Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:20:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question:

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you agree with idea "Bitcoin bank" ?  (Read 142233 times)
rapazev

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 03:02:38 PM

and why would someone be against this type of service? and like has been said, it's exactly what xapo, coinbase and others are offering.
people need to understand that they aren't obligated to use this service(this is the main advantage of bitcoin, you are almost obligated to use banks to use fiat).

yet, a few user dont know sh*t about technology and they fear to use bitcoin because of that. Banks could help these people.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 03:41:36 PM

Bitcoin made me my own bank, when storing btc on other sites/wallet providers it doesn't give any interest and not all of them gives the private keys. I just keep my btc safe with me and will not trust a 3rd party provider with to much of my coins.
That's the best way to look at this whole "Bitcoin Bank" thing. People are finally their own bank where they can control every aspect of their financial situation.

There is no need for a third party to hold our coins where we don't know what they are doing with them. They might use them to trade and invest in all kinds of risky projects.

Another thing of importance is that when you're using a wallet service that doesn't give you the private keys, then directly avoid using it and switch to one where they do give you the private keys.

It's beyond insane that you store your coins somewhere, and you aren't given the private keys, while you must rely on the site working properly at the time you want to access your coins.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
wutard

Activity: 150

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 04:52:02 PM

Bitcoin made me my own bank, when storing btc on other sites/wallet providers it doesn't give any interest and not all of them gives the private keys. I just keep my btc safe with me and will not trust a 3rd party provider with to much of my coins.
That's the best way to look at this whole "Bitcoin Bank" thing. People are finally their own bank where they can control every aspect of their financial situation.

There is no need for a third party to hold our coins where we don't know what they are doing with them. They might use them to trade and invest in all kinds of risky projects.

Another thing of importance is that when you're using a wallet service that doesn't give you the private keys, then directly avoid using it and switch to one where they do give you the private keys.

It's beyond insane that you store your coins somewhere, and you aren't given the private keys, while you must rely on the site working properly at the time you want to access your coins.
What exactly will be engaged in bitcoin bank, and what features will perform. If, indeed, will also work as real banks, it is not something that we need to be.
Argwai96
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Thug for life!

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 04:55:15 PM

Bitcoin is sign of freedom and decentralization, having a bank with DB of all the customers, stupid idea.
Rastaman2016

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 05:43:01 PM

Bitcoin is sign of freedom and decentralization, having a bank with DB of all the customers, stupid idea.
I like the idea of ​​decentralization bitcoin, but it seems to me that the idea of ​​bitcoin bank eliminates the idea of ​​decentralization.
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 05:48:57 PM

I actually voted I dont know/ I am not sure because I really dont understand the function a bank wants to perform in the sense that anytime I log in into my blockchain, I am always welcomed with the fact that this is my bank of what use will another bank work for me?

Another is the fact that this "bank" will it pay interest on my deposit? or will it loan out my money out?who will serve as a guarantee that my money is secure among other unanswered questions. Until that is settled, I dont see the usefulness.

staff_1307

Activity: 232

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 06:04:17 PM

No, I do not like this idea because, just one of the advantages Bitcoin is that it is independent of the banks all your money belongs only to you.
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 06:05:06 PM

I like the idea of ​​decentralization bitcoin, but it seems to me that the idea of ​​bitcoin bank eliminates the idea of ​​decentralization.
But I guess there are a lot of possibility to have bitcoin banks even with btcoin's core concept of being decentralised. Yes banks will act how our debit card providers are working right now like just to faciliate us only with the conversion part of bitcoin into fiats. Banks will simply accept bitcoin deposits and may give option to withdraw in bitcoins.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 06:05:30 PM

I don't understand the idea of bitcoin bank who will hold the funds which is totally against the spirit of bitcoin, everybody love bitcoin because of freedom so that I'm against this idea, very hard to understand why would we give our coins to 3rd party without any security about our funds, investment in bitcoin is better than this idea.
You have the point and i think we have already use the wallet as our bank.. and i think we dont need bitcoin bank except for ATM or any bitcoin machine that can withdraw and deposit bitcoin instantly.. will be a good idea to spread worldwide than bitcoin banks..

We are using it anonymously so if there is bitcoin bank i think they need our identity in order to be member of that bank..
The difference is that you may ‘get a loan’ or ‘get interest’ with banks as well which our bitcoin wallets can’t provide. Bitcoin Bank is against the basic concepts of bitcoin but that is what people want the “bank” to be I assume. When bitcoin hits main stream of adoptions, people may start forgetting to demand for bitcoin banks.

People getting a financial gain such as interest over the coins they save there is the only reason. I can't think of anything else that people may find so interesting, that they throw away their full control over their coins. You said loans, but there are several other ways of how you can get a Bitcoin related loan. Think about certain Bitcoin lending sites, the community that you can ask for a loan, etc. No need for a service that is saying to be a "Bitcoin bank".
I do not understand the essence of bitcoin bank. Although there are already some banks in bitcoin information. Just the very foundation of decentralized bitcoin tells a different story. Therefore, it is not that clear.
Yup the point of a bank's business is loaning money that you owned and they are the ones earning from it, However in the Bitcoin world their are thousands of people who are willing to loan their Bitcoin in an exchange for interest. The problem is this people who loan can't hold a big amount of Bitcoin unlike banks who can handle billions of dollars. For me just go to a Fiat bank if you will loan that big of amount.
Sierra82fit

Activity: 142

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 06:30:29 PM

But I guess there are a lot of possibility to have bitcoin banks even with btcoin's core concept of being decentralised. Yes banks will act how our debit card providers are working right now like just to faciliate us only with the conversion part of bitcoin into fiats. Banks will simply accept bitcoin deposits and may give option to withdraw in bitcoins.
Without control of all the ideas probably go to pieces. While only a small number of people are involved. And when bitcoin will go to the masses, then the bank can not do without.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2016, 07:21:59 PM

People getting a financial gain such as interest over the coins they save there is the only reason. I can't think of anything else that people may find so interesting, that they throw away their full control over their coins. You said loans, but there are several other ways of how you can get a Bitcoin related loan. Think about certain Bitcoin lending sites, the community that you can ask for a loan, etc. No need for a service that is saying to be a "Bitcoin bank".

These lending sites are a disguise for scammers. The community where you can ask for a loan is not very much different from your circle of close friends where you can ask for a fiat loan as well. But that doesn't somehow make banks obsolete. A real Bitcoin bank will require you, as a borrower, to provide liquid collateral, and I don't think that they are going to consider altcoins as one such. In this way, they would protect the bitcoins they themselves might receive to deposits from Bitcoin users...

Personally, I think it is only a matter of time till real banks start offering Bitcoin related services (e.g. deposits and loans)

Yup the point of a bank's business is loaning money that you owned

Banks don't need deposits to give out loans. But that wouldn't work with Bitcoin

richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 07:30:37 PM

Personally, I think it is only a matter of time till real banks start offering Bitcoin related services (e.g. deposits and loans)

Nah, can't see this being a realistic outcome in the future. Mainly because of the fact that Bitcoin is something banks can't verify the source from. In these times every decent amount of money that people deposit will be subject to a far more drastic protocol. Governments are constantly raising the bar with their ridiculous policies in an attempt to stop money laundering and the financing of terrorist groups.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2016, 08:12:48 PM

Nah, can't see this being a realistic outcome in the future. Mainly because of the fact that Bitcoin is something banks can't verify the source from. In these times every decent amount of money that people deposit will be subject to a far more drastic protocol. Governments are constantly raising the bar with their ridiculous policies in an attempt to stop money laundering and the financing of terrorist groups.

This argument doesn't hold

When you bring cash to a bank office in order to open a deposit account, do they ask where you got the money from? I guess they don't unless you bring a sack packed with Benjamins. In this way, as long as you provide all necessary details about your identity (which you would have to reveal in any case), there shouldn't be any particular issues with opening a Bitcoin account in a bank. And then you just send bitcoins from your personal wallet to a wallet linked to your account in the bank very much like you make a wire transfer from another bank

Vikingr

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 08:29:54 PM

When you bring cash to a bank office in order to open a deposit account, do they ask where you got the money from? I guess they don't unless you bring a sack packed with Benjamins. In this way, as long as you provide all necessary details about your identity (which you would have to reveal in any case), there shouldn't be any particular issues with opening a Bitcoin account in a bank. And then you just send bitcoins from your personal wallet to a wallet linked to your account in the bank very much like you make a wire transfer from another bank
At the time when you create your account at the bank they ask for the proof of source of income and after that when you deposit your money they calculate them according to that source and when you have some income to that account something of different value or from a different place rather than expected according to your source of income then they start investigation. That is the way of banks in my country.
Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 08:32:45 PM

Recently, i often see discussion about Bitcoin Bank. More and more people come here and ask about bitcoin bank & surprisingly i see few user agree with this idea.
So, i would like to find out the percentage of user who agreed with this idea.

Honestly, i think this idea is stupid and worst idea that i've seen in my life. What do you think?
p.s. we don't talk about bitcoin debit card.

Xapo, Coinbase and Circle, they are all "bitcoin banks", if someone doesn't like them, they don't have to use them...

I'm neutral on this situation, if no one harmed by bitcoin banks so why we shouldn't hate or dislike them instead of many people using their services even exchanges consider as banks as we convert through them and used it. If their services are profitable for us then why not, we use it if good for us and don't if we don't want to, simply like that.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2016, 08:36:37 PM
Last edit: December 05, 2016, 09:27:51 PM by deisik

At the time when you create your account at the bank they ask for the proof of source of income and after that when you deposit your money they calculate them according to that source and when you have some income to that account something of different value or from a different place rather than expected according to your source of income then they start investigation

And how things would be different in respect to Bitcoin?

That is the way of banks in my country

Obviously, things differ between countries. Once upon a time I was adding something like 12,000 dollars in cash to my bank account directly in the bank office using their ATM. It was around 80 bills of the biggest denomination, and the whole process took some time. I was assisted by an administrator and the room where that ATM was installed had been locked from inside for safety. I felt myself like a millionaire...

And no one asked a thing about where I got this money from

HanSchultz

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 09:11:13 PM

i do not understand what is meant by a bitcoin bank and what is the harm in having one bank for the people that need one.what ever it may be i do expect some sort of banking regulations being introduced for bitcoin by some governments .
justdimin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 09:17:59 PM

i do not understand what is meant by a bitcoin bank and what is the harm in having one bank for the people that need one.what ever it may be i do expect some sort of banking regulations being introduced for bitcoin by some governments .
A bitcoin bank will not harm us until it will not ask us to produce our transaction details like from where we are getting bitcoins and where we are spending them. We may need a bitcoin bank for buying and selling but once bitcoin hits main stream of adoption then there will not be any need of any such bank.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
mastica

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 12:05:00 AM

I do believe those wich does wanna a bitcoin banks should left bitcoin at once as well crypto world, the most of us are at crypto not only for to make and earn money, but to be free, be able to choose and moove our money anytime, soo you people do wanna to centralize your coins as long the bank gives you some interest, there is no other valid reason to have such interest.
R3ffun

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 05:46:39 AM

Recently, i often see discussion about Bitcoin Bank. More and more people come here and ask about bitcoin bank & surprisingly i see few user agree with this idea.
So, i would like to find out the percentage of user who agreed with this idea.

Honestly, i think this idea is stupid and worst idea that i've seen in my life. What do you think?
p.s. we don't talk about bitcoin debit card.
Bitcoin bank ? no i disagree
local bank Bitcoin bank that can be turn into a actual money
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: