch? Was it stated anywhere in the ICO promotions that games for this "gaming" coin would not be available at launch? This all is super shady, but expected by this team of nice guys.

Cayuga

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 11:42:12 AM

The rough start before the coin even launched just gives it more of the feel of a coin from the past. Not a good sign. Also, the fact they are launching a "gaming" coin with no games is not smart at all. This is the same situation as XPY, absolutely ZERO utility. Without the games, what is the point of ION?

The evidence of how poorly planned out this project is becomes more apparent every day. With no games the price is just gonna drop, and son the ICO investors will be screwed out of even more money.

Was it stated in the white paper that no games would be available upon launch? Was it stated anywhere in the ICO promotions that games for this "gaming" coin would not be available at launch? This all is super shady, but expected by this team of nice guys.

It was never stated anywhere that games would be available upon launch of the coin. But you seem to be very excited, you want everything on day one of the coin launch?
CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 12:27:21 PM

Yes, https://ionomy.com/about/roadmap

You are at step 2) while everyone else is still at 1), but your point is valid. No games, no utility, not worth "anything" (yet).

Thanks for clarifying. With no games at launch it doesn't make much sense to buy into the ICO cause what is gonna cause the coin to rise? Nothing but dumb luck. But i would bet that the price will be significantly less than ICO prices before a game launches. Planning could have been much better, but I'm not nice enough to be trusted to run something like this😜

Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 12:46:52 PM

It was never stated anywhere that games would be available upon launch of the coin. But you seem to be very excited, you want everything on day one of the coin launch?

What is the point in launching a coin to be used in mobile games without any mobile games to use them on?

Now that we can see some action, why let's play with the blockchain.

Is there a point to the "nonstandard" 0 coin transactions on early blocks? Will they screw things up later on down the line?

Why are these POW coins being split to so many addresses already?

The OP said there were to be 5 million coins offered in the ICO, it didn't appear to sell 5 million coins, yet all 10,900,000 coins were minted anyway. Where are the leftovers? What will be done with them?

What is the purpose to the 3 addresses with over 2 million coins already? the next 4 with over 200k?
CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 01:28:35 PM

Enough with the forum rules already. It is getting exhausting. Let discussion about ION happen and let it happen the way it happens.

Would you mind displaying your credentials that give you the authority to violate them by posting off topic and to be the enforcer of them?

Phildo
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 01:39:13 PM

I do not see your point.

You disagree that losing 6 figures to Gaw makes you stupid, that's your opinion. I think that's relevant to this thread, and apparently the moderators do also since they came by last night and deleted one of your vulgar posts and my response to it.

Stop being a hero and let the thread take it's course. No one cares about your thoughts on the rules. You have claimed falsely that nothing was being discussed here, but that shows you aren't reading the thread, because lots of stuff about ION, which is the point of this thread, gets discussed when you aren't here. Stop posting about the rules, if you have a problem, get lost or push report.

We have plenty of questions about ION and we are going to post them here and discuss them how we or the moderators see fit.
boki15

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 01:47:55 PM

I do not see your point.

You disagree that losing 6 figures to Gaw makes you stupid, that's your opinion. I think that's relevant to this thread, and apparently the moderators do also since they came by last night and deleted one of your vulgar posts and my response to it.

Stop being a hero and let the thread take it's course. No one cares about your thoughts on the rules. You have claimed falsely that nothing was being discussed here, but that shows you aren't reading the thread, because lots of stuff about ION, which is the point of this thread, gets discussed when you aren't here. Stop posting about the rules, if you have a problem, get lost or push report.

We have plenty of questions about ION and we are going to post them here and discuss them how we or the moderators see fit.

I am not the hero, I have my opinion and will build it on my own, I do not care if you care about me at all, why do you care about me? I agree to the suggestion what about we should discuss here and if suchmoons means GAW thread is wrong place, then I agree, this would be correct one, otherwise no, it clearly is against the rules to post same thing 1000 times in different threads, ie. if you said that somebody is an idiot, link an post to it instead of saying it again. But lol, no rule discussion anymore, you are right, I will discuss my points with the thread mod and if I am not happy I'll continue asking, not worth to bother with me at all Smiley, just do not threat me like you do with so many here.

I am very happy that both posts have been removed which shows us that moderation is there and that there are rules for everybody, about everbody, we will see tooday.
ladrx

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 01:51:45 PM

"Ah, now eventually you do plan to have dinosaurs games for your, for your dinosaur tour gaming shitcoin, right?

Adam Matlack 1/5/2014: "Not but 30 seconds later, the Holy Spirit slapped me upside the head and said "what are you thinkin'? What are you doin'?" It was an emphatic "NO". And I got - just guilt started to cover me"
Phildo
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 01:55:54 PM

I do not see your point.

I am not the hero, I have my opinion and will build it on my own, I do not care if you care about me at all, why do you care about me? I agree to the suggestion what about we should discuss here and if suchmoons means GAW thread is wrong place, then I agree, this would be correct one, otherwise no, it clearly is against the rules to post same thing 1000 times in different threads, ie. if you said that somebody is an idiot, link an post to it instead of saying it again. But lol, no rule discussion anymore, you are right, I will discuss my points with the thread mod and if I am not happy I'll continue asking, not worth to bother with me at all Smiley, just do not threat me like you do with so many here.

I am very happy that both posts have been removed which shows us that moderation is there and that there are rules for everybody, about everbody, we will see tooday.

Stop libeling me, I have never threatened anyone.

I don't care about you at all, I care about you posting misinformation and that misinformation causing other people to lose money. So when you post something false, i will correct it.

Adam Matlack claims to have lost 6 figures in the GAW scam. He is the developer of this coin. If that statement is true he is not smart enough to run this coin and it's a bad investment. This has been shown to be a correct line of thinking by having to restart the blockchain and missing the the announced date of May 16 to distribute the coins.
korvas128

Activity: 1248
Merit: 583

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 02:06:59 PM

Enough with the forum rules already. It is getting exhausting. Let discussion about ION happen and let it happen the way it happens.

Would you mind displaying your credentials that give you the authority to violate them by posting off topic and to be the enforcer of them?

CryptoBuds How about you display your credentials, maybe that will help you put some perspective on your hard on against anything ION

Why can't boki15 post, you act like you own the fucking thread..... I demand this, I demand that, I'm getting no answers must be fraudulent..... you sound like Donald Trump's lovechild

Oh look now I see his other kids pipe in with their crap

If you can post your shit why can't he... oh yeah it's because he disagree's, Boki15 big mistake is thinking that he could have a debate on the coin

Anyway

Any coders out there wanna comment on the wallet the team have just posted. I'm no coder and would like to get some opinions.... looks pretty slick to me though I've no idea what it's like under the hood

Ionomy V3 for Wallets - Masternodes - Trading - Games
https://ionomy.com/en/aff/46cbe5fa1d262e23665191a7c7864072

For the few TROLLS left some inconvenient statements of FACT
https://news.ionomy.com/just-to-be-clear/
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2016, 02:20:04 PM

What is the point in launching a coin to be used in mobile games without any mobile games to use them on?

Is there a point to the "nonstandard" 0 coin transactions on early blocks? Will they screw things up later on down the line?

The OP said there were to be 5 million coins offered in the ICO, it didn't appear to sell 5 million coins, yet all 10,900,000 coins were minted anyway. Where are the leftovers? What will be done with them?

What is the purpose to the 3 addresses with over 2 million coins already? the next 4 with over 200k?

Their block explorer seems to be broken or at least very very dumb. For example this block:

https://ionchain.com/block/18a797b7e03b669de456791a65425e38cd5b823441623f59208b6e281dbf16b6

Doesn't have a POS block reward. Are they still running POW?

Also not quite clear how to see which nodes are masternodes. There are ~20 addresses with 20k+ in them, e.g.

https://ionchain.com/address/iUXBabuEA5vogPJdq8pRzJYsSRDuQJm1aK

One thing for sure - they are staking all coins, no cold storage:

https://ionchain.com/address/imR1kCRvFdTao2LrYoWJoFL7dMgnKm5p8S
https://ionchain.com/address/intRqDSfoXtf4s35VRqyqtCMafYnXfAAru
https://ionchain.com/address/ih4X5nhzYVi6Nd4tcGX1qvtC47dzdThZV8
https://ionchain.com/address/iU5GKr6ARyGHLMsSnQ4DCm6Zk9eQRKrQfZ
etc.
simdude

Activity: 97
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 02:27:25 PM

Their block explorer seems to be broken or at least very very dumb. For example this block:

https://ionchain.com/block/18a797b7e03b669de456791a65425e38cd5b823441623f59208b6e281dbf16b6

Also not quite clear how to see which nodes are masternodes. There are ~20 addresses with 20k+ in them, e.g.

etc.

ITs POW till block 2000. Just to make sure the chains moves. I dont know about storage. To see Masternodes you need to download the QT. This is my blockexplorer its just a modified Iquidus Explorer I did not spend to much time working on it besides getting it up.
Phildo
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 02:34:58 PM

etc.

ITs POW till block 2000. Just to make sure the chains moves. I dont know about storage. To see Masternodes you need to download the QT. This is my blockexplorer its just a modified Iquidus Explorer I did not spend to much time working on it besides getting it up.

If it's yours you might have some info. Why are some of the POW blocks not minting and rewards? Is this a mistake on the explorer, a mistake in the coin code, or part of the design? If part of the design what is the purpose?
simdude

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 02:38:40 PM

etc.

If it's yours you might have some info. Why are some of the POW blocks not minting and rewards? Is this a mistake on the explorer, a mistake in the coin code, or part of the design? If part of the design what is the purpose?

Why are some of the POW blocks not minting and rewards?
I am assuming they made it that the POW phase produces 0 block reward.
Is this a mistake on the explorer, a mistake in the coin code, or part of the design?
The Iquidus Explorer only shows blocks that have transactions in them. So a a block with 0.0 transactions which includes new coin or pos/pow it will not display that block. So till the POW phase is moved over i guess we will see a few blocks not show up. (Trust me i was like WTF when i started this up lastnight). I would look at the source code to see really why.
If part of the design what is the purpose?
All i know is it takes 31 block to mint coin. So the first 32 or so blocks would need another way besides pos to move the chains. Which would be POW. The point of POW for 2000 blocks is to make sure POS take over nicely which it seems it has. Its just a way to get the chain going and keep it moving and make sure pos takes over. (Per coin devs words)
Phildo
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 02:45:08 PM

etc.

I am assuming they made it that the POW phase produces 0 block reward. I would look at the source code to see really why. The Iquidus Explorer only shows blocks that have transactions in them. So a a block with 0.0 transactions which includes new coin or pos/pow it will not display that block. So till the POW phase is moved over i guess we will see a few blocks not show up. (Trust me i was like WTF when i started this up lastnight)

Several of the blocks have "minted" 23 coins, which appears to be a POW reward since the total coin supply is higher than the 10,900,000 premine. Just trying to figure out if there is any rhyme or reason to which blocks have a reward, and where they are going.
simdude

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 02:52:20 PM

etc.

I am assuming they made it that the POW phase produces 0 block reward. I would look at the source code to see really why. The Iquidus Explorer only shows blocks that have transactions in them. So a a block with 0.0 transactions which includes new coin or pos/pow it will not display that block. So till the POW phase is moved over i guess we will see a few blocks not show up. (Trust me i was like WTF when i started this up lastnight)

Several of the blocks have "minted" 23 coins, which appears to be a POW reward since the total coin supply is higher than the 10,900,000 premine. Just trying to figure out if there is any rhyme or reason to which blocks have a reward, and where they are going.

if you click on a block. It will tell you if its the coins generate where from POS or POW.
Phildo
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 03:02:35 PM

etc.

if you click on a block. It will tell you if its the coins generate where from POS or POW.

Ah, didn't know that, and didn't think to check that because POS wasn't supposed to start until block 2000. Can't find any now, but I'm pretty sure I saw some blocks that said "mint 23" after clicking on the "i" similarly to how block 1 minted 10,900,000 coins. The latest 23 coin transactions appear to be POS rewards (even though we aren't at block 2000) and don't have the word "mint" after you click on the "i."

What the hell is going on?
korvas128

Activity: 1248
Merit: 583

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 03:12:51 PM

CryptoBuds How about you display your credentials, maybe that will help you put some perspective on your hard on against anything ION

Why can't boki15 post, you act like you own the fucking thread..... I demand this, I demand that, I'm getting no answers must be fraudulent..... you sound like Donald Trump's lovechild

Oh look now I see his other kids pipe in with their crap

If you can post your shit why can't he... oh yeah it's because he disagree's, Boki15 big mistake is thinking that he could have a debate on the coin

Anyway

Any coders out there wanna comment on the wallet the team have just posted. I'm no coder and would like to get some opinions.... looks pretty slick to me though I've no idea what it's like under the hood

Awwww, buddy. I didn't mean to upset you on your big ION day. Today is the day correct? Oh wait, yesterday was supposed to be the day but there were issue. It will happen Soon for you guys, I just can feel it.

Will you be my friend?  You are a fiesty one, I like it!

And I am sorry if my postings are ruining the teams agenda...o well.

Oh dear looks like you've just been moderated..... I didn't complain.... someone must have found your language a bit too colorful 

Ionomy V3 for Wallets - Masternodes - Trading - Games
https://ionomy.com/en/aff/46cbe5fa1d262e23665191a7c7864072

For the few TROLLS left some inconvenient statements of FACT
https://news.ionomy.com/just-to-be-clear/
CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 03:24:35 PM

Not quite sure what you are talking about. But if it puts a smile on your face I'm happy to be moderated, whatever that means. Ah, that post. I deleted it myself. Thought it may have been too much information in one post for you to comprehend.

Anyway...

Is the team planning to store the bounty coins in a cold storage address?

Masternodes have variable returns. How does this work with fixed staker return? What happens if the Masternodes don't cover the stakers? What happens to the coins if it produces more than the staker payout?

Will you play the game of answering questions with me? Or will you now ignore me as I have asked some real questions again.

Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 500 »
  Print  

Jump to: