Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:46:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191687 times)
ICOcount

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 12:56:18 PM

Hi all,

btc12.com is a Chinese blog exclusive of ICO hunting.

here is the simplest review of KOMODO ICO.

have special thanks to the one who pasted a wonderful picture here.

enjoy.

http://btc12.com/komodo-allaboutjl777/
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RichardT

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 01:29:33 PM

Here's a thought:

If Iguana is so close to being finished for the first release and its development is independent of this new ICO, why not just finish it, then do the ICO?  Perhaps this would build more trust and more people (especially long time BTCD supporters) would support the ICO.  Iguana seems to be the one thing that development has been focused on for a good part of the year and many have been anticipating its release.  So to all of a sudden announce a new tech that is still being developed and will require yet even more extensive testing/debugging, is pretty ridiculous.  I understand this new tech is promising and could change everything, but it could wait.

The most terrible thing about multitasking is that it tends to leave a lot of tasks unfinished.  Focus on one thing at a time and get it done right.  Why is that so hard?
dadingsda
Legendary

Activity: 1310
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 01:30:39 PM

News about (translation) bounties?

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
airsekui

Activity: 13

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 01:36:26 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2016, 01:46:31 PM by airsekui

Here's a thought:

If Iguana is so close to being finished for the first release and its development is independent of this new ICO, why not just finish it, then do the ICO?  Perhaps this would build more trust and more people (especially long time BTCD supporters) would support the ICO.  Iguana seems to be the one thing that development has been focused on for a good part of the year and many have been anticipating its release.  So to all of a sudden announce a new tech that is still being developed and will require yet even more extensive testing/debugging, is pretty ridiculous.  I understand this new tech is promising and could change everything, but it could wait.

The most terrible thing about multitasking is that it tends to leave a lot of tasks unfinished.  Focus on one thing at a time and get it done right.  Why is that so hard?

They cant finish it...if you go to the Slack Supernet BTCD channel and read the state of affairs...jl does not know how to manage this or any project. maybe he can code but the project is a mess...multiple people getting paid to do the same task...gui, no coordination, no launch plan...it's a mess and really a sign of what's to come for Komodo...sad state of affairs actually. JL does not know how to use git! How can he manage komodo development with more than himself if he can't use git! Komodo will never launch.
flyer88

Activity: 1177
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2016, 01:47:23 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2016, 02:13:25 PM by flyer88

So for BTCD-Holders that ICO means, that their stack will be diluted because  the project needs new money for development, right? Why you didnt go the nxt-way without any ICO? Seems fairer to me to the people which still hold BTCD.

And if BTCD is a core segment of supernet, why will no funds of the supernet ico used for BTCD development?

Edit:
[..]
jl777 you don't really need 30k upfront, it's ridiculous. Just ask the money that you really need and explain where you spend it.
Yeah. A listing of the spent money of most projects here would be really interesting...
durerus

Activity: 321
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 02:17:05 PM

Interesting project. Watching!
Thenoticer

Activity: 332

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 02:26:54 PM

It seems many have failed to grasp the idea of dpow. From my reading skills, which many of you have none, dpow idea requires monies to be paid to keep it secure. ie: pay for the bitcoin transactions.

This ico makes for some interesting gambling. Jl777 said iguana will be released b4 the end of the ico, as well as the testnet for komodo. That is the bet. There is more risk at the beginning then the end. Remember several ico's, eth, wave, etc had zero tech before the Ico. Jl777 is promising tech before the end of ico. Infact you can play with iguana now. Maybe there isn't a gui but then didnt monero have zero gui forever.

Speaking of monero and it's pump. I think it's highly likely the fud is coming from their camp as they feel threatened about the upcoming release of zcash and zcash tech and have resorted to pump and fud as the strategy for their project.

What is crazy to me is everyone on this board should be on the same team. Our ecosphere needs things like what jl777 is creating. The fudders bitch and moan like jl777 ran over their mothers. Jeesh get a life.
RichardT

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 02:50:59 PM

It seems many have failed to grasp the idea of dpow. From my reading skills, which many of you have none, dpow idea requires monies to be paid to keep it secure. ie: pay for the bitcoin transactions.

This ico makes for some interesting gambling. Jl777 said iguana will be released b4 the end of the ico, as well as the testnet for komodo. That is the bet. There is more risk at the beginning then the end. Remember several ico's, eth, wave, etc had zero tech before the Ico. Jl777 is promising tech before the end of ico. Infact you can play with iguana now. Maybe there isn't a gui but then didnt monero have zero gui forever.

Speaking of monero and it's pump. I think it's highly likely the fud is coming from their camp as they feel threatened about the upcoming release of zcash and zcash tech and have resorted to pump and fud as the strategy for their project.

What is crazy to me is everyone on this board should be on the same team. Our ecosphere needs things like what jl777 is creating. The fudders bitch and moan like jl777 ran over their mothers. Jeesh get a life.

You do realize that a lot of the real opposition is actually from BTCD supporters right?  This ICO actually affects us the most, not other coins/projects.

I didn't see mention that iguana will be released before end of ICO anywhere, so I must have missed it or it was buried somewhere in here or in slack.  If this could be made more prominent then it would change some things.  Preferably, iguana should be released even before the ICO starts.

Of course, there is this whole other issue of the ICO controlling BTCD market prices for the next months to come and ultimately diluting current BTCD holdings.  But I won't go into that right now.
Thenoticer

Activity: 332

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 03:19:35 PM

I claim that iguanacore is working and it will be released with GUI before ICO funding starts. If you dont believe that I can complete tech projects dont put any funds in until the iguana is released. Or wait until testnet is live. Or wait until mainnet is live and buy from exchanges. The decision is entirely yours.

RichardT

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 03:30:45 PM

I claim that iguanacore is working and it will be released with GUI before ICO funding starts. If you dont believe that I can complete tech projects dont put any funds in until the iguana is released. Or wait until testnet is live. Or wait until mainnet is live and buy from exchanges. The decision is entirely yours.

Good, I will hold him to this.  Finally some kind of clear deadline.  Like I said, if this claim could be made more prominent in the OP or in news releases, it would be very helpful.
KomodoPlatform

Activity: 784
Merit: 253

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2016, 06:01:41 PM

Here's a thought:

If Iguana is so close to being finished for the first release and its development is independent of this new ICO, why not just finish it, then do the ICO?  Perhaps this would build more trust and more people (especially long time BTCD supporters) would support the ICO.  Iguana seems to be the one thing that development has been focused on for a good part of the year and many have been anticipating its release.  So to all of a sudden announce a new tech that is still being developed and will require yet even more extensive testing/debugging, is pretty ridiculous.  I understand this new tech is promising and could change everything, but it could wait.

The most terrible thing about multitasking is that it tends to leave a lot of tasks unfinished.  Focus on one thing at a time and get it done right.  Why is that so hard?

Iguana is very close to the finish line. There will be something to show for (visually) before the Komodo ICO begins. If you are comfortable reviewing code there is a lot to show already! It's all open source and available from Github.

You can also follow the developments from our Slack, channel #Iguana

Currently there are only few bugs to fix from the backend. The GUI team posts updates regularly to the channel.

So in short, we will have something to show for!

News about (translation) bounties?

Not yet Smiley

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AECOSYSTEFONATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2016, 06:17:59 PM

They cant finish it...if you go to the Slack Supernet BTCD channel and read the state of affairs...jl does not know how to manage this or any project. maybe he can code but the project is a mess...multiple people getting paid to do the same task...gui, no coordination, no launch plan...it's a mess and really a sign of what's to come for Komodo...sad state of affairs actually. JL does not know how to use git! How can he manage komodo development with more than himself if he can't use git! Komodo will never launch.

You are exaggerating things! Smiley

At this point all the major obstacles are behind us. The hardest part is done, which took 1-2 years of intensive coding. jl777 has himself stated multible times that what he does best is the backend coding. He also does an outstanding job discussing and answering all the questions anyone has, meaning he is very active on Slack and on the forums.

Yesterday he said that he cannot be a project manager and focus to the deep tech side at the same time. Which should be very understandable. Now we just need someone to step up and bring this technology to the finish line. Based on the yesterday's conversations we might have one! One person cannot do all, but in this case one person has carried the whole project this far, which is an enormous achievement.

You cannot argue with the point that he is working really hard. We will have something to show for. Smiley

Just sit tight!

So for BTCD-Holders that ICO means, that their stack will be diluted because  the project needs new money for development, right? Why you didnt go the nxt-way without any ICO? Seems fairer to me to the people which still hold BTCD.

And if BTCD is a core segment of supernet, why will no funds of the supernet ico used for BTCD development?

The BTCD development had no funding, James was donating his time and joined midway to the project. The overall SuperNET project is very large and ambitious, solving some complex problems. At the same time Komodo's implementation (especially dPoW) needs some funding. This cannot be provided from the other projects, and doing that would make those investors very unhappy.

Each project has to rise its own funds, especially when they are at this scale.

Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2016, 07:15:51 PM

Thanks!

Melnik
Legendary

Activity: 1042
Merit: 1029

MN HOSTING

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2016, 07:43:26 PM

sorry guys, I do not understand what is Komodo? Is it Zcash fork?

Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2016, 07:46:51 PM

ICO on a fork of a coin that isn't even released yet. I rest my case.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2016, 07:56:30 PM

Hey, no problem!

Yes we use the Zcash technology, all credit to them! However, we are not a simple fork as we have added our own technology on top of it. We use NXT style PoS along with a new consensus method called dPoW. The dPoW is an innovation of our own, which will secure Komodo with bitcoin's hashrate (and other coins can secure their blockchains via Komodo).

Another big component is Iguana, which is another project that is in its finish line. We haven't really talked about it yet, but Iguana and Komodo will complement each other.

We will be explaining everything, so sign up for our newsletter and you won't miss anything!
https://komodoplatform.com/

Here is our first article, describing a little bit about dPoW
https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@komodoplatform/komodo-has-been-born

Core Media wrote a great article about Komodo, check it out too!
http://coremedia.info/index.php/blockchain-news/item/303-komodo-zero-knowledge-privacy-secured-by-bitcoin/303-komodo-zero-knowledge-privacy-secured-by-bitcoin

More will come!  Wink

PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 08:07:39 PM

You do realize that a lot of the real opposition is actually from BTCD supporters right?  This ICO actually affects us the most, not other coins/projects.

I didn't see mention that iguana will be released before end of ICO anywhere, so I must have missed it or it was buried somewhere in here or in slack.  If this could be made more prominent then it would change some things.  Preferably, iguana should be released even before the ICO starts.

Of course, there is this whole other issue of the ICO controlling BTCD market prices for the next months to come and ultimately diluting current BTCD holdings.  But I won't go into that right now.

BTCD holders have a vested interest in this true, but i dont think the real opposition is from BTCD supporters thought.

If it was then logic will dictate their responses (like yours) and not fudding like the rest of them.

If you have any questions or concerns feel free to shoot me a DM on slack or PM me here.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

jd1959

Activity: 529
Merit: 505

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 09:47:22 PM

Hi guys
Good to see such intense debate. I'll just add that no matter where you sit in this debate that changing the name of BTCD to KOMODO is the best news since the launch of BTCD. I have always thought that BTCD was

the worst name in the brief history of crypto. In future if we could ban the use of the words "Dark & Classic' in the naming of coins, my day will be made. Please note that this comment is my personal opinion only.

Cheers Jon  Cool 

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out
bitkokos2

Activity: 666
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 10:37:00 PM

When is it expected KMD to enter an exchange like bittrex? Just after ICO period ends?

Thank you
damon0

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 11:28:16 PM

@Pondsea - Since the Komodo team members are likely to benefit more than BTCD investors (payments from invested BTC), your opinions mean little..  Komodo team members opinions are NOT neutral and it is NOT genuine or authentic to pretend like it is..

The most neutral opinion is one of a current (as of last day of August) BTCD investor who is not part of Komodo team and NOT likely to be paid from the ~30,000 BTC collected..

We all know that Iguana/SuperNET/Bitcoindark 'had' a huge potential for a sharp rise in value on the freemarket the moment the very cool wallet application was truly ready for mainstream..  Monero and Steem had 50X rise on arguably less tech..  One komodo team member told be that 'whales' had already picked Bitcoindark for a minimum 7X gain...  Not a 25%, but a 700% gain (minimum)..  This makes sense now why you guys chose 30000 BTC for the ICO, as that's about what whales were valuing Bitcoindark at..  Except, now it won't be BitCoinDark investors who receive the gain, it will be whomever Komodo team chooses to benefit..

Iguana/SuperNET/Bitcoindark has Telepathy, Ram Chains, Pangea, InstantDEX, EasyDEX, multi-wallet, 100X faster sync, 50% compression, etc. etc. etc.  Komodo only adds a couple new features and therefore Bitcoindark/SuperNET/Iguana should be more like 80% or 90% of ICO, not 20%.

AND....  That is the opinion of a non komodo team member, who is managing the investment of BTCD for others.  I effectively have the obligation to reach out to Komodo team and ask them rethink this..

Komodo team - please.... really think this thru carefully..  What you have done is NOT ok..  It's basic common sense..  In the statutory world, people likely go to jail for less..  7X Market gain on 4Mil is 24 Mil profit..  This is NOT a lemonade stand.  You have to act with the utmost care for your investors.  Those who are signatures on the Komodo Multi-Sig BTC wallet, please be very careful and thoughtful about what you are doing, I have the deepest respect for you all and would hate to see you get into any trouble..

Promises were made and those promises need to be fulfilled with crisp, easy to delineate, lines..   Please do not co-mingle Komodo ICO with current obligations until after those promotions have been fulfilled and the freemarket has had a chance to adjust..  I have been a long time advocate of Supernet/Bitcoindark - I've been your biggest fan..  You need to fix this..

Komodo team: You guys are welcome to reach out to me on supernet slack, I'll be happy to explain to you in more detail, the various reasons I believe you need to seriously rethink this.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can make it drink.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: