Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:12:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Omicron - OMC  (Read 55329 times)
SyGambler
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804

guess who's back

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 12:21:28 AM

when it comes to exchanges , I don't know a lot and my experience is really poor cause I only used polo to buy and sell alts then started to use yobit when Adam launched OMC
so I don't know what to recommend , but I really wish that you can add an exchange where there is some daily volume cause it's always nice to see the price moving up or down

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
markus124

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 03:03:09 PM

I bougth more coins in the last drop in price  Grin I still feel its a good coin to hold in the long term and the dividend payment are pretty good.
markus124

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 11:20:56 AM

A few more days for the dividend payment, incase anyone want to buy a few coins before that Tongue
joel_

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 12:41:28 PM

A few more days for the dividend payment, incase anyone want to buy a few coins before that Tongue
If I undestand it right, the last bi-week period was from 24/12/2016 to 07/01/2017 so dividends should be calculated based on +-07/01/2017 wallet balance and paid probably during this week - imho, depends on Gladimor's trading & opened positions.
SyGambler
Legendary

guess who's back

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 06:00:57 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2017, 12:27:26 PM by SyGambler

hey guys , I have been trying to open the wallet and stake as I do every morning but for some reason the wallet is not syncing today
it's showing that I'm behind 1360 blocks , and this didn't change since two hours so I don't know what to do
please tell me what to do or what's going on if you have the experience

http://imgur.com/a/Cle3c
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 05:53:57 PM

hey guys , I have been trying to open the wallet and stake as I do every morning but for some reason the wallet is not syncing today
it's showing that I'm behind 1360 blocks , and this didn't change since two hours so I don't know what to do

I've just synched my wallet without any issue, so the blockchain is ok.

Looking on the picture you posted, I can see "Last received block was generated 4 seconds ago.", while the wallet is not synced in reality. Most probably it means your wallet had staked without waiting for the sync to complete... And you are now in a kind of "fork" created by your own wallet. Try to close the wallet, and reopen again 1-2 times (wait for 10 minutes each time). Your staked block shoud become orphaned, and wallet should start to sync. If it doesn't help, you would have to delete the blockchain files (save the wallet.dat!!!), and re-sync from scratch.

... this space is not for rent ...
drays
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 09:45:06 PM

Still, does anyone have any news from Gladimor. It is Wednesday now, 3 days since the weekend already...

Except the payouts, it would be nice to see some plans on this coin. I do not believe Gladimor is just going to make the payouts forever, and don't do some promotion for this project to get more traction.

markus124

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 01:21:52 AM

There was alot of btc price movement this last two weeks. Wondering if he was able to take adventaje of the volatility. Even some altcoins were moving up  Smiley.
someone111

Activity: 453
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 04:30:01 AM

No dividends this time.

https://omicronhq.slack.com/messages/general/

-
SyGambler
Legendary

guess who's back

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 02:30:23 PM

Looking on the picture you posted, I can see "Last received block was generated 4 seconds ago.", while the wallet is not synced in reality. Most probably it means your wallet had staked without waiting for the sync to complete... And you are now in a kind of "fork" created by your own wallet. Try to close the wallet, and reopen again 1-2 times (wait for 10 minutes each time). Your staked block shoud become orphaned, and wallet should start to sync. If it doesn't help, you would have to delete the blockchain files (save the wallet.dat!!!), and re-sync from scratch.

thanks a lot , yeah I tried a lot with my wallet but nothing worked so I deleted the blockchain files and synced it again
btw do you know how can I avoid such problem in the future ?? is it better to keep the wallet locked till it fully sync and then unlocked for staking ?

I'm not in slack so what do you mean by no dividends this time ?? can you please screenshot what Adam said
drays
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 03:36:06 PM

thanks a lot , yeah I tried a lot with my wallet but nothing worked so I deleted the blockchain files and synced it again
btw do you know how can I avoid such problem in the future ?? is it better to keep the wallet locked till it fully sync and then unlocked for staking ?

I typically reserve some amount (bigger than I have) before closing wallet (Settings->Options->Main->Reserve). Then when I open it again, I let it sync, then remove the reserve and let it stake. Then again reserve before closing.
That way it doesn't try to stake when opened again (before you manually allow it), so it can sync without additional hassle Smiley

Its a bit more work every time to remove reserve, then set it again, but it ensures less issues with sync.

I'm not in slack so what do you mean by no dividends this time ?? can you please screenshot what Adam said

I am not in Slack either, so would appreciate more details as well... I think the reason is Adam did not anticipate the BTC dump, hence no profits made. But direct info from Slack would be surely welcome...

sulfurtank

Activity: 592

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 04:15:44 PM

A total of 14.4469756796 BTC has been sent to a total of 22 registered balances (1799125.24029 OMC). The average dividend payout for the 2-week period is 0.00000803 BTC per OMC.
Here are a portion of the trades that occurred during the past 2 weeks for Delta Investments. Due note that not all trades are shown (on various exchanges, and no trading losses are shown as well).

If i have my omc in the exchanges now,  i will not be able to get the dividends? as the dividens already been sent right?

Seems like there are not many OTC buyers for OMC. What are u guys doing? U move funds between addresses, talk on forums, post ur account balances and nobody wonders how would the life be if crypto ceased to exist.
joel_

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 06:21:46 PM

I am not in Slack either, so would appreciate more details as well... I think the reason is Adam did not anticipate the BTC dump, hence no profits made. But direct info from Slack would be surely welcome...
There was a trading loss during last days of December and as a solution to rebuild the fund back up to profit, there wont be Jan 7th dividends (confirmed) and probably no dividens for rest of Jan (not confirmed yet).
Tortoise75

Activity: 346

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 06:49:54 PM

I typically reserve some amount (bigger than I have) before closing wallet (Settings->Options->Main->Reserve). Then when I open it again, I let it sync, then remove the reserve and let it stake. Then again reserve before closing.
That way it doesn't try to stake when opened again (before you manually allow it), so it can sync without additional hassle Smiley

Its a bit more work every time to remove reserve, then set it again, but it ensures less issues with sync.
I haven't tried it with OMC yet but a lot of coins allow you to put reservebalance=999999999, or other amount, in the conf file. That would save at least the trouble of manually reserving it prior to closing the wallet.
drays
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 07:13:57 PM

I haven't tried it with OMC yet but a lot of coins allow you to put reservebalance=999999999, or other amount, in the conf file. That would save at least the trouble of manually reserving it prior to closing the wallet.

Ok, thats interesting... But will the wallet stake at all then. If I open the "Options->Reserve" will I see the setting, so I can remove it to stake? And if I remove it, shouldn't I add it back again.?

I am not sure how the .conf file setting interacts with the GUI setting... Did you experiment with that? Smiley

Tortoise75

Activity: 346

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 08:02:37 PM

Ok, thats interesting... But will the wallet stake at all then. If I open the "Options->Reserve" will I see the setting, so I can remove it to stake? And if I remove it, shouldn't I add it back again.?

I am not sure how the .conf file setting interacts with the GUI setting... Did you experiment with that? Smiley
The conf setting is loaded only once at the start of the wallet. After that you can set your own values with the console or settings in the GUI. The only thing would be if the wallet recognize this conf setting.
EDIT: Made a quick test, the line works with OMC and the value you enter is indeed showing in the GUI settings dialog correctly and you can change it normally.
someone111

Activity: 453

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 08:27:54 PM

I am to lazy to make screenshot for fucks sake. Get your lazy asses on slack. Screw the screenshots. They can be manipulated by any idiot. Just use chrome inspect. You don't even need an add-on.

gladimor [3:33 PM]
Just an update on things...

[3:33] 
A relatively large loss was made shorting the BTC rise earlier yesterday

[3:34] 
Pretty much every applied TA indicated that it would fall from the upper channel and retest support

[3:34] 
Of course, Bitcoin always loves to surprise

[3:35] 
It broke out strongly, hammering through every fib extension/trending resistance

[3:37] 
There are a couple of options right now, as the state of the active OMC fund isn't looking too good at the moment

[3:38] 
I still have a decent reserve of BTC in the fund, but that is entirely reserved for a buyback of OMC in the far future

[3:40] 
Our first option is to write-off the loss and calculate dividends fresh from the remaining trading balance

[3:42] 
Although do note that the remaining trading balance is relatively low (~10 BTC), and dividends would be very small in that respect (edited)

[3:44] 
Another option is to open up a large private sale of OMC at discounted rates in an attempt to boost the trading balance so we have a larger base capital to work with that can result in higher dividends

[3:46] 
Let me know what you guys think

[3:46] 
@channel

gordob [3:57 PM]
@gladimor: what is the actual amount of btc loss in the trading balance & what is the actual reserve btc amount?

gladimor [3:59 PM]
Just over 50 BTC

[3:59] 
Is the loss

[4:00] 
Around 80 are in cold storage

someone111 [4:01 PM]
What would be the large private sale of OMC discounted price?

gordob [4:02 PM]
Ok to confirm, So we currently have 10 btc trading balance & 80 btc cold storage left in total?

gladimor [4:02 PM]
Yes

[4:03] 
We also have some "assets" in mining hardware, but they are currently mining to cover setup costs

[4:05] 
If you guys recall the period in which the dividends were around 300 sats, it was because the active trading balance took a hit of 50%+ loss

[4:05] 
Within the following couple of weeks I traded my way back to the original balance + more

ziefa [4:08 PM]
Fuckin hell, I say take money from cold storage and trade with, wait for active trading profits and slowly fill it again. Maybe postpone buyback.

[4:08] 
Dont take too big risks, BTC is so bullish

gordob [4:09 PM]
What is the current monthly mining income +- in btc?

[4:10] 
And how many rigs do we have again?

gladimor [4:13 PM]
I own a few rigs personally and the fund has 3, 6-card rigs

[4:14] 
The collective hashpower of the fund is 3750 sols/s, so thats ~$700 USD per month less costs

someone111 [4:15 PM]
Just wondering.... If OMC was liquidated and bought back now, would all investors have made a profit?

gladimor [4:16 PM]
I personally don't feel comfortable withdrawing from the untouched balance (untouched since the IAO closed). A certain discipline is needed when setting aside BTC.

[4:16] 
I would have to calculate that give me a moment

someone111 [4:17 PM]
Thank you, @gladimor! :slightly_smiling_face:

ziefa [4:17 PM]
What if you skip dividends for a month

[4:17] 
bad for overall value i must say, i bought quite exspensive, but i kinda dont want to loose all my money

gladimor [4:17 PM]
That could be an option, we'd have to see how the other investors would react to it

[4:19] 
Well this loss is just a hiccup for the moment

[4:19] 
I've been in worse positions before, we'll see how long it takes to recoup the loss from 10 BTC

ziefa [4:21 PM]
The first 4 days of this year has been almost impossible to not make money :smile:  there is so much money going in to crypto its insane. Guess you had some bad luck :confused:

gladimor [4:23 PM]
Shorting the rally was a bad idea yep

gordob [4:23 PM]
I'm happy to take no dividends for 1 month (Jan) to build up the trading balance

[4:23] 
I don't think it is a good idea to trade with our reserve balance

gladimor [4:24 PM]
Agreed

gordob [4:28 PM]
What options do we have right now?
1. Build up the trading balance from a low base.
2. 2nd ico to raise more funds.
3. Maybe sellmining rigs back to yourself Gladimor, this could raise some capital. For fund.
4. Decide if loss of too great and return 90 btc +mining rig sales back to investors.
5. What else?

someone111 [4:29 PM]
Liquidate OMC, buy back OMC... Then new ICO. An option?

ziefa [4:29 PM]
Yes because new ico would fuck my price over big time

someone111 [4:29 PM]
Or another swap :smile:

ziefa [4:29 PM]
and double ico's never work out very good

gladimor [4:30 PM]
Well I wouldn't be holding a 2nd ICO

[4:30] 
Just a large private sale to a select few investors

[4:30] 
And of course, for much more reasonable rates considering the state of the fund

gordob [4:31 PM]
What kind of rates are you thinking Gladimor?

ziefa [4:31 PM]
Do you think you can outcompete Yobit prices?

[4:31] 
they are pretttyyy low right now

[4:32] 
and will prolly drop more now

gladimor [4:32 PM]
@gordob, possibly between 5k-7k satoshis

[4:33] 
An agreement would also have to be made regarding not withdrawing to market in the case that the price rebounds

[4:34] 
The price would of course be discussed with the private sale buyers

gordob [4:37 PM]
@gladimor  maybe we should take a step back, you mentioned earlier that you have been in worse situations, why don't we try use the 10btc base to build-up again and not have a dividend for Jan, no use diluting our investments without trying to recover?

gladimor [4:38 PM]
Yes I have been in worse situations previously

gordob [4:39 PM]
I mean the loss might be less to buy back using the 90btc than selling at that low price

[4:39] 
Can you maybe do the math?

gladimor [4:40 PM]
Already have, individuals that paid over 10k sats will not reach ROI

[4:40] 
I think the figure is even lower

[4:40] 
And I personally believe it is far too soon for a buy-back

[4:41] 
The idea was to do a buy-back in the far future once some investors have already recovered the initial investment, etc

someone111 [4:44 PM]
my plan after covering my original investment was to buy more OMC, was really looking forward to a very long term investment :slightly_smiling_face:

gladimor [4:45 PM]
My plans for OMC stretch to over a year so far

[4:46] 
Within a couple of months, I plan on expanding the mining farm such that revenue is comparable to that of the lower-end dividends

[4:47] 
The general idea I had was to build up the fund (through trading) such that I could purchase enough mining hardware to pay dividends completely

[4:48] 
Then I could finally take a short vacation :smile:

ziefa [4:48 PM]
I paid 1.5 btc for 10k OMC a few months ago, i feel pretty scammed xD Oh well great that during these 4 days my other coins jumped almost 100%.

gladimor [4:48 PM]
Well OMC is far from over

[4:49] 
The last time I took a comparable loss, I decided to keep it quiet to not cause a panic

[4:49] 
I decided to be a bit more transparent this time

ziefa [4:49 PM]
its just now you are talking about selling new omc for 1/3 of what you wanted from me

gladimor [4:49 PM]
I built up fully from the last loss by the way

[4:50] 
This in respect is a means to gain quick capital such that all investors benefit

ziefa [4:50 PM]
Yeah but it would also require much higher profits to give same amount for dividends

gladimor [4:51 PM]
That is true, but there will always be a reasonable cap on the private sale amount

[4:51] 
If there was any sale to take place, that is

ziefa [4:51 PM]
Still with this pace it will take 3 years to get the initial investment back

gladimor [4:52 PM]
We've been averaging 3% per week in returns

[4:53] 
Considering the final IAO price of 0.00012000 BTC

ziefa [4:53 PM]
I was not part of the first weeks, its alot lower from when i entered

gladimor [4:56 PM]
It is 2.5% per week if you entered at around 0.00015 BTC

ziefa [4:57 PM]
ok so 2½ years not 3....

someone111 [4:58 PM]
Actually, I expected a few dividends to be skipped every now and then anyhow.

gladimor [4:59 PM]
@ziefa, that is 140% per annum :stuck_out_tongue:

someone111 [4:59 PM]
I finally made up my mind:
- Maybe not s bad after all.
- Please don't delude our investments.
- Skip dividends if necessary
- Please try to recover from losses.

gladimor [5:02 PM]
Noted @someone111

gordob [5:04 PM]
So just some math from my side.
1. 140 btc total = 35.71% loss.
2. Profit over period = 26.15% profit.
3. Actual loss = 9.56%.
4. Align with btc increase taking into account 35.71% loss - actual profit if paid out now in btc is +- 41%

someone111 [5:04 PM]
I wonder how much worth my opinion is in relation to my share power? Have wale investors more say? No problem with that. Rather them, then those who are most vocal.

gordob [5:04 PM]
* above based on my investments

someone111 [5:04 PM]
In any case, I am happy if everyone is heard.

gordob [5:20 PM]
@gladimor  - my thoughts;
1. It is more feasible to buy back, with current btc increase, current 35.71% loss & 90btc available than to dilute investments by getting private investors @ a low rate - buy back would actually give us a profit

[5:21] 
2. Suggest trying to re-coup the money (I am sure you can do this) without touching the btc cold storage

[5:22] 
3. No dividend for Jan, mining profits for Jan go to increasing the btc trading account

[5:24] 
4. Re-assess the situation every week in Jan (feedback to slack group on progress)

someone111 [5:28 PM]
And can you also update the forums please?

gordob [5:38 PM]
5. @gladimor   you can still put omc sitting in the original omc distribution address on the market, so let say you put 500 000 omc for 0.00012000 (initial price) on the market. There is currently only +- 40 000 omc for sale on yobit below 0.00012000 price. (edited)

[5:38] 
That could generate 60btc

[5:39] 
Then you just need to convince your investors to buy - anything below ico won't be good for current investors. (edited)

someone111 [5:40 PM]
theoretically 5. is a good idea, there should always be a sell order on yobit

[5:40] 
on the other hand I was just reading the last page of the yobit thread

[5:41] 
yobit is a disaster

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=914975.2340
bitcointalk.org
YoBit.Net - CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE & MultiCoin DICE - Free Coins every 1-24 hrs
YoBit.Net  - CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE & MultiCoin DICE - Free Coins every 1-24 hrs

scary how they put coins into maintenance mode for months

so I wouldn't want to have coins locked up there for months

gordob [5:42 PM]
Then we need to get on other exchanges asap (openledger etc)

someone111 [5:42 PM]
yes

[5:43] 
I was also wondering why OMC wasn't implemented on top of ETH in the first place?

[5:44] 
If it was a token, we could trade it one of these decentralized exchanges.

gladimor [8:20 PM]
I'll  be moving some BTC from cold storage to speed things up then.

gordob [8:26 PM]
What's your game plan @gladimor  - I thought touching cold storage btc was a no-go? (edited)

gladimor [8:37 PM]
I want the recovery to progress faster

[8:37] 
Before I do any further trading, I'll be taking a few days off

[8:37] 
I've been trading straight from before Christmas till today, catching only a couple of hours of sleep every so often

gordob [9:04 PM]
Good idea @gladimor  - get some rest bud

----- January 5th -----
gordob [2:27 PM]
@gladimor: - the dip in btc you were looking for yesterday happened today (

----- January 6th -----
koinsmart [6:03 PM]
Wow you called it Adam

----- January 7th -----
koinsmart [1:23 AM]
Pretty dramatic retrace. Did you manage to catch it? Wink (edited)

----- January 8th -----
gladimor [9:26 PM]
Unfortunately no. I have moved to Poloniex margin trading to derisk.

koinsmart [11:12 PM]
Cpl days late Sad but no worries ...

----- January 9th -----
joel [6:47 PM]
joined #general

----- January 10th -----
joel [3:11 PM]
hi guys, I see some drama above - what happened? thanks

joel [3:20 PM]
@gladimor  Adam, how about doing iao periodically, let's say every quarter, running it for a month?(with some marketing) Every iao would go up in price (e.g. last one ended on 12k, so next would go  e.g.13k). That would give you more btc per asset and also rise the official price for old investors. And lastly, for this to work, I would suggest to discuss fixing the min. bid price on yobit (with yobit guys) so that it is equal to current iao price. Or do iao directly on yobit. That would benefit you, yobit(higher amounts=higher fees) and all investors. After all, omc is an asset not a currency, so it would suit it better than let it free float imo.

[3:24] 
also, as for marketing, there is a bunch of trading groups (with mediocre to none results), so it might be good to present your omc fund to them. I believe you are very good trader, so they would  all benefit, instead of trying to profit on their shitcoins - most of the time, they do not have a fucking clue what they're doing anyway... (edited)

[3:28] 
and lastly, have you ever thought of sharing your knowledge of trading crypto via some video tuts/course? I would be buying it instantly and I guess many others. Easy money for you :smile:

joel [3:33 PM]
ah, so there was some loss, well, trading only with profits does not exist, so take your time off Adam and don't worry. If need be, skip the  dividend.

----- Yesterday January 11th, 2017 -----
joel [7:42 PM]
@gladimor  , please let us know the status - are we going to skip dividends? or are you recouping losses atm? or do you plan on sending dividends out? thanks for the info.

gladimor [10:24 PM]
We'll be skipping dividends, working to rebuilding the fund.

joel [11:06 PM]
ok, thank you for reply, best of luck to you to rebuilt the fund soon :+1:

[11:09] 
also, I'd say, do another round of iao on btctalk or via yobit directly...

joel [11:15 PM]
oh, you've said earlier, that you wont do 2nd iao only private sale,  my mistake :smile:

----- Today January 12th, 2017 -----
joel [9:27 AM]
@gladimor  just a quick question - when do you expect the next dividend to be paid? End of Jan or most probably in Feb or Mar ? thanks for reply.

-
Velenar

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 10:46:46 PM

I have moved to Poloniex margin trading to derisk.

Diversifying beyond leveraged positions on bitcoin itself?  Good.  Shorting bitcoin further after a (typically temporary) panic sell was an astronomically dangerous game to play when it was actually below the long-term average trend.  Please don't try that again.

A few hours back:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/5nj859/today_is_the_lowest_bitcoin_has_been_in_price/
(compared to the multi-month and multi-year average trend)

Also, hopefully there is awareness that a giant whale bot has been doing deliberate pumps and dumps on bitcoin, part-time in recent weeks, reducing predictability.  (Perhaps it might be back towards $900 bitcoin within weeks, due to long-term trends, if the Chinese government scare fades, but volatility is high).

For instance, some days ago, alt-tabbing to cryptowatch, I have seen behavior like a fraction of a million dollars of buy support being temporarily taken out like a second after a little 10-BTC-as-leveraged position of mine went through, a sign of a giant bot as no human would be that fast.  No doubt the bot is human supervised, and it doesn't seem to run all the time.  But who knows that bot operator's plans?

----------------

I like the idea of Omicron, though, as a way to save time and as a place to put a few percent of my assets to aid diversification, so I will just look forward to recovery.

Also, I like that Omicron is its own coin and not just an Ethereum token.  For example, Bitpark is the latter, and it has gone poorly so far.  Yobit actually has more volume than any decentralized exchange that I know of, e.g. in the coinmarketcap exchange list.
drays
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 12:03:10 AM

Thanks for everyone who gave info from Slack. Well, things happen. I think indeed its best to postpone the dividend payment for about one month, to try to recover the trading fund. If it doesn't work, other solutions could be considered, but this should be tried first.

I think most here have some trust in Gladimor (even me Smiley). Lets see what he can do. But I would really appreciate if Adam pays more attention to this forum, instead of making the Slack a sole communication channel.

puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2017, 05:16:22 AM

Don't have an account on this team yet?
Contact the team administrator for an invitation

how can i join the team

Thanks!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: