Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:31:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official CedarTec Topic - New ASIC [Scam?]  (Read 43001 times)
funnow

Activity: 347
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 01:00:17 PM

after a bit of research it seems ionstorm is right,
its the only one i could find listed online in that area

http://www.alpcb.com.cn/Contact_Us/

altho i could not find that company in the china yellow pages

If you need to check them, just PM me. I could ask my friend..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
johnny5

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 03:14:11 PM

April 15th

Dear customer,

we are on the last steps of
the optimizations, we need to
go sure that everything runs
stable over a long time period
before we start the mass production.

We will announce the mass production,
when it starts, but before we will release
a video of the working prototype.

The shipment date is still scheduled for
the 14th may.

April 26th
Dear customer,

currently the video is not
our number one priority,
please understand the delay.
Like promised we will upload
the video this week,
if there is no other possibility
we will capture it sunday.

More informations will be published
next week on our webpage.

As someone who has read email prose from the PrimeASIC "people" - this reads to me almost identical.  Could be just another version of the PrimeASIC scam, from the same folks?  The sites are very similar (as far as english use goes), the wording very similar, and the checkout-process is verbatim between PrimeASIC and CedarTec.
HerrDoktor

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 03:18:09 PM

funny, now that you mention it i see it as well. Could be the same bunch of scammers.

Cheers
wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 03:33:19 PM

I live in Saudi Arabia so I am relativly close. If they are legit and actually reading this. this is a legit statement:

- I will personally come to you this weekend physically and buy 5 CT-80 and will tip you very generously as well. I will make a documentary of the whole thing as well.

- Lophie

BTW I am an Arab native and I really don't know what he said in the beginning , maybe something like
"يالله بلشنا الشوت"
Dunno if he said الشوت for "we are shooting", I know a bunch of the nationale and never heard them using that term. Not even as slang.

which supposed to means, "Go we started shooting"

Send them an email, ask to visit them to film the prototype. They have not announced starting mass production so they probably dont have any other device then the prototype.

Why the hell would he  ask them to make another shitty film, when he's willing to go look at it in PERSON. Seriously, guy, I'm thinking you are a shill for these guys. Either that, or you're delusional.

I am sorry to tell you that it is either you are very sleep deprived or you lack proper understanding of the language. "ask to visit them to film the prototype" Visiting them is a requirement in the sentence hence "filming" is a reference to my doing.

-_-!

My mistake. You are correct, it was late and I misread. Apologies to Anonymous64.

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
HerrDoktor

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 03:37:21 PM

So what about that video ? Did they release something today ?
wrenchmonkey

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 03:42:32 PM

So what about that video ? Did they release something today ?

Heh. Yeah right.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

crisuch

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 03:54:01 PM

April 15th

Dear customer,

we are on the last steps of
the optimizations, we need to
go sure that everything runs
stable over a long time period
before we start the mass production.

We will announce the mass production,
when it starts, but before we will release
a video of the working prototype.

The shipment date is still scheduled for
the 14th may.

April 26th
Dear customer,

currently the video is not
our number one priority,
please understand the delay.
Like promised we will upload
the video this week,
if there is no other possibility
we will capture it sunday.

More informations will be published
next week on our webpage.

As someone who has read email prose from the PrimeASIC "people" - this reads to me almost identical.  Could be just another version of the PrimeASIC scam, from the same folks?  The sites are very similar (as far as english use goes), the wording very similar, and the checkout-process is verbatim between PrimeASIC and CedarTec.

Something that appears suspicious is that primeAsic allows a max of 3 orders... Cedartec also allows a max of 3 orders...
iANDROID

Activity: 182

Swiss Money all around me!

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 04:04:57 PM

Our business is based in Strengelbach AG. You can reach us both day and night best via mobile phone ... or of course any time by e-mail!

Office:
SOIOS
Matthias Schweizer
Kornweg 10 A
4802 Strengelbach AG

Phone E-mail  info@soios.ch

+41 79 282 93 45

Wanna call this number?
ionstorm

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 04:05:32 PM

I placed an order for 1 just now, I figured I got in below 20 dollars a btc and didnt lose anything on my initial investment, I'll be ordering 3+ more between my friends as soon as I can confirm that its for real, I figured I secured my place in getting it this month and if I do receive it I'll be posting youtube videos of the experience.  I dont condone anyone else to order, I had some extra btc to spare and is like gambing 50 percent or below on satoshi dice.  I can afford to lose this amount for potential gains, if this is a scam i'll be ordering some DIY asics, got a BFL miner on the way and we'll see which solution gets up and running quickest.  I'll be freaking amazed that some lebanese dudes pulled this off.  Time will tell I guess, i'd reccomend anyone else to wait out the two weeks and F5 this forum for updates.  

Today Cedartec answered some more questions for me that i'll share with you guys:

Dear customer,

sorry for the delay, we will look
where the problem is. You should receive it
within the next 90 minutes.

"Hey, I'm about to buy a ct-80 and was wondering your progress on the power optimizations and the water cooling system.
-Power consumption is still the same, like the coreclock. We are currently designing a efficient watercooling system.
 Pictures will follow soon.

I also was wondering if it will look exactly like its designed on the website?  Will the final case look any differently?  When would it be possible to see updated photos of the device?
-There will be for sure some changes, but no big changes. With device do you mean the hardware or the case?

Also I was wondering if cgminer is being used and if there will be shell access?  If so is it going to be ssh or telnet? Or will it require a host computer?
-Shell access (ssh). Host computer is not required until you want to configure wifi access and got not ethernet cable, then you
must connect it through usb, to configure the wifi data.

What storage space and ram will be available?  Can you provide any more detailed specifications?
-Not at the moment, these datas are not final and could vary greatly until we
 publish our final product.

Also when will my order ship with Dhl Lebanon?"
-If ordered now you will get your product shipped
 in the second week, after the current shipping schedule
 it would be between 20th and 25th may, but you can calculate
 a small delay through the optimizations which must be made.

With best regards,

Your CedarTec Team.
johnny5

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 04:13:44 PM

I placed an order for 1 just now, I figured I got in below 20 dollars a btc and didnt lose anything on my initial investment,...
I figured I secured my place in getting it this month and if I do receive it I'll be posting youtube videos of the experience....
I'll be freaking amazed that some lebanese dudes pulled this off.  Time will tell I guess, i'd reccomend anyone else to wait out the two weeks and F5 this forum for updates.  

we all wait with baited breath.  odds on this are like what.. 1 in 100(0?)   good luck!

If it's the PrimeASIC dudes, you'll get a tracking number, and it won't be valid, and that will be the last communication you will have from them.
crisuch

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 04:29:57 PM

I placed an order for 1 just now, I figured I got in below 20 dollars a btc and didnt lose anything on my initial investment,...
I figured I secured my place in getting it this month and if I do receive it I'll be posting youtube videos of the experience....
I'll be freaking amazed that some lebanese dudes pulled this off.  Time will tell I guess, i'd reccomend anyone else to wait out the two weeks and F5 this forum for updates.  

we all wait with baited breath.  odds on this are like what.. 1 in 100(0?)   good luck!

If it's the PrimeASIC dudes, you'll get a tracking number, and it won't be valid, and that will be the last communication you will have from them.

I would be more generous... I would assign to CedarTec a probability of 10/100 Smiley
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 04:56:35 PM

Guys kassem mourad street is almost all residential buildings. There is also a mosque and a few small shops: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.45960087,d.Yms&biw=1920&bih=979&q=kassem+mourad+tripoli+lebanon&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x1521f6a4afdf1821:0x55dac00b7c75eafb,Kassem+Mourad,+Lebanon&sa=X&ei=hJmFUYilFIbRtAazq4DAAw&ved=0CC4Q8gEwAA

I hope this helps a few people from potentially getting scammed Smiley

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 04:58:15 PM

Madness!
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 06:04:18 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2013, 11:15:05 PM by Bitcoinorama

I placed an order for 1 just now, I figured I got in below 20 dollars a btc and didnt lose anything on my initial investment, I'll be ordering 3+ more between my friends as soon as I can confirm that its for real, I figured I secured my place in getting it this month and if I do receive it I'll be posting youtube videos of the experience.  I dont condone anyone else to order, I had some extra btc to spare and is like gambing 50 percent or below on satoshi dice.  I can afford to lose this amount for potential gains, if this is a scam i'll be ordering some DIY asics, got a BFL miner on the way and we'll see which solution gets up and running quickest.  I'll be freaking amazed that some lebanese dudes pulled this off.  Time will tell I guess, i'd reccomend anyone else to wait out the two weeks and F5 this forum for updates.  

Unnnbelivable, what grates me is the fact the more there is the slimmest chance some twit will pay up, the more you will hear half truths and evasive proof that never fully satisfies. Why? Because they bank.

And that's the crux of it, to you this is seen as merely a gamble. You're not treating your BTC as money, which it is. You see it as I doubled, tripled an original outlay so your not getting burned as much. That's hugely immature and is against the entire purpose of Bitcoin as a currency. Your BTC = today's value and what really pisses me off is there are genuine charities in Lebanon that you could have thrown your money at instead of handing it to a complete c**t.

You could have at least waited 24 hours because they guaranteed a new video today that will remove ALL doubt. Last week they were too busy, but by Sunday latest. No shoddy camera work, complete clarity, undeniable working evidence, utmost proof of a working prototype in a known pool without their fake ass software.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
wrenchmonkey

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 06:24:23 PM

Today Cedartec answered some more questions for me that i'll share with you guys:

Dear customer,

sorry for the delay, we will look
where the problem is. You should receive it
within the next 90 minutes.

"Hey, I'm about to buy a ct-80 and was wondering your progress on the power optimizations and the water cooling system.
-Power consumption is still the same, like the coreclock. We are currently designing a efficient watercooling system.
 Pictures will follow soon.

I also was wondering if it will look exactly like its designed on the website?  Will the final case look any differently?  When would it be possible to see updated photos of the device?
-There will be for sure some changes, but no big changes. With device do you mean the hardware or the case?

Also I was wondering if cgminer is being used and if there will be shell access?  If so is it going to be ssh or telnet? Or will it require a host computer?
-Shell access (ssh). Host computer is not required until you want to configure wifi access and got not ethernet cable, then you
must connect it through usb, to configure the wifi data.

What storage space and ram will be available?  Can you provide any more detailed specifications?
-Not at the moment, these datas are not final and could vary greatly until we
 publish our final product.

Also when will my order ship with Dhl Lebanon?"
-If ordered now you will get your product shipped
 in the second week, after the current shipping schedule
 it would be between 20th and 25th may, but you can calculate
 a small delay through the optimizations which must be made.

With best regards,

Your CedarTec Team.

Jesus fuckin' christ. There's SO MUCH stupid in this world...

Anonymousg64

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 06:27:10 PM

just one problem guys, that promise for a sunday video was done on the 26th, the video they have up right now is that video.
they did promise a new video, livestats and better pictures at some point tho
premo

Activity: 49

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 08:50:34 PM

this is utter madness
premo

Activity: 49

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 08:51:53 PM

im sure they promised a more clear and definitive video that would negate any notion of this being a phoney product or did i read wrong
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 09:45:25 PM

I placed an order for 1 just now, I figured I got in below 20 dollars a btc and didnt lose anything on my initial investment

Let me know if you have any other bitcoins. You clearly want to throw them all away. Send them to me instead. I'll send you some pictures of real ASICs in exchange. That's way more than you'll get out of the CedarTec scam.

Buy & Hold
Anonymousg64

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 02:06:42 AM

More info for you to nit-pick at

Dear customer,

> as for http://www.cedartec.net/images/gallery/proof.jpg [1]
>
> are the asic chips present or not and for what reason?
>
> here is the area of interest:
> http://imgur.com/QBkqtCs
There where chips assembled, but not all.
I think this photo was taken at the beginning,
but we have not published it directly.
At this time we have tested the pcb on failures,
there was an stability problem, so we assembled
chips from 1 to 10 to see if the asic runs well.

> From the address you gave me we assume SinoFast will be assembling the
> pcb's.
> Can you confirm that and tell what company is manufacturing the
> wafers?

We will not reject or confirm the companies name before the production
starts.

> Please consider bitcointalk user lophie's offer to go visit and do a
> video documentary.
>
> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170739.msg2033375#msg2033375

He is not the only one who asked, if we allow him to enter our
office, everyone else would want to. We will accept visitors
when we have finished and shipped all pre-orders.

> when will we see any public stats to verify that indeed the device is
> hashing at >67Gh/s and not just showing random numbers on the webgui.

As we said they will follow soon, when the product is optimized.

We apologize for the late answer, we have many requests in the last
days and also senseless spam mails with insults.
We hope you understand why we could not answer within 2 hours.

With best regards,

Your CedarTec Team.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: