Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:32:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 [472] 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1234015 times)
Chris!
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 10:16:21 PM

*shrugs* either way you're confirming with the byteball bot that you own those bitcoins but you don't actually own them. I don't agree with it, but hey it's the wild west here right?

If you had 50BTC that would be 0.065BTCx50=3.25 then you only charge them, what, 50%? So you earned $1072.50 of everyone else's money. I don't see how people aren't more annoyed at you. You are devaluing byteball. Saying you rose awareness is great, but can you prove that? From an outsider looking in, I would think if you can cheat a system that easily it's not a very worthwhile currency to be invested in. It doesn't seem like there's any way around it though. Congratulations. You found a loophole. Too bad you don't have proper morals.
Signing a message is the only way to prove ownership of Bitcoins. That's what is required, that's what I did.
I don't see why I have to prove to you that I made people aware of this thread. Some literally mentioned it in my thread, but as it's offtopic, I deleted those. Who knows, someone may report in here, I'm not giving a list of names.

You falsely accused him of fraud when he was doing nothing fraudulent. I have no problem with him offering his claiming service and cannot see how it could be interpreted as immoral. Tony wants to give the coins away to BTC holders, and this guy is helping spread the word for a fee. What's wrong with that?
Thanks dooglus! I appreciate you sticking up for me.

IMO it's morally wrong. It looks like I'm the odd man out on this one but it's still my opinion. I'm not bashing you, I just don't agree with it and wouldn't do it myself.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 10:24:48 PM

went to open my original bb wallet.... i have not upgraded to an updated one as yet

get the message

uncaught exception type error

aarwitnessfromhub.filter is not a function

have my seeds do i need to back up the entire byteball folder before installing new version?

what is that error message?

Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 10:26:16 PM

What about this? It is very deceitful and honestly just seems like fraud to me. For those that don't think it is:

noun: fraud; wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.

How is that deceitful? He's saying he will claim your byteballs for you in exchange for a (huge) fee. Where's the deception? Looks like he's very upfront about the fee.

Its a transparant business deal. To me, it looks like a stupid deal for the other party but everyone is free to make a bad trade.

Chris!
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 10:36:15 PM

What about this? It is very deceitful and honestly just seems like fraud to me. For those that don't think it is:

noun: fraud; wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.

How is that deceitful? He's saying he will claim your byteballs for you in exchange for a (huge) fee. Where's the deception? Looks like he's very upfront about the fee.

Its a transparant business deal. To me, it looks like a stupid deal for the other party but everyone is free to make a bad trade.

Alright that's fair. It is 100% transparent to the person who will be signing the message.
jayek001

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 10:43:14 PM

Thing is, it looks like he's right.

He only has 3 addresses linked to 3SPRV5UZ34QAYFDTLYHIK57JTZZDTGA3, and the most they have held in total at any time is less than 11 BTC

No, currently he has about 10 BTC on his main address. But before he had more, after the May distribution he removed nearly 9 BTC from his main address, look at the transactions: http://btc.blockr.io/address/info/1E76pqeQ151KVyUkbpRATehRBPFx3KFFsM

That's incorrect, i just changed one main address to another and move the full balance and then added more btc to it prior to the drop.
Eric Cartman

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 10:52:03 PM

Still no blackbytes, when will they be released Huh

I'm still trying to get used with a wallet with two coins Huh

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 11:04:30 PM

IMO it's morally wrong. It looks like I'm the odd man out on this one but it's still my opinion. I'm not bashing you, I just don't agree with it and wouldn't do it myself.

What part do you think is morally wrong?

a) telling others about byteball
b) helping them claim it by taking on some of the work (installing the wallet, talking to the transition bot)
c) charging a fee

I suspect that you're fine with the first two and just don't like to see someone charging for a service they are providing. I don't see how charging for a service is immoral either, so maybe it's actually the second one you have the problem with. I really don't know though.

Curiously enough I offered the same service to the users of my dice site yesterday, but didn't take a fee. Is that still immoral?

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
atricoz

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 11:04:41 PM

I can't understand why I didn't receive the amount I was expecting  Huh

I have 5 BTC in my wallet, and I got only 9,125 MB. Is this correct? I thought it was like 62 MB per BTC  Undecided
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 11:07:51 PM

Thing is, it looks like he's right.

He only has 3 addresses linked to 3SPRV5UZ34QAYFDTLYHIK57JTZZDTGA3, and the most they have held in total at any time is less than 11 BTC

No, currently he has about 10 BTC on his main address. But before he had more, after the May distribution he removed nearly 9 BTC from his main address, look at the transactions: http://btc.blockr.io/address/info/1E76pqeQ151KVyUkbpRATehRBPFx3KFFsM

What is it with people telling me I'm wrong in this thread? He moved some coins from one address to another. He started with about 10 BTC and finished with about 10 BTC. At no point did he have a balance that should have been paid anywhere near 1 GB.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Chris!
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 11:08:56 PM

What part do you think is morally wrong?

a) telling others about byteball
b) helping them claim it by taking on some of the work (installing the wallet, talking to the transition bot)
c) charging a fee

I suspect that you're fine with the first two and just don't like to see someone charging for a service they are providing. I don't see how charging for a service is immoral either, so maybe it's actually the second one you have the problem with. I really don't know though.

Curiously enough I offered the same service to the users of my dice site yesterday, but didn't take a fee. Is that still immoral?

What is immoral is the byteball dev clearly wants you to sign an address from your bitcoin address, not have other people sign their addresses. It makes their distribution model broken just like how people complain the Chinese took over bitcoin mining. I don't care about him telling people about byteball, helping them claim it, or charging a fee. Also, we know he wasn't doing this to help th claim it. It wasn't a service he was offering, it was a way for him to make money. It's immoral in regards to the byteball distribution model and indirectly everyone's byteball is now worth just a little bit less. Also, did they know their addresses could never be used in byteball airdrops in the future? Who knows.

Also, this just seems like those shady places that cash your cheque because they know you can't use a bank and charge you through the nose for it. This is exactly what cryptocurrency is supposed to be against. Trust no one and distribute money fairly.
ssinc

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Hash for Cash!

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 11:09:02 PM

Soooo Transition Bot just repeating everything that is being input? This is strange... bah

CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 11:09:12 PM

I have 5 BTC in my wallet, and I got only 9,125 MB. Is this correct? I thought it was like 62 MB per BTC  Undecided

Check transition.byteball.org

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
bobo012

Activity: 714
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 11:13:00 PM

Soooo Transition Bot just repeating everything that is being input? This is strange... bah

It's normal. It's because its offline now
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 11:19:32 PM

What is immoral is the byteball dev clearly wants you to sign an address from your bitcoin address, not have other people sign their addresses.

I think he wants me to sign and others to sign. I think he wants as many people as possible to sign. But I'm just guessing. I would be surprised if he only wanted me to sign however.

It makes their distribution model broken just like how people complain the Chinese took over bitcoin mining.

So now you're claiming that it's immoral for Chinese people to mine Bitcoin? Let's try to keep racism out of it shall we? I really don't see how it matters what nationality you are when you're claiming bytes or mining Bitcoins.

I don't care about him telling people about byteball, helping them claim it, or charging a fee.

So it wasn't any of the three things I guessed. It was a forth thing: it is immoral to help people claim their bytes because of some unstated desire of Tony's about who should sign the messages? He is clearly OK with people claiming through their Bitcoin exchanges. He has said so himself. Some exchanges claim their bytes for the BTC they hold and pass it on to their clients after taking a fee. So if your only objection is that Tony wouldn't like it I'm not sure it's valid.

Also, we know he wasn't doing this to help th claim it. It wasn't a service he was offering, it was a way for him to make money.

Very few service providers provide their service exclusively to help people. Do you think McDonalds sell burgers because they want to help you not be hungry? I suspect that their main motivation is profit based. What about your ISP? Do they have a deep desire to help you watch cat videos online? Or are they more interested in turning a profit? Of course it's reasonable to charge a fee when you provide a service. That doesn't mean you're not helping people, and it also doesn't mean that helping people is your main motivation. I don't have a problem with that.

It's immoral in regards to the byteball distribution model and indirectly everyone's byteball is now worth just a little bit less.

That would be the case whether they claimed directly or by using his service. By this definition maybe the most moral thing to do would be to DDoS the transition bot so that nobody else could claim. Then you would maximize your share. Is that how morality works?

Also, did they know their addresses could never be used in byteball airdrops in the future? Who knows.

Linked addresses work in every airdrop. You don't need to relink them. Also you're free to move your coins to a new address if you want to link it with a different byteball wallet.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 11:21:16 PM

You get paid for each BTC you have in your linked addresses.

What probably happened is that you only linked one of the addresses in your wallet, but the majority of your BTC are on different unlinked addresses.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Michail1
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2017, 11:26:02 PM

Go back 1 month and read the post for the same question instead of asking the same thing over and over again.  For free money, you should at least read a little about it.

blackbytes typically take an extra day to distribute.

I can't understand why I didn't receive the amount I was expecting  Huh

I have 5 BTC in my wallet, and I got only 9,125 MB. Is this correct? I thought it was like 62 MB per BTC  Undecided

Without posting your linked address you can claim you own a billion bitcoin.  We can't check what you think you might have had linked.
Post the address.

bustedsynx

Activity: 859
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 11:31:10 PM

Go back 1 month and read the post for the same question instead of asking the same thing over and over again.  For free money, you should at least read a little about it.

blackbytes typically take an extra day to distribute.

I can't understand why I didn't receive the amount I was expecting  Huh

I have 5 BTC in my wallet, and I got only 9,125 MB. Is this correct? I thought it was like 62 MB per BTC  Undecided

Without posting your linked address you can claim you own a billion bitcoin.  We can't check what you think you might have had linked.
Post the address.

LOL snap....That's a good one.

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade crypto with FTX - 5% off fees with this link
Chris!
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 11:32:22 PM

So now you're claiming that it's immoral for Chinese people to mine Bitcoin? Let's try to keep racism out of it shall we? I really don't see how it matters what nationality you are when you're claiming bytes or mining Bitcoins.
Roll Eyes haha oh dooglas. Why? Your arguments are all valid except this one. I'm the opposite of a racist. No hard feelings. We just have different opinions.

Anywho I'm going for a drive with my family because it's a beautiful evening. Happy Canada 150.
Michail1
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2017, 11:43:25 PM

LOL snap....That's a good one.

I guess I am getting a little short with people.   Sad
Thanks for pointing that out.    Wink

miramare

Activity: 1162
Merit: 568

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 11:56:38 PM

You get paid for each BTC you have in your linked addresses.

What probably happened is that you only linked one of the addresses in your wallet, but the majority of your BTC are on different unlinked addresses.

It seem that I got double payment with two exact same amount.  Supposed to get my BTC * 62MB, but got 2* my BTC * 62
Is it normal?

My mistake!
I only have my BTC * 62MB + 0.2* my Gbyte Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 [472] 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: