Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:03:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question:

Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you agree with idea "Bitcoin bank" ?  (Read 142235 times)
Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 07:07:21 AM

There is no such animal for an intangible currency by the very definition of bank in economics, lol.  The very thought that someone would conceive this and then put it out there shows the absolute lack of understanding about the economic world that these users have.  No wonder the price fluctuations are so dramatic, they are being driven by an entire herd of self-deluded experts that apparently do not have a local law library in their town.

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Natalia_Volkova

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 07:18:53 AM

Why not? Bitkoin quickly develops and captures the world, but for further successful development it requires the bank, which can control the situation.
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 10:35:45 AM

I completely disagree the idea of bitcoin bank i think we don't need it as bitcoin is meant to remain decentralized always and the idea of bank is to centralize bitcoin. Even some regulated web wallets like coinbase, xapo practice same restrictions like normal banks with lots of account lock down and KYC policies which is completely against what bitcoin was developed for.
Indeed, if there is a bank who totally accepts bitcoin I think they can’t handle it well because bitcoin doesn’t have exact value so it will become a problem. However; there are online wallets that can help you to keep your bitcoin safe and secure. Lastly, I guess in the coming future there will be a bank who allows bitcoin as deposit of their client.

The bank will hold your bitcoin. 1.467BTC and not the value of the bitcoin in usd.
You have 1.467BTC, and you will be able to withdraw or use 1.467 BTC no matter if the price is 100 or 1 million.

Online wallets...safe and secure.
Yeah right!!!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=576337#post_toc_54
What you said it's correct the banks will hold our bitcoins in the form of bitcoins only not in the form of USD. And if we want to withdraw our bitcoins we can withdraw our full bitcoins there is no deduction will be done by banks. But the only thing is the govt will take tax from us. They will put one margin if we cross that margin we have to pay tax to govt. Making bitcoin bank is easy but handling it is very tough.
Eminem23

Activity: 394
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 10:40:19 AM

Why not? Bitkoin quickly develops and captures the world, but for further successful development it requires the bank, which can control the situation.

Why control bitcoin? You yourself say that bitcoin is developing rapidly. And it develops just without control. If there was control, the development of bitcoin would be restrained. And why do we need it? I do not see the need for bitcoin bank
Vohoanghiep

Activity: 301

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 11:29:15 AM

Recently, i often see discussion about Bitcoin Bank. More and more people come here and ask about bitcoin bank & surprisingly i see few user agree with this idea.
So, i would like to find out the percentage of user who agreed with this idea.

Honestly, i think this idea is stupid and worst idea that i've seen in my life. What do you think?
p.s. we don't talk about bitcoin debit card OR any centralized service which only ask name and email address.

Certainly no Bitcoin bank exists because it goes against the benefits that Bitcoin brings so no one is foolish enough to invest in any Bitcoin bank.
Obito

Activity: 1274
Merit: 293

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 11:40:02 AM

For me I consider bitcoin wallet as bitcoin bank or I would say I would prefer to use bitcoin wallet because I could easily access and see the progress. I mean wallet is more convinient than bank because as long as you have internet connection you could use it instantly.
Magkirap

Activity: 896
Merit: 267

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 04:57:06 PM

I completely disagree the idea of bitcoin bank i think we don't need it as bitcoin is meant to remain decentralized always and the idea of bank is to centralize bitcoin. Even some regulated web wallets like coinbase, xapo practice same restrictions like normal banks with lots of account lock down and KYC policies which is completely against what bitcoin was developed for.
Absolutely no, because if there is bank who totally accept bitcoin I think they can’t handle it well because bitcoin doesn’t have an exact value. In addition to that, the price of bitcoin always changes it might decrease or increase. Some bitcoin users save their bitcoin in online wallet because they know it is safe and secure. However, I hope in the near future there will be a bank who totally accepts bitcoin.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
zedsacs

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 05:06:23 PM

I don't really know why they would need a such thing they called a "bitcoin bank" if we all know that we have these bitcoin wallets. I mean, if we put a bitcoin bank, the essence of using bitcoin which is using it without showing your identity or anonymously but I think it's not okay with a bank haha so I'n agains about thjs bitcoin banl.

▄▄████▄▄         
     ▄▄████████████▄▄       
 ▄▄████████████████████▄▄ 
██████████▀▀  ▀▀▀███▀▀▀       
███████▀                 
███████    ▄██▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████   ██████   ▐██████
███████    ▀██▀    ▐██████
███████▄          ▄███████
██████████▄▄  ▄▄██████████
 ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
     ▀▀████████████▀▀     
         ▀▀████▀▀
GlobaTalent██████
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██
         ▄▄████▄▄         
     ▄▄████████████▄▄       
 ▄▄████████████████████▄▄ 
██████████▀▀  ▀▀▀███▀▀▀       
███████▀                 
███████    ▄██▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████   ██████   ▐██████
███████    ▀██▀    ▐██████
███████▄          ▄███████
██████████▄▄  ▄▄██████████
 ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
     ▀▀████████████▀▀     
         ▀▀████▀▀
██████
    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
    ██
▇▇ Read our Whitepaper ▇▇
Telegram
Facebook
Medium
Twitter
ANN Thread
Bounty
Prince8

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 05:23:17 PM

Could be an excellent way to get people like my father, his friends and less tech savvy people on board of bitcoin..

the process of acquiring btc, downloading a wallet, back up, complex password, cold storage is extremely(to say the least) complicated for tech illiterate people

If i could tell my father that now he could hold his savings in the bank, but in btc, and continue using his debit card im 100% sure he would snap do it
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 02:35:37 PM

Absolutely no, because if there is bank who totally accept bitcoin [1]I think they can’t handle it well because bitcoin doesn’t have an exact value. In addition to that, the price of bitcoin always changes it might decrease or increase. [2]Some bitcoin users save their bitcoin in online wallet because they know it is safe and secure. However, I hope in the near future there will be a bank who totally accepts bitcoin.

[1] If the banks, which are financial institutions, can't handle bitcoin, then how come there are exchanges up to now? How come there are exchanges that are like goose laying golden eggs because the owner makes good money from the business? Bitcoin's price might go up and down but a bitcoin bank will just act like exchanges.

[2] I think you meant some "dumb" bitcoin users are saving their bitcoin in an online wallet. Online wallets are only for newbies that don't have nothing yet and should focus on learning the concept of bitcoin first. It's where a newbie would put his early satoshis and then at some point he should move them to a more secure wallet like an offline wallet generated from Electrum.

One thing, you can never trust someone on the Internet. Not even online wallet websites.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Shiversnow

Activity: 688
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 02:42:50 PM

I don't agree on idea of Bitcoin bank because it is against the nature and fundamental idea on what Bitcoin is working and was invented. Bitcoin is sign of freedom and decentralization where as any type of banking idea means again centralization and tough rules and regulations just like traditional ways. I will not use such services as long as will be possible to avoid them.
I also disagree on the idea bitcoin bank and if there is bank who accept bitcoin I think they can’t handle it well because bitcoin doesn’t have exact value in the market and the price of bitcoin is always. Lastly, I would prefer to use online wallet to keep my bitcoin safe and secure and it is very easy to use.
Ryan Dugan

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2017, 03:19:25 PM

A legendary member makes a thread like this ? It's so popular as well ?? Why are people like you even here. You clrwrly have no idea how Bitcoin works. You are the bank that's the point if Bitcoin. Wow is this a thread more the mentally challenged ?

pathapoddo

Activity: 448

CRYPTOCITIZEN $CCASH

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 02:41:17 PM

I think it is a stupid idea.honestly,I don't need any bitcoin bank.I have online wallet.It is enough for me to save my bitcoin.

⎔ CRYPTOCITIZEN ┇ RULE & EARN 【 $CCASH 】
MMO RPG METAVERSE ON BSC ┇ FIGHT  • •  DRAG RACE  • •  EARN
➥ TELEGRAM ➥ TWITTER ➥ TWITCH ➥ WEBSITE  • • 【 WEBSITE 】
frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 02:46:36 PM

I think I would say though 55% of crowd is saying no about it. I have all the good reasons to have bitcoin as bank operated currency because it will be available physically and there will be a lot of nvestment into it. The investment would be because of its physical presence while the trust will be more as most of the people love to see their money in physical form. I'm one of them and I wish to hold bitcoin in my hands and show everyone what I have, the advanced technology prototype. :-) that would be fun.
carrie_white

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 02:47:51 PM

well, i agree with you, thats a great idea, but I thought the wallets and exchanger already looked like a bank

Proton2233

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 02:48:32 PM

Bitcoin banks do not need me. I'm not trying to earn interest from deposits. It is enough to be able to earn bitcoin, securely store it in your purse and to avoid inflation of my savings. The growth of bitcoin prices I see as a bonus, but not as income.
nexttime

Activity: 55

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 09:25:07 AM

I agree with this idea a bank bitcoin bank. I think that is also because I want btc to be regarded as a currency that we can store and solve a lot of things.
youdacapt

Activity: 1806
Merit: 295

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2017, 10:07:12 AM

I agree with this idea a bank bitcoin bank. I think that is also because I want btc to be regarded as a currency that we can store and solve a lot of things.

If the physical bank forms, bitcoin should get world recognition to operate in public, this is not an easy thing and takes time and process. Other problems will also arise such as the disagreement of fiat banks globally. I think these two parties must unite, meaning fiat banks must accept bitcoin as a legitimate currency, of course this also must get approval from the government.
smileee

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 03:24:47 AM

Recently, i often see discussion about Bitcoin Bank. More and more people come here and ask about bitcoin bank & surprisingly i see few user agree with this idea.
So, i would like to find out the percentage of user who agreed with this idea.

Honestly, i think this idea is stupid and worst idea that i've seen in my life. What do you think?
p.s. we don't talk about bitcoin debit card.

Xapo, Coinbase and Circle, they are all "bitcoin banks", if someone doesn't like them, they don't have to use them...
if we want to continue to hold or money transactions by banks, we did not participate in Bitcoin. The appearance of "Bitcoin bank" changes the nature of Bitcoin, and we do not want that. "Bitcoin bank" is the worst concept ever heard.

▬▬▬▬▬  bitJob ◆ The Student Marketplace  ▬▬▬▬▬
█ █    [Whitepaper] [Telegram] [slack] [ANN Thread]    █ █
▬▬▬▬▬   TOKEN SALE ▶ Sept 12th, 2017   ▬▬▬▬▬
khan149
Copper Member

Activity: 463
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 03:56:38 AM

I don't agree.
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: