Bitcoin Forum
September 26, 2018, 04:00:44 PM *
News: ♦♦ New info! Bitcoin Core users absolutely must upgrade to previously-announced 0.16.3 [Torrent]. All Bitcoin users should temporarily trust confirmations slightly less. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 350 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Zcoin (XZC) - Implementing Zerocoin technology for financial privacy  (Read 526583 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
zcoinofficial

Activity: 449
Merit: 260

Zcoin (XZC)

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2016, 12:19:54 AM

Do people not realize that the mining algo is not a "feature"...
It's at the absolute security and functional core of the entire network and venture...
That the current CPU mining algo has always been a temporary hack...
And if MTP will take 4-5 months nothing matters except getting that hard fork right.

Sure, you might be completely correct.

However... excuse my ignority, possibly this was discussed hundreds of times before, but could someone explain me what is specifically bad in botnets mining the coin?

I understand that is not fair, as they get the coin almost for free, and botnet owners are basically thieves. And also it is bad for regular miners, who have to spend much more hashrate to compete.
But what is the harm for the coin itself? The features (anon and everything else) works perfectly regardless of who is mining the coin - botnets or normal miners. Both botnets and regular miners are typically dumping their mined coins immediately, so there is no big difference between them for the coin price. If there is an appropriate demand, adoption, and the all the tech is working well, everything should be ok with the coin.. So what is the point in implementing MTP and banning botnets?

I am not implying anything, just curious Smiley

EDIT: ok, I gave it a bit more thought, and probably the bad thing in botnet mining is the possible  centralisation (if most botnets belong to the same group of people), and hence the possibility of 51% attack..? Is this the thing?

You are right. Botnets tend to be controlled by a single entity which destroys centralization.

However, the implementation of MTP is not solely for banning botnets and there are other reasons such as it being 'progress-free' and also fast to verify.

Progress free means the mining process must be stochastic so that the probability to find a solution grows steadily with time and is non-zero for small time periods which can be argued to discourage centralization. For example with Equihash, it takes several seconds to get a proof that certifies the memory allocation which makes the algorithm not 'progress free' as the probability of finding a solution during the allocation time is zero.

Also although finding the solution should be memory hard (to be ASIC resistant), verifying the solution should be fast and require little memory to prevent DOS attacks on verifiers. Lyra the algo we are using now is pretty slow on verification.

Zcoin: Implementing Zerocoin technology for financial privacy
zcoin.io
BCT | Slack | Twitter | Reddit

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 01:42:56 AM

Do people not realize that the mining algo is not a "feature"...
It's at the absolute security and functional core of the entire network and venture...
That the current CPU mining algo has always been a temporary hack...
And if MTP will take 4-5 months nothing matters except getting that hard fork right.

Sure, you might be completely correct.

However... excuse my ignority, possibly this was discussed hundreds of times before, but could someone explain me what is specifically bad in botnets mining the coin?

I understand that is not fair, as they get the coin almost for free, and botnet owners are basically thieves. And also it is bad for regular miners, who have to spend much more hashrate to compete.
But what is the harm for the coin itself? The features (anon and everything else) works perfectly regardless of who is mining the coin - botnets or normal miners. Both botnets and regular miners are typically dumping their mined coins immediately, so there is no big difference between them for the coin price. If there is an appropriate demand, adoption, and the all the tech is working well, everything should be ok with the coin.. So what is the point in implementing MTP and banning botnets?

I am not implying anything, just curious Smiley

EDIT: ok, I gave it a bit more thought, and probably the bad thing in botnet mining is the possible  centralisation (if most botnets belong to the same group of people), and hence the possibility of 51% attack..? Is this the thing?

I wasn't really trying to focus on MTP specifically...
But point out that the XZC team is still working out a lot of new, complex tech...
And is at least 6 months away from taking on the XMRs of this world.

Meanwhile, their web site and github postings and roadmap are excellent...
And the communication in this thread is daily and first class...
So nothing about this project sets off "short-term scam" alarms for me...
Maybe the anon area is getting a little crowded, but there will be several winners.

Just look at the #150 area of CMC...
That's a springboard zone where coins often make a yuge jump in 6-12 months...
How many of those would you like to own (I own XZC, COVAL, PSB)?  Smiley
marseille

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 06:56:55 AM

Other existing solutions utilize either coin mixing or ring signatures. Coin mixing in many current implementations involve a lot of trust on the mixer and rely on finding other people to mix with which can take time. Ring signatures are a lot better in that it finds similar transactions of similar denominations to mix with but it means that there's still an element of traceability since the real transaction path is still somewhere in there and other outside data and topological analysis may narrow this down further.

https://github.com/zcoinofficial/zcoin/wiki/How-does-Zcoin-compare-to-other-anonymity-methods%3F

For coin mixing Supercoin uses multisig and the mixer/guarator are randomly chosen and system is completely trustless. Unfortunately I did not see further development of the tech, otherwise it could be a good one.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1351548.0

▶▷>

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▄██████████████▄░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄████████████████████▄░░░░░░
░░░▄▄████████████████████████▄▄░░░
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀
░░░▀██████████████████████████▀░░░
░░░░░░▀████████████████████▀░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▀██████████████▀░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

KryptoSEA
/ 
/ 

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████████▌░
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████████▀███░░
░░░░░▄▄██████████▀▀░▄███▌░░
░▄████████████▀▀░░▄█████░░░
░▀▀▀███████▀░░░▄███████▌░░░
░░░░░░░██░░░░▄█████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░█░░▄██████████▌░░░░
░░░░░░░░█░░███████████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░█░██▀░░▀█████▌░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██▀░░░░░░░▀██░░░░░░
/ 
/
/ 
Your everyday crypto
<◁◀
ybelevi

Activity: 129
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 02:52:46 PM

hello,

i'm mining 2 xeon 2620, win 2016 srv server.cpu %69-70 is that normal? why cant i use all cpu
im useing ocminer's cpu miner

regards
JonLord

Activity: 88

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 10:53:16 PM

Are we touching the floor?

adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 03:34:07 AM

Total market cap once all 21 million coins are released is under $12M now I think.
So pricewise it's more reasonable, but still priced for success.
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 03:44:12 AM

Why won't Roger Ver even fire off a simple tweet about Zcoin? He's favorited one of my Zcoin tweets but he won't make a public statement of support himself.

You'd think a guy $500k invested in this thing would be a bit more proactive....

he realized he was scammed by indonesian vertcoin dev parapin who stole the work from a university colleague.

what a scam zcoin. the best scam of 2016.
Enjoy lambo paparin-poparin-ponjamin or what is your name.

I got all signs at beginning when price was 0.08 and after ONLY 20 days from launch 3 dev addresses were drained. when we asked to dev where those coins was sent the answers was "anon bounties"

Such scam.

How many coins were in those addresses?
As we can now see the size of bounties they are offering.

Quote from: zcoinofficial
Dev to help update Bitcoin core code to 0.13 2000 XZC
Develop open source pool software that supports MTP 3000 XZC
GPU miner with MTP algorithm 2000 XZC
CPU miner with MTP algorithm 1500 XZC
ZimSET

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 12:37:48 AM

Total market cap once all 21 million coins are released is under $12M now I think.

your forgetting that the final coin amount will be in around 9 years.. thats when we will have 21mil

from here it will take us 2months to go from 400k coins to 800k coins.

so give it 7months and we will have around a 800,000usd market cap. tiny for the tech, in comparison to what zcash will have.. around 300million
zcoinofficial

Activity: 449
Merit: 260

Zcoin (XZC)

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2016, 02:36:02 AM

We're looking for help with Chinese translations! Do pm me if you think you can help!

Zcoin: Implementing Zerocoin technology for financial privacy
zcoin.io
BCT | Slack | Twitter | Reddit
Daniko7

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 11:02:44 AM

We're looking for help with Chinese translations! Do pm me if you think you can help!

I offer you German translation, if needed. just pm me if necassary...
thanks

cmaxim23

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 01:24:56 PM

Russian is my first language, I can offer help with Russian translation. PM me please
kamikaza

Activity: 527
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 02:11:32 PM

Guys, question. Is there any connection between zcoin and zoin?
Skirmant

Activity: 108

Such is life in crypto paradise

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 05:44:28 PM

It's just a fork of ZCoin

Need help with developing your altcoin? I can set up Android/Electrum wallets and Twitter/Discord tipbots and many other things for a reasonable price.
Feel free to message me.
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 06:35:41 PM

your forgetting that the final coin amount will be in around 9 years.. thats when we will have 21mil

from here it will take us 2months to go from 400k coins to 800k coins.

so give it 7months and we will have around a 800,000usd market cap. tiny for the tech, in comparison to what zcash will have.. around 300million
Market capilalisation is a measurement designed for equities not for crypto currencies. It is seriously flawed if one uses it to value crypto coins IMHO
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1684276.msg16910985#msg16910985
drays
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 09:01:09 PM

Its funny how this open-source thing works. Smiley. Someone spent many months (if not years) developing something, then he publishes it as open-source, and in 1-5 days it is being copied and exploited, often without giving any credit to the original. I know open-source is good, but sometimes it is getting ridiculous. I am coming from closed-source business world myself, and though I like open-source, but sometimes I think there should be limits on that (maybe a grace period of few months/years before the source is opened).

Do you guys think those clones are harming the original or are good for it...? In a perfect world they should help (by working in parallel and finding and fixing issues), but in reality I am not sure...

... this space is not for rent ...
zoin

Activity: 47

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 09:31:56 PM

Its funny how this open-source thing works. Smiley. Someone spent many months (if not years) developing something, then he publishes it as open-source, and in 1-5 days it is being copied and exploited, often without giving any credit to the original. I know open-source is good, but sometimes it is getting ridiculous. I am coming from closed-source business world myself, and though I like open-source, but sometimes I think there should be limits on that (maybe a grace period of few months/years before the source is opened).

Do you guys think those clones are harming the original or are good for it...? In a perfect world they should help (by working in parallel and finding and fixing issues), but in reality I am not sure...

I don't want to get involved in this thread, but you'll find quite the opposite.

ZCoin does not give credit to the Zerocoin developers (see Copyright statements in Github and GUI):

https://github.com/zcoinofficial/zcoin/blob/master/README.md

90% of the work done in ZCoin for Zerocoin was from the Zerocoin library:

https://github.com/Zerocoin/libzerocoin

Zoin on the other hand, gives full credit to ZCoin (for their contribution) and ZeroCoin in the Copyright statements and GUI:

https://github.com/zoin/zoin/blob/master/README.md
landslide

Activity: 497
Merit: 251

TWOGAP

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 09:42:02 PM

I dont think it is a problem. Usually the forked coin has a lot less market cap than the original one, also some clone coin does make improvements on the coin which advances our understanding. So nothing to worry about.

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
tomsmith26

Activity: 868
Merit: 512

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 03:48:41 AM

I don't want to get involved in this thread, but you'll find quite the opposite.

ZCoin does not give credit to the Zerocoin developers (see Copyright statements in Github and GUI):

Zoin on the other hand, gives full credit to ZCoin (for their contribution) and ZeroCoin in the Copyright statements and GUI:

there are two coins here (zcoin and zoin) it 's easily confused.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
■   .PRIVATE SALE is LIVE.   ■
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Whitepaper   ■   Bounty   ■   Bitcointalk

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                        ███
                     ▄▄ ▀▀▀ ███
                     ██▀ ▄▄ ▀▀▀
                   ▄▄    █▀▀ ▄▄ ██
                   ▀▀ ▄█  ▄▄ ▀
                  ██  ▀ ▄ ▀
                  ▄▄ █▄ ▀▀
                  ▀▀  ▄ ▀
   ▄▄              ██ ▀ ▀
   ██▀               ▄ ▀
  ▄  ▄█         ▄ ▄   ▀
 ███  ▀ █▄ ▄▀ ▀▄  ▀  ▄ ██ ██
  ▀▀ █▄ ▄  ▄█ ▀ █▀  ▀ ▄ ▄▄  ▄█▄
███     ▀▀   ▄█▄       ▄ ▀ ▄ ▀ ▄
▀▀▀ ██ ██ ██  ▀         ▄▄ ▀▀ ▀██
                         ▀ ▄█  ▄▄
                        ▄█ ▀▀ ▀██
                        ▄ ▄█▄
                       ▀▀ ▀▀
                      ██
..Skynet..
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram   ■   Facebook   ■   Twitter   ■   Medium   ■   Reddit   ■   LinkedIn
.CREATING THE INTELLIGENT MACHINE ECONOMY.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
miass

Activity: 30

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 02:42:15 PM

Scroll through the 45 pages and found no solution, there is a normal miner for Windows ? And after all, what is an algorithm? Thank you all for understanding.
barrysty1e

Activity: 604
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2016, 02:53:03 PM

its not so much that; implementing libzerocoin in itself is not easy.

it'd be like building a drag car, and then not giving credit to whoever manufactured the pistons, both things are not easy tasks but one won't work without the other.

just like a chocolate milkshake, only crunchy..!
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 350 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.