Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:56:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 119 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] OPAIR | Decentralized Debit Cards | OCaml | New Blockchain Platform  (Read 127602 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tinaken_v

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 10:07:22 AM

Is there a spreadsheet that needs to be fill in to be part of the signature campagn?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tinaken_v

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 10:09:48 AM

Username: Tinaken_v
Current number of posts: 308

tomsmith26

Activity: 1148
Merit: 512

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 10:10:46 AM

I'm very excited to see the OPAIR ICO launching tomorrow
will invest 1bit for OPAIR ICO
SEABOND

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

http://tinyurl.com/pykjk93

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2016, 11:11:26 AM

Joined Sig Campaign
Username: SEABOND
Current number of posts: 107.

LOOKS GOOD  Kiss Kiss Kiss

Scrypt POW (9%)?

HASH2COINS The Best ASIC Friendly Scrypt Multipool, 0% FEE. Mine now @ http://tinyurl.com/pykjk93
alpsea
Copper Member

Activity: 1274
Merit: 555

https://refpa28543.top/L?tag=d_286347m_1264c_&site

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 12:48:48 PM

Joined Sig Campaign
Username: alpsea
Current number of posts: 305

tomsmith26

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 02:15:33 PM

I have joined the signature campaign

Username:tomsmith26
Current number of posts:61
btc-one

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 02:53:33 PM

When ICO stare?
wasserman99 (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 04:18:30 PM

Username: Tinaken_v
Current number of posts: 308

Joined Sig Campaign
Username: SEABOND
Current number of posts: 107.

LOOKS GOOD  Kiss Kiss Kiss

Scrypt POW (9%)?

Joined Sig Campaign
Username: alpsea
Current number of posts: 305
I have joined the signature campaign

Username:tomsmith26
Current number of posts:61

Hey guys, Welcome abroad!!
Please go to the signature campaign thread to registration purpose..  Here is the link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559043.0

When ICO stare?

In 12 hours.

I'm interested in the project but i wonder... What are the difference between OPAIR and others projects close to it, as stratis? why should we invest in OPAIR?  Huh

We have nothing in common except the fact that both are descendants of bitcoin. As far I know, they are offering his solution as BaaS (Blockchain-as-a-Service) and we are covering the entire spectrum and offer a complete ecosystem that will serve both the ordinary user as large entities that want to make use of our benefits. Take a look:

• Colored Coins

Our goal is to provide support to the Colored Coins, whose objective is to represent and manage any value/asset/fungible good (like equities, bonds, commodities, fiat currencies, game items, etc.) on top of the Opair blockchain. They can be stored digitally without the interference of a third party and be exchanged for other colored coins or standard XPO in a transaction. The code that is responsible for managing the Colored Coins is in the top of the Opair blockchain, so all implementations will allow its use within our wallet and will not need a specific client. This will provide more simplicity, security, will be more capable.

• Smart Contracts

As regards Smart Contracts (to support DAOs, legal contracts, crowdfundings, prediction markets, IoT, Prediction Markets, Dapps, etc.) we decided to work with functional programming instead of imperative programming languages after doing some research on Solidity. Although neither Haskell nor OCaml, the most recognizable functional programming languages, meet our expectations we decided to work with a personalized version of Ocaml. Soon we will be offering a wiki in Github with documents on the language but if you already handle OCaml you should have no problems with it. Our approach will not be to get an easy to code language, instead it will be reaching a solid solution that it will not be easy to be manipulated but it will make a difference. Some considerations about Haskell and Ocaml:

1) Although OCaml a fewer number collection of libraries, these have higher quality than Haskell.

2) OCaml has more presence in industrial and financial solutions. It has a great support for parallel and concurrent computing.

3) Haskell has typeclasses. OCaml has higher-order modules. Typeclasses are good "in the small" for things like overloading arithmetic operators. Modules are good "in the large" for structural industrial-size code bases. For Example: https://ocaml.org/learn/companies.html

4) Both of them have strong points but we had to make up our minds and we chose OCaml for the reasons listed above. For those who handle both languages will surely agree on the fact that OCaml is easier to handle. 

Furthermore we intend to meet online with Xavier Leroy, the main developer of the OCaml System to show him our modifications and insights behind our project. Some more examples: http://cufp.galois.com/2007/slides/XavierLeroy.pdf

• Market Core with decentralized reputation system

The market will allow you to buy and sell gods or services from the Opair´s platform. It will include a system of reputation in which anyone who has made business can qualify the seller bringing trust and transparency. Also it will be separated by categories and tags.

• Private chains

In those cases there will be an entity that will manage the blockchain which can change the  rules, if so desired, revert transactions and modify balances and so on given that they have the write permissions (they can be either public or not). 

Along by the private chains we will give support to a more descentralised (semi) alternative known as consortium chains which will be run by a pre-elected set of nodes instead of only one. Likewise, they will count with advantages with regard to the mainchain depending on the circumstances such as:

1)   It should be point out that speed of transactions will be greater in comparison to the offered in the mainchain due to the fact that there will be few nodes verified and given they are all mostly reliable it will not be necessary to verify them all. These will count with high end computers and the best internet connection. 

2)   Every block chain will be configurable under certain standards that we will establish which will show the requirements and goals of their creators.

3)   Transactions will be far cheaper than the mainchain given that only a few nodes will have to be verified (there will be no need of charging if there is only one person who processes all of the transactions).

As you can imagine these blockchains offer a more efficient, faster and outstanding solution mostly for companies and financial or governamental organizations who can use it for auditing, developing or optimize their organization. Also it will work as a testing ground mostly to test smart contracts, develop or just to play around. Even though in most cases public chains are outstanding, it is equally true that in particular cases a greater control over the chain is imperative. We want to offer along with our platform a solution for both cases.

• Alias System

We want to create an ALIAS system. It will work with a registration, similar to domains, to leave behind those long and tiring traditional adresses. This will benefit especially but not excusively to businesses who wish to join our network.

• Decentralized debit cards

Debit cards were in our minds since day one, for it is one of the preferred payment methods of customers nowadays and we aim to mass market adoption, so this goal may not be too surprising. The idea is to eliminate all the intermediaries in the process in order to save time and money, and also the unwanted consequences that brings centralization (frozen accounts, delays, usage of our own private information, etc). Note that it will have disadvantages such as if you wish to create and load your own cards you will need to have a particular hardware. On the other hand, there will be lots of payment terminals/point of sale terminals that will receive a special update with a custom firmware made by us in order to accept our debit cards (this will happen with payment terminals/point of sale non- EMV compatibles). In most terminals compatible with EMV (for more information about EMV visit: http://www.emv-connection.com/emv-faq/ and https://www.level2kernel.com/emv-guide.html) will work without any problems but you can still use our firmware to have advantages like counting with Opair´s branding or offer high performance.     

It is a system that still needs work on optimization in further tests because we are running tests that run on approximately 8 to 9 seconds per transaction. Said function is going to be one of the first to be optimized in our Beta version (you can find out below how to participate on Beta version).   

Our final goal it is that any person can create their own debit card, anywhere, and a few moments later, carry it out and about without difficulties. We would like to be the firsts in launching this feature that we will be seeked and cherished in the near future and as we are an open source project we would like to share it to all the community as we understand this philosophy as a benefit that benefits the community as a whole. This will also allow growth, improvement and usage from other projects. We understand that Emunie is working in a similar solution but it still not publicly available therefore if we manage to keep it up and running steadily in first place, it will be brilliant. We would like to have a meeting, given the territorial closeness with Fuserleer, which can be very beneficial for both projects. We will try to arrange a meeting between Frank and Fuserleer in the future. 

• Crowdfunding platform

We aim to create a platform that can boost any innovating idea that needs resources or budget to take off. You just need to set a goal, rewards and a deadline. Another perk is that you will find the security that brings a decentralized platform, open sourced and without intermediaries taking big percentages from investments.

• Transactions speed and Scalability

When we speak of scalability, we must speak about one of the most important problems found in blockchains nowadays, that’s why we want Opair to be prepared since day one to support more transactions per second than Bitcoin’s network allows and to offer a top speed for each transaction (seconds, not minutes). This has to be a must-have if we want to reach all audiences and that it enables its use all over the world. 

Ideally we would like, for starters, to get a 200 tps and build up from there as usage grows (as a remainder Bitcoin’s network is restricted to a sustained rate of 7 tps due to the Bitcoin protocol restricting block sizes to 1 MB). Even though there are current solutions that offer 1000 tps  (or more) we believe that they are not following the line of work that we would like. We are taking into consideration a lot of elements like blockchain size, internet bandwidth, processing power, private chains etc., when it comes to outline the course that our solution will offer and analyzing the different alternatives on this subject. On the other hand, regarding private chains, as we said before each of them will be completely configurable under some standards in which the needs and goals of the creators will be reflected. Also given the features mentioned above, they do not have scalability issues, at least not in comparison to public chain.

More information will be available on our White Paper. 

• Privacy Solutions

This is a distant future fieldwork because it is something we do not want to overlook but we understand there more pressing fieldworks before focusing on this matter. 

Speaking about current solutions we discourage the implementation of ring signatures because it “only” generates more layer of anonymity in transactions and not full anonymity. At the moment we do not have clear the path that we will establish in this matter and this will be something we will definitely define in the future given its importance.   

After analyzing current technologies, we consider Zcash proposal is outstanding and it is the only one that offers the level of anonymity that we want to give Opair. Zooko Wilcox and their team behind Zcash have a great solution in their hands and they are a sample of the innovation that can be achieved in that area. Any workthrough regarding the matter will be communicated through our media channels.

Very ambitious. What is your experience (beyond bios)? I don't see deep blockchain experience in the bios. The above requires deep experience and a large dedicated team. This appears to be a part time project for a very small team. What is your plan to execute?

Both Frank and Hao, have not worked in previous projects that include the application of smart contracts but both have the necessary knowledge (they have knowledge of functional programming and OCaml as well), contacts and years of experience in leading companies. Even Hao, is currently working as a blockchain developer at IBM. With the ICO funds we will complete the creation of top level team.

-   When we have enough founds, we would like to use some of them to create a division that will work as an incubator to relevant projects (can be IoT related works, DAO, Dapps, frameworks and so on) in the ecosystem we aim to create in Opair.
-   In Opair, we are looking to increase our team. We want to offer key job positions in our ecosystem. Anyone interested can connect with us through the site or our email. It will be a plus to have references, previous experiences and be located in Germany or England. More details on the jobs to be covered will be announced shortly by our communication channels.

darkjack

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 05:46:34 PM

With the ICO funds we will complete the creation of top level team.

But you state repeatedly that you are reserving 0% for the team.  A couple of us have expressed concern about this.  It's not clear how ICO funds will compensate the team.  Please explain.
YIz

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 05:56:30 PM

But you state repeatedly that you are reserving 0% for the team.  A couple of us have expressed concern about this.  It's not clear how ICO funds will compensate the team.  Please explain.

I agree, I didn't quite get if they are using some of the funds for building a team.
tomsmith26

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 06:28:32 PM

with the POW 9% /91 POS . I think the Admin will reach your success in the launch day
many people want to buy share at ICO opening day
I also excited to reserve my BTC for this coin.
I hope the project will success in the next day
wasserman99 (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 06:28:57 PM

I agree, I didn't quite get if they are using some of the funds for building a team.

Yes, we will use the ICO funds. The problem is that you are used to scams. Normally, a team comes, sells an ICO also stay with 20-30 percent (or more) for themselves as premine and bought at the stage of ICO (free money/fraud). Which is totally unfair and fraud. We want to be different, we want to be fair and transparent with all of you.

Regards

grajson

Activity: 100
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 07:54:13 PM

I am interested in Polish translation, is it 1000 coins for each translator or it's total bounty for translations?

tinaken_v

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 07:58:39 PM

I am interested in Polish translation, is it 1000 coins for each translator or it's total bounty for translations?

I want to do the Ukrainian translation but the reward looks a little low. 1000 coins isn't that much for a 74,000,000 coins. This is really a big text that needs to be translated and it will take several hours to complete it. (unless you use google translate, but i believe you want a decent translation).

asil

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 08:35:23 PM

Hi,

I'm very interested in this project and the many innovations envisioned are stunning. I'd be happy to take part in the ICO and invest some BTC, but I have a few “due diligence” questions first:

- What did you decide regarding the escrow? Did you find one (or two)? If not, let me suggest the well-known (around here) SebastianJu: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=18640

- Could you post more information on yourselves, guys? LinkedIn profiles are so easily bought, nowadays  Undecided Don't get me wrong, I trust you so far, but I think it would help to build trust with investors to move forward a bit. It could be a short video of you guys, saying that indeed you are who you say you are, and currently working on Opair, it would already be a good selling point  Wink Or maybe you have blogs or twitter profiles?

- Any interviews coming (since you're talking about it in the OP)?

- What kind of development have you done with this functional language, Ocaml? Any public example? Or GitHub accounts?

Thank you and good luck!
wasserman99 (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 09:04:09 PM

For each translation.

Hi,

I'm very interested in this project and the many innovations envisioned are stunning. I'd be happy to take part in the ICO and invest some BTC, but I have a few “due diligence” questions first:

- What did you decide regarding the escrow? Did you find one (or two)? If not, let me suggest the well-known (around here) SebastianJu: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=18640

- Could you post more information on yourselves, guys? LinkedIn profiles are so easily bought, nowadays  Undecided Don't get me wrong, I trust you so far, but I think it would help to build trust with investors to move forward a bit. It could be a short video of you guys, saying that indeed you are who you say you are, and currently working on Opair, it would already be a good selling point  Wink Or maybe you have blogs or twitter profiles?

- Any interviews coming (since you're talking about it in the OP)?

- What kind of development have you done with this functional language, Ocaml? Any public example? Or GitHub accounts?

Thank you and good luck!

Hi, Welcome aboard!

First of all, I wanted to thank you for your questions and interest in our project.

- We believe that using an escrow adds nothing to our proposal. We are going to 100% with Opair, giving our identities from the beginning, because we trust in what we do. And we risk that the escrow, which is a person we do not know, decide not to release the funds. You have to keep in mind, there were many large projects that did not use escrow given the legitimacy of its creators. On the other hand, there are many people here in the forum using fake escrow, as you well know. In short, that led us to make this decision. About us, we believe that our LinkedIn data (it is the world's largest professional network) are sufficient. Following your reasoning, we could give you access to any other social account that belongs to Frank, but we're at the same point, since they could also be bought or false. Seems like a good idea create a short video to introduce ourselves. I will communicate it to the other team members and probably will be done in the coming days.

- We are trying to get access to interviews, so far we only have one agreed for next week. If anyone can have access, for whatever reason, a Bitcoin related press, please contact us.

- On the other hand, both have expertise in OCaml but Frank has a higher handling in both languages (in OCaml and Haskell), so it will be he who directed that part of development. Keep in mind that it has always worked as an employee for other people, which I do not think that has a demonstrable progress in Github. It is not a guy with 20 years, but a professional with 20 years of experience.

- And as we said before in Opair, we are looking to increase our team. We want to offer key job positions in our ecosystem. Anyone interested can connect with us through the site or our email. It will be a plus to have references, previous experiences and be located in Germany or England. More details on the jobs to be covered will be announced shortly by our communication channels.

Regards

kooke

Activity: 448

Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 09:15:53 PM

Guys, i made this thread on the Altcoin Discussion, please go and show love  Grin

Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1565118

YIz

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 09:20:57 PM

What is going to be the starting price per coin when the ICO launches in 7 hours?
BoldNinja

Activity: 1806
Merit: 515

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 09:24:39 PM

What is going to be the starting price per coin when the ICO launches in 7 hours?

Well it will be divided proportionally of the whole BTC investments so it will change with each investment from someone - final numbers will be available at the end in 1 month.

wasserman99 (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 09:25:15 PM

YIz, the price per XPO will be determined by the amount of BTC invested during ICO.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 119 »
  Print  

Jump to: