Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:53:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 232 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency?  (Read 186364 times)
Yutikas_11920

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 02:09:35 PM

Its really posible with the rise of platforms where assets are being created into it such as ethereum. It will be more used later due to its gateways. Assets on Platforms are the easiest to developed.

All the things that now appears is something that benefits us, because with emerging platforms such as ico and also the ethereum then that increasingly make the growth of bitcoin high. For they all take shelter or rely on the parent transaction as bitcoin they do. And all this is extraordinary things and make us be even more to introduce the bitcoin to everyone. I believe the growth will be increasingly bitcoin good future and all those who are now using bitcoin will be the candidate miliader
merchantofzeny

Activity: 1036
Merit: 279

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 05:34:49 PM

I'm seeing it used more often so it sounds unlikely to me but then again, nothing's impossible. I'm starting to read more about it and it seem everyone agrees that the Chinese are heavily involved in mining and they're also using it. The more people start using it the less likely it'll get ditched soon.

Granted, I don't know the specifics of the operation (There's a reward for computing but computing for what? What is halving? What are block chains?) but I posted my opinion (actually sounds more like a rooting) anyway.
dmamigo

Activity: 1232
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 05:39:13 PM

By this time that thing may not happen.But in the near future,yes bitcoin maybe replaced by other cryptocurrency.Maybe by ethereum or litecoin or any other alternative coins out in the trading platform.

It is not impossible for Ethereum or other Cryptocurrency to overtake, but replacing seems quite impossible. Moreover, People are generally indulged in Bitcoin more than any other one. And new people usually gets to know about Bitcoin when they know about cryptocurrency and the use of it is also quite wide in the market. So I think it is very tough to replace Bitcoin or overtake.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 05:54:18 PM

By this time that thing may not happen.But in the near future,yes bitcoin maybe replaced by other cryptocurrency.Maybe by ethereum or litecoin or any other alternative coins out in the trading platform.

It is not impossible for Ethereum or other Cryptocurrency to overtake, but replacing seems quite impossible. Moreover, People are generally indulged in Bitcoin more than any other one. And new people usually gets to know about Bitcoin when they know about cryptocurrency and the use of it is also quite wide in the market. So I think it is very tough to replace Bitcoin or overtake.

Nothing can replace Bitcoin (altcoinwise). Mainly because of the fact that Bitcoin suits the needs of the majority of the people. People don't need gimmick features that altcoins are offering. People just want the simplicity of Bitcoin. So far, there have been plenty of so called (according to people) "Bitcoin killer" altcoins, but they all haven't done anything significant other than functioning as a speculative investment tool. No one with a well functioning brain think that altcoins have the ability to replace Bitcoin.
Senor.Bla

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 07:06:19 PM

Nothing can replace Bitcoin (altcoinwise). Mainly because of the fact that Bitcoin suits the needs of the majority of the people. People don't need gimmick features that altcoins are offering. People just want the simplicity of Bitcoin. So far, there have been plenty of so called (according to people) "Bitcoin killer" altcoins, but they all haven't done anything significant other than functioning as a speculative investment tool. No one with a well functioning brain think that altcoins have the ability to replace Bitcoin.
I still would argue that this is a short sighted and unimaginative point of view. I would think that an altcoin that stays simple, but improves on some Bitcoin problems like the relatively long confirmation time, low number of transactions per second etc, could be a good alternative. Hold back only by the market position of Bitcoin.

raaajlucky

Activity: 532

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 01:43:39 AM

Yup, no cryptocurrency will replace Bitcoin. The bitcoin is the king of Cryptocurrency, and the price of this bitcoin will make this number one in digital currency world. I think no other currency will compete to bitcoin. They need much time to beat this Bitcoin. In future, it may change, but it will take years of time.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2016, 08:35:19 AM

I'm inclined to disagree

As I already said before, to make a Bitcoin killer coin, you would have to hit where Bitcoin is the weakest, since the chain is not stronger that its weakest link. Right now, it is not some feature or a set of features that are lacking in Bitcoin, but the development process itself which is pathetic at best. All that infighting between developers has already led Bitcoin to stagnation. In this way, of you want your coin to succeed and potentially overtake Bitcoin, you should start by working out the best (optimal) way of developing it, i.e. how it will be updated, what kind of consensus should be needed and things like these. Since you can't even imagine what features will be in demand in the future, your coin should be flexible but without wreaking havoc after an update is applied

dihari

Activity: 910
Merit: 525

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 08:46:45 AM

If bitcoin's price touch down to $10, it will be a good news to another crypto currency. Another coin will have a chance to take over bitcoin place.
And the market will be.... I don't know if it's good or bad.

raja2sumi

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 06:29:01 PM

search the net,u l see so many alternate coin rising on a daily basis .basically u have to buy them when their price is low and sell them at  a price in which u l be satisfied .remember one thing done be greedy too  much ,u l loose everything then.

▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬
● PLINKO  (+) ROULETTE ║ BITVEST ║ |7| SLOTS    ▼ BIT SPIN
▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬
Senor.Bla

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 06:46:59 PM

search the net,u l see so many alternate coin rising on a daily basis .basically u have to buy them when their price is low and sell them at  a price in which u l be satisfied .remember one thing done be greedy too  much ,u l loose everything then.
What you describe here so perfectly is not a competition to Bitcoin, it is how those other scam coins work. They are specifically designed to not last forever, but to make a quick buck for some.   

BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 06:48:16 PM

If bitcoin's price touch down to $10, it will be a good news to another crypto currency. Another coin will have a chance to take over bitcoin place.
If the price happens to go to such low price levels for whatever reason, then it will be good for volatility addicted traders as it will allow them to make massive profits.

It's of course bad for Bitcoin as that will either mean that people are done with Bitcoin because it doesn't offer what they need, or it serves no purpose anymore.

Good thing is that with Bitcoin's open source nature developers will be able to implement improvements to keep Bitcoin up to date. That's a huge plus point.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
RealEstCoin

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

The Commercial Real Estate Coin

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 01:20:30 AM

Other altcoins and app tokens will gain popularity. However, the bitcoin blockchain is the most important one and will not be replaced.

ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 01:58:03 AM

Other altcoins and app tokens will gain popularity. However, the bitcoin blockchain is the most important one and will not be replaced.
yep bitcoin can't replaced the popularity and price far ahead from another altcoin but in the future no one will ever know what happened there will probably be another altcoin can defeat bitcoin

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
drwtsn32

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 02:09:00 AM

Did you really think that when bitcoin's price drops that much, other cryptos won't touch the ground as well?
Bitcoin is king. If it goes down like that, it just means that the cryptoworld is getting bad. Not just bitcoin itself.
daringdiscovered

Activity: 700

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 02:32:04 AM

yep bitcoin can't replaced the popularity and price far ahead from another altcoin but in the future no one will ever know what happened there will probably be another altcoin can defeat bitcoin

I agree, anything is possible in this rapidly developing world in terms of technology. Bitcoin can really be replaced by another crytocurrency if one created such crypto that its feature are better than bitcoin. We will just know people stop using bitcoin and start using that new crypto.
Woodie

Activity: 1848
Merit: 879

Rollbit.com ⚔️Crypto Futures

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 05:14:11 AM

honestly bitcoin is more like the us dollar when compared to other fiat and it is just irreplaceable so when we talk of bitcoin no other crypto(altcoin) will replace it as its the standard unit on the crypto market worldwide

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
jualidbitmixer

Activity: 532

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 05:21:36 AM

If the price of bitcoin touch $10, i'm sure it also will affect other cryptocurrency. Because bitcoin is like the mother of all coins and I think bitcoin can't be replaced by another cryptocurrency. Because bitcoin's price still high and it takes 50-100 years to replace bitcoin.
diegz

Activity: 798

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 06:18:19 AM

honestly bitcoin is more like the us dollar when compared to other fiat and it is just irreplaceable so when we talk of bitcoin no other crypto(altcoin) will replace it as its the standard unit on the crypto market worldwide

Who knows, New altcoin might evolve. Someone might create a more perfect altcoin that we need, with very good quality from price up to security. I am sure when that comes, most of us who believe in bitcoin will jump to other boat. Though by now, I haven't seen any altcoin that could replace bitcoin, but for sure, in the future, bitcoin might have a competition.

tolikkk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

www.pumpmycoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 07:03:12 AM

the idea is not new, especially to tie infinite Fiat for bitcoin does not make sense, the platform is intended only for the translation and to embrace the core disclosed in recent years, theses in addition to regular translation from purse to purse, you will need SUSE still create additional tools that will grow around the bitcoin blockchain what to do cumbersome and confusing, and that it is advisable to create several specialized blockchains of cryptogenes approximately proportional for the price ( talking about blockchains enthusiasts and free software) but speaking of public research, which begin to flash in the news, I think that after taking in this case of the blockchain under the control ( direct control of banks ), and bitcoin can both experiment-study cease to exist, leaving enthusiasm without the right to create crypto money, but to engage in the creation of the blockchain as software
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 07:55:01 AM

Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?

I don't think so but who knows. Anyway ethereum - according to the guys who understand better these things - is a better crypto than bitcoin but here we are. Its value is far away from the value of bitcoin. And for more is in strong deprecation since the story of DAO.
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 232 »
  Print  

Jump to: