Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:04:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 232 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency?  (Read 186362 times)
abel1337
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

FOCUS

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2017, 10:56:16 AM

Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?
Yes of course it makes sense if you and we will believe through it.Yeah bitcoins is the most popular and most valuable cryptocurrency on e-market today but technology is developing,more good coin will come to compete with bitcoin with better features and faster network i think due to development through years
I agree , the cryptocurrency now which is dominated by bitcoin , I believe that other coins which will be invented in the future will surely compete with bitcoin . Like now some of the people is using other coin in their transaction because of the long transaction period of bitcoin.
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 11:14:23 AM

the  past is telling us what it will happen in the future.

there few very good (at that moment) e-currencies like e-gold or liberty reserve. they are down now...

bitcoin is just another one. it's trendy and nothing more. if you are honest with yourself, you will see that it has nothing better than any other e-currency but contrary. it has many bad things like a huge time for confirmation. there will not be a mass adoption for Bitcoin because it's fluctuating without any sense. the big exchangers and the miners are manipulating the market as they want.
the shit with demand and offer is just for kids or brainwashed people Smiley

BTC is an opportunity to make quick money and then go out.
Creepings

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 11:28:37 AM

I don't think that bitcoin will ever be replaced by another crypto currency. Bitcoin is the original and the true cryptocurrency, without bitcoin there will be no altcoins. Altcoins will stay alts, I mean alternate crypto for bitcoin to have a profit, but they will never leave bitcoin or replae it. They are just using altcoins, so that they can have a profit from it, but when the time comes, thwy will be converting it to bitcoins.
doomistake

Activity: 1400
Merit: 571

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 12:05:22 PM

Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?
Maybe but that new coin will surpass bitcoin characteristics like the major problem of bitcoin now is the delay of transactions so if that coin have that fast transactions and every features of bitcoin that is upgraded maybe. But that need a lot of funds.

No, no, no, I don't think that it is enough to replace bitcoin by a new Altcoin because of its transaction speed, we are talking about bitcoin, and not just ordinary coin. Bitcoin's superiority can not be replaced just like that, if we just want to increase the speed of our bitcoin transaction, then we need to pay higher transaction fees, it doesn't matter, but it does if we are not making enough bitcoin, I mean, if the transaction fee is higher compare to our earning in a day, then it is a problem indeed.

So, I am sure that bitcoin will still dominate the cryptocurrency for a lifetime, if bitcoin won't face a really huge problem in the near future that could eliminate it.
skorupi17

Activity: 490
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 12:59:31 PM

I don't think that bitcoin will ever be replaced by another crypto currency. Bitcoin is the original and the true cryptocurrency, without bitcoin there will be no altcoins. Altcoins will stay alts, I mean alternate crypto for bitcoin to have a profit, but they will never leave bitcoin or replae it. They are just using altcoins, so that they can have a profit from it, but when the time comes, thwy will be converting it to bitcoins.

Being the original does not justify that it will prevail and nothing will surpass it. Take note that an old one can be replaced any time by a new one, especially when the new one is better that the old one. So being the original is worthless if it will not improve itself to provide better service.

there few very good (at that moment) e-currencies like e-gold or liberty reserve. they are down now...

bitcoin is just another one. it's trendy and nothing more. if you are honest with yourself, you will see that it has nothing better than any other e-currency but contrary. it has many bad things like a huge time for confirmation. there will not be a mass adoption for Bitcoin because it's fluctuating without any sense. the big exchangers and the miners are manipulating the market as they want.

This justify that being the original has nothing to do with how long it will prevail. The future is very unpredictable.
choppork

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 05:12:19 PM

It's not a first come first serve thing. Almost everything becomes obsolete over time. But since bitcoin can adapt to changes, bitcoin becoming obsolete is not going to happen in the foreseeable future. One thing that might kill bitcoin is when a new coin with real-time, ping-time confirmation was launched. The crowdsale of it will surely reach millions of dollars. People will not hesitate to become part of it since it's something that everyone's been waiting for.

If this new coin don't reveal how they do things and only give a rough draft or rather an explanation without specifics, then bitcoin surely will have a hard time to catch up. It wouldn't take that much time for people to switch from using bitcoins to using that new coin. So, if bitcoin didn't get all the specifics and released a patched version of bitcoin with ping-time transactions right on time, then bitcoin will be replaced by that coin. Otherwise, there will be a great battle between the two and the first one to launch another killer feature will surely win.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 05:19:16 PM

tl;dr: Bitcoin is a speculative asset therefore it shouldn't reach its potentials.

Take a look at other markets. Apple is trendy and nothing more. It's not offering something better than other smartphones. Smartphones have almost the same specifications but Apple costs much more.

Mass adoption will occur at the most trendy cryptocurrency first. And if it's still bitcoin, then bitcoin will achieve mass adoption. There's no point saying that bitcoin will go down because people that have enough bitcoins (probably the ones that bought before most people did) are manipulating the bitcoin price. The whole idea that bitcoin community is getting larger because the price is increasing cannot be confirmed but we also cannot confirm that the whole thing is nothing but a mere game to the whales.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Gaaara

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 06:02:05 PM

There is always some changes but it is very unrealistic if we talk about future. Bitcoin is a good coin and there is no coin that has a great features as bitcoin, however if another coin do really overcome bitcoin then the users will be cut in half because people thinks the new one is better but unsure of it cause lot of bitcoin users will stick to what they're used to, so it means that the coin doesn't really overcome bitcoin but it is just been a substitute instead.

MOCKTAIL  -  THE  FIRST  SEMI-FUNGIBLE  TOKEN  ON  BSE 
        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER        SMART CONTRACT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN

Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 06:05:52 PM

Yes of course it makes sense if you and we will believe through it.Yeah bitcoins is the most popular and most valuable cryptocurrency on e-market today but technology is developing,more good coin will come to compete with bitcoin with better features and faster network i think due to development through years
Seeing the current altcoins, none of them has the potential to be able to beat the bitcoins. Bitcoins is far more established than all the other altcoins at the moment. Yes, we can never say that bitcoin will be forever popular. who knows what will be the new invention in coins after 20+ years or so ?

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
Pangia

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 06:27:00 PM

Seeing the current altcoins, none of them has the potential to be able to beat the bitcoins. Bitcoins is far more established than all the other altcoins at the moment. Yes, we can never say that bitcoin will be forever popular. who knows what will be the new invention in coins after 20+ years or so ?

Right anything is possible in future and we come across through new technology which can be far better then bitcoins and would be having no drawbacks as bitcoin is having at a moment regarding confirmation time and transaction fees and if people find it better then they will stop using bitcoins.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 07:40:07 PM

Right anything is possible in future and we come across through new technology which can be far better then bitcoins and would be having no drawbacks as bitcoin is having at a moment regarding confirmation time and transaction fees and if people find it better then they will stop using bitcoins.

I agree with you if bitcoin stop where is now it will have some value but it will be funny shitcoin in 10years without changes. Market-cap dominance shows that BTC fall and fall and fall but NEVER RECOVER previous HIGH.

http://coinmarketcap.com/charts/#btc-percentage

that chart shows that in 20ty years BTC will be one of many cryptocurrency with 10% dominance with good luck. If miners will be in control instead of developers future of BTC is doomed.
If those miners would have GOOD DEVs then ok but BU show that miners have amateurs.

BTC needs to evolve and IMO way of miners simply increasing blocksize is JOKE from innovation Smiley

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
dadaas

Activity: 490

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 08:49:27 PM

I don't think that bitcoin will be ever replaced by any other crypto currency as I don't see any competition to bitcoin at a moment and even in future bitcoin will keep on updating itself with the demand of people so its hard for any crypto to replace bitcoins.
duckydonald

Activity: 378

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 09:26:33 PM

I don't think that bitcoin will be ever replaced by any other crypto currency as I don't see any competition to bitcoin at a moment and even in future bitcoin will keep on updating itself with the demand of people so its hard for any crypto to replace bitcoins.

There is no competition for bitcoin at a moment but it can be changed in future when new technology will arrive and at that time there is a possibility that bitcoin can get replaced by other currency.
President79

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 04:31:54 AM

For currently yes, but I'm sure someday there will be another coin that replaced the bitcoin. The main power of bitcoin is the first and most popular, most users, and supported other developers. But a big issue like taxes, illegal transactions, and the number of confirmation if not resolved then the user will run out.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 06:33:05 AM

For currently yes, but I'm sure someday there will be another coin that replaced the bitcoin. The main power of bitcoin is the first and most popular, most users, and supported other developers. But a big issue like taxes, illegal transactions, and the number of confirmation if not resolved then the user will run out.
Those illegal transactions are cannot be solved in bitcoin because of the anonymity feature of bitcoin and that is why the criminals are using and abusing bitcoin but we can't avoid that because even in our fiat money that is happening and there still a lot of criminals that using fiat to do illegal transactions. Those big issues that you stated can be solved in just a few months of development for bitcoin but those illegal transactions are exempted.
Biggapp

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 08:13:10 AM

There is no competition for bitcoin at a moment but it can be changed in future when new technology will arrive and at that time there is a possibility that bitcoin can get replaced by other currency.
i think bitcoin is the most popular currency as majority of people are using it and as you think that in future it could be replace by new currency with the arrive of new technologies, well so i think that when in future the new technologies arrive so bitcoin will also adopt these technologies and update its self.
choppork

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 05:02:20 PM

There is always some changes but it is very unrealistic if we talk about future. Bitcoin is a good coin and there is no coin that has a great features as bitcoin, however if another coin do really overcome bitcoin then the users will be cut in half because people thinks the new one is better but unsure of it cause lot of bitcoin users will stick to what they're used to, so it means that the coin doesn't really overcome bitcoin but it is just been a substitute instead.

That's only the case at the start. Everybody is afraid of embracing that is something new. Everybody wants the traditional way of things, that's why most people still stick to using fiat even when they know that bitcoin exists. Only the risk takers and the people that do their own research are the ones that adapt change at first. The new coin can be legit with no bugs at all, in other words, a perfect coin, but not everyone will still use it. People will still doubt the legitimacy of the coin and will only start using it when they saw that other people are using it.

That's the thing with adoption, honestly. People tend to look at other people first. If they are not doing it, then he will not do it as well. People always want to stick with the majority of the population so if the majority of the population is still using bitcoins, then other people will also continue using bitcoins even when there's a much better coin. This is the very reason why is growth is really really slow at first and then just sky rocket at some point.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 06:57:28 PM

i think bitcoin is the most popular currency as majority of people are using it and as you think that in future it could be replace by new currency with the arrive of new technologies, well so i think that when in future the new technologies arrive so bitcoin will also adopt these technologies and update its self.
although everything is possible and bitcoin can be replace by any other currency but still i will like to add that as bitcoin is still the number one currency of the world and people from all over the world are investing their money here therefore in current position not a single currency can take its place and may be it will really take a long long time.
logicgate

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 07:15:06 PM

although everything is possible and bitcoin can be replace by any other currency but still i will like to add that as bitcoin is still the number one currency of the world and people from all over the world are investing their money here therefore in current position not a single currency can take its place and may be it will really take a long long time.
well you are right that bitcoin will be number one for long time and if the pioneer of bitcoin will update it with the arrival of new technologies than it will be always the head of the other cryptocurrencies but if they leave the bitcoin in the same position in the future and ignore updating it then there is possibility that it can be replace by another currency.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2017, 08:11:29 AM

Those illegal transactions are cannot be solved in bitcoin because of the anonymity feature of bitcoin and that is why the criminals are using and abusing bitcoin but we can't avoid that because even in our fiat money that is happening and there still a lot of criminals that using fiat to do illegal transactions. Those big issues that you stated can be solved in just a few months of development for bitcoin but those illegal transactions are exempted

Personally, I don't think that criminals are massively using Bitcoin

At least, not big fish and not in the amounts in which cash is used for illegal operations, activities, and transactions. Bitcoin is far from being anonymous (it is pseudoanonymous, at most), all Bitcoin transactions (at least, on-chain transactions which still make up the total majority of transactions) are permanently written on the blockchain for everyone to see and analyze them. In fact, I'm really fascinated why people still consider Bitcoin anonymous, you can't even say that coin mixers are not used by government agencies as nodes to specifically track big Bitcoin transactions

Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 232 »
  Print  

Jump to: