Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:13:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: (JWL) JEWELS 🔷 HEROES LAUNCHED 🔷 1ST JWL USE CASE 🔷 TRADING ON BITTREX  (Read 212606 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rezilient

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 03:36:03 PM

I see on promotional video you can have games of football ingame as well that is cool and another avenue for people to make bets on which side wins?
After looking you can have a whole world of different bets going on ingame, this is super exciting for Jewels and its investors.

Football in-game will be right up my street and very funny.

Some kind of tournament play between guilds maybe a possibility in future?

You don't pay enough.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Menereron

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 03:45:41 PM

I see on promotional video you can have games of football ingame as well that is cool and another avenue for people to make bets on which side wins?
After looking you can have a whole world of different bets going on ingame, this is super exciting for Jewels and its investors.

Yup mine too, I love football, betting and gaming. To have all three would be crazy and I think my wife would end up having something to say after I spend so much time on it lol Are there many guilds out there do you know?
Pro4Never

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2016, 03:47:07 PM

That's actually something we were considering doing. I think it's safe to say it will make its debut in the Heroes server.

The plan was to have a 'tournament night' where you'd sign up with a group of friends, choose a name for your team and you'd be paired off in a single elimination tournament. There would be prizes for each round won as well as bonuses for top 8, top 3 and ultimate champion. We really like the concept but because we want a fairly in-depth system for it (a proper UI for the tournament brackets), it's better done in the new source with its html5 browser support. That way all of the tournament and team management systems will simply be an embedded website and can be managed easier.

Currently there is no betting on tournaments. That is something we will be allowing in the Heroes server for sure though. Similar to the football tournament mentioned above, there will be similar systems in place for general PVP events, team pvp events, soccer, etc. You will be able to wager on teams you think will win using in-game currency or jewels. That's something we have to be careful with though to avoid abuse. We don't want people manipulating brackets for profit because it would take away from the fun of the actual event.

Yup mine too, I love football, betting and gaming. To have all three would be crazy and I think my wife would end up having something to say after I spend so much time on it lol Are there many guilds out there do you know?

There's a number of large guilds right now. Generally people collapse into large guilds or alliances to compete in the weekly guild war (guilds fight for control of a castle and then defend it from other groups of attackers). Smaller guilds are generally focused on friends who want to chat or hang out together rather than for competitive events.

The new project also contains a 'clan' system. Clans are limited to 12 members total and members receive a percentage of eachother's strength. It strongly encourages players who often join events together to make their own clan and there will be a number of events dedicated to clans specifically (as they already represent a tight knit group of active players, perfect for forming teams!)
Menereron

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 04:10:06 PM

Currently there is no betting on tournaments. That is something we will be allowing in the Heroes server for sure though. Similar to the football tournament mentioned above, there will be similar systems in place for general PVP events, team pvp events, soccer, etc. You will be able to wager on teams you think will win using in-game currency or jewels. That's something we have to be careful with though to avoid abuse. We don't want people manipulating brackets for profit because it would take away from the fun of the actual event.

There's a number of large guilds right now. Generally people collapse into large guilds or alliances to compete in the weekly guild war (guilds fight for control of a castle and then defend it from other groups of attackers). Smaller guilds are generally focused on friends who want to chat or hang out together rather than for competitive events.

The new project also contains a 'clan' system. Clans are limited to 12 members total and members receive a percentage of eachother's strength. It strongly encourages players who often join events together to make their own clan and there will be a number of events dedicated to clans specifically (as they already represent a tight knit group of active players, perfect for forming teams!)

All the pvp tournaments will give a lot of extra reason to play the game and caters for many more. I am even more excited for the Heroes server now and I am definitively going to be nagged when I start playing. Yeah that is something that needs to be address, not manipulating brackets will be key to the experience remaining fun.

This sounds interesting and I can't wait to learn more about the game, attacking the castle and defending  Cool still very newbie here but you have gave me much information that I know I will be having a ball once I get going and learn more.

The clan system sounds similar to when I used to play clan wars on Call of Duty and that describes what I know well. We can hopefully build a newbie Guild and Clan from crypto, even if we're not the greatest over time I'm sure we will do well  Tongue And will be good to just hang out with like minded guys.
EpyxZ

Activity: 994

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 04:30:58 PM

I know this is not about jewels but about apex. Is there any new video's out showing new stuff? Smiley looked on youtube but pretty much everything i ran across is from 2015. Just curious if theres anything recent with new patches / items etc Smiley sorry got a few people that im trying to pull into the game so I can kill em. well the wife can kill em :p
Pro4Never

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2016, 04:32:46 PM

I know this is not about jewels but about apex. Is there any new video's out showing new stuff? Smiley looked on youtube but pretty much everything i ran across is from 2015. Just curious if theres anything recent with new patches / items etc Smiley sorry got a few people that im trying to pull into the game so I can kill em. well the wife can kill em :p

At that point we had stopped doing the video patch notes because we found very few people were bothering to watch them (they seemed to prefer to read the text version on our website). We felt the time used to make those videos was better spent elsewhere. I think with the new server though it would be worthwhile to do them again as some people certainly enjoyed watching them.
rezilient

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 04:40:27 PM

Your wife sounds fun  Tongue The new game will soon be upon us then you have a mountain of new items and 'stuff' to tell your friends about it.

That's actually something we were considering doing. I think it's safe to say it will make its debut in the Heroes server.

The plan was to have a 'tournament night' where you'd sign up with a group of friends, choose a name for your team and you'd be paired off in a single elimination tournament. There would be prizes for each round won as well as bonuses for top 8, top 3 and ultimate champion. We really like the concept but because we want a fairly in-depth system for it (a proper UI for the tournament brackets), it's better done in the new source with its html5 browser support. That way all of the tournament and team management systems will simply be an embedded website and can be managed easier.

That is brilliant to hear it will make it's debut on the Heroes server. 'The tournament night' sounds like it will be a busy night filled with gaming fun. I will stay eagerly tuned to here more closer to the time. Thanks for your speedy reply Pro4Never.

You don't pay enough.
Sourgummies

Activity: 728

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 06:51:52 PM

There has been some minor updates to our OP with the shift in rank of our account allowing some elevated privillages Smiley

Would you like to join the Jewels Team?

We are looking to hire some Brand Ambassadors for various languages. As a Brand Ambassador, you will have a few tasks:
  • Maintain a thread with a translated OP
  • Translate dev. posts on a daily basis to native language
  • Questions and answers by devs on main thread should be translated to native language
  • Forward questions from native language to us and translate our response
  • Publicly represent us on/in trollboxes the native language section, Other forums
  • Misc. / Other Tasks (TBD)

If you would be interested in such a position, please post here or send us an email at jewels@apexconquer.com with some background information about yourself, the language(s) you speak, your presence in the native language sections of the forum and on other forums related to digital currencies. Any prior experience you have had with public relations, any projects crypto realted that you have worked on and we will contact you back shortly.

Answering Questions
So are jewels the current of apex conquer and can freely traded within and without the game as wished ? So I may deposit jewels into the fame to buy said item from said player then later when I'm stronger I can sell said item for jewels and have the option of spending them or withdrawing them ?
That is correct bearing in mind to trade Jewels between players requires maturity so either you must have gotten those Jewels from owning it as actual coins or from a mature Paypal payment. You can trade items purchased with Jewels and sell items in game for Jewels as you see fit Smiley

Later on, the Jewels market place will simplify this process greatly.

Great looking project!
I have a question about the paypal fund and how it's filled. Will you be waiting for it to be depleted and then going to the market and market buying another million jwl, will it be refilled as orders come in, will you be buying only on market or are OTC deals also possible?
As Pro4Never stated there is no set strict timeline currently. We will be monitoring the initial market and then be creating a schedule based on initial demand which will be announced. This will of course change in the future as demand continues to change. There will not OTC deals, we will be using strictly the exchange. Of course, we cannot give an exact time for when we will be purchasing because this could be used to leverage the market Smiley

Good idea, I think I'm going to create my game this week and start an ingame currency with ICo. Can anyone make game easy? Will there be player games in game to win Jewels, "duel to win Jewel" and how about mining?

I like the idea of dueling to win more Jewels, maybe win whatever they have at the time of defeat Cheesy but then the game could become gangs or people taking everyones Jewels.

You're going to create a game in a week and start an ICO made me nearly fall of my chair lol nice joke that was. No not anyone can make a game like this, infact a very very small number of people could and it would take a very long time. I believe their is 60k of lines of code.

Mining in-game sounds very interesting actually and I'd like to hear more.

Dueling for Jewels is an interesting idea as "fastblade" and "scentsword" (two pvp skills) dueling is very common in Apex! We will probably pursue this idea in the future, as is the ability to mine (in the game) Jewels. Of course mining in game for clarification is nothing like the word mining in crypto, so it will be strictly based on some random number generation. We will seek other avenues of incorporating Jewels use cases in the game and poll the community for feedback.

As a reminder, we're also looking for artists, modelers, etc

Resumes can be sent to hr@apexconquer.com please be sure to link to any public portfolio you have ideally with a focus on some of the following skills.

-Character modeling, texturing, rigging and animation
-Promotional art. Banners, gifs, logos, etc
-Clean, professional GUI designs
-Experience with Unity engine (particles, shaders, etc)

Obviously we don't expect one candidate to be able to do everything, those are simple some of the subcategories of work that we will be looking to hire out. We will be reviewing resumes and contacting applicants throughout the next couple of months in regards to freelance work we may have for their particular set of talents.

Thanks for taking the time the respond to me directly. I have given it some thought and I think what would be best is if you replenish the paypal fund every time its below 65% of its starting value and try to make the filling up last about a week, that way you can buy slowly and not cause a pump. That way you wont cause "pumps & dumps" nor will you cause a panic in the community when you stop buying till its time to refill it up again.
EpyxZ

Activity: 994

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 07:03:14 PM

Your wife sounds fun  Tongue The new game will soon be upon us then you have a mountain of new items and 'stuff' to tell your friends about it.

Ya fun till she takes over the pc :p cant wait for the new game Smiley
rezilient

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 08:05:30 PM

Ya fun till she takes over the pc :p cant wait for the new game Smiley

I know the feeling mine used to do the same playing Forza. You know when the new game comes out she is going to be worse than before?

You don't pay enough.
Gutembergin

Activity: 176

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 08:31:11 PM

Coin Information
Total Coins - 20 Million
Algorithm - POS v3
Reward - 0.5 JWL per block
Maturity - 4 Hours
Dev Fund - 1,000,000 JWL
Payapl Reserve Fund - 1,000,000 JWL

Regularly throughout each day, funds invested through user addresses will be sent to the following address and remain there until the end of the crowdfunding: 1MobH7Ugp1aXjiq3dRG8U31F3pBumWb4Q9

For an accurate number of how many has been raised, see the ICO page above.

The sale will end on September 1st, 12:00am UTC (GMT 0:00)

We have a minimum goal of 200 BTC ($120,000.00 USD). It should be noted that we are also seeking means of investment capital outside of Bitcoin Talk as well as negotiating private deals. Discussions regarding private deals and partnerships which will not affect the Jewels ICO or distribution. Strictly speaking, we are looking to have a starting capital of $120,000 or more which will come from the ICO as well as outside investors. If at the end even after factoring in outside investments we have a budget less than $120,000 USD we will first seek to establish a new roadmap for development based on the available budget. Once we know this, we will then publish this information publicly and allow those who invested to vote weighted by their investment on whether we should proceed. If the majority votes "no" implying that they wish to be refunded then Jewels project will not proceed and we will begin the process of issuing a refund of all BTC. On the contrary, if the majority votes "yes" implying they wish to proceed despite the change in timeline which likely implies delayed schedules we will continue distribution and proceed with Jewels as intended.

Jewels Introduction
Jewels (“JWL”) is a virtual currency that will be used throughout the “Pro4Never Network” as it grows. It’s primary value will stem from bitcoin backing and US Dollars.  We would like to stress Jewels will be usable throughout several games that we are developing. Currently, it’s primary use case will be in that of “Apex Conquer” a game that has been created by Pro4Never.

Jewels in “Apex Conquer” have a few use cases such as:
  • Gambling with Jewels vs House
    • Slots, Dice, Blackjack, etc.
  • In game p2p gambling
  • Used to purchase products in game
    • Items
    • Content
    • Features
    • Visual Cosmetics (designs, customization, etc)
    • Tradable for in game currency (p2p trading)

Jewels can be purchased (after the ICO) through two means via bitcoin on the exchanges or through Paypal (See “Paypal Jewels & Maturity”). Since there is a use-case for Jewels in Apex, there will always be a demand hence the market will always have some form of liquidity backing it as users seek to acquire Jewels to use in game. However, there will be other use cases for Jewels in the near future (see “Development”) and because of this we expect the demand for Jewels to increase in time while the supply remains fairly consistent.

Paypal Jewels & Maturity
There will be a reserved amount of Jewels to be sold via Paypal as this is the most common means of purchase that players are most familiar with. The price of Jewels in USD will be derived from the two markets JWL/USD = JWL/BTC * BTC/USD.

Paypal will be used as a proxy for purchasing Jewels off the market. As the reserve of Jewels for paypal purchases depletes funds received via Paypal will be used to purchase bitcoin used to purchase Jewels from the exchanges thereby adding liquidity to the market.

When Paypal is used to buy Jewels, the Jewels will be added to the user’s account on-site and ingame, however these Jewels will be considered “immature” meaning they cannot be traded or withdrawn from the site for 45 days, however can be used in-game (Apex) to purchase items usable on your character. If immature Jewels are used to purchase in-game (Apex) items, the items will be bound to your character and non-tradable without paying a fee unbind them.

The reason for this maturity system is due to the fact money can be refunded on Paypal thus leaving us open to “giving away free money.” As your account builds a more accredited history with the “Pro4Never Network” the duration on Paypal Jewels maturity will be decreased to more lenient values.

Any Jewels purchased via bitcoin are always considered mature since bitcoin and blockchain transactions are irreversible.

Who is Pro4Never?

Hello, I’m Pro4Never (Chris Cook). I’m the owner and lead programmer behind Apex Conquer. I’ve been involved in the game server community for over a decade with my primary focus having been on implementing the best possible content for my players and setting my projects apart through professional player support, consistent releases of new content, updates and bug fixes.

The Pro4Never tag has stuck with me throughout my programming projects, as a gamer tag and as a livestream I hosted for over a year. In the gaming community Apex Conquer one of my projects which has acquired a strong reputation built on reliability and my interest in making sure that the content we release is stuff never before seen in similar games. I also have a long history of moderating on the ElitePVPers website, one of the largest independent gaming forums with over 6 million members.

In the past I’ve released a number of open source game servers, done freelance programming work for other developers and done many years of tech support for various clients. The past year and a half I’ve spent developing and maintaining Apex Conquer. I’ve been able to turn the project into my full time job as well as growing the scope of the project to include 3 different server projects. Later this summer we plan to launch our biggest server yet which is where this Jewels project will be best utilized.

What is Apex Conquer?

Apex Conquer is a game based off a Chinese Fantasy Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (“MMORPG”) and is entirely free to play (“F2P”). It is an old-school styled game similar to that of Diablo 2 is its visuals, themes and game play feel. The game is focused on player vs. player interaction where players compete via combat to prove who is the best in game as well as improve their characters as they progress further in terms of leveling up and increasing the strengths and defenses of said characters. As this is a player vs. player driven game, items can be achieved through the interaction of killing other players in game (“PKing”).

Apex has successfully been online and running for 18 months while maintaining a healthy profit margin providing a steady income for "Pro4Never" while also being able to cover server costs, maintenance fees, etc. It has over 60,000 lines of code just in its game server code alone; 50,000 registered users and sees nearly 2,000 unique players online each day with about 300-600 players on at any given point in time of the day. The game has successfully demonstrated player retention as many who play tend to play for very long periods times as well they eventually spend money on the game.

There are four classes to choose from depending on your playstyle and over a dozen unique in game player vs player events. The player based is very familiar and accepting of random-number-generated based games. That is luck based games such as slots, raffle draws, etc. which shows promise for a large overlap in the bitcoin world of provably fair gambling.

Why Funds Are Being Raised / Project Rebirth Development

This can be summarized into one simple word: Expansion. The “Pro4Never Network” has been constantly expanding over the last few years. What started with “Redux” has now been broken down into two servers “Apex” and “Triumph” (EU) and soon a new server based off the same game with far more content will be released (“Heroes”) in the upcoming month. Having all these different products is difficult to maintain as one person, but is still possible.

Project Rebirth will be an entirely new game built from ground up which makes it evidently clear that "Pro4never" will need to assemble a team of skilled individuals to create this new game from scratch. While Project Rebirth may be similar in style of game to Apex, it is a completely new game built from ground up and is not a content expansion like “Heroes” is to “Apex” meaning that everything needs to be rewritten. Pro4Never has already shown expertise in the field of game creation and marketing hence Project Rebirth was an inevitable goal.

The most difficult part to developing any game is having a robust client allowing the game to give birth to a beautiful surreal world where a player can become immersed in it. To make this happen Pro4Never will need to put together and fund to build a team. While one individual is not restricted to doing one job, the requirements of this are immense as it requires Unity asset and game developers, web developers, web designers, server administration and as you can see the list goes on. Therefore, this is where a portion of the funds will be spent (on project development).

After the product has been developed, and in-house tested, the next step is public-beta testing.  This is very common in the gaming industry, however it requires hype and awareness about the game being released which brings us to our next important expenditure: advertisement and public relations. Many games such as Blade & Soul, Guild Wars 2 are created with the inherent expectation that many players will (always) be on in specific areas, even at the start of the game. Being able to rely on this gives rise to creating an immersive experience of quests, battles, etc. where you work together with surrounding players making the environment feel more alive rather than needing to explicitly form parties and find teammates. The expectation of players always being around you in main areas allows for a dynamic of events which makes the world feel more real and less repetitive giving birth to an enjoyable player versus environment experience (something that most games lack).

Key points of fund usage: Expansion, advertisement, development, assets/art, web development (gambling, website changes, etc), client development, server development, various tools to simply work (i.e. map editor and other client development tools)

The Numbers
Here are some bullet point metrics about the current game and servers which may give you a grasp on how things are at the financial level
  • The average user is on 1-3 accounts at the same time (doing various tasks)
  • On average 1 in 20 accounts will spend atleast $4.00 (est. 1 in 6 players).
  • Those who’ve paid for things, average out to $80.00 an account (over a year and a half)
  • The most common amount a user will spend is about $25.00 at once
  • At peak revenue, the gross was 8,000.00 - 12,000.00 USD/mo.
  • 250 - 600 players on at any given time
  • Around 2000 unique accounts accessed via logging in each day
  • The new server “Heroes” is expected to increase player count due to its appeal with new content and can therefore be better monetized via Jewels

The game has since shrunk since its peak due to limited scope of availability of the current project "Apex". There is not enough content for players who are “finished” their characters and the more content that is added puts a wider gap between a new player and old players. The new server “Heroes” will launch with a much larger variety of content such as new classes, weapons quests, events and tournaments and many other things that players will be able to spend money on as well as giving old players the chance to start anew. Please see the road map below for more details.

Road Map
Since there are various projects going on, we’ve broken down the road map into sections related to specific projects / tasks.

• July 2016
    • Jewels
      • Crowdfunding Starts
    • Apex
      • Integration of Jewels (as a currency)
      • Apex’s design is finalized
  • August 2016
    • Jewels
      • Crowdfunding Ends
      • Paypal Processor
      • Standalone (Web) Jewels Gambling Development
    • Apex
      • Integration of Jewels Gambling Games
      • Dice, Slots, etc.
    • Heroes
      • Release of new server “Heroes”
      • Content expansion from “Apex” (Jewels integrated on Release) - New classes, quests, etc.
  • Fall 2016 (Q4)    
    • Project Rebirth
      • Prototype Development
      • Initial Concept Paper Released
      • PR / Discussion / vLogs on Rebirth
      • Begin reviewing resume submissions
  • Winter 2017 (Q1)
    • Project Rebirth
      • Official project development starts

Promotional Material

More to come.

Team Speak: conqueronline.info
Forum: www.apexconquer.com/forum

Your thoughts, ideas and feedback will greatly contribute to the success of our newly launching server Heroes and the concept development of Project Rebirth.
Thank you.

I will give you my thoughts and feedback
  • Apex looks cool but Heroes looks cooler
  • Jewels for paypal scares me even with the security measures you put in place because maybe fraudsters can find away around this
  • Im worried that the time needed to build Hereo's and Project Rebirth is being underestimated
  • I do think that if someone can do this you probably can because after going through your posts and updates to your own community I can tell you've got drive and desire and that client support is very important to you

I see you already have over 20 BTC invested. I assume if the goal is reached it will be the amount of BTC/# of JWL to get the cost of the coin. Also just wanted to make sure there will be no investment bonnus added at a later time. Everyone who invests gets the same rate and amount no matter when they invest. Right?[/list]
MarkBM

Activity: 141

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 09:50:30 PM

How will the updates be given out to the community? I think it should be considered that having a slack or discord could be a good way to get updates out. For example,id like to know how the hero testing is coming along. Will it still be released next month? All this can be posted on a private channel like slack or did you ever consider a blog where you can post daily or semi daily updates. It could be as simple as a blog tab on the top of the apex conquer site.

Pro4Never

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2016, 10:26:30 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2016, 10:37:04 PM by Pro4Never

How will the updates be given out to the community? I think it should be considered that having a slack or discord could be a good way to get updates out. For example,id like to know how the hero testing is coming along. Will it still be released next month? All this can be posted on a private channel like slack or did you ever consider a blog where you can post daily or semi daily updates. It could be as simple as a blog tab on the top of the apex conquer site.

Patch notes are listed on our homepage for the heroes project.

www.ConquerHeroes.com

There has been some health issues that delayed the launch but we are still aiming for a launch that coincides with the end of the ICO (Sept 1st). If there are any significant delays forseen they will be posted there.

After the 1.0 launch of Heroes we will be returning to our old structure of doing videos for path overviews. We're aiming for a stable weekly patch schedule but if there are any significant issues found we will of course address them immediately rather than waiting.

• Jewels for paypal scares me even with the security measures you put in place because maybe fraudsters can find away around this
    • Im worried that the time needed to build Hereo's and Project Rebirth is being underestimated
    • I do think that if someone can do this you probably can because after going through your posts and updates to your own community I can tell you've got drive and desire and that client support is very important to you

I see you already have over 20 BTC invested. I assume if the goal is reached it will be the amount of BTC/# of JWL to get the cost of the coin. Also just wanted to make sure there will be no investment bonnus added at a later time. Everyone who invests gets the same rate and amount no matter when they invest. Right?[/list]

Jewels for Paypal is a fairly low risk venture. The jewels can not be withdrawn or traded until after the chargepack period has ended. Assuming someone bought jewels and then did a chargeback, those jewels (and any items purchased with them in game) would still be inside our system and the accounts can be banned/the jewels recovered. In order to trade or gamble the jewels, players will need to go through an exchange, wait until the paypal transaction is 'finalized' (no reversal possible), use the automated conversion tools inside our wallet, or trade with other players who have done so.

Timeline is quite realistic. Heroes has been in development for over a year now (not full time development, we have been very busy with adding new features and content to apex during that time). The server is fully playable and online for testing now. We're simply looking for final bugs, tweaking the rates and adding new content. Technically speaking we could go ahead and launch the server with a few days of prep work. We're giving ourselves a few more week to make sure we catch any issues and to make sure the launch is as exciting as possible for players.

The timeline for Rebirth could be a bit confusing I agree. We're aiming for a Q4 2016 networking prototype. That simply means we'll have finalized our design for the client<>server communication and have a working prototype of both the client and server. This does not account for any actual game content, it's simply a foundation for us to build the game ontop of. This allows us to publish the first draft of our design document which will cover what the game will consist of and how we will go about integrating the necessary features.

Mid 2017 we then aim to have a pre-alpha client ready for testing. This does NOT mean a remotely finished product, it simply means we'll have our concept art turned into the first set of character designs, some working skills in place and a map or two. This will allow us to bring in a few players to test how the game itself will work (how does the combat feel, do they like the direction the design of the game is going in, etc). There is no accurate way for us to give a full timeline for that project because we dont know how many developers we'd be hiring to work on it. The timeline we've given is the work we'd be doing with a small dedicated team to turn it into something playable to demonstrate the core concepts of the game, nothing more.
    JewelsProject (OP)

Activity: 196

Official Jewels Dev Account.

View Profile WWW
    August 18, 2016, 02:47:44 AM
    Last edit: August 18, 2016, 02:58:54 AM by JewelsProject

www.ConquerHeroes.com

There has been some health issues that delayed the launch but we are still aiming for a launch that coincides with the end of the ICO (Sept 1st). If there are any significant delays forseen they will be posted there.

After the 1.0 launch of Heroes we will be returning to our old structure of doing videos for path overviews. We're aiming for a stable weekly patch schedule but if there are any significant issues found we will of course address them immediately rather than waiting.

Jewels for Paypal is a fairly low risk venture. The jewels can not be withdrawn or traded until after the chargepack period has ended. Assuming someone bought jewels and then did a chargeback, those jewels (and any items purchased with them in game) would still be inside our system and the accounts can be banned/the jewels recovered. In order to trade or gamble the jewels, players will need to go through an exchange, wait until the paypal transaction is 'finalized' (no reversal possible), use the automated conversion tools inside our wallet, or trade with other players who have done so.

Timeline is quite realistic. Heroes has been in development for over a year now (not full time development, we have been very busy with adding new features and content to apex during that time). The server is fully playable and online for testing now. We're simply looking for final bugs, tweaking the rates and adding new content. Technically speaking we could go ahead and launch the server with a few days of prep work. We're giving ourselves a few more week to make sure we catch any issues and to make sure the launch is as exciting as possible for players.

The timeline for Rebirth could be a bit confusing I agree. We're aiming for a Q4 2016 networking prototype. That simply means we'll have finalized our design for the client<>server communication and have a working prototype of both the client and server. This does not account for any actual game content, it's simply a foundation for us to build the game ontop of. This allows us to publish the first draft of our design document which will cover what the game will consist of and how we will go about integrating the necessary features.

Mid 2017 we then aim to have a pre-alpha client ready for testing. This does NOT mean a remotely finished product, it simply means we'll have our concept art turned into the first set of character designs, some working skills in place and a map or two. This will allow us to bring in a few players to test how the game itself will work (how does the combat feel, do they like the direction the design of the game is going in, etc). There is no accurate way for us to give a full timeline for that project because we dont know how many developers we'd be hiring to work on it. The timeline we've given is the work we'd be doing with a small dedicated team to turn it into something playable to demonstrate the core concepts of the game, nothing more.

Just to briefly summarize this post, we already have some things planned that we're going ahead with no matter what (esp. for Conquer Heroes) but for Project Rebirth which is very dependent on the amount of funds we raise now, it's hard to impose strict development roadmap without knowing what kind of a budget we're working with. We could probably loosely put together a roadmap based on $120,000 but if we raise more we would then need to spend time revising said time map and do it all over again. Redundancy is never a good thing Tongue

I see you already have over 20 BTC invested. I assume if the goal is reached it will be the amount of BTC/# of JWL to get the cost of the coin. Also just wanted to make sure there will be no investment bonnus added at a later time. Everyone who invests gets the same rate and amount no matter when they invest. Right?

That's correct.

Tacalt

Activity: 294
      Merit: 250

View Profile
      August 18, 2016, 03:15:53 AM

www.ConquerHeroes.com

Will the team testing Rebirth be purely in house or what? Will / are you be accepting resumes for QA as well? I know this is far off in the future but wondering how you're going to approach this. For some reason I find QA for an MMO a bit funny... get paid to play a MMO... seems legit.
        ranlo
        Legendary

Activity: 1974
        Merit: 1007

View Profile
        August 18, 2016, 03:25:27 AM

www.ConquerHeroes.com

Will the team testing Rebirth be purely in house or what? Will / are you be accepting resumes for QA as well? I know this is far off in the future but wondering how you're going to approach this. For some reason I find QA for an MMO a bit funny... get paid to play a MMO... seems legit.

QA for MMOs is generally (every case I know of, so probably always?) done through a semi-closed, invite-only Alpha. These are non-paid. Doesn't mean this group will do it the same way, but every AAA MMO in existence has done it like this.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
          Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
          Tacalt

View Profile
          August 18, 2016, 03:30:12 AM

www.ConquerHeroes.com

QA for MMOs is generally (every case I know of, so probably always?) done through a semi-closed, invite-only Alpha. These are non-paid. Doesn't mean this group will do it the same way, but every AAA MMO in existence has done it like this.

Thanks for your insight as that's what I thought but wasn't 100% sure about it. Usually after this, they do the whole open beta thing yeah? Where now instead of just chosen testers anyone can play and test things and report bugs? Would be down to apply to be a part of a closed team but gonna assume they're not accepting applications for that yet till closer to testing time... so we'll see what the developer says I suppose.
            ranlo
            Legendary

Activity: 1974
            Merit: 1007

View Profile
            August 18, 2016, 04:03:19 AM

//stuff removed for brevity

Thanks for your insight as that's what I thought but wasn't 100% sure about it. Usually after this, they do the whole open beta thing yeah? Where now instead of just chosen testers anyone can play and test things and report bugs? Would be down to apply to be a part of a closed team but gonna assume they're not accepting applications for that yet till closer to testing time... so we'll see what the developer says I suppose.

They go through three phases, generally:

1) Closed, invite-only Alpha (this will be a developer+friend/family version while the game is being built. Usually there will be a very select group of others invited, as well, around 30 people or so at the max)
            2) Closed, invite-only Closed Beta (this will be more open. Usually it will involve a lot more invites, and towards the end there will be a stress test. As of lately, developers have been adding access to this when you pre-order their deluxe versions)
            3) Open, everyone's-invited Open Beta (at this point, everyone can join in. The bugs have largely been worked out in Alpha/Closed Beta, and this is mostly focused on stress testing and analyzing behavior to find things like exploits)

Hope this helps.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
            Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
            Tacalt

View Profile
            August 18, 2016, 05:04:29 AM

//stuff removed for brevity

They go through three phases, generally:

1) Closed, invite-only Alpha (this will be a developer+friend/family version while the game is being built. Usually there will be a very select group of others invited, as well, around 30 people or so at the max)
            2) Closed, invite-only Closed Beta (this will be more open. Usually it will involve a lot more invites, and towards the end there will be a stress test. As of lately, developers have been adding access to this when you pre-order their deluxe versions)
            3) Open, everyone's-invited Open Beta (at this point, everyone can join in. The bugs have largely been worked out in Alpha/Closed Beta, and this is mostly focused on stress testing and analyzing behavior to find things like exploits)

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the extra details again mate, appreciate it.
            Gutembergin

Activity: 176

View Profile
            August 18, 2016, 05:20:48 AM

www.ConquerHeroes.com

So there zero possibility of someone purchasing JWL with paypal, and taking it out of the system before the payment has cleared. No in game trading or any way to hustle it out,hack it out, scam it out, obviously you've thought of this but I just need to reconfirm. When do you think you'll be able to share some of the ProjectRebirth concept art with us. Is this being designed as of yet?

And for the timeline, do you think PR will be out by Jan 2018, working and turning a profit?
              When will Heroes be turning a profit, I know that's supposed to be much sooner but is it like 3 months away 6 months away 9 months away?

and my last question for the night is, Are you willing to sell equity in the "Pro4Never" brand?

I also wanted to say that I appreciate how you take your time to personally answer everyone's questions in detail. So many devs just blow off questions or just make one update a week and not even address the questions asked. Obviously building and running Apex for the last year and earning an income through that has taught you well and set you on the right path. You know, When I invest in most things, a coin, a friends business ect I'm investing in the person or people behind it. Im not investing in the pizza, or subs. Im not investing in "tech" when I invest in coins. I invested in eth because I believed in Vitalik I invested in Bitcoin because I share many of the same beliefs that Satoshi holds dear to him. Obviously you are an investable person and because of this you can already count on my investment. I'm just waiting and asking away till the end of the ico before making my splash.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 165 »
                Print  

Jump to: