Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:42:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 500 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ION [ION] | POS 3.0 | Mobile Gaming | Join the ionomy today!  (Read 473054 times)
CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1042

HODL

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 11:40:58 AM

If they would publish their sourcecode, then we could easily look up. I do not trust just "saying" because ionomy platform and exchange seems to be the same engine. I cant say he is 100% and I cant say he is not, I have no proof now.

Well they are not going to come out and verify it so I guess it's worth dropping.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
boki15

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 11:46:21 AM

we will se if they publish it or not. There are always other ways to check it if they dont publish it, however, hiding it after raising this question from beginn on would be insane, but maybe you are right, I assume by time it will be sorted out.
CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 12:18:19 PM

It is pointless to pose questions in this thread. The team ignores them and let us speculate about them. Then they get pissed about the rampant speculation and send their members in to defend those speculations with aggressive words and strawman arguments. They will provide no transparency, no clarity and will try to obfuscate things as much as possible.

I'm not gonna ask anymore questions, the team won't answer them. I'm just here to watch things crash and burn. 500 members can't prop up the "Ionomy" for long. People aren't gonna be happy when their coins are with significantly less than ICO price. But then again, when the fearless leader questions why his used car doesn't retain value, well...enough said.

Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 12:33:55 PM

Phildo

What is there to disagree about? They said the first 2000 blocks would be Proof of Work with no reward. Block 1296 is one of many that has a 23 coin Proof of Stake reward. Is that an honest mistake? Was the first statement a lie? It's not an opinion it's a fact. Now, an opinion would be whether or not that's a big deal, and it may not be a b6ig deal, but it's still an issue. Your only hope for success is that they learned from the mistakes of paycoin, yet here we have the actual results not matching the promises that were given out before things started, and extra coins going into the hands of unknown people before everyone else gets a chance to get/stake any. Does that not sound familiar to you? are you really not worried about any of that?

Don't know the answer to this... don't think it's a mistake though. When you say 23 coin POS where are you getting the info from. I didn't think a block explorer was available yet.

If you had to guess, how many coins in total do you think were POS generated before block 2000. If I had to hazard a guess the POS coins were for testing, possibly to fund the electron element of a staker payout or to go into a bounty pot..... but like I said this is just a guess

If it's a real concern to you then you should visit slack and ask the question,

I'm not worried by this, I've been dealing with them for about a year with no problems. If you think there is a 1%+ chance of a scam then don't invest

BTW. Those images suchmoon is posting are taken from the Ionomy platform https://ionomy.com/. You'll need to sign up then you'll get access to those screens

I am not signing up for slack. I have barely even looked into this thing and seen enough red flags to stay away. They started this thread here, they're going to have to deal with the repercussions. The people inside the slack are either in on it or too brainwashed to see the light, just like the people in hasthalk and paycointalk and lendcointalk and all the other blablatalks where various stages of this saga have taken place. All I can do is point out the glaringly obvious problems that I can see from here, without even really trying, in hopes to keep other people out of the mess.

Here is block 1236
https://ionchain.com/block/73ce123f7b1fa011a1b4fb320fc7d10bad89dd0777e6a3efe5fe5c1b53b31311

Here is a transaction in that block that consists of nothing but a POS reward

https://ionchain.com/tx/8ba71247b921334e292050d72c1b508d5618c2c7866687361123fd00538bebfa

Now, the amount of coins generated via the POS rewards is trivial compared to the premine, but it still stands out as an issue to me. They said blocks 1-2000 would be POW. This is obviously not a true statement. There are two reasons that statement could be true. either they lied about 1-2000 being POW or there was a mistake in the code. You said you don't think it was a mistake, then it was a lie. Why lie about such a meaningless amount of coins? How many coins do they need for staking rewards? They had 2.5 million set aside at the start, plus all the coins allocated to the ICO that no one bought.

I am not signing up for slack because this is not really a major concern or me. I saw enough red flags from the original post in this thread to stop me from being invested. that isn't going to stop me from following along and asking the questions that I think would be important as we go along. If you have no problem with a coin that literally started with a lie/mistake (I would consider all the blocks pre-distribution of ICO coins the start) good for you, but I'm still going to point out the flaws that I see. Feel free to ignore them, but while you are sailing away on the glorious ship IONia keep your eye out for icebergs, because I feel like there will be a lot of them out there.
CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 12:37:57 PM

Phildo

What is there to disagree about? They said the first 2000 blocks would be Proof of Work with no reward. Block 1296 is one of many that has a 23 coin Proof of Stake reward. Is that an honest mistake? Was the first statement a lie? It's not an opinion it's a fact. Now, an opinion would be whether or not that's a big deal, and it may not be a b6ig deal, but it's still an issue. Your only hope for success is that they learned from the mistakes of paycoin, yet here we have the actual results not matching the promises that were given out before things started, and extra coins going into the hands of unknown people before everyone else gets a chance to get/stake any. Does that not sound familiar to you? are you really not worried about any of that?

Don't know the answer to this... don't think it's a mistake though. When you say 23 coin POS where are you getting the info from. I didn't think a block explorer was available yet.

If you had to guess, how many coins in total do you think were POS generated before block 2000. If I had to hazard a guess the POS coins were for testing, possibly to fund the electron element of a staker payout or to go into a bounty pot..... but like I said this is just a guess

I'm not worried by this, I've been dealing with them for about a year with no problems. If you think there is a 1%+ chance of a scam then don't invest

BTW. Those images suchmoon is posting are taken from the Ionomy platform https://ionomy.com/. You'll need to sign up then you'll get access to those screens

I am not signing up for slack. I have barely even looked into this thing and seen enough red flags to stay away. They started this thread here, they're going to have to deal with the repercussions. The people inside the slack are either in on it or too brainwashed to see the light, just like the people in hasthalk and paycointalk and lendcointalk and all the other blablatalks where various stages of this saga have taken place. All I can do is point out the glaringly obvious problems that I can see from here, without even really trying, in hopes to keep other people out of the mess.

Here is block 1236
https://ionchain.com/block/73ce123f7b1fa011a1b4fb320fc7d10bad89dd0777e6a3efe5fe5c1b53b31311

https://ionchain.com/tx/8ba71247b921334e292050d72c1b508d5618c2c7866687361123fd00538bebfa

Now, the amount of coins generated via the POS rewards is trivial compared to the premine, but it still stands out as an issue to me. They said blocks 1-2000 would be POW. This is obviously not a true statement. There are two reasons that statement could be true. either they lied about 1-2000 being POW or there was a mistake in the code. You said you don't think it was a mistake, then it was a lie. Why lie about such a meaningless amount of coins? How many coins do they need for staking rewards? They had 2.5 million set aside at the start, plus all the coins allocated to the ICO that no one bought.

I am not signing up for slack because this is not really a major concern or me. I saw enough red flags from the original post in this thread to stop me from being invested. that isn't going to stop me from following along and asking the questions that I think would be important as we go along. If you have no problem with a coin that literally started with a lie/mistake (I would consider all the blocks pre-distribution of ICO coins the start) good for you, but I'm still going to point out the flaws that I see. Feel free to ignore them, but while you are sailing away on the glorious ship IONia keep your eye out for icebergs, because I feel like there will be a lot of them out there.

Paycoiners don't realize that the majority of the iceberg is below water, out of sight. They base their investment decisions based on the visible part of the iceberg, which usually entails fancy words and promises from nice people.

Phildo
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 12:48:29 PM

Phildo

Here is block 1236

Paycoiners don't realize that the majority of the iceberg is below water, out of sight. They base their investment decisions based on the visible part of the iceberg, which usually entails fancy words and promises from nice people.

I see plenty of it above the water. The fact that people with actual money invested in these things can't see these things has always confused me when it comes to this forum.
skinnyboy

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2016, 01:23:21 PM

...a coin that literally started with a lie/mistake (I would consider all the blocks pre-distribution of ICO coins the start) good for you, but I'm still going to point out the flaws that I see.

If it was a mistake then it shows they aren't very good at coding their coin, which should be concerning for investors, if however, as you point out, it was a lie, then it'll be the second outright lie told.

Perhaps less meaningful than "We're a registered company in Singapore", given the apparently small number of coins, but a second lie nonetheless.

CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 01:58:50 PM

On slack, Matlack stated that the first 2000 blocks were POW/POS all along and he's not sure how people missed this.

Phildo
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 02:10:30 PM

On slack, Matlack stated that the first 2000 blocks were POW/POS all along and he's not sure how people missed this.

Probably the same way he missed saying that shit would get done on the 14th and the 16th, because the whitepaper is useless and nothing is actually written down in a way that's easy to find.

If he's not sure how we missed it, it shouldn't be that hard for him to show us where that was clearly stated.

Are we all in the matrix and had the same dream that staking and everything important would start after block 2000?

And if the first blocks were supposed to be POS the whole time why didn't every block have a reward?
rdewilde

Activity: 925

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 02:13:25 PM

anyone else put any thought into how easy it is for someone with no business financial sense or dev on coin experience to get people to jump on their ship to sail or sink?

i mean satoshi discussed decimal requirements for coin supply etc Nd most pos coins have a reason for supply rates etc.

huey aka adam matlack seems to have just randomly pipped numbers out for rates. have customers ever wondered why they do what they do and the lack of transparency to every facet of their plan? i know i am.

^^^ this.  Let's see the maths.  Someone, with some sort of basic grasp of economics, must have had some say in how the coin supply works, otherwise...

Well, I suspect it'll turn to shite anyway.  But I'd still like to see the maths and logic behind it.

I went into slack on one of the first few days of the thread and asked to see the maths and research they used to set the ICO price as well as an economic viability study. Got the typical run around.

Well, to debunk your assumption about bounties being ION only:

I get what you are saying. I think it won't be an issue. Or you get BTC. Or you get ION. Or you sell ION for BTC. Or...well...you sell the BTC for ION ;-)

rdewilde

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 02:17:54 PM

Are they not worried about the devs just instantly dumping their received ION bounty coins? I would venture to say this is exactly what would happen. A lot of devs wouldn't even touch it if they had to sell the coins. Would probably my lose too much value while dumping cause there is no volume. They will more than likely want BTC outright as they wont lose the value like dumping ION would.

I'm not convinced they thought this out properly. Not everyone in the crypto world is as thrilled about ION as the team and the couple hundred or so investors.

Nope. All bounties are public. If they are too high I guess theyll be discussed in public.

If a developer adds a feature to the coin, I think (s)he should be free to dump if (s)he want. Coindev is paid by the market, sounds fair to me (except that funds already available for development should be used too).

rdewilde

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 02:21:15 PM

It is pointless to pose questions in this thread. The team ignores them and let us speculate about them. Then they get pissed about the rampant speculation and send their members in to defend those speculations with aggressive words and strawman arguments. They will provide no transparency, no clarity and will try to obfuscate things as much as possible.

I'm not gonna ask anymore questions, the team won't answer them. I'm just here to watch things crash and burn. 500 members can't prop up the "Ionomy" for long. People aren't gonna be happy when their coins are with significantly less than ICO price. But then again, when the fearless leader questions why his used car doesn't retain value, well...enough said.

Although I'm not on the team, I can say it is a bit hard to find the questions in the topic with all the nonsense in between it. Time-consuming at least.

Phildo
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 02:31:50 PM

Although I'm not on the team, I can say it is a bit hard to find the questions in the topic with all the nonsense in between it. Time-consuming at least.

Maybe if it didn't take 4 days to clarify the first question we could have moved on instead of having deputy forum police fill the thread with nonsense.
Franz_Huber
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 02:47:14 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2016, 03:12:51 PM by Franz_Huber

Every post you make puts this to the top of altcoins list, great publicity for free, not your intention?
I'll gladly help you get some more publicity for free, if this is the kind of publicity you want (ION getting exposed as the new Paycoin).

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 03:36:44 PM

What if we would round all of the unanswered questions up so they were in one post? Would they answer them then? They wouldn't have to search for them.

pixelpowered

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 03:46:48 PM

I'm afraid to ask the most crazy question of all.
I asked JG to give a technical drawing of how the Hybrid-Flex-Blockchain, Orion Controllers, and Prime controllers all worked in unison.
Hence the reason why he started the contest on drawing what, 'we thought it did and how it worked'.

While coders are important, so are the technical drawings on how the product works. It allows investors, developers, and so on outside the group know how to interact (create API's) and so on with the software. Also avoids creating needless switches/hop points with the software. The ION whitepaper doesn't show specifically how all the items interact and of course we all have questions on how they do.

Can the ION team produce a technical drawing on how this POS coin works with all the elements involved?
You don't even need to use Visio, plenty of other draw applications that could suffice.

Please draw me how your box works.  Smiley

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2016, 03:53:00 PM

What if we would round all of the unanswered questions up so they were in one post? Would they answer them then? They wouldn't have to search for them.

I was going to create an FAQ thingy but then huey on slack said something along the lines "why should we answer anything for those bitcointalkers" so meh. I might still do it at some point if nobody else does but it would be quite pointless.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2016, 04:00:25 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2020, 11:53:01 PM by suchmoon

The chain seems to have stopped breathing. Last block was more than an hour ago if the explorer is showing the correct time & timezone:

Edited 2020-11-28 to fix a broken image

Edit: lolz

Edited 2020-11-28 to fix a broken image
CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 04:09:11 PM

The chain seems to have stopped breathing. Last block was more than an hour ago if the explorer is showing the correct time & timezone:

It needs CPR! Wait, did I just give them the name for the coin they release after this one? You heard it here first.

Phildo
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 04:17:14 PM

It needs CPR! Wait, did I just give them the name for the coin they release after this one? You heard it here first.

Good thing they waited to do all the testing after everyone got their coins distributed so that the lack of stake rewards could be split amongst everyone instead of them being forced to sit without rewards before anyone had any coins. Very generous of them.
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 500 »
  Print  

Jump to: