Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:23:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 [415] 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 ... 1135 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX]  (Read 3426876 times)
Morgahl

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 12:06:03 AM

Any plans to add support for DarkCoin?

Page 350 very last post.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=167229.msg5208211;topicseen#msg5208211
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 12:29:34 AM

I don't think the factor already increased (I am running the R9 on it and the rate is still the same...)
Try using the -L2 -t kernel, it works rather well for me with the gtx780ti (now for N=11 you can tune it on an UTC pool they'll be happy to see someone...)

Thanks man.  I looked and I was only getting around 50% gpu utilization.  I ended up having to reinstall drivers to get it working again.  Not the first time I've run into this either.  I'm getting ~220kh now, but I'll give those settings a try too, see if I can squeeze a little more performance out of it.

Since the nfactor change to 10 I've been getting 300k from my 780s using (from autotune): -l T12x20 -L 1

Also a definite +1 to cudacoin!
-L 1 is like using no -L at all
I don't think there are many memory issues yet at this factor, but you just have to try the different -L I suppose...
That's strange I can't get passed 275 with my 780ti and using L2 give me a little more (that's why I was suggesting it)
Is your card plugged into a monitor (and/or using the google chrome trick... that's the only thing I haven't tried so far...)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
taltamir

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:01:30 AM

I have been getting an odd error with the latest version 2014-02-18

It doesn't happen right away, but after a few hours of running.

I have reverted to cudaminer-2013-12-18 which doesn't exhibit this issue.

For both versions I am using x64 version.
My full system detail
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5cEvOA-L4zcd3dXN1R1Z1Biak0/edit?usp=sharing

I run via a bat file that just says:
cudaminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://middlecoin.com:3333 -u USERNAME -p x

Anyone has seen anything like this?
thedude11

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:02:42 AM

Anyone mining a scrypt-jane coin on their 750ti with Nfactor of 11 or higher? Keep getting bsods on mine with cmd line of: "cudaminer --algo=scrypt-jane:CACH -d 2 -o stratum+tcp:...." Using release 2-18-14. If you are can you share what your launch config is? Thank you.

Omega0255

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:04:23 AM

I was also thinking about a coin with an automated air drop (the preliminary success of
Auroracoin seems to indicate that Airdrops are actually a good thing).

Each wallet that at a given time has X coins in it, will receive a 3*X air drop. Creates instant interest
in mining (and possibly buying) some coins to get several wallets with the given minimum.

Repeat this cycle every 3 months, upping the next minimum coin requirement to X' = 5 X.
This leaves a 1*X coin gap per wallet until the next air drop, requiring more mining (or buying)
to keep up.

It's kind of a proof of stake system with a continued motivation for mining or buying.
Note that the airdrops are NOT filled from pre-mine, but rather as PoS transactions.

Some inflation is built in, however it should not be a problem if the number of users of the coin
grows at about the same rate.

Christian

How is this different from the current PoS systems like for Blackcoin or Mintcoin when it goes 100% PoS? People generate coins through "minting" instead of "mining" By keeping coins in your wallet, you get coins generated randomly as interest. It keeps the incentive to hold onto the coins and the limited supply keeps the coins valuable. No need to spend any power on hashing to generate coins.
bigjme

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:13:05 AM

It is the same but we want to use a custom algorithm that has an advantage for nvidia cards and less of one for amd.  Would even out most of the cryptos being massively easy on amd

Owner of: cudamining.co.uk
cbuchner1 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:14:47 AM

How is this different from the current PoS systems like for Blackcoin or Mintcoin when it goes 100% PoS? People generate coins through "minting" instead of "mining" By keeping coins in your wallet, you get coins generated randomly as interest. It keeps the incentive to hold onto the coins and the limited supply keeps the coins valuable. No need to spend any power on hashing to generate coins.

it's the incentive to hold a given number of coins per wallet at given times. doesn't matter how fresh the funds are, only the fact you held them at a given time is important. The blockchain provides the proof you held them, and your private keys qualify you for the rewards. Technically it can be implemented through a transaction the wallet initiates after the airdrop (which other nodes would validate against the block chain). That it's a per-wallet reward reflects the idea that anyone is eligible (and we're not checking if you hold multiple wallets because that is technically infeasible, so wallet hoarding is legitimate).

Current PoS solutions requires funds to be held for a minimum time, after which the PoS is generated at random times (for Yacoin at least), and typically the PoS is low (in the order of percents).

This airdrop is at fixed times and the reward greatly exceeds the held funds.

Christan

antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:18:25 AM

Anyone mining a scrypt-jane coin on their 750ti with Nfactor of 11 or higher? Keep getting bsods on mine with cmd line of: "cudaminer --algo=scrypt-jane:CACH -d 2 -o stratum+tcp:...." Using release 2-18-14. If you are can you share what your launch config is? Thank you.

Are you running the x86 or x64 version?

I get bsod when running the x86 version. It only does it on my msi 750ti. It does it if I running regular scrypt. I get the Nvidia driver error for the bsod.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
ivanlabrie

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:18:39 AM

it's the incentive to hold a given number of coins per wallet at given times. doesn't matter how fresh the funds are, only the fact you held them at a given time is important. The blockchain provides the proof you held them, and your private keys qualify you for the rewards. Technically it can be implemented through a transaction the wallet initiates after the airdrop (which other nodes would validate against the block chain).

Current PoS solutions requires funds to be held for a minimum time, after which the PoS is generated at random times (for Yacoin at least), and typically the PoS is low (in the order of percents).

This airdrop is at fixed times and the reward greatly exceeds the held funds.

Christan

That would be pretty cool imho...
bigjme

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:20:26 AM

I do think this would be a great idea. But can we make it a reality?

djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 02:25:57 AM

what is required exactly to launch a coin ? (beside an IPO with promises of huge premine)

djm34 facebook page
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
bigjme

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:28:33 AM

The wallet created, a miner, a hosted server as the main first node, and a bit of development.

Actual cost wise the server is the expense. But in all honesty it's only needed at the start for the genesis (first) block. After that wallets begin to connect to each other

And a months rental on a shared server isn't much. Perhaps a quarter of a bit coins worth would get one rented for a month. Enough to start a faucet to keep it going and let wallets find each other as nodes

Ooh and that's something I would build into a wallet. Some way to store the ip address's of the nodes it's found. That way if you have to relaunch the wallet it has a lot of options to check first and get lots of connections quickly

cbuchner1 (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:37:00 AM

Ooh and that's something I would build into a wallet. Some way to store the ip address's of the nodes it's found. That way if you have to relaunch the wallet it has a lot of options to check first and get lots of connections quickly

I think most wallets already have this feature.

the main work in my proposed coin is the new "proof of stake" system for airdrops. It would require detailed knowledge of the wallet's source code and a deep understanding how transactions are propagated and processed (I don't have that knowledge really). After all, these claims for airdrop rewards have to be validated and filled by the network. Similar to a mining transaction (new coin generation), the sum of the outputs of an airdrop transaction is bigger than the sum of the inputs.

Also continued maintenance of the wallet is important. Quick updates after blockchain splits must be provided and critical flaws fixed - otherwise the coin may just die at random times.

IPOs and premines are an optional thing (acting as fundraisers) and are typically frowned upon.
bigjme

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:39:26 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 03:29:41 AM by bigjme

hmm, i may start digging into this

maybe create my own maxcoin clone to test it? on a lan only environment
just need to sift through the src folder and see what things do

EDIT:
ok then so the gensis block code is pretty simple

main.cpp
Code:
uint256 hashGenesisBlock("0x0000002d0f86558a6e737a3a351043ee73906fe077692dfaa3c9328aaca21964");
static const unsigned int timeGenesisBlock = 1390822264;
static const unsigned int nNonceGenesisBlock = 11548217;

so you have to generate a random hash for the genesis block for release, enter it, enter the starting time of the coin

for the above the launch time is 1/27/2014 11:31:04 AM GMT+0
unsure on the Nonce yet

maximum coin number is easy aswell
main.h
Code:
static const int64 MAX_MONEY = 250000000 * COIN; // 250 million

main.cpp
Code:
static const int64 nBlockRewardStartCoin = 96 * COIN;
static const int64 nTargetSpacing = 30; // 30 seconds
nSubsidy >>= (nHeight / 1051200);

time between blocks and block reward, easily changed
and also how often the reward should halve

doesnt seem to hard to change the algorithm
hash.h
Code:
inline uint256 HashKeccak(const T1 pbegin, const T1 pend)
{
    sph_keccak256_context ctx_keccak;
    static unsigned char pblank[1];
    uint256 hash;

sph_keccak256_init(&ctx_keccak);
    sph_keccak256 (&ctx_keccak, (pbegin == pend ? pblank : static_cast<const void*>(&pbegin[0])), (pend - pbegin) * sizeof(pbegin[0]));
    sph_keccak256_close(&ctx_keccak, static_cast<void*>(&hash));

return hash;
}
Code:
 hashRand = HashKeccak(BEGIN(hashRand), END(hashRand));

Heres the code for the difficulty calculations, in this case the Kimoto Gravity Well
Code:
unsigned int static KimotoGravityWell(const CBlockIndex* pindexLast, const CBlockHeader *pblock, uint64 TargetBlocksSpacingSeconds, uint64 PastBlocksMin, uint64 PastBlocksMax) {
        /* current difficulty formula, megacoin - kimoto gravity well */
        const CBlockIndex *BlockLastSolved = pindexLast;
        const CBlockIndex *BlockReading = pindexLast;
        const CBlockHeader *BlockCreating = pblock;
        BlockCreating = BlockCreating;
        uint64 PastBlocksMass = 0;
        int64 PastRateActualSeconds = 0;
        int64 PastRateTargetSeconds = 0;
        double PastRateAdjustmentRatio = double(1);
        CBigNum PastDifficultyAverage;
        CBigNum PastDifficultyAveragePrev;
        double EventHorizonDeviation;
        double EventHorizonDeviationFast;
        double EventHorizonDeviationSlow;

if (BlockLastSolved == NULL || BlockLastSolved->nHeight == 0 || (uint64)BlockLastSolved->nHeight < PastBlocksMin) { return bnProofOfWorkLimit.GetCompact(); }

for (unsigned int i = 1; BlockReading && BlockReading->nHeight > 0; i++) {
                if (PastBlocksMax > 0 && i > PastBlocksMax) { break; }
                PastBlocksMass++;

if (i == 1) { PastDifficultyAverage.SetCompact(BlockReading->nBits); }
                else { PastDifficultyAverage = ((CBigNum().SetCompact(BlockReading->nBits) - PastDifficultyAveragePrev) / i) + PastDifficultyAveragePrev; }
                PastDifficultyAveragePrev = PastDifficultyAverage;

PastRateActualSeconds = BlockLastSolved->GetBlockTime() - BlockReading->GetBlockTime();
                PastRateTargetSeconds = TargetBlocksSpacingSeconds * PastBlocksMass;
                PastRateAdjustmentRatio = double(1);
                if (PastRateActualSeconds < 0) { PastRateActualSeconds = 0; }
                if (PastRateActualSeconds != 0 && PastRateTargetSeconds != 0) {
                PastRateAdjustmentRatio = double(PastRateTargetSeconds) / double(PastRateActualSeconds);
                }
                EventHorizonDeviation = 1 + (0.7084 * pow((double(PastBlocksMass)/double(28.2)), -1.228));
                EventHorizonDeviationFast = EventHorizonDeviation;
                EventHorizonDeviationSlow = 1 / EventHorizonDeviation;

if (PastBlocksMass >= PastBlocksMin) {
                        if ((PastRateAdjustmentRatio <= EventHorizonDeviationSlow) || (PastRateAdjustmentRatio >= EventHorizonDeviationFast)) { assert(BlockReading); break; }
                }
                if (BlockReading->pprev == NULL) { assert(BlockReading); break; }
                BlockReading = BlockReading->pprev;
        }

CBigNum bnNew(PastDifficultyAverage);
        if (PastRateActualSeconds != 0 && PastRateTargetSeconds != 0) {
                bnNew *= PastRateActualSeconds;
                bnNew /= PastRateTargetSeconds;
        }
    if (bnNew > bnProofOfWorkLimit) { bnNew = bnProofOfWorkLimit; }

return bnNew.GetCompact();
}

coercion

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:48:05 AM

OMG WHY?
1. If I cashed out the BTC I made from MAX alone it would nearly cover the loan I received to purchase an S5. It still feels a bit like play money.

2. My career has been taking me further and further away from silicon, so just following your progress on cudaminer is gratifying.

3. You happened to be of assistance (however indirect) along my path to realizing that it is entirely appropriate for me to quit my cushy corporate job and bring my skill set to the world of cryptocurrencies.
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:51:36 AM

OMG WHY?
1. If I cashed out the BTC I made from MAX alone it would nearly cover the loan I received to purchase an S5. It still feels a bit like play money.

2. My career has been taking me further and further away from silicon, so just following your progress on cudaminer is gratifying.

3. You happened to be of assistance (however indirect) along my path to realizing that it is entirely appropriate for me to quit my cushy corporate job and bring my skill set to the world of cryptocurrencies.
What's an S5 ?

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 02:52:31 AM

Is there any documentation regarding the wallets ?

Concerning the IPO and the premines, I am not really fond of them either

djm34 facebook page
bigjme

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:53:43 AM

Is there any documentation regarding the wallets ?

Concerning the IPO and the premines, I am not really fond of them either

cudacoin would never have an IPO
if i can figure this out i will gladly let anyone use the code

cbuchner1 (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:05:39 AM

What's an S5 ?

I figure it's a bitcoin miner.

Googling for S5 miner only yields those miner boots though: http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/pvc-miner-boots-s5.html
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 03:12:28 AM

What's an S5 ?

I figure it's a bitcoin miner.

Googling for S5 miner only yields those miner boots though: http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/pvc-miner-boots-s5.html

funny the link you gave returned a pair of pvc industrial boots lol

I would rather think it is an Audi S5 (you might not get a loan for a miner)

djm34 facebook page
Pages: « 1 ... 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 [415] 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 ... 1135 »
  Print  

Jump to: