Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:31:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][TAO] Tao, AltMarket & FanMix - Real Solutions for the Music Industry!  (Read 92985 times)
bryceweiner

Activity: 80
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 08:02:55 AM

My trolls are so awesome you wouldn't believe it.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=565987333474636&set=ecnf.100001901244724&type=3&theater

Dude is badass, but mom makes him take the bandana off before he gets in the minivan.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 08:23:55 AM

Is the token on any exchange yet? if yes, which of the exchanges
bryceweiner

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 08:25:08 AM

YoBit.

I can't send TAOs from my Windows wallet. Pressing Send and nothing happens. No record in transactions. How do you send coins to Yobit, guys?
Please make sure you have the correct version.

I'd advise joining the slack channel for technical help.

https://tao11.typeform.com/to/ws8MgM
snoopdaawg

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 10:10:40 AM

dawgs, watch out for 'bryceweiner' links, dat crackah be phishing with malwarez yo. I clicked dat shiz on my chrome iphone 7, now it has aids, for real dawgs. My boo swiped to unlock, now she has aids. I didnt even know that could happen, shit's bananas

realrover

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 05:37:13 PM

YoBit.

I can't send TAOs from my Windows wallet. Pressing Send and nothing happens. No record in transactions. How do you send coins to Yobit, guys?

Thanks for reply. I'm using 0.9.2.1 version. It's listed as a current one. I can't join Slack for some reason. That link on the web site doesn't send me an email to my Outlook account. Spam folder is checked of course. Any advice?
sunerok

Activity: 629

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2016, 07:45:11 PM

YoBit.

Thanks for reply. I'm using 0.9.2.1 version. It's listed as a current one. I can't join Slack for some reason. That link on the web site doesn't send me an email to my Outlook account. Spam folder is checked of course. Any advice?

i see you made it to the slack afterall =]

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [SCRYPT] /////_
_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
taobryce

Activity: 15

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2016, 08:06:03 PM

I didn't get here alone. Fellow $TAO developer Justin Valo who incidentally is the talented developer behind Verge currency has managed to successfully track down the fake "bryceweiner" account.

My favorite troll lives in Brazil. Hi Nelson. Smiley

So if you've been following me for a while you now see why I take no shit from anyone in Bitcoin.
bryceweiner

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 08:43:09 PM

I didn't get here alone. Fellow $TAO developer Justin Valo who incidentally is the talented developer behind Verge currency has managed to successfully track down the fake "bryceweiner" account.

So if you've been following me for a while you now see why I take no shit from anyone in Bitcoin.

Someone is mad they clicked a honeypot link.

Next time you decide to troll, don't ask for VPN help first.
delong

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 09:10:24 PM

Someone is mad they clicked a honeypot link.

Next time you decide to troll, don't ask for VPN help first.

This thread is still delicious.  Couldn't ask for anything more from a Brycelaunch.
sunerok

Activity: 629

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2016, 10:24:13 PM

can confirm that network is smooth, staking is working great.

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [SCRYPT] /////_
_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
King Buzz

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

love life...

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 10:25:17 PM

Smiley   seen that the TAO has hit the yobit markets.. what price would you recommend a buy in at...

always been a fan of the Bryce...    dev'od that so many people give him beef...     he's always spot on with his internet streams.... & his ideas are always well construed.....   fuck the haters man....... keep on doing what your doing....   with loVe from liverpool...:}     Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 11:58:26 PM

Smiley   seen that the TAO has hit the yobit markets.. what price would you recommend a buy in at...

always been a fan of the Bryce...    dev'od that so many people give him beef...     he's always spot on with his internet streams.... & his ideas are always well construed.....   fuck the haters man....... keep on doing what your doing....   with loVe from liverpool...:}     Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

Yes I see TAO in Yobit, and there is also in c-cex. Can anyone can clarify if they  are the same coin? I am confused because TAO in c-cex has no forum link.
I was diverted here from TAO forum link in Yobit bye the way.

Open for Campaigns
bryceweiner

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 12:05:25 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2016, 01:55:48 AM by bryceweiner

The Music Industry Explained For Bitcoiners

There's a science to making a hit record. It's not just how good you play, but how your album is promoted.  Those promotions are what generate record sales or streams, which translates into ticket sales for live performances, which translate into profits through royalty splits.

Traditionally these operations have been obscured through proprietary practices which is what has created the massive corruption which with the music industry has been plagued for the last 80 years.  Royalty splits are derived as a contractual obligation created as a function of credits to a given piece of work.  Billions of dollars a year are spent by Performer's Rights Organizations, or PROs, like ASCAP and BMI and SOCAN to make sure that everyone is playing by the rules.  As a side note, credits to a given work are collated by companies like Gracenote and EchoNest and the information that pops up when you play a song is called "metadata".

PROs and metadata providers stand the greatest prospect of disruption within a blockchain-powered music economy for reasons which should be obvious to a Bitcoin-savvy audience.  Tao works by creating a cryptographic identity for each artist which is then assigned to a particular role in the production of a work, be it as songwriter, singer, musician, engineer, producer, etc.  Each of those individuals is entitled to a contractual royalty split.  Payments are made directly to the cryptographic identity.  The consumer also has a cryptographic identity which "unlocks" their "music wallet", or what we're calling their Tao Music Vault.  When one purchases a piece of content, the proof of purchase will be executed as a Bitcoin transaction through Tao network smart contract oracles.  This proof of purchase is then cryptographically linked to the identity of the consumer who purchased the work on one end, and the artists that created the work on the opposite end.

When one purchases music on iTunes and then streams that music on Spotify or Pandora, Spotify and Pandora must pay a royalty for music you already own.  With verification against the Tao Network, those services no longer need to pay two, three, or four times over for music the consumer has already purchased, simply by allowing the consumer to provide their Tao Network ID.

Certain things such as ticket sales also generate royalties.  The ability to create subchains on the Tao blockchain allow for the purchase of tickets within this system so that royalty splits are accounted for accurately.  Any up and coming band will tell you that one of the hardest things to find is someone you trust to watch the door, now imagine that on the scale of a Top 40 artist.  Tao can be set to limit ticket sales on a per-block basis, which eliminates the automated buying that drives up ticket prices and powers the scalping markets.  As blocks are limited to a certain number of transactions every 7.5 minutes, only a certain number of tickets could possibly be sold during that time.  The application of organicly generated block times solves the abuse within the ticketing industry at the same time it resolves the trust involved in those royalty splits.

Tao Records is a company that has been formed to produce records from artists that onboard content to the Tao network.  We have an artist already in the studio in production and a tour is being planned.  We have two more artists in the pipeline, all before the technology is built.  Our partnership with Boogie Shack Music Group is what makes this possible.  

Tao Records will get a royalty payment as a result of a shared Executive Producer credit on these albums.  20% of each royalty payment will be automated to purchase TAO tokens from the market.  Those tokens will be staked at the network rate of 4% and the proceeds will be re-invested into the production of new artists.

The Tao Network will be 100% open source and completely transparent.  It will allow music artists from all over the world the ability to onboard their content into a system which has already proved to be profitable before a single line of code was written.  Selected artists will be brought into the mainstreaming pipeline through Tao Records.  They will then be groomed and their story told by Boogie Shack Music Group.

Beyond royalties... beyond the ability to keep your music forever... you can be the next rockstar.

In the coming weeks we will be describing how this system works as we release the code that enables it.
snoopdaawg

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 03:01:47 AM

There's a science to making a hit record. It's not just how good you play, but how your album is promoted.  Those promotions are what generate record sales or streams, which translates into ticket sales for live performances, which translate into profits through royalty splits.

Traditionally these operations have been obscured through proprietary practices which is what has created the massive corruption which with the music industry has been plagued for the last 80 years.  Royalty splits are derived as a contractual obligation created as a function of credits to a given piece of work.  Billions of dollars a year are spent by Performer's Rights Organizations, or PROs, like ASCAP and BMI and SOCAN to make sure that everyone is playing by the rules.  As a side note, credits to a given work are collated by companies like Gracenote and EchoNest and the information that pops up when you play a song is called "metadata".

PROs and metadata providers stand the greatest prospect of disruption within a blockchain-powered music economy for reasons which should be obvious to a Bitcoin-savvy audience.  Tao works by creating a cryptographic identity for each artist which is then assigned to a particular role in the production of a work, be it as songwriter, singer, musician, engineer, producer, etc.  Each of those individuals is entitled to a contractual royalty split.  Payments are made directly to the cryptographic identity.  The consumer also has a cryptographic identity which "unlocks" their "music wallet", or what we're calling their Tao Music Vault.  When one purchases a piece of content, the proof of purchase will be executed as a Bitcoin transaction through Tao network smart contract oracles.  This proof of purchase is then cryptographically linked to the identity of the consumer who purchased the work on one end, and the artists that created the work on the opposite end.

When one purchases music on iTunes and then streams that music on Spotify or Pandora, Spotify and Pandora must pay a royalty for music you already own.  With verification against the Tao Network, those services no longer need to pay two, three, or four times over for music the consumer has already purchased, simply by allowing the consumer to provide their Tao Network ID.

Certain things such as ticket sales also generate royalties.  The ability to create subchains on the Tao blockchain allow for the purchase of tickets within this system so that royalty splits are accounted for accurately.  Any up and coming band will tell you that one of the hardest things to find is someone you trust to watch the door, now imagine that on the scale of a Top 40 artist.  Tao can be set to limit ticket sales on a per-block basis, which eliminates the automated buying that drives up ticket prices and powers the scalping markets.  As blocks are limited to a certain number of transactions every 7.5 minutes, only a certain number of tickets could possibly be sold during that time.  The application of organicly generated block times solves the abuse within the ticketing industry at the same time it resolves the trust involved in those royalty splits.

Tao Records is a company that has been formed to produce records from artists that onboard content to the Tao network.  We have an artist already in the studio in production and a tour is being planned.  We have two more artists in the pipeline, all before the technology is built.  Our partnership with Boogie Shack Music Group is what makes this possible.  

Tao Records will get a royalty payment as a result of a shared Executive Producer credit on these albums.  20% of each royalty payment will be automated to purchase TAO tokens from the market.  Those tokens will be staked at the network rate of 4% and the proceeds will be re-invested into the production of new artists.

The Tao Network will be 100% open source and completely transparent.  It will allow music artists from all over the world the ability to onboard their content into a system which has already proved to be profitable before a single line of code was written.  Selected artists will be brought into the mainstreaming pipeline through Tao Records.  They will then be groomed and their story told by Boogie Shack Music Group.

Beyond royalties... beyond the ability to keep your music forever... you can be the next rockstar.

In the coming weeks we will be describing how this system works as we release the code that enables it.

Dawg, what you propose is just the same old shit, the white man stealing from real brothahs. I know your kind mr ku klux klan. Sitting around all day on dat cracker ass, stuffing cheetos in yo cracker face, dreaming about lynchin niggahs. You claim revolution, but dis aint revolutionary, just some techno jizz upgrade to whips, so you and yo cracker friends can be the new slave masters. 20% royalty, dat shit is whack son. Real artists wont be bound by your shackles, you might get some mainstream puppets that regurgitate a brothahs work as their own, but the OG's of the industry will see right through your deceit. but i aint here to hate, just being straight with you boi.

bust a nut. peace

bryceweiner

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 04:12:38 AM

Dawg, what you propose is just the same old shit, the white man stealing from real brothahs. I know your kind mr ku klux klan. Sitting around all day on dat cracker ass, stuffing cheetos in yo cracker face, dreaming about lynchin niggahs. You claim revolution, but dis aint revolutionary, just some techno jizz upgrade to whips, so you and yo cracker friends can be the new slave masters. 20% royalty, dat shit is whack son. Real artists wont be bound by your shackles, you might get some mainstream puppets that regurgitate a brothahs work as their own, but the OG's of the industry will see right through your deceit. but i aint here to hate, just being straight with you boi.

bust a nut. peace

That's 20% of the royalty paid to Tao Records. That has nothing to do with the royalty paid to the artist.

Put the bong down.

PS: the revolutionary aspect of Tao is the fact that it actually has a profitable business model, which is revolutionary in crypto certainly.
snoopdaawg

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 04:44:09 AM

That's 20% of the royalty paid to Tao Records. That has nothing to do with the royalty paid to the artist.

Put the bong down.

PS: the revolutionary aspect of Tao is the fact that it actually has a profitable business model, which is revolutionary in crypto certainly.

Put the bong down. Classic white man, trying to tell a brothah what to do. Centralizing the music industry even more than it already is dawg, the world doesn't need this. Artists can distribute and charge for their content P2P now, catch up homie. No need for pointless middlemen making cheddah from the sweat and blood of others. Even if that middle man uses a blockchain.

peace

bryceweiner

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 04:56:17 AM

Put the bong down.

Put the bong down. Classic white man, trying to tell a brothah what to do. Centralizing the music industry even more than it already is dawg, the world doesn't need this. Artists can distribute and charge for their content P2P now, catch up homie. No need for pointless middlemen making cheddah from the sweat and blood of others. Even if that middle man uses a blockchain.

peace

There's no centralization, at all.  In fact, Tao can export content to other systems and still retain even that transaction.  Imprisoning artists in a blockchain is exactly what privately funded attempts at this are intended to do.  The claim is transparency, but it trades iron chains for blockchains and slavery is still slavery.

Edit to add: that it's open source means anyone can replicate what we are doing and start their own blockchain-based record label.  What we offer is access to some of the best, brightest, and most successful engineers, publishers, composers, and producers in the last 20 years.  All of us believe in the freedom of artists and desire them to have their rights upheld throughout their lifetime and beyond.
bryceweiner

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 05:18:41 AM

The term you're looking for is a "takedown".  Bigger artists usually have publishers to whom they defer the ability to execute those rights, but in some cases artists will want or need to have that level of control.

Tao is, in music publishing administration terms, a rights execution platform.  Your rights as a creator begin the moment your signature appears on a work uploaded to the system.  The complexity of that relationship depends on the scale of the artist, but as an artist grows and matures into their profession their rights to content mature and grow along with them.

That includes the right to execute their own takedowns or authorize another individual to execute them on their behalf.
snoopdaawg

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 05:34:43 AM

There's no centralization, at all.  In fact, Tao can export content to other systems and still retain even that transaction.  Imprisoning artists in a blockchain is exactly what privately funded attempts at this are intended to do.  The claim is transparency, but it trades iron chains for blockchains and slavery is still slavery.

Edit to add: that it's open source means anyone can replicate what we are doing and start their own blockchain-based record label.  What we offer is access to some of the best, brightest, and most successful engineers, publishers, composers, and producers in the last 20 years.  All of us believe in the freedom of artists and desire them to have their rights upheld throughout their lifetime and beyond.

Dawg, you be trippin. Uphold rights, but only if you get a cut? most successful engineers, shit dawg, who dis? you? you got a track record of constant failures, dat aint success. open source what? hopium? even in yo wall of bullshit you said you dont have the tech. I hear you sellin, but i aint see no product boo. Even if you bust a santa clause like miracle and make this shiz, we dont need masters, studios, producers or publishers, all we need is a slick laptop and deez nutz. wtf is a composer, you tryin to make some beethoven up in here? dats some straight up white boy music. what about the brothahs, working their asses off to get out of the hood, only to have some cracker with a stache rob them? just more of the same with some fancy buzzwords and you on top. fuck dat homie. 'takedown' 'execute', of course dawg, lets make things clear with legal mumbo jumbo. but its all g, dont hate the playa, hate the game, amirite?

bryceweiner

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 05:53:07 AM

Edit to add: that it's open source means anyone can replicate what we are doing and start their own blockchain-based record label.  What we offer is access to some of the best, brightest, and most successful engineers, publishers, composers, and producers in the last 20 years.  All of us believe in the freedom of artists and desire them to have their rights upheld throughout their lifetime and beyond.

Dawg, you be trippin. Uphold rights, but only if you get a cut? most successful engineers, shit dawg, who dis? you? you got a track record of constant failures, dat aint success. open source what? hopium? even in yo wall of bullshit you said you dont have the tech. I hear you sellin, but i aint see no product boo. Even if you bust a santa clause like miracle and make this shiz, we dont need masters, studios, producers or publishers, all we need is a slick laptop and deez nutz. wtf is a composer, you tryin to make some beethoven up in here? dats some straight up white boy music. what about the brothahs, working their asses off to get out of the hood, only to have some cracker with a stache rob them? just more of the same with some fancy buzzwords and you on top. fuck dat homie. 'takedown' 'execute', of course dawg, lets make things clear with legal mumbo jumbo. but its all g, dont hate the playa, hate the game, amirite?

Again, bong rips.

I'll explain it in small words.

We are doing this to show how it's done to develop the software to give away for free, open source, to anyone.  People who want to go through us get access to individuals that make the music the whole world enjoys.

You can do it yourself or not.  That's what open source means.  That's its value. Any blockchain project that doesn't release all of its operational code open source is exactly what you are describing... but we are the only project dedicated to publishing all of our operational code.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: