Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:30:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 [664] 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 ... 1188 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ICONOMI - Fund Management Platform  (Read 1253581 times)
MrPresident

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Think or swim.

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2016, 05:40:28 PM

If you own ICN tokens(dividends) then you receive dividends (ETH) to same address/wallet.

So, if you have ICN in Kraken, you'll receive ETH in your ETH address on Kraken?
Ofc not. Do you really think an exchange would give you the dividends for tokens THEY HOLD?

There was info in the beginning that Iconomi will cooperate with exchanges which will give dividends to users. Something changed in that matter?

nothing official from the team. All you hear is speculations or private opinions

There never was nor will there ever be "official from team" that's ridiculous.
That is entirely up to the Exchange... they hold the keys, and ICONOMI have no power to dictate terms.

Develop Custom Decentralized Blockchain Applications in JavaScript with LISK!
   Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Be part of the decentralized application movement!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
5thangel

Activity: 910
Merit: 508

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2016, 05:40:44 PM

I've just seen this tweet Wink
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 05:42:36 PM

The ETH address for Iconomi receives ETH every time some one moves ICN? or is that something else I saw on block chain?
Daparski

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 05:45:03 PM

If you own ICN tokens(dividends) then you receive dividends (ETH) to same address/wallet.

So, if you have ICN in Kraken, you'll receive ETH in your ETH address on Kraken?
Ofc not. Do you really think an exchange would give you the dividends for tokens THEY HOLD?

There was info in the beginning that Iconomi will cooperate with exchanges which will give dividends to users. Something changed in that matter?

nothing official from the team. All you hear is speculations or private opinions

That is entirely up to the Exchange... they hold the keys, and ICONOMI have no power to dictate terms.
Go ahead... leave your tokens in the exchange, any exchange during a dividend payout, and see what happens.
If an exchange hands out ICN dividends I will eat J-Lo's Panties.

No, I remember reading something from the team that it has not been decided yet.
It is not that ridiculous. The exchange may hold the keys, but you are the owner of the asset..
MrPresident

Think or swim.

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2016, 05:47:30 PM

Go ahead... leave your tokens in the exchange, any exchange during a dividend payout, and see what happens.

No, I remember reading something fro the team that it has not been decided yet.
It is not that ridiculous. The exchange may hold the keys, but you are the owner of the asset..

What could the team possibly decide that would give them magical powers over exchanges?

... the good news is that American exchanges would be required to report any dividend earnings to investors.
So they should be motivated to share them, but it's not a requirement.

Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Be part of the decentralized application movement!
Daparski

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 05:48:56 PM

What could the team possibly decide that would give them magical powers over exchanges?

no magic is needed. Just an agreement that dividends will be paid to users that hold those tokens during the dividends payout (block height)
Why are you so angry?
MrPresident

Think or swim.

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2016, 05:53:06 PM

no magic is needed. Just an agreement that dividends will be paid to users that hold those tokens during the dividends payout (block height)
Why are you so angry?
no anger mate.... Think about this.... what incentive do exchanges have from Iconomi to make such an agreement?

If anything, exchanges would make more from tx fees out & back in during payouts on top of the dividends from peeps that didn't move their tokens to an ETH wallet...

Granted, a low-volume exchange like Liqui makes promises because they have no volume and that's their angle to attract it.
I'd be shocked to see a top 10 exchange do this.

Daparski

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 05:59:11 PM

Why are you so angry?
no anger mate.... Think about this.... what incentive do exchanges have from Iconomi to make such an agreement?

well, for start - being fair with their customers. Don't forget that behind every line of code or technical barrier (you don't hold the priv key for your tokens on an exchange) there are people.
And in case of ICN tokens - it is more like an asset than a token, and as such it doesn't matter who holds the private key, but who is the owner.
So for me it makes perfectly sense that the exchanges will pay those dividends to their owners. The exchange does not own the asset, so I really don't see any reason for them to receive the dividends.
As for Iconomi say - ICN tokens represent share of the company, and they should always seek what's best for the token holders - which is still the person and not the exchange entity
That's why I wrote what I wrote.
MrPresident

Think or swim.

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2016, 06:02:37 PM

Why are you so angry?

well, for start - being fair with their customers. Don't forget that behind every line of code or technical barrier (you don't hold the priv key for your tokens on an exchange) there are people.
And in case of ICN tokens - it is more like an asset than a token, and as such it doesn't matter who holds the private key, but who is the owner.
So for me it makes perfectly sense that the exchanges will pay those dividends to their owners. The exchange does not own the asset, so I really don't see any reason for them to receive the dividends.
As for Iconomi say - ICN tokens represent share of the company, and they should always seek what's best for the token holders - which is still the person and not the exchange entity
and all good points, but I still see no incentive for exchanges to do that.
The shear tx volume from moving the ICN in & out over the payout block on top of any dividends from holders that didnt move their tokens is quite a carrot.

I simply will not take that gamble until exchanges post their intentions.

ShooterXD

Merit: 501

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 06:03:55 PM

Let fools dump your ICN against whales.

We gonna have a sweet november with icn, and december will be another sweet month to us. And 2017? Let dividends speak about 2017!

Daparski

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 06:09:41 PM

Why are you so angry?

and all good points, but I still see no incentive for exchanges to do that.
The shear tx volume from moving the ICN in & out over the payout block on top of any dividends from holders that didnt move their tokens is quite a carrot.

I simply will not take that gamble until exchanges post their intentions.

You are right that exchanges have the last word, but if they see that people are choosing different exchange that does pay dividends - they all will follow
But time will tell.
Actually it doesn't matter to me - if one is dumb enough to leave the tokens on the exchange.. well
Smiley
MrPresident

Think or swim.

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2016, 06:10:49 PM

There's a simple way to test this theory...
Send 1 icn to your Kraken Ethereum address, and see if it shows up on your icn balance.
That will reveal their intentions.

better yet, look at the explorer balances.

aDAPPter

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 06:11:35 PM

http://www.zurnal24.si/tim-mitja-zagar-s-podjetjem-iconomi-dobil-prek-deset-milijonov-dolarjev-clanek-280529

weilichesbin

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 06:18:50 PM

We gonna have a sweet november with icn, and december will be another sweet month to us. And 2017? Let dividends speak about 2017!

All dumpers will have sweeter time...they dump high and buy low back at 10k next week...price is now 16k anf no volume...no New Investor have at this time intrests in this coin...why invest in a Produkt which will be read next year...better buy others alts and make Profit. With this Profit buy back next year

colombuszka

Activity: 802

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 06:21:26 PM

Okay, so what does it mean?Cheesy

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
martinholly167

Activity: 658

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 06:22:39 PM

mike77777

Activity: 464

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 06:22:52 PM

All dumpers will have sweeter time...they dump high and buy low back at 10k next week...price is now 16k anf no volume...no New Investor have at this time intrests in this coin...why invest in a Produkt which will be read next year...better buy others alts and make Profit. With this Profit buy back next year
I want to remind you that first big part of this product will be ready before the end of this year. Maybe tomorrow maybe 31.12. Please go home german kid!
ShooterXD

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 06:26:17 PM

I want to remind you that first big part of this product will be ready before the end of this year. Maybe tomorrow maybe 31.12. Please go home german kid!

I dont know what this guy do here, he have dumped your ICN like a 20 times.
Fud boy

Daparski

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 06:32:46 PM

use the preview option before posting
Smiley
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 06:33:28 PM

As Kraken isn't really friendly with my country , I decided to give Liqui.io a shoot. If I buy , could I withdraw my funds to Myetherwallet and I could spend them and send them somewhere else If I want to ?

Yeah of course, you need some ether to pay the fees (GAS) for each transaction that you will send from your ethereum address.

I heard that I should have a specific amount of ETH to be able to either receive or send (If someone could confirm this) + will I be able to receive dividends?
you should hold a specific amount of the ethereum token iconomi to be able to receive dividends.

I was speaking about ETH since you said I need some to be able to send (how much ETH is that) ?

Here more info about the (ethereum) gas: https://ethereum.gitbooks.io/frontier-guide/content/costs.html and this is a tool to calculate how much gas you should pay http://ether.fund/tool/

? as for the ICONOMI Tokens I thought everyone who holds some ICNs (no matter what amount) will be receiving dividends , since It's not the case , how much should I have ?
I was speaking about ETH since you said I need some to be able to send (how much ETH is that) ?

How much as you want, I don't think there is a minimum N of tokens to hold to be able to receive dividends.
Pages: « 1 ... 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 [664] 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 ... 1188 »
  Print  

Jump to: