Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:56:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain's Released Antminer S9, World's First 16nm Miner Ready to Order  (Read 530805 times)
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 05:46:32 PM

Mines up, apparently the board lights up but its all xx's

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
numnutz2009

Activity: 387
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 06:13:10 PM

Spondoolies SP20 was fine running chips at 115C ALL the time. Spondoolies SP30 also run 1400W PSU at 1440 W or above at the wall just fine for years.
EVGA 1300 can run at above 1300W (1325-1350) at the wall for years. These are just facts.
I don't know how to translate this to S9 prediction, but seems like 100c on the chip should be fine as it is well below 115.

your confusing server psus with desktop psus....in either case the manufacturers of all psu's dont want you running the psu full tilt 24/7. running it at or above the rated wattage all the time is never good for the power supply. also at the wall power isnt the same as what the psu is rated for. if im not mistaken a platinum rated psu has an 89% efficiency at 100% power so if you are drawin 1325w at the wall subtract 11% from that and thats how much of the 1300w your using of the rated wattage. that will still reduce the life of the psu though and the higher you go the more you knock off the psu so those are the facts. its your equipment so you can do what you want but it is dangerous and will end up costing you money. spondoolies and bitmain are 2 completely different companies with 2 very different levels of quality. i doubt bitmain designed their equipment to run in the same way as spondoolies and the board quality is prob different too so to say the s9 can handle 115 degrees c is retarded. im not saying the miner wont run at 100c and above what im saying is it will hurt the machine and going by the posts here what i have said many times now since the s9 was released has been true. there are other factors involved as well such as humidity. these people r running their miners OUTSIDE IN THE SUMMER TIME for christ sake lol.

if you want to think bitmains quality is on par with the quality of spondoolies your more than welcome to do so but many here will say that they dont match up....not even close. and if you want to assume that bitmains miners are of a quality that says they can overlook the 20-25% buffer zone like evga and server PSU's can then its your hardware. i watched people lose s7's and s5's all over the place....i didnt lose a single one and thats because i didnt run mine like they run theirs. if you cut corners dont come bitchin to the forums when your miners die from being improperly used. if i ran them in those same conditions and mine died do u think i would bitch about s9 bein shitty quality and so on?? nope! because im smart enough to know not to beat the hell outta my investment....not if i want it to pay me back that is.

talk too much !

s7 ... early batch 54 chips have been running since day 1, overclocked now after warranty expired in harsh environment with lots of dust & avg ambient temp of 33 deg C till now still running, the temps in the day is around mid 70's nitgh about mid 60's.

bunch of them are still running till today.

i'm not saying to run & push miners, psu, gpu or any other electronic//electrical equipment to them max, but it is able to do so !

so far the s9's for me are doing well, fingers crossed, most of them run around 70C board temp on avg. fan about 65% 4200 rpm ish.

don't say stupid stuff and i wont have to post to correct you. the s7 and s9 r 2 different miners....so comparing the s7 to the s9 doesnt work. the fact of the matter is if your gonna run miners improperly dont bitch when and if they fail. if your running your miners in rooms that are over 90 degrees ambient and you dont take care of your stuff which is clear that you dont your stuff will fail and i bet we will be hearing your sob story. i hope i see the post so i can throw an i told you so your way. i already told many others not to do this and their miners failed....your next i guess lol.

i also like how you throw out "a bunch of them are still running till today" lol. looks like u had some die on ya haha. its to be expected in those conditions. can you not afford a simple air filter where u run your miners?? god who wants dust caked up in their machines?? i know i dont.

you also didnt listen. i never said they wont run at the temps they mentioned (even though they never said those are the max temps they should run at or thats its safe to run them that high this is your assumption not a fact) i said they wont run at those temps long im sure....and sure enough i was right. if they are dying even you should be able to understand....THEY CANT RUN AT THOSE TEMPS SAFELY.
yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 07:01:10 PM

waste of time with this smart-ass nutz, where's the ignore button ??

looks like he has a superb imagination & assumption of his own.

@biffa, looks a like a defective board, another buddy of mine has the same x's, write to bmt & be polite, they reply pretty fast & did mention that it could be a defective board, was asked to take the board out n place it on another s9 to test it. will update if my buddy hears anything from bmt.

the unit is a 11.85 ths batch & x appeared after running about 2-3 hours. did the usual stuff, swapped psu, data cable, pcie, etc, etc, no go. fw that came with it was jul 11th me thinks, cant recall but defo defective board.

GL with the warranty claims to those out there "EXCEPT" the nutz expert lol.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 08:38:21 PM

Spondoolies SP20 was fine running chips at 115C ALL the time. Spondoolies SP30 also run 1400W PSU at 1440 W or above at the wall just fine for years.
EVGA 1300 can run at above 1300W (1325-1350) at the wall for years. These are just facts.
I don't know how to translate this to S9 prediction, but seems like 100c on the chip should be fine as it is well below 115.

SP20 was a LOT more comfortable at 110C on the chips, but the RockerBox had an ON CHIP temp sensor.
 Most of them DID run for a long time reliably at the "stock" 115c setting.

Bitmain has never done that with ANY of their chips AFAIK, and "board level" sensors are a TON less reliable for detecting how hot the chips ON the board are actually running.
 That's a VERY GOOD REASON to not even think about pushing Bitmain miner temps.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3869

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 08:52:05 PM

SP20 was a LOT more comfortable at 110C on the chips, but the RockerBox had an ON CHIP temp sensor.

Bitmain has never done that with ANY of their chips AFAIK, and "board level" sensors are a TON less reliable for detecting how hot the chips ON the board are actually running.

S9 has two temp-"board" and "chip" (vs just one for S7, which is "board").
However, I don't know what exactly "chip" means (one individual chip at a certain location, average of all, etc) while in SP20, you can see each chip temp.
So, you are probably right as far as not pushing them to 115C.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2542

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 11:28:08 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2016, 12:22:15 AM by NotFuzzyWarm

My guess (hope) is that Chip Temp is the highest reported on the board. Given the simplicity of on-die chip sensing and the space afforded @ 16nm node it would be shear stupidity not to have each report its temperature... Hell, TSMC probably provided that IP block "free" of charge.

To me board level sensors are really only good for an indication of temps any large caps have to live with. For that, since BM claims to use ones rated for >135C, board temps under 70C are perfect and yes lower = better.

As for 'what is safe' for the chips.... Without BM providing a data sheet our only ref stating a MAX chip temp is the one for the BM''84 or '85 chips. Is 120c I believe

Since the s9 manual says to not exceed 115C, fine. Fits with the fact that at the 16nm node the effects of temp on the gate performance in the chips is not to be ignored and sets constraints on the window for allowable temp vs performance. Not to mention how the PCB and solder joints respond to it. However, if anticipated in the chip design, silicon can perform quite well even over 150C.

Is that or anything over 100 maybe 105C 'safe'.... Maybe.
If the temps are very stable, say less than a 5C swing in any 24hr period so the mechanical effects of thermal cycle are minimal. I say -- should be.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 07:25:53 AM

too low may not be good, i think avalon did state that their chip best performance is around mid 60's C /

lets hope bmt honors those legit warranty claims, lower the price !!! make it more competitive.

more info on the "normal" operating temps/range from bmt would be a good start.
numnutz2009

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 12:15:25 PM

waste of time with this smart-ass nutz, where's the ignore button ??

looks like he has a superb imagination & assumption of his own.

@biffa, looks a like a defective board, another buddy of mine has the same x's, write to bmt & be polite, they reply pretty fast & did mention that it could be a defective board, was asked to take the board out n place it on another s9 to test it. will update if my buddy hears anything from bmt.

the unit is a 11.85 ths batch & x appeared after running about 2-3 hours. did the usual stuff, swapped psu, data cable, pcie, etc, etc, no go. fw that came with it was jul 11th me thinks, cant recall but defo defective board.

GL with the warranty claims to those out there "EXCEPT" the nutz expert lol.

sounds like someones butthurt after realizin hes wrong. no need to be so salty kiddo. we all make mistakes. just learn from yours and move on.
numnutz2009

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 12:23:51 PM

dang...so your saying the temps listed arent really the temps of the boards and chips potentially?? hmm i wonder if dipshit will reply to this awesome piece of info and somehow spin it to where im makin up lies lol. this in another user saying pushing temps like you all seem to be doin isnt safe. in fact this guy capitalized his claim. i hope people listen....i really do. ik i wont be pushin my miners. if one dies it was meant to be but i havent had a single miner die in all the years i have been doin this nor have i had a single gpu overheat and burn up because i dont redline them.

but if it is an average temp for the chips on each board that means the chips furthest away from the intake are going to be hotter than the ones closer to the intake fan. even with the fan on the other end sucking air out this cant be avoided....hot air will never cool better than cold air so the chips at the end are probably running hotter than all the other chips and since you dont know the numbers for those chips running the average temps hotter than the numbers i listed will prob push those chips over the so called temp limits (which bitmain hasnt said was a limit only silly kids makin assumtions have said this). so 115 average temps may mean 120-25+ on the end chips.....hmmmm.
d57heinz
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011

Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 02:13:13 PM

dang...so your saying the temps listed arent really the temps of the boards and chips potentially?? hmm i wonder if dipshit will reply to this awesome piece of info and somehow spin it to where im makin up lies lol. this in another user saying pushing temps like you all seem to be doin isnt safe. in fact this guy capitalized his claim. i hope people listen....i really do. ik i wont be pushin my miners. if one dies it was meant to be but i havent had a single miner die in all the years i have been doin this nor have i had a single gpu overheat and burn up because i dont redline them.

but if it is an average temp for the chips on each board that means the chips furthest away from the intake are going to be hotter than the ones closer to the intake fan. even with the fan on the other end sucking air out this cant be avoided....hot air will never cool better than cold air so the chips at the end are probably running hotter than all the other chips and since you dont know the numbers for those chips running the average temps hotter than the numbers i listed will prob push those chips over the so called temp limits (which bitmain hasnt said was a limit only silly kids makin assumtions have said this). so 115 average temps may mean 120-25+ on the end chips.....hmmmm.

You done now?   We talk from exp.  I ran s4 and s2 s1 in 120 F barn (ambient temp) for over a year straight.  I know what these are capable of doing.  Hell it prolly was hotter then that.  When you sell a miner as a home miner.  One has to expect conditions arent that of a datacenter. And knowing that one should put out a spec sheet with a guide to what is acceptable.> You cant deny warranty when you dont state what op temps are supposed to be.  Anyway. you seem to have your view and i have mine but to start with the kiddos and name calling etc. shows me a lot about you. 

your overly infatuated with being right.  I know how that can get ya into some trouble. hehe.. Learn from it

Best Regards
d57heinz

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
numnutz2009

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 02:39:26 PM

You done now?   We talk from exp.  I ran s4 and s2 s1 in 120 F barn (ambient temp) for over a year straight.  I know what these are capable of doing.  Hell it prolly was hotter then that.  When you sell a miner as a home miner.  One has to expect conditions arent that of a datacenter. And knowing that one should put out a spec sheet with a guide to what is acceptable.> You cant deny warranty when you dont state what op temps are supposed to be.  Anyway. you seem to have your view and i have mine but to start with the kiddos and name calling etc. shows me a lot about you.  

your overly infatuated with being right.  I know how that can get ya into some trouble. hehe.. Learn from it

Best Regards
d57heinz

antminer s1, 2, and 4's dont use the same amount of power in the same size space. the miners you mentioned also run with a SOLID heatsink which has much more surface area than the individual heatsinks. also if 1 chip is hotter on a solid heatsink it helps spread those temps to the entire miner but with the individual ones it can only spread through the heatsink attached to the chip. no miner in the history of miners was made to run in the conditions many of you are running them in. I think ur a complete moron for thinkin u can run miners in a barn safely. next time when u argue a point make sure u do it on a 1 to 1 comparison which cant be done with any of the previous generation miners EXCEPT the s5+ and s7 model. even that is hard to do because the s9 is longer than the s5+ and s7 models which means there is more to cool than on the s5+ and s7. and for someone that owned an s4 runnin in a barn to say its safe blows my mind....those fuckers caught fire while running in datacenter conditions....and u chose to run it in a fuckin barn in 120 degree weather?HuhHuh?? not to mention where the hell in the US is it 120 degrees?!?!?! that right there shows stupidity and thats y u r bein called kiddo.

no i want people to get the most out of their miners and i want them to use them SAFELY! your suggestions put peoples miners and homes at risk which is imoral. seein how many people lost miners for doin exactly what your suggestin they do should tell u to keep ur face hole shut and stop passin out bad advice. bitmain by no means requires u to run them in a datacenter. i dont have datacenters and i havent had a single miner die so far. they expect miners to know what the hell they r doin and u sir do not. they shouldnt have t say dont run them in a 120 degree oven of a barn....that should already be common sense.

does a used car salesman tell you which peddle is gas and which is break everytime he sells you a car?? fuck no because he knows you should already know the basics of driving a car so he shouldnt have to tell you which is which. the same applies to miners. if the people listen to morons like u they can only expect to have their miners get run into the dirt and possibly worse. if losin ur house is worth the risk so be it listen to him but i told u all what would happen and it happened....me an multiple other people....i dont need ne one else to agree that im right....i already know im right i just want others to know the risks too and when people like u post implyin that im wrong well i just gotta correct u.

by the way did bitmain state what the max temps were for every one of their other miners?? i dont recall ever seein that but maybe i missed it. if they didnt y r u bitchin now? because ur miners r at risk when running in a barn in the dead of summer?? all it takes is a little common sense kiddo. it goes a long way. i can fix ignorance but i cant fix stupid.
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 7867

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2016, 02:45:36 PM

My miner died after 10 hours run time in my basement temps in the room were 80f.

I booted it  it came back .

I transported it  to the solar array I booted it and board was dead.

My miners dead board had labels crossed out indicating it failed QC.

My other five miners are stable in a barn that gets to 100f

the max op temps are 40 c   which is 112 f

I downclock to keep temps at 65c  95c or less.

They have run since before the ½ ing.

Back to my great adventure of trying to get it replaced. It is in Colorado

I will post when they contact me.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
in2tactics

Activity: 578
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 03:47:40 PM

antminer s1, 2, and 4's dont use the same amount of power in the same size space. the miners you mentioned also run with a SOLID heatsink which has much more surface area than the individual heatsinks. also if 1 chip is hotter on a solid heatsink it helps spread those temps to the entire miner but with the individual ones it can only spread through the heatsink attached to the chip. no miner in the history of miners was made to run in the conditions many of you are running them in. I think ur a complete moron for thinkin u can run miners in a barn safely. next time when u argue a point make sure u do it on a 1 to 1 comparison which cant be done with any of the previous generation miners EXCEPT the s5+ and s7 model. even that is hard to do because the s9 is longer than the s5+ and s7 models which means there is more to cool than on the s5+ and s7. and for someone that owned an s4 runnin in a barn to say its safe blows my mind....those fuckers caught fire while running in datacenter conditions....and u chose to run it in a fuckin barn in 120 degree weather?HuhHuh?? not to mention where the hell in the US is it 120 degrees?!?!?! that right there shows stupidity and thats y u r bein called kiddo.

no i want people to get the most out of their miners and i want them to use them SAFELY! your suggestions put peoples miners and homes at risk which is imoral. seein how many people lost miners for doin exactly what your suggestin they do should tell u to keep ur face hole shut and stop passin out bad advice. bitmain by no means requires u to run them in a datacenter. i dont have datacenters and i havent had a single miner die so far. they expect miners to know what the hell they r doin and u sir do not. they shouldnt have t say dont run them in a 120 degree oven of a barn....that should already be common sense.

does a used car salesman tell you which peddle is gas and which is break everytime he sells you a car?? fuck no because he knows you should already know the basics of driving a car so he shouldnt have to tell you which is which. the same applies to miners. if the people listen to morons like u they can only expect to have their miners get run into the dirt and possibly worse. if losin ur house is worth the risk so be it listen to him but i told u all what would happen and it happened....me an multiple other people....i dont need ne one else to agree that im right....i already know im right i just want others to know the risks too and when people like u post implyin that im wrong well i just gotta correct u.

by the way did bitmain state what the max temps were for every one of their other miners?? i dont recall ever seein that but maybe i missed it. if they didnt y r u bitchin now? because ur miners r at risk when running in a barn in the dead of summer?? all it takes is a little common sense kiddo. it goes a long way. i can fix ignorance but i cant fix stupid.

There is a saying that goes something like this, "you catch more bees with honey than with vinegar."

Current HW: 2x Apollo
Retired HW: 3x 2PAC, 3x Moonlander 2, 2x AntMiner S7-LN, 5x AntMiner U1, 2x ASICMiner Block Erupter Cube, 4x AntMiner S3, 4x AntMiner S1, GAW Black Widow, and ZeusMiner Thunder X6
numnutz2009

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 04:04:07 PM

There is a saying that goes something like this, "you catch more bees with honey than with vinegar."

Losing 1 bee wont make or break ne thing.....its not like its the queen after all lol.
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1068

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 05:10:51 PM

My guess (hope) is that Chip Temp is the highest reported on the board. Given the simplicity of on-die chip sensing and the space afforded @ 16nm node it would be shear stupidity not to have each report its temperature... Hell, TSMC probably provided that IP block "free" of charge.
Unfortunately it isn't that simple. There are two issues:

1) lack of calibration. Performing a proper calibration of the internal temperature sensor would be probably prohibitively expensive. Uncalibrated sensor will have good differential accuracy (is the temp higher or lower?) but bad absolute accuracy (is it 100C or 120C?).
2) internal switching noise. The mining chips have super-high levels of internal simultaneous switching noise, beyond what is tolerated by the standard library IP blocks.

Spondoolies tried to work around it by configuring that temperature sensor cell to provide intentionally coarse measurements; IIRC the step was 5C.

The other way to work around those limitations is to use external measurement chip (like LM75) with external sensing diode that is internal to the mining chip. This setup is much less sensitive to the manufacturing process variations.

The determination of true maximum operating temperature would be too time consuming and too expensive. There published values are just very approximate goals that are used as an input to the electromigration models in the CAD software. And again the normal operating points of the mining chip are outside of the ranges where those models have any accuracy. So it is back to keeping the fingers crossed. There's no time for the proper qualification procedures and fault analysis.

In addition to the above the maximum safe operating temperature would be dependent on the core supply voltage. For higher voltages the temperatures would be lower. My textbooks are in storage, I can't look them up now. But anyone interested could dig around the web and try to find some school problems like: the capacitor has plates at a distance of 10nm, the voltage difference between plates is 1V. What is the equivalent pressure in PSI required to keep those plates apart? The results are frighteningly high. Modern processed utilize pre-stressed silicon to partially deal with those electrostatic forces.

Please comment, critique, criticize or ridicule BIP 2112: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54382.0
Long-term mining prognosis: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91101.0
HerbPean
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 06:01:44 PM

My miner died after 10 hours run time in my basement temps in the room were 80f.

the max op temps are 40 c   which is 112 f

I downclock to keep temps at 65c  95c or less.

In my honest experience to be working for a company that build electronics devices. If the a board failed the QC then they tried it again and it worked, it should never been sold to anyone. You might have a solder issue on the board. (It can be a defective parts or whatever possible)

It might be working cold ... or hot or in between but it doesn't work all the time. You could bend the PCB a bit and it would be working again ... but for how long ? This is bad QC.

When it does happen for us, this is a major issue and we take it seriously has many factors can influence the exact problem. We stop the production if we have to... until we are 100% sure the cause of the issue is fixed.

Anyway this is just my 2 cents Tongue

Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3869

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 10:14:45 PM

the max op temps are 40 c   which is 112 f

I downclock to keep temps at 65c  95c or less.

In my honest experience to be working for a company that build electronics devices. If the a board failed the QC then they tried it again and it worked, it should never been sold to anyone. You might have a solder issue on the board. (It can be a defective parts or whatever possible)

It might be working cold ... or hot or in between but it doesn't work all the time. You could bend the PCB a bit and it would be working again ... but for how long ? This is bad QC.

When it does happen for us, this is a major issue and we take it seriously has many factors can influence the exact problem. We stop the production if we have to... until we are 100% sure the cause of the issue is fixed.

Anyway this is just my 2 cents Tongue

QC- I had one S7 miner with 575 sticker on top of 550 sticker, i was charged for 575 miner, it worked as 575 for a month or two (barely), then had to be put on 550, where it actually belong. Such corners cutting is typical here. I did not made the fuss because it all averages, in my opinion. i got one other that was better than expected.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2542

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 12:25:10 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2016, 01:31:50 AM by NotFuzzyWarm

Unfortunately it isn't that simple. There are two issues:
<snip for space saving>
The other way to work around those limitations is to use external measurement chip (like LM75) with external sensing diode that is internal to the mining chip. This setup is much less sensitive to the manufacturing process variations.

The determination of true maximum operating temperature would be too time consuming and too expensive. <snip for space saving> So it is back to keeping the fingers crossed. There's no time for the proper qualification procedures and fault analysis.
<snip for space saving>
the capacitor has plates at a distance of 10nm, the voltage difference between plates is 1V. What is the equivalent pressure in PSI required to keep those plates apart? The results are frighteningly high. Modern processed utilize pre-stressed silicon to partially deal with those electrostatic forces.
Definite JA on the switching noise issue. I've brought up the point in several other threads regarding PDN considerations. It's not so much clk speed that hurts as it is circuit current rise/fall times that can cause very localized havoc. For one ref, http://powerelectronics.com/power-electronics-systems/five-things-every-engineer-should-know-about-pdn

Considering that as part of the packaging into an actual chip the dies are mounted to an interposer to connect the outside world, that would be a perfect place for the temp sense diode. Giver the power being handled prolly at worst alumina and preferably with AlN as the interposer substrate, either way if there is point on it to locate the temp diode -- close enough for 'die' temp in my book.

On Bitmain and temp modeling... Probably done, probably pretty basic. Think the best we can hope they do is accelerated life testing at a couple different high to very high temps...

On your homework problem: heh heh heh... Things truly get astounding even for me at the extremes of current physical material science. My current playtoy, er, um, testbed, at work is a Trumpf Ultrafast laser. To cut to the chase, one setting provides 85uJ per 1ps wide pulse firing every 5us. That translates to a peak pulse power of 85MW. Now focus that down to a 25um dia spot and calc the power density in W/sq cm that the target sees (on that one tiny spot) during that 1ps. Ballpark hint: It's in the tera-watts... Good freaking lord.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 02:44:22 AM

Never thought you need to spend this much amount of money to mine. Are people here really rich or what,spending this much dime for a machine. My three month salary for one machine  Roll Eyes carry on folks.
grn

Activity: 357
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 03:06:15 AM

Never thought you need to spend this much amount of money to mine. Are people here really rich or what,spending this much dime for a machine. My three month salary for one machine  Roll Eyes carry on folks.

How do you survive? are you homeless?

How is that Lexical analysis working out bickneleski?
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: