Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:45:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Gulden a good investment?  (Read 250123 times)
FantoNas

Activity: 152
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:07:52 PM

It is a rubbish coin

Don’t be silly. For traders maybe, but the tech is solid.

For more info on witnessing, please read the whitepaper on dev.gulden.com or this article on Gulden and witnessing. http://guldenbites.com/2018/02/13/linux-magazine-about-gulden/

Hi Jean Luc,

I agree that the tech looks good ...

The problems are all around (Rijk , the management, the communication, the marketing , ...)and this is why it is a pity.  It could have been a very very good project.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jean.Luc

Activity: 408
Merit: 117

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:09:32 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2018, 03:27:54 PM by Jean.Luc

Nice commentary. You made me read it al! 😂
But let’s face it. Nothing new here. Rijk has been developping Gulden with his team and did sofar a great job with that, and appearantly we are at the brink of a new era with Gulden 2.0 release. Splendit!
So the coin works, seems to be top 10 tech wise and can get even much further than that.

Then the Rijk thing. The guy is not good at selling his efforts. But who cares? I’m seldomly talking to the CEO of ING bank or Dunkin’ Donuts for that matter. Actually I don’t care, as long as the product works.

The thing is that you expecting to much of him. You want him to do marketing, well he does not. You want him to argue with you, well he does not. He will just ban you. Can he? Yes, and he will. Why? Because he just wants to do one thing and that is make that bloody Gulden the best there is! Can you profit from that? Hell yeah! Just help promoting Gulden instead of bashing it all over for just one man, who actually is doing the greatest part in marketing, namely making a great, working product that is changing crypto and the world. Just promote it!
Okumi

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:27:01 PM

Nice commentary. You made me read it al! 😂
But let’s face it. Nothing new here. Rijk has been developping Gulden with his team and did sofar a great job with that, and appearantly we are at the brink of a new era with Gulden 2.0 release. Splendit!
So the coin works, seems to be top 10 tech wise and can get even much further than that.

Then the Rijk thing. The guy is not good at selling his efforts. But who cares? I’m seldomly talking to the CEO of ING bank or Dunkin’ Donuts for that matter. Actually I don’t care, as long as the product works.

And in case you’re all just upset that his behaviour is effecting the price, your profits, then hell do something about it. You think one mans’s voice is louder then that of an entire community?

So just help promoting Gulden instead of bashing it over for just one man, who actually is doing the greatest part in marketing, namely making a working product. Without that, Gulden would be lost.  

Just like you said nobody talks with the CEO of ING Bank. Why doesn't Rijk act like that and don't talk with the community and let someone who has better communication skills talk with the community.

They were many people who did help promote Gulden. Some had other motivations(Like many people has when money are involved), but there are also honest people who really wants Gulden to succes. When those people do their best and it does work out. Rijk will bash any of those new investors. Be honest everyone heard of Bitcoin, but not many people heard of Gulden and when someone new joins and asks Hey is this like Bitcoin? Rijk would bash that person with No Bitcoin in general only in offtopic. Instead of giving this person an nice anwser as "No we are not like Bitcoin, We use this and that etc. " "if you are intrested more about Gulden you can check this and that" and in the end tell this person that Bitcoin are usually talked in offtopic.

And his behaviour doesn't only effect the price or my profit. It affects the community who puts effort to make Gulden succeed.

And Jean a question for you.

When do you think Gulden will be ready for marketing? Like Rijk said when we are finished with development. We will start promoting. (If Rijk is a perfectionist. It will never be ready for promoting)

Ps. I might sound like I am bashing someone who can't protect itself now, but I am only talking about Rijk, because atm. He is one of the biggest problems Gulden is facing. imho.
Jean.Luc

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:39:57 PM

After 2.0 I think we should start promotions. Then the network is ready for large amounts of transactions.

Honestly, stop talking and arguing with Rijk, it will only get you frustrated. You do not need his approval to go ahead and promote the coin. If you have a good idea, as in e.g enlisting on other exchanges, what is stopping you?

Just put some effort in it. And make it work.
FantoNas

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:13:00 PM

In future, I hope your overwhelming trust in Gulden turns out to be right.

Me too. Let’s see. Thing is that thus far I didn’t hear anything to not believe that the update is not working as intended. On the contrary, testing and bug fixing, i heard, continues on a high pace. Will they finish before end of feb? Nobody knows I think.

And yes, maybe I got a bit emotional in my last post. I didn’t intended to sound arrogant.  A lot of people are just randomly shouting al kinds of stuff in here, without even knowing or checking facts. Get’s anoying by times.

I am a million % sure they won't be close to ready end of Feb because of SegSig. SegSig is the reason the gulden community is quietly wishing they had invested in anything else in the top 100.

PoW2 was about to be released in August last year. That would of meant less PoW rewards and dumping on the exchanges and 6 months worth of interest lost for those ready to witness.

SegSig has been a colossal fuckup of epic proportions and the team have not said sorry for 6 months loss of witnessing and soon it will be 7 months.

The irony is I will be called a troll in March when I was right.

It's important to do research before investing in a coindev team kids.

There, fixed that for you.

https://shares.gulden.com

The nitros has run out and more boost is needed. You can go to the above link to help boost the development speed.

Another 100 btc to get some ladies on that boat. #Help a dev team out

http://www.aquacruise.com/file/2013/05/mia-1.jpg

Hmm some ladies ? I think Rijk would prefer some guys
Morbs

Activity: 270
Merit: 6

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:22:43 PM

I have been following Gulden for 4 years and have been holding on my coins for 4 year aswell.

I am just gonna give my honest opinion on Gulden.

I have trusted Gulden for 2 years and this trust has been decreasing with time. The first year had gone complicated and I had invested only based on feeling. I could have invested much better on coins like Ethereum or Dash, but I was a student and didn't have much money to invest. (And the crypto had just started to rise).

But after Malcolm had joined the Gulden team. My trust in the team had increased and after the updates like android/iphone app/Gulden 2.0 it made me realise that the team could make something big out of it except for one person. And this one person has actually ruined it for many people. And this person is Rijk. We can all agree that he is an asshole. I am gonna be honest the only reason I am still staying is because of Malcolm.

I do find it understandable on why Rijk bans people, because of the discussions in the first two years with some investors. And people asking useless questions. He had enough of that, but the thing is you have to acccept criticism.  Especiaslly if you are the one of the responsible people. He keeps asking the community to stop talking and start acting. And wants them to work on with the team, but whenever people ask if it's possible or if they can get support from the Gulden team. Rijk just ignores them.

Here is the problem the community has: (which Rijk doesn't understand any shit)
When you promote Gulden people go to the Gulden website(which is made by Gulden team)
When new investors has questions and interest(They go to slack which Gulden team has total control over it)
When new investors have critism or ideas they ask the gulden team(Which Rijk doesn't appreciate)

So Rijk wants the community to promote Gulden and when we do promote you just chase investors fcking away. How fcking smart of you RIJK.

But the problem doesn't end with this. Rijk only supports his friends or family or I don't know maybe with some people he has deals with (NOCKS). As we all know he wants everyone to use NOCKS and doesn't appreciate other exchanges. I support the idea of Gulden to become independent of Bitcoin, but that doesn't mean you can force people to only exchange on Nocks.

It all comes to this either Rijk just fcking leave the team and let other responsible people do his work or He fcking stops acting like asshole and let the community has their say in things.

There are much more to say, but that would only be speculations.
Like why does it take them so long to develop the PoW2. Are they waiting because they have other reasons (Like release it when nocks can exchange with other fiat, so that they make more profit)
Or are they waiting so that people keep dumping so that some other people(I don't know his family/friends) can buy it lower.

these are all speculations, but people will keep speculating and keep asking questions when you don't fcking give answer RIJK...

Amen.

I think a lot of ppl can relate to this comment and understand what you mean and have the same feelings.

I just wander how much worth the coin would have right now if RIJK communicated normally and did not scare and piss so may possible inventors ofg?

Why you want to do a lot for Gulden if you hate the founder?

That said i still trust the Devs and have faith in the future so HODL my 100.000+ coins here

Good 3 BTC buying wall now on Bittrex.  Is it your PeterPicker ?   Grin

Morbs

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:32:27 PM

Digibyte, rank 55. They doing a lot of development and I sold my gulden to invest in them. On telegram there is a lot more freedom to talk about the positives and negatives they facing. EG. They decided not to join some exchange because they want $100 000 to list coins, they said it's better not to pay because of all the scam ICOs they have added.

Also a lot of Dutch people investing in this coin. They did a big update in 2017 and this week another big update. Gulden last big update was 2016.

https://twitter.com/DigiByteCoin/status/965792518032973824

"#DigiByte v6.16.1 Release summary: Worlds 1st #SegWit GUI wallet! Over 100,000 lines of code changed. 3 new GUI Themes (White, Blue, Black). Speed enhancements. New $DGB address prefix "dgb1" to prevent sending to wrong #blockchain. On par with $BTC 0.16. #P2SH changed '3' to 'S'"

Thx allrdy had some of them but bought 10k more.  It is -10% for the day so i hope it is a good buying oppurtunity right now. 

Hope it makes me RIJK  =  Rich in Dutch !   Just joking  Grin

Why would his dad called him RIJK/Rich i ask myself now  Huh
RichPissman

Activity: 339
Merit: 10

New Cryptoworld Order

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:40:49 PM

Digibyte, rank 55. They doing a lot of development and I sold my gulden to invest in them. On telegram there is a lot more freedom to talk about the positives and negatives they facing. EG. They decided not to join some exchange because they want $100 000 to list coins, they said it's better not to pay because of all the scam ICOs they have added.

Also a lot of Dutch people investing in this coin. They did a big update in 2017 and this week another big update. Gulden last big update was 2016.

https://twitter.com/DigiByteCoin/status/965792518032973824

"#DigiByte v6.16.1 Release summary: Worlds 1st #SegWit GUI wallet! Over 100,000 lines of code changed. 3 new GUI Themes (White, Blue, Black). Speed enhancements. New $DGB address prefix "dgb1" to prevent sending to wrong #blockchain. On par with $BTC 0.16. #P2SH changed '3' to 'S'"

Thx allrdy had some of them but bought 10k more.  It is -10% for the day so i hope it is a good buying oppurtunity right now. 

Hope it makes me RIJK  =  Rich in Dutch !   Just joking  Grin

Why would his dad called him RIJK/Rich i ask myself now  Huh

He called his other son Zipper! (Rits). That son also is feeding of the big BTC tit the community gave to the Pissmans (Plasmans)

OneTwo Coins, One Rijk, One Founder!
BBold

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:43:21 PM

I recently broke up with my gf over the price of Gulden. I convinced her to spend our holiday money when the price was over 0.31 on Nocks after a work friend told me about Gulden.

First few days it went well because the price went to 0.39 but after it got to this price it started coming down fast. When the price went below 0.25 she grew distant mentally and two days ago we had a huge fight over this and we ended the relationship. I also took money out of my savings to buy her portion of the gulden at 0.31 rate to try keep the peace but obviously this meant we couldn't go on vocation.

I knew the risks when buying but didn't explain the risks to my gf but on the bright side I got to see her true nature and I am happy we have ended it.

I started buying again to try lower my average because I think this coin does have potential and maybe if she contacts me in two years I will reply with this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIy3n2b7V9k

Morbs

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:09:21 PM

I recently broke up with my gf over the price of Gulden. I convinced her to spend our holiday money when the price was over 0.31 on Nocks after a work friend told me about Gulden.

First few days it went well because the price went to 0.39 but after it got to this price it started coming down fast. When the price went below 0.25 she grew distant mentally and two days ago we had a huge fight over this and we ended the relationship. I also took money out of my savings to buy her portion of the gulden at 0.31 rate to try keep the peace but obviously this meant we couldn't go on vocation.

I knew the risks when buying but didn't explain the risks to my gf but on the bright side I got to see her true nature and I am happy we have ended it.

I started buying again to try lower my average because I think this coin does have potential and maybe if she contacts me in two years I will reply with this song.

What a story  Roll Eyes

But a win/win/win situation

1)  You saw your GFs true nature and she will not cost you any more money and that money you can invest in Gulden (win)

2)  You do not go on Holiday and you can invest that money in Gulden  (=win)

3)  Gulden will come up again so if you buy now you lower the average buying price and make a profit earlier  (=win)

Good luck m8  Grin
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:11:55 PM

You failed investing 101. NEVER spend money you need. But, now you learned the hard way.
FantoNas

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:12:56 PM

See how healthy Gulden is!!! Not many coins with such base Smiley
https://guldennodes.com

waaao what's wrong ? Users divided by  4

Look the screenshot of begining of Feb....and today at https://guldennodes.com
Nederland 6300 to 1601 today ...  and same for all others countries
BBold

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:18:56 PM

What a story  Roll Eyes

1)  You saw your GFs true nature and she will not cost you any more money and that money you can invest in Gulden (win)

3)  Gulden will come up again so if you buy now you lower the average buying price and make a profit earlier  (=win)

Good luck m8  Grin

Not interested in a relationship because money looks to be God for woman. No wonder people my age not getting married much.
The Fraction

Activity: 62

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:37:41 PM

See how healthy Gulden is!!! Not many coins with such base Smiley
https://guldennodes.com

waaao what's wrong ? Users divided by  4

Look the screenshot of begining of Feb....and today at https://guldennodes.com
Nederland 6300 to 1601 today ...  and same for all others countries

So many people introduced to NLG, shitloads that know a how a market cycle works. Next peak €1-2. bye
Luuk

Activity: 142

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:43:14 PM

What a story  Roll Eyes

Good luck m8  Grin

Not interested in a relationship because money looks to be God for woman. No wonder people my age not getting married much.

She dumped you for a guy who invested in Ethereum.  Wink Wink Wink
Luuk

Activity: 142

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:49:58 PM

You failed investing 101. NEVER spend money you need. But, now you learned the hard way.

People have also committed suicide with these kinds of losses, almost 80% from the peak. Whoever reading this suicide is not the answer if you thinking about it, this coin has had many peaks in the past and in the future has always passed those peaks. It might take another year or two to break 0.4 but it will happen.
PeterPicker

Activity: 72

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:14:08 PM

Don't expect the developers to hang around with this kind of abuse.imo

I am starting to wonder what kind of support they will get if they deliver on the project with all the negativity here.

Will the attitude be , don't invest in Gulden because of this person called Rijk or invest in the development team because they are doing great work?

TheCanadianBach

Activity: 54

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:43:23 PM

Vertcoin went through a similar situation Gulden is going through. When the development came through the price shot up.

It's all about the development. Rijk will go from zero to hero and from hero to zero many more times.

The Fraction

Activity: 62

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:02:31 PM

Can anyone provide evidence that there is actually something being tested by selected users?
Jean.Luc

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:22:58 PM

Can anyone provide evidence that there is actually something being tested by selected users?

No. There is no direct evidence. But I know the majority of the testers. They told me that it is awesum.

Even Nocks ceo is buying now, because they know what’s comming.

So you could all continue with the Rijk shaming thing, or get clever and start accumulating like the pro’s. This is a lifetime opportunity to get into a top 10 coin at these prices. After the update the playingfield in cryptoland is going to be reshuffled.

Just my two pence.
Pages: « 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 »
  Print  

Jump to: